PDA

View Full Version : "TIKI TIKI" Mini-Z MR-03

arch2b
2010.09.16, 11:18 PM
Kyosho Tiki Tiki Mode MR-03 (http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/event/presently/plastic_radio/index.html)

i can't seem to find much information on this special offering but i have to say it looks slick.

I spoke with Kyosho. Here are some facts.

In the US, it will be called Chase Mode
The feature will be standard on new cars starting around 1st qtr 2011
It is disabled by default (normal 100% throttle) and enabled via a USB connection
It requires a 3ch channel radio, no plans for expansion to kt-18
The price point will not increase due to the inclusion of this feature
The Gyro and ICS connector will remain and will not be lost to this Chase Mode Feature

herman
2010.09.17, 12:52 AM
all in reeeeed.... redrum... redrum....

look at that front... looks like it has a carbon fiber stiffenter...

Guinness
2010.09.17, 09:51 AM
very nice looking. can't wait for more info

Skv012a
2010.09.17, 03:25 PM
Very cool.

byebye
2010.09.17, 04:46 PM
Interesting find. I'm baffled myself. Is that an EVO-X in the second pic?

Guinness
2010.09.17, 04:59 PM
Looks like either an Imprezza or a Vauxhall

color01
2010.09.17, 05:01 PM
Yup, kitted up Evo X. I doubt they'll have a bodykit version of the Mini-Z Evo X for a while though...

arch2b
2010.09.17, 10:27 PM
the evo asc has already been scooped on the jpn blogs. it was seen about the same time as the makers rx7. it was displayed at the same jpn hobby show.

The Mini-Z version of the Kyosho Alice Motors Evo. X will be ready soon.
The official release will come later, but first look at these pictures!

This decals are printed on paper
but you can see how the Mini-Z version is
going to be.

This body is going to be displayed at the Kyosho booth in Tokyo hobby show next month.
I hope you come and check it.

Thank you for reading.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

OK, thank you Sato-san!

How about the Evo. X? Very cool isn't it?

EMU
2010.09.18, 05:08 AM
Interesting. Im still waiting for my green... lol. I think its too much red. It needs a little black to give it some depth. I wouldnt mind just the PCB cover, battery clips and upper arms for a stock chassis...

The front piece may not be a stiffener, but may be a ride height limiter (limits the uptravel of the spring)... Its a really poor picture to judge from.

Felix2010
2010.09.18, 11:03 PM
This All-Red chassis I think is really trick. Me want bad! ;-) The thing is, upgrading parts, I'm not sure what color alm. parts to use? What do you guys think - Silver, Blue maybe? I wouldn't think Orange...

Really different. The new Orange AWD, I hope they offer all these chassis parts as an SP chassis set or something, these would be so cool to use to make your car different.

pedrocamp
2010.09.18, 11:51 PM
There is a stiffener available from Kyosho, saw it on some blog or forum. Carbon part with different pivot screws, they have a shoulder to accept the stiffener plate.

pfcparts
2010.09.19, 12:43 AM
Red diff and oil shock are great looking.

The arm coloring looks a little off. Maybe they'll
release some red alloy arms? :) Since they included
the upper arm stiffener, I wonder if the bottom has
that carbon plate as well...

parts

arch2b
2010.09.19, 10:03 AM
what makes this the most unique chassis set we've seen so far is this is the only one that has been released full on custom color. never before have we had a full color chassis set. it's always been some combination of stock plastic kit parts such as pcb cover, battery clips, etc. frankly, i was never really impressed with these. while it may come across as too much red, i love it for that very fact. it's a true and out red chassis, from the top shock to, the knuckles to the motor pod. hell, even the h plate is red. yes, the shade is not 100% even but that is not surprising when you consider that not all part may be of the same plastic composition or even materials thus the coloring may not match 100%. really doesn't bother me at all, you see the same variation in pn orange parts to be honest. out of dozens i have, maybe a few are 100% matches.

