PDA

View Full Version : Would this be effective?

wrcsti
2010.10.01, 02:37 PM
I plan on eventually getting an F1 and have been planing on what performance updates to get. I plan on it being a street basher and on never seeing another f1 in action so im looking for overall fun speed.

I was thinking either liion/lipo or 6 cells. Both give similar performance but i dont trust lipos without a cut off. I found a ok one i could rig up and place somewhere. Would the stock board handle this extra power? I ran an xmods on liion and it ran fine on stock fets. Never had any problems and eventually i upgraded them and handwound a hot motor, maybe too hot since it melted the plastic holding it :eek:

Im not sure on getting a different motor as with this speed increase i see no reason to upgrade a motor.

Action B
2010.10.01, 04:59 PM
Wow F1s are pretty fragile. I would not use one as a "street basher"

Heck, I wouldn't recommend driving them outside, that goes for any Mini-Z.

Also, two more questions

1. Where would you put the two extra cells?
2. Are you serious?

wrcsti
2010.10.01, 08:49 PM
Wow F1s are pretty fragile. I would not use one as a "street basher"

Heck, I wouldn't recommend driving them outside, that goes for any Mini-Z.

Also, two more questions

1. Where would you put the two extra cells?
2. Are you serious?

Yes i am serious. I dont have one so i can not think of where to place the extra cells but i know of a site where i can get some really cheap AAA liions. Fab up a micro deans plug and i already have a lipo charger for my planes.
Also the streets here are glass smooth. I doubt it would break except for the wings, which i plan on replacing with the mantis ones anyways.

Also the LHS just bought some extra place and are building an indoor track there. Since i cant run my nitro there and they sell mini zs at the lhs im sure they will let me run it there.