PDA

View Full Version : New 1/28 scale chassis unveiled at iHobby 2010!

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.22, 01:04 AM
This isn't from Kyosho. This is from Sun Star, makers of some nice die cast cars.

There was a bit of a communications gap so I'm not 100% sure on all of this.

Target is 1/10 scale owners who want to supply their own electronics (RTR was using the same 2.4ghz set Hobbyking sells for surface use)
4wd chassis
larger motor then the 130 size
RTR will include LiFe power and charger (not so sure here. Some type of lithium battery but not sure if LiFe or Li-ion.)
includes Ball Bearings
Uses their own body mount and bodies are lexan. Mounts are not compatible with Mini-z
Doesn't have a name yet and they are looking for suggestions.

First impressions.

1. Larger motor and lithium power. It's pretty darn fast
2. AWD makes it manageable. Much better turn in than the MA-010 Kyosho AWD.
3. Test drive on a very bumpy track and it did pretty well.
4. Looking forward to testing of fleet at these at the www.chiminirc.com club for durability and performance.

I've got some videos up now. Getting some pics up. Only had my phone so pics and video are ugly. Tomorrow I hope to get better pics and vids.
http://bit.ly/dj4nZq

http://files.chiminirc.com/system_preview_detail_200000090-d39cfd497b-public/IMG00045-20101021-1030.jpg

color01
2010.10.22, 02:23 AM
Looks decent actually. Can you confirm if the wheels are the same as MA-010 wheels?

Also if you have any larger pictures of the car components I'm sure we can ID some of them (servo, motor, etc.). Keep us posted!

EMU
2010.10.22, 02:57 AM
Any idea of when these will be available? I really want to get my hands on one and see what it can do.

It might run well with a 3.7v pack and a high RPM 130 motor... Could be comparable to a 4xAAA mini-z AWD with comparable motor...

Double wishbone front and rear looks good :)

herman
2010.10.22, 03:06 AM
thanks for the info...
how is the scale against the mini-z... i.e. wheelbase, trackwidth...
will you be able to put an autoscale on it?

EMU
2010.10.22, 03:16 AM
If its close in size, you should be able to put an ASC on it by the looks of it. You may have to make your own mounting though.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.22, 07:03 AM
If its close in size, you should be able to put an ASC on it by the looks of it. You may have to make your own mounting though.

I'm going to take a close look today. An autoscale would fit but bodymounts would be an issue. They went with a different method. I'll try to get that in pics today.

I'll have better pics too :) Hopefully a hi-def movie too.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.22, 07:05 AM
So questions I need to ask ;)

1. Availability
2. Are the wheels ma-010 compatible
3. put a mini-z autoscale on it

arch2b
2010.10.22, 09:23 AM
very interesting news and look forward to your reporting.

Draconious
2010.10.22, 09:47 AM
It looks like the same concept/design as my MiX chassis only upside down........... which kind of ticks me off, because I just got the funds to build the prototype for my MiX. Oh well I guess I will see how the sales, durrability, etc fare on this thing, save me a few testing stages... lol.

Hopefully they did not do it exactly how I did it, and my few "experimental" parts to save space will still make mine worth producing.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.22, 10:15 AM
It looks like the same concept/design as my MiX chassis only upside down........... which kind of ticks me off, because I just got the funds to build the prototype for my MiX. Oh well I guess I will see how the sales, durrability, etc fare on this thing, save me a few testing stages... lol.

Hopefully they did not do it exactly how I did it, and my few "experimental" parts to save space will still make mine worth producing.

You can PM any details you are looking for. I'll try to get as many detailed pics as possible.

Draconious
2010.10.22, 10:23 AM
I am curious how, or even IF, it can change wheel base lengths?

Due to its design, one part makes it look like it does it the same way the MiX does... yet the other part of the chassis makes that seem like it would be impossible... so it leaves me wondering.

I hope it is another GOOD 1:28 scale RC car to promote the hobby, but I also hope it is not TOO good, that it makes my chassis pointless to produce. ;)

Cherub1m
2010.10.22, 12:53 PM

1. Availability

The chassis looks great guys, I have a few questions:

I would also like to see the car run on a RCP track if you have it available. On that video I thought I saw the car go on two wheels:eek: and that's on carpet :D, RCP has more traction.

Also we're you guys using rubber tires or foam tires during that run (looks like rubber)

I know it comes with a larger motor but can you run the 130 size motor if you want to?

can does it have enough space to run 4 rechargeable AAA?

Keep up the good work.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.22, 01:14 PM
I am curious how, or even IF, it can change wheel base lengths?

Due to its design, one part makes it look like it does it the same way the MiX does... yet the other part of the chassis makes that seem like it would be impossible... so it leaves me wondering.

I hope it is another GOOD 1:28 scale RC car to promote the hobby, but I also hope it is not TOO good, that it makes my chassis pointless to produce. ;)

The plan is to allow wheelbase changes but it is done by replacing the chassis plate. So I don't think the plan is to be quick, but different chassis lenghts and center drive shafts (since it is AWD) will be available.

ub0211042
2010.10.22, 01:35 PM

1. Availability

add this to the list...any current AWD parts usable on it :)

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.22, 01:49 PM
The chassis looks great guys, I have a few questions:

I would also like to see the car run on a RCP track if you have it available. On that video I thought I saw the car go on two wheels:eek: and that's on carpet :D, RCP has more traction.

Also we're you guys using rubber tires or foam tires during that run (looks like rubber)

I know it comes with a larger motor but can you run the 130 size motor if you want to?

can does it have enough space to run 4 rechargeable AAA?

Keep up the good work.

1, no RCP at the show (besides losi which has a difference surface)
2. Rubber tires but the wheels looks like it could use a wider rear wheelbase.
3. It sure looks like a 130 size motor will fit. I'll have pics up soon that show them next to each other. I'm hopnig to take it apart to see if a standard mini-z after market motor has the same mounting pattern.
4. 4 rechargable AAA doesn't look too good. Unless they have a chassis made for it. Also 4 AAA may require a soldered pack vs the snap in batteries we Mini-z folks are use to.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.22, 01:57 PM
I added some more pics. This time much higher quality.

danieluki
2010.10.22, 02:35 PM
AWESOME....:eek:
thats what everybody was waiting for....
I dont know why KYOSHO dont want to develope more the AWD.

More info please , very insterested.

Draconious
2010.10.22, 04:04 PM
Only one chassis length? Ok, that means my ultra adjustable design is still worth investing in... and the part that looks like the MiX Design is not actually that.

It also looks a bit on the WIDE side... like the Clear Mini-X was...

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.22, 04:37 PM
Only one chassis length? Ok, that means my ultra adjustable design is still worth investing in... and the part that looks like the MiX Design is not actually that.

It also looks a bit on the WIDE side... like the Clear Mini-X was...