machgo5go
2010.09.19, 11:59 AM
I love it so maybe my next investment!
It is also funny in such huge company, they still can not hired a proper English proof reader.
"ERECTRIC POWERED TURING CAR Mini-z Racer MR-03"!:D

SaiTam
2010.09.19, 12:13 PM
Maybe they did hire one; just that no one is able to validate his/her translation.

arch2b
2010.09.19, 12:22 PM
Maybe they did hire one; just that no one is able to validate his/her translation.

doesn't make sense at all. any english as a second language instructor could tell you this stuff is fubar. any company that advertises in multiple countries in various languages uses editors which proof this stuff. this has been the same problem they have had for 10 years now. it's just clear that they do not place much value on a competent copy editor services except for maybe their higher profit margin lines.

machgo5go
2010.09.20, 06:35 AM
what makes this the most unique chassis set we've seen so far is this is the only one that has been released full on custom color. never before have we had a full color chassis set. it's always been some combination of stock plastic kit parts such as pcb cover, battery clips, etc. frankly, i was never really impressed with these. while it may come across as too much red, i love it for that very fact. it's a true and out red chassis, from the top shock to, the knuckles to the motor pod. hell, even the h plate is red. yes, the shade is not 100% even but that is not surprising when you consider that not all part may be of the same plastic composition or even materials thus the coloring may not match 100%. really doesn't bother me at all, you see the same variation in pn orange parts to be honest. out of dozens i have, maybe a few are 100% matches.
My Japan office colleage's review who is also Mini Z racer is not much fan from it as I quote:
"This model runs at 80% of power in normal case.
When you have 3ch transmitter, it can use this 3rd channel to use 100% off
power as "boost mode". That is it. No value of getting new one just for this idea. Note that, it does not mean go faster."

machgo5go
2010.09.20, 06:38 AM
My Japan office colleage who is also Mini Z racer but he is not not much fan for this new product's concept:
power as "boost mode". That is it. No value of getting new one just for this idea. Note that, it does not mean go faster."

arch2b
2010.09.20, 01:02 PM
can you point to reference of that information? clearly, that is not known by us here in the U.S. as i cannot find any information that explains details of the included electronics.

pfcparts
2010.09.20, 08:37 PM
No L in the Japanese language hence the various
replacements with R (almost sounds the same).
Considering it is an english word used for exotic
purposes cut them some slack lol.

They "don't care" for it as this product is for their market
only. I'm pretty sure not many Japanese speaking
people could catch the engrish in that or would care
about that for the matter. :p It wouldn't make any sense
to hire someone to translate/validate this to english if it
will never see a release in an english speaking market.

I doubt some little mistake here and there will help
or hinder their own domestic sales of this product.

parts

machgo5go
2010.09.20, 09:24 PM
can you point to reference of that information? clearly, that is not known by us here in the U.S. as i cannot find any information that explains details of the included electronics.
"There is a blog in Japanese rc store that tells it has new PWB.
Have to wait until kyosho release official information soon, as it may
change."

arch2b
2010.09.20, 09:42 PM
thanks for the update, please let us know if you find any more news.

pfc, goes to my point that they don't care (mini-z market compared to there larger scales), just as you put it in not so many words. otherwise, it would be done right. this is just small potatoes, mini-z's in the u.s. are small potatoes for kyosho as explained in detail by others in threads on the topic.

herman
2010.09.20, 10:31 PM
Interesting find. I'm baffled myself. Is that an EVO-X in the second pic?

more pics here (http://s-tai.advance-step.net/gallery.html)

herman
2010.09.20, 10:40 PM
hmm... so what does the "tiki tiki mode" mean exactly???

the picture that comes to mind is...
the kitt car wizzing through traffic in ''boost mode''...
badum badum..... badum badum badum.... lol... :D

herman
2010.09.20, 10:41 PM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30540&d=1285036793
badum badum..... badum badum badum....
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30541&d=1285036809

Felix2010
2010.09.25, 02:20 AM
Any idea what the tariff's gonna be on this TIKI-TIKI Red chassis for us US gents? Curious to know.... Also what's goin on with the white SP and other color top chassis plates and what-not K teased us with pre-MR03 release date? Any sign we're gona get a white top cover kinda like the AD-and MR02 cover was Yellow?

pfcparts
2010.09.25, 05:45 PM
L, the items you listed were Japanese hobby show and pre-order
exclusives. I doubt they'll see a release stateside. Maybe some
shops attending the show will carry the tikis but by now they'd
probably be sold out already.

