PDA

View Full Version : Allen Key Help!!

Blf
2010.10.06, 10:04 PM
Hi all - have a couple of decked out MR-02's one with the ATM Ball Diff and the other has the Kyosho Ball Diff.

What are the allen key sizes? The larger of the two is 1.5mm? and the TINY one to adjust slippage is ?????

I'm looking to get a set of hex drivers, but want to know I'm getting the right ones for the diffs especially

Thanks for any help in advance

Treadmule
2010.10.06, 11:02 PM
I use a Torx T6 driver for the set-screw in the hub on the end of the axle. The T6 is also good for those hex-head titanium screws you can get for the chassis. The adjuster nut just needs something like a paperclip that fits in the hole - it's not a hex fitting, just a round hole.

Blf
2010.10.07, 04:30 AM
I use a Torx T6 driver for the set-screw in the hub on the end of the axle. The T6 is also good for those hex-head titanium screws you can get for the chassis. The adjuster nut just needs something like a paperclip that fits in the hole - it's not a hex fitting, just a round hole.

Thanks!! Can I use a 1.5mm hex driver? for the set screw on the hub?

Treadmule
2010.10.07, 01:27 PM
Thanks!! Can I use a 1.5mm hex driver? for the set screw on the hub?

According to this web page (http://www.wihatools.com/300seri/363serie.htm), a Torx T6 driver is 2.5mm in diameter. So, 1.5mm would be too small.

vash
2010.10.12, 01:51 PM
If you are talking about the hub on the left rear, not sure about the Atomic but I use a 1.5 on my kyosho and pn diff. Both have the set screw they came with and haven't stripped so far. For slip, like treadMule said, anything that fits. If there is a hobby shop or hardware store in your area, take the diff in and should be able to find out for you. hth

EMU
2010.10.12, 05:25 PM
I usually use my thumb nail to hold the tension adjustment nut, and turn the rear left wheel to adjust. If that doesnt work, you can always use a needle nose plier...

Treadmule
2010.10.13, 12:21 AM
Oh no, I screwed up!
Ignore what I said about the 2.5mm diameter bit and the page I referred to. I realize now that that page is not a conversion table, so the info I passed along is just plain wrong. :o

Sounds like 1.5mm is the correct size for the Allen key.
Sorry for my error.