I tested an mr-015 nissan 350z body. It's in or will be in one of the pics. The body was too narrow. Clearly it'll need to be an mr-02 width body.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.22, 04:38 PM
AWESOME....:eek:
thats what everybody was waiting for....
I dont know why KYOSHO dont want to develope more the AWD.

More info please , very insterested.

I'll get what I can. Just line up the questions. Tonight I'm puttin up hi def video of the entire chassis.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.22, 05:27 PM
Sorry, I never published the last set of pics.

Page 2 of the gallery starts the new set with my nice camera.
http://bit.ly/90ixqb

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.23, 07:39 AM
Here is a "walk around" video in hi-def

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLaPY3KEVwA

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.23, 09:33 PM
Anyone in the Chicagoland area care to test drive one of these? The vendor was kind enough to lend us a sample to try out in our races. First thing I'll be doing is attempting to mount a standard PN 70t and see what I can put down on an HFAY layout.

color01
2010.10.23, 10:36 PM
I'm not but I'd LOVE to test drive. :D

The car looks interesting, like they copied the architecture right off the Xray M18 and changed some bits here and there due to space constraints.

The motor doesn't look a whole lot bigger than the 130, does it have the same bolt pattern? It's probably a 180, which means a 130 like the PN 70t will fit and will be more than sufficient to power the car.

Felix2010
2010.10.23, 10:46 PM
Looks solid. WHat kind of diffs does this baby have front/rear?

Also, if the baseplate is swappable for wheelbase changes, I can see slots designed for Nimh 4-cell use, shouldn't be too difficult, right?

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.24, 02:05 PM
Looks solid. WHat kind of diffs does this baby have front/rear?

Also, if the baseplate is swappable for wheelbase changes, I can see slots designed for Nimh 4-cell use, shouldn't be too difficult, right?

I haven't opened it up yet but I can tell in the spare parts bags, they had balls the size that would go in a ball diff. So I'll take one apart to get a pic of the diffs.

Though a different chassis could be made for 4 aaa, that isn't in their plans. I hope to meet with them next week as I think it is important to run this with a typical 4 aaa setup. THey are pushing better performance/speed with the lipos, which is true, but it would absolutly require another class to race it.

danieluki
2010.10.24, 05:05 PM
nice....
looks like very light chassis/body combo...

arch2b
2010.10.24, 05:11 PM
it does look like a miniature xray. i like what we saw in the walk around video.

doug01n
2010.10.24, 08:31 PM
If it's a 180 class motor, I'm sure it'll fit a brushless 2030 motor (like EzRun combo)....

With a 18A Esc and a 5800kv motor, it'll be a top fuel dragster... (I tried this combo in my 1/18 Micro-RS4, and it reaches something like 60km/h).

syafiq
2010.10.25, 08:38 AM
wow that chassis is really great. i like where there put the servo. i didn't know a servo like that exist. with this it will solve the servo problem on mini z. i sure kyosho will not stay quite about this. that chassis will give a threat to MA-010.
i wonder how it feel when drifting with that chassis.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.25, 11:44 AM
This is the video I took showing how the body mounts work for the bodies they will provide.

They also will be selling adapters to use your mini-z bodies. What I'm not clear is the rear end. It looks like they are going to have you add something to back of your autoscale. And from my own fitment, nearly every body has the sideclips hitting the motor. May need to remove the sideclips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trC9hVEQyRM

color01
2010.10.25, 02:10 PM
I like their system, actually. For an AWD, independent suspension car it never made sense to me why you shouldn't mount the body at the front and rear of the chassis as opposed to front and middle. It also looks like the mounts will be easily portable to Mini-Z bodies, they really just glue in under the hood and trunk.

That said, it does not look like the mounts will appreciate a lot of crash damage... they do look a little flimsy considering the types of crashes some of us speedfreaks can get into. :eek: Maybe the Lexan bodies absorb a lot of this impact (where can I get one of those Lexan Evo X's, actually?) but those mounts on an ASC body may not fare so well.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.25, 02:16 PM
I like their system, actually. For an AWD, independent suspension car it never made sense to me why you shouldn't mount the body at the front and rear of the chassis as opposed to front and middle. It also looks like the mounts will be easily portable to Mini-Z bodies, they really just glue in under the hood and trunk.

That said, it does not look like the mounts will appreciate a lot of crash damage... they do look a little flimsy considering the types of crashes some of us speedfreaks can get into. :eek: Maybe the Lexan bodies absorb a lot of this impact (where can I get one of those Lexan Evo X's, actually?) but those mounts on an ASC body may not fare so well.

The manufacturer is into licensed die cast models so they will be producing their own lexan bodies for the car.

will3kgt
2010.10.26, 12:43 AM
Looks decent actually. Can you confirm if the wheels are the same as MA-010 wheels?

Also if you have any larger pictures of the car components I'm sure we can ID some of them (servo, motor, etc.). Keep us posted!

The wheels are interchangable with MA-010 wheels.

syafiq
2010.10.26, 04:58 AM
This isn't from Kyosho. This is from Sun Star, makers of some nice die cast cars.

There was a bit of a communications gap so I'm not 100% sure on all of this.

Rolling Chassis (+ motor + servo) $80
RTR, with ESC and 2.4ghz combo $149
Target is 1/10 scale owners who want to supply their own electronics (RTR was using the same 2.4ghz set Hobbyking sells for surface use)
4wd chassis
larger motor then the 130 size
RTR will include LiFe power and charger (not so sure here. Some type of lithium battery but not sure if LiFe or Li-ion.)
includes Ball Bearings
Uses their own body mount and bodies are lexan. Mounts are not compatible with Mini-z
Doesn't have a name yet and they are looking for suggestions.

First impressions.

1. Larger motor and lithium power. It's pretty darn fast
2. AWD makes it manageable. Much better turn in than the MA-010 Kyosho AWD.
3. Test drive on a very bumpy track and it did pretty well.
4. Looking forward to testing of fleet at these at the www.chiminirc.com club for durability and performance.

I've got some videos up now. Getting some pics up. Only had my phone so pics and video are ugly. Tomorrow I hope to get better pics and vids.

http://files.chiminirc.com/system_preview_detail_200000090-d39cfd497b-public/IMG00045-20101021-1030.jpg
i just want to continue ub0211042 question.
is there any part from MA-010 that can be use on that chassis?
(can you list down the part)

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.26, 10:49 AM
i just want to continue ub0211042 question.
is there any part from MA-010 that can be use on that chassis?
(can you list down the part)

I'm thinking wheels will be the only part. Maybe the drive shafts but I'll have to take it apart to figure it out.

will3kgt
2010.10.26, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE=will3kgt;396478]Hello friends! Hippo & I were also at the iHobby show in Chi-town and test drove this car on the track they had available.....Here's my take.