?

1. Length for context and hopefully abit of understanding.

2. I'm aware of the arguments for the US market getting the
shaft. I was questioning the 50-100% mark ups when the
prices basically doubled awhile back when people were
rationalizing it with petroleum costs. I still find it absurd you
can pick up many items from Japanese sites have them shipped
EMS to your door (faster than domestic shops here) and still
have the price be under the market MSRP here... My comment
had nothing to do with that...

3. Again, since this is a purely Japanese item marketed to
a hobby show in Japan and you are visiting a Japanese site,
why the heck would there be a need for them to bother in
English corrections if it will never meant for or will see an English
market release? Should all companies translate stuff with
corrections fully into languages in which markets they won't be
releasing the products to for it to be "done right"? :confused:

If it were to release in the states it would be on the English
site (months later lol) and probably without fault. To call it fubar
and rake them for it just seems ethnocentric and petty. It
would make more sense to complain about the "tariffs" as
Larry stated or lack of exclusives if you want to make a point
about them not caring...

parts

arch2b
2010.09.25, 05:58 PM
why are we continuing to harp on translations? it's an obvious flaw but something we've been dealing with in mini-z for 10 years. if not, than google muffs it up as usual. either way it's about the most worthless thing to argue about in regards to this very interesting product so lets move on. i'd rather get more information, even if in broken english, than nothing.

machgo5go
2010.09.29, 07:17 PM
There are now official information in rc stores about the MR03 Tiki Tiki.
As I wrote, Kyosho admit that the Mini-z trend has gone too much to speed, rather than enjoyment and excitement. So they decided to de-tune (=basically make the car go slower) so that the people can enjoy more overtaking each other, not just concentrated to pure speed.
So in "Tiki Tiki" mode, the car will run at 70% (not 80% as I wrote previous)
regardless of full throttle. By using 3ch transmitter, the car will boost to 100% for 3sec. They say the idea came from the KERS in F1. By using optional ICS, number of allowance for "boostmode" can be optionally set.

In addition, those red parts will not be available separately. So if you want the red chassis, you need to get the whole thing. But at the same time, you will end up with Red/Black scheme when you repair. Retail price listed 22,000JPY, so street price would be appx. 15kJPY. Some stores started pre-orders for December release.

It will come with similar options as JSCC-version, except all of the options are in red color. Only addition is, the Front upper arm brace which will also be released as separate option anyway. As like JSCC and GTLimited packages, this red chassis will be "limited quantity".

herman
2010.10.01, 04:14 AM
thanks for the info...

3 second boost... pretty cool idea... what type of 3ch controller will you need to do this? i know that high end radios often have 3 channels... is ko coming out with one that will cater specifically to ''tiki tiki'' driving on the mini-z?

kitt boost mode now!!!

badum badum..... badum badum badum....

click here for you tube turbo boost mode tribute (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arL04K3HLMw&feature=related)
click here for you tube super pursuit mode video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Dd4eYObEw)
(it gave me a couple of laughs)

bermbuster
2010.10.01, 07:07 AM
Im hoping Santa brings me one.......:D

machgo5go
2010.10.01, 11:59 AM
http://www.kyosho.com/common/image.php?id=124180
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=107083
http://www.kyosho.com/common/image.php?id=124181
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=107082

herman
2010.10.03, 11:41 PM
http://www.kyosho.com/common/image.php?id=123931
http://www.kyosho.com/common/image.php?id=124182

looks like a new board... :D

more from the site... (google translation)

70% at full throttle to control the motor speed of the most Pawarimitta. Transmitter at the scene where I become a three-second 3ch 100 Obateikumodo% button to demonstrate the output of the highest acceleration and top speed to derive the original "Tiki Tiki" mode is. Giving priority to ease the running too fast too, can enjoy more nip-and-tuck battle. Tail to nose in the battle of the fun is the ability to make drivers more enjoyable.

