PDA

View Full Version : [SOS] Mini-Z Formula Boat Question

papaya
2010.09.16, 05:01 AM
Hi guys, i'm very tempted to get the Formula Boat ready set, but when i read the spec was abit dissapointed that it has a small Ni-MH battery which charges on a charger that requires 8AA. I don't mind the 8AA part but i hear the Ni-MH only provides 5 minutes play time?

Is it possible to purchase a bigger battery, main reason is i don't want it to get stucked in the water because it ran out of power...

Or is there any boat that runs directly off AA batteries?

ChiMiniRc
2010.09.16, 01:36 PM
Hi guys, i'm very tempted to get the Formula Boat ready set, but when i read the spec was abit dissapointed that it has a small Ni-MH battery which charges on a charger that requires 8AA. I don't mind the 8AA part but i hear the Ni-MH only provides 5 minutes play time?

Is it possible to purchase a bigger battery, main reason is i don't want it to get stucked in the water because it ran out of power...

Or is there any boat that runs directly off AA batteries?

You could consider wiring up a lipo pack but would need to make sure you don't over discharge it.

I recently bought a boat and was let down when I found out the charger wasn't a peak charger. It requires you to hold the charge button down for 2 minutes manually. So if you have a nice charger that can charge at a low rate, I'd just get a connector or switch it all over to mini-deans.