1. No BS out of the box.....the best AWD 1/28 scale car I've driven, and Ive raced 1:28 scale for 10 years.

2. The best way to descibe this is look at an XRAY M-18 and scale it down to
1/28 scale.

3. It already has bearings installed!

4. You can adjust the toe in/out.

5. Love the steering servo, and the fact that it comes with Li-Ion batts out
the box.

6. This car is FAAAAST with just the stock motor.

7. I believe they have adaptors to fit ASCs, if not, they're working on it.
I'm sure many of us won't have a problem figuring out a way. The
lexan Mitsubishi Lancer they already have for a body is quite nice.

8. 2.4Ghz & race competitive right out of the box.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.26, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=will3kgt;396478]Hello friends! Hippo & I were also at the iHobby show in Chi-town and test drove this car on the track they had available.....Here's my take.

1. No BS out of the box.....the best AWD 1/28 scale car I've driven, and Ive raced 1:28 scale for 10 years.

2. The best way to descibe this is look at an XRAY M-18 and scale it down to
1/28 scale.

3. It already has bearings installed!

4. You can adjust the toe in/out.

5. Love the steering servo, and the fact that it comes with Li-Ion batts out
the box.

6. This car is FAAAAST with just the stock motor.

7. I believe they have adaptors to fit ASCs, if not, they're working on it.
I'm sure many of us won't have a problem figuring out a way. The
lexan Mitsubishi Lancer they already have for a body is quite nice.

8. 2.4Ghz & race competitive right out of the box.

What's your thoughts on the batteries? I mean, without a snap in spring loaded battery tray like a mini-z, I don't see a point to run AAA anyways as I'd have to wire up a pack. But this thing with Lithium batteries is WAY faster than a mini-z so a seperate class is a must.

will3kgt
2010.10.26, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=will3kgt;396515]

What's your thoughts on the batteries? I mean, without a snap in spring loaded battery tray like a mini-z, I don't see a point to run AAA anyways as I'd have to wire up a pack. But this thing with Lithium batteries is WAY faster than a mini-z so a seperate class is a must.

I've thought about that. If one wanted to use AAA batteries, they could be velcroed in after they are wired. I'm in agreement with you though, why wire up AAAs when this chassie was set up for Lithium Ion batteries. This car is fast and handles just fine right out of the box, and the runtime is great.:D

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.26, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=ChiMiniRc;396518]

I've thought about that. If one wanted to use AAA batteries, they could be velcroed in after they are wired. I'm in agreement with you though, why wire up AAAs when this chassie was set up for Lithium Ion batteries. This car is fast and handles just fine right out of the box, and the runtime is great.:D

Have you had a chance to throw yours down on RCP yet?
I am a little worried that with the lithium batteries, there isn't enough weight down low to prevent the car from rolling.

imxlr8ed
2010.10.26, 04:15 PM
Would be interesting if they hook these chassis to their "platinum collection"... anyone up for racing a 1957 Cadillac around an RCP?

http://www.sunstartoys.com/index.htm

Nice rally collection on there too... might be more towards where they're going with these.

will3kgt
2010.10.26, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=will3kgt;396521]

Have you had a chance to throw yours down on RCP yet?
I am a little worried that with the lithium batteries, there isn't enough weight down low to prevent the car from rolling.

I'll throw some laps down on the RCP on 11/13. As far
as the roll issue, it can be fixed with the setup. Try using
a wider offset for starters. (+1F & +3B). Then, maybe a higher
degree tire up front. If this doesn't work......lead on the light side.
It handled fine in Chicago, so it shouldn't be a problem.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.26, 04:30 PM
Would be interesting if they hook these chassis to their "platinum collection"... anyone up for racing a 1957 Cadillac around an RCP?

http://www.sunstartoys.com/index.htm

Nice rally collection on there too... might be more towards where they're going with these.

Dunno, they pushed their experience in die cast in terms of body availability. Me personally, I told them I wanted more american cars.

Also, at this time they do not plan on using sunstar as the name of the MFG for this product. Name of the MFG and the chassis are still up in the air.

I'd love to call it the RS28

will3kgt
2010.10.26, 05:15 PM
Dunno, they pushed their experience in die cast in terms of body availability. Me personally, I told them I wanted more american cars.

Also, at this time they do not plan on using sunstar as the name of the MFG for this product. Name of the MFG and the chassis are still up in the air.

I'd love to call it the RS28

What does the RS stand for?

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.26, 05:19 PM

Racing Sport / Race Spec. Does it matter? :)

will3kgt
2010.10.26, 11:28 PM
Racing Sport / Race Spec. Does it matter? :)

Not to me. I'm trying to come up with 5 names myself.:D

yamar6
2010.10.27, 11:36 AM
call it xmod lol......... call it RA pro stands for Race Addiction

MantisMMA
2010.10.27, 02:01 PM
impressive!!

danieluki
2010.10.27, 04:50 PM

Porsche originally garnered the term RS.... is indeed Renn Sport, which means Racing Sport. ;)

will3kgt
2010.10.27, 06:22 PM
Here's some video of a test drive I did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC205Iz9bQM

will3kgt
2010.10.27, 06:28 PM
Here two more vids of Hippo & I test driving the new car yet to be named.:cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiqisciwdA8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC205Iz9bQM

Felix2010
2010.10.27, 07:17 PM
When & where will this chassis be available to us consumers? I'm wondering, it looks good, but I would really think the chassis needs to have a 4xNimH AAA cell chassis plate to get some serious attention from the Mini-Z racing community. If this thing is as good as you say, once hey are widely available (Or at least accessible) they should sell themselves.
Looking forward to more on this chassis. And thanks for all the info/pics/videos already! Keep 'em coming!:)

will3kgt
2010.10.27, 09:27 PM
The final product should be available in April. As far as the
battery, I believe a lot of the Mini-z community will be happy
from the extra voltage they get from the Lithium-Ion batteries
that will come with the car. However, the AAA issue is being addressed.

arch2b
2010.10.27, 10:03 PM
the masses will want aaa useability. racers won't mind using Lithium-Ion however the biggest obstacle is acceptance of these batteries in racing classes.

color01
2010.10.27, 10:43 PM
People abiding by PNWC rules will want AAA usability. However, I'm sure whoever designed this car also realizes that AAA's will throw off the weight balance of the car unless you do something clever with the pack.

I personally wouldn't mind Li-ion but the fact that it's again a different pack of batteries from what normally goes in a Mini-Z may turn off some others.

That servo seems to be either very sensitive or not especially accurate... do you have a make and model on the servo? (Although I understand that it should be easily replaceable with a better one.)

will3kgt
2010.10.27, 10:43 PM
Very true. I addressed this with the developers which
is why I believe they'll look in to it. Perhaps,
they'll make two different versions to fit the power
source of choice. I know which one i'd choose.:D

herman
2010.10.27, 11:57 PM
thanks for sharing the vids... looks kinda promising... :D
would love to see it on a smoother track...

will3kgt
2010.10.28, 12:04 AM
This car will be run on RCP track in about 3weeks
Vids will be posted.

Action B
2010.10.28, 12:19 AM
1 Vote on AAA battery holders.