By setting the number of times in various ways this can be more overtaking, can be introduced into the race just a handicap system. Beginners and intermediates get used to the race, and they will run at the same time easy to battle all the experts, enabling the deployment of a heated race. The number of available factory overtaking is set to five times.

Tiki Tiki 100% output mode for 3 seconds to overtake the function can be set on the number one in the race.Handicapping the race to introduce a system to limit this number to match the arm by reducing the number available as well as increases the chances Teru Tsuyoshi technique without confidence.

To many drivers, it enables you to experience the real thrill of the race.
(Optional configuration changes are required No.82080/ICS USB adapters and PC)

<Handicap classification cases>
● Tiki Tiki hermit Once
● Tiki Tiki Master 3
● No handicap 5 times
● +1 handicap 6
● +2 handicap 7
● +3 handicap 8
● +4 handicap 9
● +5 handicap 10
● +6 handicap 15
● + MAX handicap 250

SaiTam
2010.10.04, 12:35 AM
I replicated this "TIKI TIKI" BS years ago with my Helios. When running Modified class on slippery RCP, I would set my throttle at 50%, then on straightaway I would push the Th. Preset button to go 100%. No one needs this TIKI BS if you have a Helios or similar radio.

EMU
2010.10.04, 01:00 AM
The difference is that with the TIKI TIKI, you can limit the amount of overtake functions that can be used for a race, and it is limited to 3s each time you push the button. Like push to pass for Indy. What you had was more similar to KERS from F1, where you can use it more regularly each lap.

I think its an interesting idea, and it would be interesting for a spec motor class. Otherwise, people would just use the more powerful motors available, and speeds will still be faster than 70t is now without use of the Overtake Function.

benmlee
2010.10.04, 11:59 PM
Sounds like another reason is so beginners can have more number of power boost than the experts so they can both run competitively in the same race. Is a way to encourage beginners.

arch2b
2010.10.05, 08:34 AM
as interesting as this setup sounds, i don't think the u.s. market would accept it very well.

SaiTam
2010.10.05, 10:24 AM
A better Tiki Tiki idea would be running a Beetle / MiniVan or 90mm tall body against a Wide MM car.

arch2b
2010.10.05, 03:15 PM
why would that make a better system than using the chassis itself, eliminating body selection from the equation? i've seen what you can do with a bettle my friend:p and i'm far more comfortable with electronic handicapping than body selection as a result.

all this being said, i'm just not convinced there is a real market for this?

bermbuster
2010.10.06, 09:10 PM
I love the concept...and the fact that you can limit the amount of boosts it makes total sense! It may never be a big seller for faster guys....once you can drive fast why drive slow.....but imagine being forced to drive slow and using the power boost to pass and or to increase laps....It would be a strategy type of racing. It would be great for 2 up racing....
Imagine the kicking in the boost battling for the pass till the end of the boost lasts......then when the smoke clears TIKI TIKI .....haha Im definitely getting 2 of them....:D

herman
2010.10.07, 03:12 AM
concept sounds neat... yeah i guess you'll need 2 at least to run against each other... and issuing a handicaping system that would benefit the lesser skilled driver...

badum badum... badum badum badum.... can't wait to see a kitt car on that chassis... lol :D

EMU
2010.10.07, 03:28 AM
I wonder if it will be compatable with the Helios/EX1 with the ASF module...

arch2b
2010.10.07, 03:08 PM
provided they are 3ch transmitters, i would think so.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.07, 05:18 PM

I think this idea is fantastic. I remember hearing about it for Formula Palmer Audi racing. Not sure if other series did it but I liked the ability to have a limited boost for passing. At my club, I can see this as a very fun way of doing handicapping.

It would be even cooler if the handicapping could be tied into the lap timer. More boost the further behind you are.

EMU
2010.10.07, 05:24 PM

Thats what I thought, but is the module capable of 3ch? Will you have to use the Eurus with the new module... Leaves me thinking, and wondering.

I really do like this idea... I think it would be a lot of fun. Although, I really dont think I would want to spend the money building a new car unless I could turn the feature off and drive it normally when I want to. If its a feature that can be turned on/off and controlled by the race director easily, it may have room to grow...

bermbuster
2010.10.07, 07:04 PM
Thats what I thought, but is the module capable of 3ch? Will you have to use the Eurus with the new module... Leaves me thinking, and wondering.

I really do like this idea... I think it would be a lot of fun. Although, I really dont think I would want to spend the money building a new car unless I could turn the feature off and drive it normally when I want to. If its a feature that can be turned on/off and controlled by the race director easily, it may have room to grow...
I believe it is controlled by the asf programmer which is either USB, handheld or from a Eurus TX....:cool:
3 channel TXs are the UR1 the Helios and the Eurus (ones I know of definitely):D
Pretty soon I will be Boosting my way to the A main......haha

herman
2010.10.07, 09:55 PM
Pretty soon I will be Boosting my way to the A main......haha
hey not so fast... hehehe... :D

actually, my understanding from reading the google translation... if you use the "tiki-tiki'' car... the speed is limited to about 70%.... until you use the turbo boost function...
badum badum... badum badum badum....

so if you use your ''tiki-tiki'' car against regular cars... i guess you'd be ''tik-ied'' out...

it would also be quite cool if the function could be turned off like emu mentioned... that way, you could run with the ''normal'' mr02/03 chassis types...

herman
2010.10.07, 10:03 PM
I think this idea is fantastic. I remember hearing about it for Formula Palmer Audi racing. Not sure if other series did it but I liked the ability to have a limited boost for passing. At my club, I can see this as a very fun way of doing handicapping.

It would be even cooler if the handicapping could be tied into the lap timer. More boost the further behind you are.

based on the post above... i guess that's the idea...

<Handicap classification cases>
● Tiki Tiki hermit Once
● Tiki Tiki Master 3
● No handicap 5 times
● +1 handicap 6
● +2 handicap 7
● +3 handicap 8
● +4 handicap 9
● +5 handicap 10
● +6 handicap 15
● + MAX handicap 250

and depending on the race director... i guess it will be his decision in determining how much handicap to give to drivers throughout the grid...

from the translation, it seems that the default ''factory'' setting is no handicap, from the above, this means you will be able to turbo boost 5 times...

badum badum.... badum badum badum....

leonen
2010.10.08, 11:06 AM
Everything is nice and cool if you race with similar chasis.

Like Herman said, if you go tiki-tiki with normal cars...... no matter how many times you push the button, you will have 30% LESS SPEED!

Now, what would happen with tiki-tikis, with FETs upgrade ??? that 70% will it be the same in all cars? Or fetted PCB's will have a 70% equal to that 100% tiki?

I love the concept, I love the idea. I love that Kyosho is pushing to slow down this cars, to make driving more fun. But who would handle better the third button? Novice drivers that hardly coordinate trigger and wheel or more experienced guys?

Anyway, i think it would be real fun to have a field of Tiki-tikis with that "push-to-pass"-like thing. Slowing down cars do not make the Mini-z racing less fun. Our stock class limits the pinion to 7 tooth with Kyosho Stock motors only, and we have phenomenal races, filled with battles all over.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.08, 11:13 AM
I'd love to go with a foot peddle activation. In the US we'd probably put a big 'ole NOS sticker on it :)

Everything is nice and cool if you race with similar chasis.

Like Herman said, if you go tiki-tiki with normal cars...... no matter how many times you push the button, you will have 30% LESS SPEED!

Now, what would happen with tiki-tikis, with FETs upgrade ??? that 70% will it be the same in all cars? Or fetted PCB's will have a 70% equal to that 100% tiki?