Just make the electronics so they can handle lipo. People put lipo packs in cars designed for AAA all the time, I have one for my MA-010 even. If it takes AAA and has electronics designed for working at up to 8.2 volts that would be the best situation.

Felix2010
2010.10.28, 03:47 AM
The 1/28th Modified class needs chassis like these. We don't want to discourage inventors by excluding their chassis due to power source (lithium). One of the coolest things about Mini-Z racing (Perhaps some people hate it) is that it is 4.8v 4xAAA NiMH spec. Soldering together 4xAAA battery packs isn't difficult, even if they have to be a funky design.:)

One more thing - Is the chassis Fiberglass or composite, or carbon fiber, i.e. base plate, etc.?

will3kgt
2010.10.28, 07:53 AM
I vote for both. There should be an option
to use both since we'll have a product that
can handle the voltage out of the box. If
these sell the way I think they will, I'm sure
most clubs won't have a problem adding another
class when racing if they already haven't.

arch2b
2010.10.28, 03:25 PM
The 1/28th Modified class needs chassis like these. We don't want to discourage inventors by excluding their chassis due to power source (lithium). One of the coolest things about Mini-Z racing (Perhaps some people hate it) is that it is 4.8v 4xAAA NiMH spec. Soldering together 4xAAA battery packs isn't difficult, even if they have to be a funky design.:)

One more thing - Is the chassis Fiberglass or composite, or carbon fiber, i.e. base plate, etc.?

i'm all for encouraging inventors and experimental development, etc. the facts remain however, no chassis using soldered cells or a pack has proven successful long term, at least in the states, as i know some european communities are more accepting of alternate chassis classes. the MRCG is about as close as it comes here in the states and it's still a baby in comparison to the mini-z platform. if it wants to be more than just a niche product, it must accept aaa cells. 10 years of 1/28 scale racing has proven this to be true.

for the record, i'm hoping this will change.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.28, 03:31 PM
i'm all for encouraging inventors and experimental development, etc. the facts remain however, no chassis using soldered cells or a pack has proven successful long term, at least in the states, as i know some european communities are more accepting of alternate chassis classes. the MRCG is about as close as it comes here in the states and it's still a baby in comparison to the mini-z platform. if it wants to be more than just a niche product, it must accept aaa cells. 10 years of 1/28 scale racing has proven this to be true.

for the record, i'm hoping this will change.

If it did accept AAA cells, would it still be allowed to be raced in the same class as other mini-z cars?

My guess would be no so I'm scratching my head as to why the need to support AAA. As far as my club, yes, AAA would be great as I already have a fleet of 200 batteries.

arch2b
2010.10.28, 03:53 PM
why, because few racing series support cell packs for 1/28. someone please jump in here to clarify but i believe you can run an aftermarket chassis in some series classes. most restrict the type of batteries used. these will not sell in great numbers if restricted to cell packs simply because the average mini-z owner will not have a dedicated charger and or power supply. i have a pro-z v6 and have had an mrcg and both were exciting to play with but were never really utilized because they required me to purchase and carry around various chargers. sounds lame but the average racer just pops nimh cells in and out of an affordable charger. i prefer simple and quick for a number of reasons and i consider myself part of the majority on this one.

broad support will require aaa cells. niche (small) open class support may do fine with out. lets hope this pattern changes though. another example, kyosho released the li-fe cells and charger and these have failed to take off here. our domestic market for 1/28 just doesn't support it at the moment plain and simple. if it did you would see the MRCG, Pro-Z and others at every event but you don't.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.28, 04:34 PM
why, because few racing series support cell packs for 1/28. someone please jump in here to clarify but i believe you can run an aftermarket chassis in some series classes. most restrict the type of batteries used. these will not sell in great numbers if restricted to cell packs simply because the average mini-z owner will not have a dedicated charger and or power supply. i have a pro-z v6 and have had an mrcg and both were exciting to play with but were never really utilized because they required me to purchase and carry around various chargers. sounds lame but the average racer just pops nimh cells in and out of an affordable charger. i prefer simple and quick for a number of reasons and i consider myself part of the majority on this one.

broad support will require aaa cells. niche (small) open class support may do fine with out. lets hope this pattern changes though. another example, kyosho released the li-fe cells and charger and these have failed to take off here. our domestic market for 1/28 just doesn't support it at the moment plain and simple. if it did you would see the MRCG, Pro-Z and others at every event but you don't.

Good insight. And I have to agree with the "pop in/pop out" concept and inexpensive charger. I feel it has to accomidate more than just a place for 4 aaa cells, it needs 4 aaa cell HOLDERS. So you can continue to use loose cells. Wiring up a pack of 4 to me is no different than using the included lithium batteries. Worse really because I need to spend time and buy materials to assemble one.

The only thing that has me hesitate is the Losi Micro SCT and Rally. They could have gone AAA powered but elected to provide a battery pack and inexpensive charger.

will3kgt
2010.10.28, 05:23 PM
I don't disagree with you at all Arch, but at
some point, race clubs will allow for other power sources, that's why Kyosho developed
their LiFe batteries (which work great by the way.) This car comes with a charger for the Li-Ion batteries so that's not an issue. All i'm saying is give this a chance out of the box. If you liked what you seen on the vids just wait until it gets on the RCP and has a nice set up. I too have raced
Mini-zs for 10 years, and Im quite impressed with this product.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.28, 05:28 PM
some point, race clubs will allow for other power sources, that's why Kyosho developed
their LiFe batteries (which work great by the way.) This car comes with a charger for the Li-Ion batteries so that's not an issue. All i'm saying is give this a chance out of the box. If you liked what you seen on the vids just wait until it gets on the RCP and has a nice set up. I too have raced

One of the main reasons I like it is the $150 RTR price point (their goal).
Right now, Kyosho doesn't even sell a RTR anymore. MR-03 requires an expensive transmitter and doesn't include batteries (walmart brand AAA's with charger are $20-$30)

When you figure you get bearings, battery, charger, 2.4ghz controller for $150. I think that would get more people into the scale. Oh yeah, it is AWD too :)

If additional lithium packs are $10 like a set of 4 AAAs, then I think they've got it.

Action B
2010.10.28, 05:30 PM
HFAY series strictly bans lipo but even allows xmods and firelaps because they can be put on a level playing field as far as acceleration with a stock battery configuration MIni-Z.

My guess is that if this chassis wants the same chance to go mainstream it needs to have triple a battery holders standard like an xmod or Mini-Z

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.28, 05:34 PM
HFAY series strictly bans lipo but even allows xmods and firelaps because they can be put on a level playing field as far as acceleration with a stock battery configuration MIni-Z.

HFAY was something I was thinking about. For the most part, nearly every chassis with 4 AAA and a stock motor is pretty close. But I believe if we wire up this new chassis with 4 AAA batteries, it'll spank the mr-03.

That is why I'm thinking a 4 AAA chassis won't matter because most will still disallow the chassis from running in the classes we are use to.