I love the concept, I love the idea. I love that Kyosho is pushing to slow down this cars, to make driving more fun. But who would handle better the third button? Novice drivers that hardly coordinate trigger and wheel or more experienced guys?

Anyway, i think it would be real fun to have a field of Tiki-tikis with that "push-to-pass"-like thing. Slowing down cars do not make the Mini-z racing less fun. Our stock class limits the pinion to 7 tooth with Kyosho Stock motors only, and we have phenomenal races, filled with battles all over.

arch2b
2010.10.08, 12:15 PM
i agree in that i love the concept. however the u.s. market tends to have a go fast or go home attitude thus my concern regarding market appeal here in the u.s.

the ability to turn off the tiki tiki mode would be needed essentially in order for these kits to be sold in good numbers and integrated into existing sponsored series. otherwise your limited to the few whom buy them and willing to race with you which would be akin to racing dnano's. if no off switch, clubs/stores/sponsors would have to mandate the tiki tiki pcb in order for it to be successful.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.08, 12:44 PM
Agreed, you'd have to able to turn it off to run standard 100% settings. I wouldn't want to change PCB's for this format. To me it would be a type of spec class. This would be a participants first car or a long timers additional car.

For our club, we provide the cars so it would be easy to standardize on the chassis. Granted I'd have to try it out first to see how much I like it. In concept, i think it is really neat.

There are times I'd like to see the entire fleet on Kyosho stock only but we enjoy running the HFAY series so we have some PN 70t in use.

i agree in that i love the concept. however the u.s. market tends to have a go fast or go home attitude thus my concern regarding market appeal here in the u.s.

the ability to turn off the tiki tiki mode would be needed essentially in order for these kits to be sold in good numbers and integrated into existing sponsored series. otherwise your limited to the few whom buy them and willing to race with you which would be akin to racing dnano's. if no off switch, clubs/stores/sponsors would have to mandate the tiki tiki pcb in order for it to be successful.

herman
2010.10.10, 10:50 PM
Slowing down cars do not make the Mini-z racing less fun. Our stock class limits the pinion to 7 tooth with Kyosho Stock motors only, and we have phenomenal races, filled with battles all over.

totally agree... would just love seeing a ''stock'' class like this... where "skill" is the name of the game... it keeps costs down... the cars are less susceptible to breaking parts due to the slower speed limit...

i also really do hope that you could switch the tiki mode on and off... so that you could participate alongside with the other chassis...

if not... it may only cater to a niche market...

it would be fun to actually see a race in ''tiki-tiki'' mode...

herman
2010.10.10, 10:52 PM
wondering who ever came up with the term ''tiki-tiki'' at kyosho???
anybody know what it exactly means? lol...

kyoshosan
2010.10.11, 05:12 PM
I'm not sure if you guys saw this already, but here it goes anyway:

http://kyoshosan.blogspot.com/2010/10/kyosho-mr-03-tiki-tiki-videos.html

By the way, does anyone knows any store getting pre-orders for the red one yet ?

arch2b
2010.10.11, 05:43 PM
thanks for the link

check out the yellow asc to the far back left in video #2. anyone know what that one is?

anyone know if they describe if the tiki tiki mode can be turned off?

EMU
2010.10.11, 06:30 PM
Hard to tell Arch, but it could be a GTR with a different paint scheme...

herman
2010.10.11, 09:47 PM
you mean this?
http://www.kyosho.de/shop_image/product/bacb10c2a75c04097f69cbd33986472e.jpg

herman
2010.10.11, 09:59 PM
thanks very mucho for the link to the vids kyoshosan...

pic above was from kyosho.de wondering what's with that site that gets all the info even before kyosho.co.jp???

that yellowhat is somthing i really like... :D

herman
2010.10.11, 10:00 PM
another view...

http://www.kyosho.de/shop_image/product/2beb82b43ff698b922fd755d681c5fa0.jpg

arch2b
2010.10.11, 10:03 PM
thanks for the pics,i knew i had not seen that one before. lets keep the asc talk to the 2010 thread. :p

herman
2010.10.12, 02:22 AM
thanks for the pics,i knew i had not seen that one before. lets keep the asc talk to the 2010 thread. :p

check out the yellow asc to the far back left in video #2. anyone know what that one is?

no worries... just answering your inquiry... ;)
reposted in proper thread... :o

herman
2010.10.17, 11:08 PM
enjoy... :D
click here to see youtube video at the 50th all japan hobby show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lItFUi1tc4Q)

Pierro
2010.10.18, 03:55 AM
Nice video Herman!