If 4 AAA doesn't get it into existing classes, might as well go lithium.

Action B
2010.10.28, 06:19 PM
HFAY was something I was thinking about. For the most part, nearly every chassis with 4 AAA and a stock motor is pretty close. But I believe if we wire up this new chassis with 4 AAA batteries, it'll spank the mr-03.

That is why I'm thinking a 4 AAA chassis won't matter because most will still disallow the chassis from running in the classes we are use to.

I strongly doubt that the MR-03 will be spanked easily. I DO respect your opinion but I think your underestimating the 03. Its light, precise, has tons of upgrades and of course has very little drive train loss.

HFAY is stock motor and is on RCP. This really favors RWD due to the plentiful grip and lack of substantial drivetrain loss and weight.

Even if the 03 was slower, I would strongly push to keep the new chassis as part of HFAY.

arch2b
2010.10.28, 06:30 PM
some point, race clubs will allow for other power sources, that's why Kyosho developed their LiFe batteries (which work great by the way.) This car comes with a charger for the Li-Ion batteries so that's not an issue. All i'm saying is give this a chance out of the box. If you liked what you seen on the vids just wait until it gets on the RCP and has a nice set up. I too have raced

i'm more than willing to give it a chance, my point being that despite kyosho's efforts to push alternate battery selections with li-fe, it's still not accepted here in the us outside of niche, small class racing. until that changes, this is where it will be stuck if only this option is available.

i'm all for pushing alternate battery selections for class racing, it's just not proven to be popular enough for anyone to support it. thats just the way it is right now.

arch2b
2010.10.28, 06:35 PM

hfay is pretty accepting of chassis's. all that it requires it seems is that the chassis be of a mass marketed/manufactured type; ie, no limited, small production run aftermarket chassis. we can always petition brian to accept it however it's a bit to early to worry about given this is not even available at this point.

will3kgt
2010.10.28, 06:43 PM
Last time I checked, not every Mini-z owner races in
HFAY, and can use any power source they want. I
believe when a lot of people see the price & what it
comes with, they'll be amazed. Every RC product out
now uses LiPo, Lith-Ion, or LiFe why not a 1:28 scale car
that uses Lith-Ion right out of the box?! It's not like the
other alternative chassies where you have to sodder your own
batteries & rack your brain trying to set them up. This car will
come with everything you'll need to be competitive on any track.

arch2b
2010.10.28, 06:49 PM
you are absolutely right.

the fact that the kit comes with everything you need is a huge plus. this would make cost of ownership less expensive and cumbersome to the average owner.

just don't get to excited about using it sponsored series racing at this point. unfortunately, we just haven't caught up with asia and or europe in that respect at this scale.

will3kgt
2010.10.28, 08:09 PM
i'm more than willing to give it a chance, my point being that despite kyosho's efforts to push alternate battery selections with li-fe, it's still not accepted here in the us outside of niche, small class racing. until that changes, this is where it will be stuck if only this option is available.

i'm all for pushing alternate battery selections for class racing, it's just not proven to be popular enough for anyone to support it. thats just the way it is right now.

That's good enough for me Arch. As long as your open
to an alternative power source. I wouldn't even push this
issue if I hadn't test drove this car myself. It's awesome!

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.28, 11:48 PM
I strongly doubt that the MR-03 will be spanked easily. I DO respect your opinion but I think your underestimating the 03. Its light, precise, has tons of upgrades and of course has very little drive train loss.

HFAY is stock motor and is on RCP. This really favors RWD due to the plentiful grip and lack of substantial drivetrain loss and weight.

Even if the 03 was slower, I would strongly push to keep the new chassis as part of HFAY.

I may have been chumming the waters a bit with that last comment :)

It is a shame we can't get you out here to chitown to test drive it.

benmlee
2010.10.29, 01:25 AM
Right now, this car is completely in a class of its own. 2S lipo and lexan body. No doubt is faster than a mini-z. This is more down the path of 1/10 scale touring car with generic shaped lexan bodies. There was an extensive thread that discussed this about a year or so ago.

Mini-z attracts new racers because you can buy batteries at Walmart, and most people already have chargers. Their bodies are detailed scale bodies that are nice to display in the office.
The use of common NiMh and scale bodies have the unintended benefit of the silly factor. It keeps competition friendly. You can't get too serious about racing a car that use Walmart batteries. Go lipo and lexan soap looking bodies, and fun factor may go away as competition get serious.

The challenge has always been getting performance out of AutoScale bodies and NiMh batteries. MR03 and AWD are extensively optimized chassis especially with the various upgraded parts. If you take away 2 cells to save weight and up the voltage to 8.4V from 4.8V, no doubt it will be faster. It would even be faster if you go brushless with 4s lipo and a wider chassis. Probably 50mph. It just won't have the characteristics of a mini-z that many people like. Don't think you want to open that door.

Having said that, we do have to question what is mini-z now versus 2 years ago. AutoScale bodies price has gone thru the roof. Starting cost for cars is now in the hundreds.
I think Kyosho was trying to do what Audi and VW did in the 80's. They can't compete making economy cars, so they went upscale. You loose customer base, but make up in profit margin. Audi is now a premium brand. With the WTO, Kyosho probably thought they had to compete with the Chinese hobby manufactures.
The only flaw in that logic was that Kyosho was already a monopoly in mini-z. If you go upscale and loose customer base, soon, you won't have the critical mass to make racing meaningful. Look at how Dnano never took off. If we don't get new racers to replace ones that quit, mini-z could go the way of Tamiya Tamtech. Kyosho could have sold a limited version of a body along with low cost version, or RTR with generic transmitter then a full option one, but instead they raised prices across board.

Saw this coming long ago. Now that Kyosho did a harakiri on themselves, another manufacture is taking the place of an affordable car. More choices are always good. Hopefully, we will stay firm with the AutoScale bodies or equivalent and NiMh batteries that can snap on. All else are fair game.

Action B
2010.10.29, 01:47 AM
Strange, I don't feel that Mini-Z in this area is dwindling.

A lexan body can be put on a Mini-Z

So can a 2S lipo pack.

I was more comparing them with AAAs though, however.

Furthermore I don't know any racers that use wal-mart batteries. I'm not doubting the potential of the vehicle, I just am not sure that its going to annhilate the 03 on the track. There are also plenty of competitors in the Mini-Z world, I find the comment suggesting otherwise mildly offensive. The autoscales look great and add another dimension to tuning which is really a cool factor as well.

I learned a long time ago that there is a big difference between power and usable power. Its all about driveability and consistency.

That being said, I'd be one of the first to want to try one so I'm not hating on this car in any way.

imxlr8ed
2010.10.29, 09:41 AM
Walmart... yes, I have been there before events to buy cells. :D

The chassis is basically a smaller version of an M18 and the M18 mimics a few standard 10th scale touring chassis... lots of similar configurations out there. The M18 is pretty much a gold standard in 18th scale racing... I see no reason why it shouldn't be able to translate well into 1/28th.