I now understand that the red LED unit that we can see on some chassis is only a kind of "state" indicator. Flashing when in overtake mode and solid when normal.

I'm also curious to see if these boards can be used at 100% all the time as a normal one or if their normal mode is 70%. Not sure what to understand about that from the pics and video...

arch2b
2010.10.18, 08:52 AM
toward the middle of the video they are explaining the radio it seems and pointing to the 3ch button which is either said or printed elsewhere that the boost can be turned on or off. it's difficult to understand to say the least but there is apparently something your able to do, we just have not had any accurate translation of the features and operations of the tiki tiki mode. we may just have to wait a month or so till it gets here and kyo usa starts their advertising. perhaps someone can post questions in the kyo vendor forum regarding the tiki tiki mode?

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.18, 10:23 AM

I'm pretty sure Tiki Tiki mode can be disabled for others that are asking in this thread. Also, adopting the format will probably be easy as Kyosho may be making tiki tiki mode standard on all future mini-z platforms.

arch2b
2010.10.18, 01:20 PM
i'm pretty sure it's been said as well but we are looking for concrete confirmation on the features. otherwise, it's just be a rehash of what everyone else has been saying based on bad translations and or scattered information from various blogs, video's, etc.

they may not make tiki tiki standard. there is just as much probability that they will as they won't at this point as we don't have anything confirmed. they made a gyro which is not at all common place nor standard.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.18, 01:39 PM
i'm pretty sure it's been said as well but we are looking for concrete confirmation on the features. otherwise, it's just be a rehash of what everyone else has been saying based on bad translations and or scattered information from various blogs, video's, etc.

they may not make tiki tiki standard. there is just as much probability that they will as they won't at this point as we don't have anything confirmed. they made a gyro which is not at all common place nor standard.

It is disabled by default (normal 100% throttle) and enabled via a USB connection
The Gyro and ICS connector will remain and will not be lost to this Chase Mode Feature

EMU
2010.10.18, 01:43 PM
I wonder if they can add drag brake while they are at it :rolleyes:

arch2b
2010.10.18, 01:49 PM

thank you for the facts :p i think that alleviates much of the concern.

here is a leaflet they had at the jpn show (http://www.kyoshoeurope.com/images/stories/images_kyosho/news/KyoshoTokyohobbyshow.pdf)

is there an official list of compatible transmitters?

herman
2010.10.18, 11:01 PM
thanks for the info...
and thanks for the leafelet...
now if we can have somebody translate it for more info... :D

Sinister_Y
2010.10.19, 09:26 AM
See attached pic. Part number is MZ410

URL:

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/event/presently/plastic_radio/car.html

herman
2010.10.22, 06:03 AM
more info.... got this reply from the guy who posted the you tube video...

"yes you can disable tikitiki mode to enjoy 100% power anytime.
tikitiki mode is only enable if you push pairing button 3 sec continuousely."

great news... :D

Bodom
2010.12.01, 10:01 AM
There is also a "Scramble Flasher"
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/rc/parts_images/mzw422.gif

No.MZW422

LED indicator for Chase Mode. Flashes when overtaking. Stays on when overtake count is left and goes off when overtake count is used up.

And of course the receiver unit:
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/rc/parts_images/mz410.gif
R/C UnitSet(2.4GHz/RA-22B)w/Chase Mode

No.MZ410

RA-22B RX ESC unit with Chase Mode. Compatible with ISC, gyro and Scramble Flasher.