The battery issue isn't one... unless you try to race it in specific classes. If someone is going to run Li-ions or Lipos in a class where everyone else is running NiMh cells... there will be an obvious advantage but if it is the better way to go, usually all racers will go that faster route eventually anyways and rules will get revised.

We are so used to the MiniZ being the path of least resistance when trying to get around an RCP in the fastest way possible... any new chassis will be viewed like a strange alien from another dimension, and if it actually performs better... well, you'll start seeing more of them I'm sure!

Time will tell... If they are the cheaper, better, more tunable way around the track... it's obvious we'll be welcoming them into the scale eventually.

The motor difference would be the only thing I see going away, unless Phil starts winding his own 180 size motors (not sure why he doesn't, or does he already?...) We fit a 180 motor into an MR01 years ago, and it did fit in that old-school GPM mount, but it was still faster with a mod 130 type. Gasman ran a mod 130 motor in his M18 years back to see what would happen... the car was ballistic for about 3 laps and then came to a very dead stop when the commutator melted/exploded off of the shaft (it wasn't pretty in there!).

I look forward to seeing this new chassis go through it's birth into our 1/28th world as I'm sure we all do... and with the price, I'm sure it will do well.

ChiMiniRc
2010.10.29, 10:44 AM
Right now, this car is completely in a class of its own. 2S lipo and lexan body. No doubt is faster than a mini-z. This is more down the path of 1/10 scale touring car with generic shaped lexan bodies. There was an extensive thread that discussed this about a year or so ago.

Mini-z attracts new racers because you can buy batteries at Walmart, and most people already have chargers. Their bodies are detailed scale bodies that are nice to display in the office.
The use of common NiMh and scale bodies have the unintended benefit of the silly factor. It keeps competition friendly. You can't get too serious about racing a car that use Walmart batteries. Go lipo and lexan soap looking bodies, and fun factor may go away as competition get serious.

The challenge has always been getting performance out of AutoScale bodies and NiMh batteries. MR03 and AWD are extensively optimized chassis especially with the various upgraded parts. If you take away 2 cells to save weight and up the voltage to 8.4V from 4.8V, no doubt it will be faster. It would even be faster if you go brushless with 4s lipo and a wider chassis. Probably 50mph. It just won't have the characteristics of a mini-z that many people like. Don't think you want to open that door.

Having said that, we do have to question what is mini-z now versus 2 years ago. AutoScale bodies price has gone thru the roof. Starting cost for cars is now in the hundreds.
I think Kyosho was trying to do what Audi and VW did in the 80's. They can't compete making economy cars, so they went upscale. You loose customer base, but make up in profit margin. Audi is now a premium brand. With the WTO, Kyosho probably thought they had to compete with the Chinese hobby manufactures.
The only flaw in that logic was that Kyosho was already a monopoly in mini-z. If you go upscale and loose customer base, soon, you won't have the critical mass to make racing meaningful. Look at how Dnano never took off. If we don't get new racers to replace ones that quit, mini-z could go the way of Tamiya Tamtech. Kyosho could have sold a limited version of a body along with low cost version, or RTR with generic transmitter then a full option one, but instead they raised prices across board.

Saw this coming long ago. Now that Kyosho did a harakiri on themselves, another manufacture is taking the place of an affordable car. More choices are always good. Hopefully, we will stay firm with the AutoScale bodies or equivalent and NiMh batteries that can snap on. All else are fair game.

Well said :)
I agree on the lexan. I appreciate the price point it offers but will be mounting ASC bodies to my chassis.

I guess right now the best thing to do is stop speculating and see how one of these handles with a PN 70t and a rigged up 4 cell AAA pack.

will3kgt
2010.10.29, 01:00 PM
Walmart... yes, I have been there before events to buy cells. :D

The chassis is basically a smaller version of an M18 and the M18 mimics a few standard 10th scale touring chassis... lots of similar configurations out there. The M18 is pretty much a gold standard in 18th scale racing... I see no reason why it shouldn't be able to translate well into 1/28th.

The battery issue isn't one... unless you try to race it in specific classes. If someone is going to run Li-ions or Lipos in a class where everyone else is running NiMh cells... there will be an obvious advantage but if it is the better way to go, usually all racers will go that faster route eventually anyways and rules will get revised.

We are so used to the MiniZ being the path of least resistance when trying to get around an RCP in the fastest way possible... any new chassis will be viewed like a strange alien from another dimension, and if it actually performs better... well, you'll start seeing more of them I'm sure!

Time will tell... If they are the cheaper, better, more tunable way around the track... it's obvious we'll be welcoming them into the scale eventually.

The motor difference would be the only thing I see going away, unless Phil starts winding his own 180 size motors (not sure why he doesn't, or does he already?...) We fit a 180 motor into an MR01 years ago, and it did fit in that old-school GPM mount, but it was still faster with a mod 130 type. Gasman ran a mod 130 motor in his M18 years back to see what would happen... the car was ballistic for about 3 laps and then came to a very dead stop when the commutator melted/exploded off of the shaft (it wasn't pretty in there!).

I look forward to seeing this new chassis go through it's birth into our 1/28th world as I'm sure we all do... and with the price, I'm sure it will do well.
Couldn't have posted it better. When you drive this car, see what
it comes with, and take a look at the price...You'll just be amazed!
I know I sound like a smuck on an infomercial, but I'm not getting
paid to promote this car, I'm just the guy lucky enough to have driven
one and I'm very impressed & excited about it. All other 1:28 scale
cars that weren't Mini-zs I could care less (XMODS.....Ha!).

color01
2010.10.29, 06:23 PM
IMO this car makes a good entry-level starter, to see if you like the idea of 1/28 scale racing. It's cheap, 2S lipo is great, the power of a 180 motor is well matched to it, and it's AWD so it will be easier to get running for newer enthusiasts. The modular electronics make it easy to upgrade down the road, but to me at least the RTR elecs don't seem to be competitive with what Kyosho has put out. In essence, this car is the on-road version of the Losi SCT/Rally, and occupies the same niche as the iWavers of old. This is a good thing to me, I am all for a new car that is cheaper to pick up and can provide the same amount of racing excitement, but until someone gets the servo thing sorted out it won't be spanking the MR02 or 03, no matter how much power or traction you have.

That, and the ability to pop AAA's in from anywhere makes the Z's easy to pick up by any adult wanting a cool looking toy (regardless of whether they want to race). The vast majority of Mini-Z's are not sold to race-- they are table decorations, novelty gifts, etc. If the makers of this new car want it to be bought by that larger market (which you do-- cant be profitable in this business otherwise) you MUST have the car support a universal battery cell.

benmlee
2010.10.30, 12:36 AM
Strange, I don't feel that Mini-Z in this area is dwindling.

A lexan body can be put on a Mini-Z

So can a 2S lipo pack.

I was more comparing them with AAAs though, however.

Furthermore I don't know any racers that use wal-mart batteries. I'm not doubting the potential of the vehicle, I just am not sure that its going to annhilate the 03 on the track. There are also plenty of competitors in the Mini-Z world, I find the comment suggesting otherwise mildly offensive. The autoscales look great and add another dimension to tuning which is really a cool factor as well.

I learned a long time ago that there is a big difference between power and usable power. Its all about driveability and consistency.

That being said, I'd be one of the first to want to try one so I'm not hating on this car in any way.

We are in agreement with several points. Just saying it differently. I like new chassis just like you. For me, it is an alternative to Kyosho, which is getting too expensive. I still say Kyosho is the monopoly at this point in this scale if you want to race.

After testing the front and rear PN double A-Arm for the AWD, I say there is a huge potential for this to beat the MR03 only if it use 2s lipo and lexan body against a MR03 with NiMh.
You have the power with 2S lipo. You have the low CG and light weight. Using AWD, and A-arms you can get the power to the ground. I was actually a little surprised with the video. Think it can can go much faster than that. Without the 2s lipo and lexan body, then is a fair game which is faster. It would be interesting to see which one is really faster.

Question is if lexan bodies and lipo are faster, should we change rules. One constant is I would like to see AutoScale bodies stay. Is an very attractive part of mini-z. Lipo battery is probably inevitable at some point. Probably soon, you will be able to get lipo at walmart, and won't find NiMh anymore just like NiCd.

will3kgt
2010.10.30, 02:50 PM
All of us want to still use ASC bodies for sure.
That's the 1st question I asked when I
held this car. They'll make adaptors for
ASC bodies.
As far as the speed, yes it'll go faster for sure,
when I was test driving the car, it was on a
less than ideal surface with a lot of bumps in the
rug. The car was very peppy with it's stock motor
and will be a beast with any mod motor.

danieluki
2010.11.05, 03:32 PM
Any new about the differentials..?

ChiMiniRc
2010.11.05, 03:34 PM
Any new about the differentials..?

Sorry, I haven't opened mine up yet. Will, how about you?

rkk
2011.01.07, 02:03 AM
Was this ever released?

hrdrvr
2011.01.07, 07:44 AM
Did any one run it for the HFAY BTE?

ChiMiniRc
2011.01.07, 08:15 AM
Was this ever released?

During iHobby, they thought around spring summer but nothing official. They wanted to make sure it was fully debugged.

ChiMiniRc
2011.01.07, 08:16 AM
Did any one run it for the HFAY BTE?

Unfortunantly, I was unable to run mine.

danieluki
2011.03.05, 03:55 PM
Any new about the launch date of this wonderful chassis....?:rolleyes:

Starsky5000
2011.05.07, 03:20 PM
I just got the my first Mini Z ever. The MR-03 Chassis Set ASF2.4GHz JSCC CUP Edition and I'm very happy with it.

But I wish Kyosho would make a Dodge Challenger body for the Mini Z!

Kyosho already does a 1/64 diecast of the new Dodge Challenger why not do a Mini Z body of the new Dodge Challenger. I would buy 10 of them.

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=106539

danieluki
2011.07.20, 02:43 PM
I just got the my first Mini Z ever. The MR-03 Chassis Set ASF2.4GHz JSCC CUP Edition and I'm very happy with it.

But I wish Kyosho would make a Dodge Challenger body for the Mini Z!

Kyosho already does a 1/64 diecast of the new Dodge Challenger why not do a Mini Z body of the new Dodge Challenger. I would buy 10 of them.

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=106539
What is this...? I think you missed the post.

So what about this chassis..? any new...?

ChiMiniRc
2011.07.20, 02:52 PM
What is this...? I think you missed the post.

So what about this chassis..? any new...?

I'll reach out again and see if there is any news.

ChiMiniRc
2011.08.08, 12:33 AM
I'll reach out again and see if there is any news.

Sunstar approached me at RCX in Chicago while we were running races. Had all of 5 minutes to discuss details. The car is coming, they feel they have the steering down. 100 samples are produced, working on getting some for the club and other clubs in the U.S. to try out.

syafiq
2011.10.01, 11:46 AM
is the chassis already become official or not? if yes where can i buy it? if not when it going to become official?

ChiMiniRc
2011.10.22, 09:03 PM
I have not been able to make it to iHobby but it looks like they are ready for release.

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/warrior-minis/

color01
2011.10.22, 09:24 PM
Wow, it looks really good! I see hinged shocks at all four corners, did the chassis seriously come to market with wishbone suspension at all wheels? :eek:

Time to stick a Mini-Z servo in there and see how it fares against the MA010!

ChiMiniRc
2011.10.22, 09:46 PM
This is a walk around video I did last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiSrmJWXb94

Cherub1m
2011.10.23, 01:26 PM
Yeah saw this a while ago, I've been waiting for a release date. Looks amazing. Thanks for the update ChiMiniRc

I-Lap
2011.10.23, 11:26 PM
I spoke to them at the show today.

They said it is scheduled for release in January.

cdog4w
2011.10.24, 02:59 AM
So it looks like Will never got the chance to run this on RCP.

Any notable changes since last year's iHobby ChiMiniRc?

danieluki
2011.10.26, 10:17 AM
For January....?! what a great new...!
thanks ;)

I-Lap
2011.10.26, 11:16 AM
As far as I could tell, the car appeared unchanged other than they had pre-painted bodies for it now. If I remember correctly, they only had a clear shell last year.

ChiMiniRc
2011.10.26, 11:57 AM
I didn't make the show this year due to a newborn child. :)

The changes are primarily in the steering. They were not happy with the performance and reliability of the steering and have been working to improve on it. From the pictures Big Squid R/C took, from one of them the steering servo setup looks different.

cdog4w
2011.10.26, 02:30 PM
I didn't make the show this year due to a newborn child. :)

The changes are primarily in the steering. They were not happy with the performance and reliability of the steering and have been working to improve on it. From the pictures Big Squid R/C took, from one of them the steering servo setup looks different.

Congrats!

I can't see a difference between the big squid and your pics from last year:
http://www.bigsquidrc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Warrior-Minis-3.jpg
http://www.chiminirc.com/album/ihobby-2010/#image011-jpg

color01
2011.10.26, 03:32 PM
Height and relative location of the drag links? I don't see any other change...

danieluki
2011.12.19, 05:37 PM
Ok boys the year is ending... there is no new about it..?

Skv012a
2011.12.19, 10:34 PM
If these are gonna be 2.4 with all the bells and whistles and affordable like HPI '32s, I'd be down to get one of these.

ChiMiniRc
2012.01.20, 07:06 PM
I'll check in with them again to see if they are ready soon. Last I spoke with them they were anticipating first quarter of 2012.

danieluki
2012.03.14, 10:37 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStFE20ZlBU9xoJG2B0Z1hgZiACUzJHg ZbAEdhFQK0AAOdRSbBpgg

Project aborted....?

ChiMiniRc
2012.03.14, 10:46 AM
Not at all. I'm holding the final product in my hand now. With any product, the physical unit isn't all that is needed for a successful launch.

I hope to have more to say very very soon but must respect the wishes of those that have entrusted me with the car :).

danieluki
2012.03.16, 04:11 AM
Good to know.... ;)
Thanks

ChiMiniRc
2012.04.11, 02:10 PM
I've received permission to share this test video.

This is testing on RCP track.
I can say, that with only 5-10 minutes of practice, I was running with the fastest laps (and faster) then the MR-02 and MR-03's that were on the track using 70t PN motors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F22soOpG_c

ChiMiniRc
2012.04.11, 03:08 PM
Another thing worth sharing, the axle is a direct fit for the AWD wheels the Kyosho MA-010 and MA-015 chassis use.

ChiMiniRc
2012.04.11, 03:21 PM

They are the same and I successfully used a set of MA-010 wheels on this chassis.

oXYnary
2012.04.11, 03:57 PM
I've received permission to share this test video.

This is testing on RCP track.
I can say, that with only 5-10 minutes of practice, I was running with the fastest laps (and faster) then the MR-02 and MR-03's that were on the track using 70t PN motors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F22soOpG_c

Whats that clicking noise? Sounds like I hear it when you left off more.

ChiMiniRc
2012.04.11, 04:29 PM
Whats that clicking noise? Sounds like I hear it when you left off more.

What you hear is the lexan body. I believe I need to trim it a little higher off the track.

danieluki
2012.04.18, 05:34 PM
Very good.... Thanks for share
I am impatient for having it in my hands....

danieluki
2012.07.05, 08:46 AM
Any new....?

leonabi76
2012.07.08, 11:08 PM
Price point....?

Mattthegenus
2012.07.27, 04:52 PM
Any news? This is a great looking chassis

DMALMAD
2012.09.17, 11:00 PM
Did this ever come to fruition?

ChiMiniRc
2012.09.18, 02:03 PM
Did this ever come to fruition?

I've lost contact with them for a little while. When we spoke around the time of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F22soOpG_c,
The plan was a release in Europe right around now. I'll e-mail and see if there are any updates.

Mattthegenus
2013.02.12, 01:54 PM
Aww it is dead.

ChiMiniRc
2013.02.12, 09:51 PM
Aww it is dead.
I got another sample a month ago. Not dead.

Mattthegenus
2013.02.13, 05:27 PM
Great deal then, you got to prove someone wrong and I got to hear what I wanted.:D

ChiMiniRc
2013.02.13, 05:33 PM
Great deal then, you got to prove someone wrong and I got to hear what I wanted.:D

I hope everyone understands I'm prohibited from sharing pics as the design is evolving. I can say the price point will be way less when you consider it is AWD, ball diffs, 2.4ghz ready to run. Kyosho is at $300 street for the AWD DWS Readyset and still no bearings, ball diff, batteries, or charger.

I believe they are shooting for $150-$200. It all depends on testing and determining what is good value or absolute necessity. Say, a high speed metal gear train servo becomes a requirement. We aren't in the $150 RTR range anymore. :)

Mattthegenus
2013.02.13, 06:08 PM
I understand fully the want to release a solid product, but there is no need to fully upgrade it out of the box, perhaps not as bad as the losi 1/24s but a happy medium between rtr fun, and room for improvement.

ChiMiniRc
2013.02.13, 11:54 PM
I understand fully the want to release a solid product, but there is no need to fully upgrade it out of the box, perhaps not as bad as the losi 1/24s but a happy medium between rtr fun, and room for improvement.

That is part of what is taking time. Right now steering improvements have been the focus but the right balance is needed so that it is good enough but not impacting the margin.

DanDan
2013.02.14, 03:24 PM
perhaps not as bad as the losi 1/24s.

The Losi 1/24 Micro 4wd cars run fabulously. You don't need any chassis upgrades. I tried to break mine (through tough driving, not abuse) and couldn't! The only upgrade I could think of possibly needing would be a 2S or 3S Lipo to make it fast enough for enjoyment in a larger space.

If you're not enjoying yours, PM me with the issues that you are having. It could be something small and simple. Since I was a youngster Team Losi has always put together a very solid RTR package and the Micro 4WD line is no exception.

Felix2010
2013.02.14, 05:00 PM
Still looking forward to this a LOT!:D

ChiMiniRc
2013.10.06, 10:17 PM
I know the delays on this are killing some folks but the product line keeps getting bigger and they are now have the package designed. They've also worked on an offroad platform.

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/killer-body-rc-at-ihobby-2013/

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk193/Greg_Zielinski/Killer-Body-RC-iHobby-2013_00004_zps9db6a27e.jpg (http://s280.photobucket.com/user/Greg_Zielinski/media/Killer-Body-RC-iHobby-2013_00004_zps9db6a27e.jpg.html)
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk193/Greg_Zielinski/Killer-Body-RC-iHobby-2013_00005_zps006e252e.jpg (http://s280.photobucket.com/user/Greg_Zielinski/media/Killer-Body-RC-iHobby-2013_00005_zps006e252e.jpg.html)

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk193/Greg_Zielinski/Killer-Body-RC-iHobby-2013_00006_zpsaf206cd8.jpg (http://s280.photobucket.com/user/Greg_Zielinski/media/Killer-Body-RC-iHobby-2013_00006_zpsaf206cd8.jpg.html)

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk193/Greg_Zielinski/Killer-Body-RC-iHobby-2013_00009_zps7a1a1df5.jpg (http://s280.photobucket.com/user/Greg_Zielinski/media/Killer-Body-RC-iHobby-2013_00009_zps7a1a1df5.jpg.html)

arch2b
2013.10.06, 10:32 PM
It's all looking very good! 2014 looks to be a very interesting year for 1:24-8

Mattthegenus
2013.10.07, 01:02 AM
sweet it isn't dead! I have a novak spy esc, t2 motor and some lipos ready to test the diffs.:D

herman
2013.10.07, 01:17 AM
hmm... interesting looking advan body (to the right of the box in the first pic)... wonder what platform is it for... :D

xmodcanuck
2013.10.07, 06:32 AM
It appears to be an Evolution X for the Warrior28 chassis.

Here's a link to the product list.

http://www.minipara.net/product/product_selfsort_Warrior.aspx?Self_sortID=36

Camaro, Corvette, and Evolution in several colours. Looks like they are lexan bodies from the way they seem to be mounted. Should be an interesting product.

ChiMiniRc
2014.01.23, 12:59 PM
Update

First impressions article on Big Squid - http://www.bigsquidrc.com/killerbody-warrior-128-scale-4wd-first-look/ (http://www.bigsquidrc.com/killerbody-warrior-128-scale-4wd-first-look/)

EMU
2014.01.24, 02:01 AM
Any idea about when this will be released, and what the cost will be?