PDA

View Full Version : need help with buying mini z parts

ultratech24
2010.10.24, 08:28 AM
hi everyone im nick im new to the mini z scene and im looking to order some parts i have an 02 rm chassis i have already got tires but im looking for the following

i need help choosing the most effective parts to order so if some people are willing to help please list good setups thanks i really appreciate it

Action B
2010.10.24, 11:49 AM
Welcome to the forum. It would be helpful for people to know what kind of chassis you own. Also take some time to browse the forum there is a ton of information!

bermbuster
2010.10.24, 02:26 PM
hi everyone im nick im new to the mini z scene and im looking to order some parts i have an 02 rm chassis i have already got tires but im looking for the following

i need help choosing the most effective parts to order so if some people are willing to help please list good setups thanks i really appreciate it

Hey Nick
welcome to the insanity....:cool:
First off what type of surface are you running on? Are you racing? or just having fun? What class are you looking to set your mr-02 up for? stock,modified, etc.....
What is real important is what body and wb do you want to run?

You can go go from mild to wild with hop ups and everywhere in between.
I strongly suggest you try one hop up at a time so you can see the cause and effect of each hop up. If you do too much at one time you may get a z that is undrivable.....
most of all.....HAVE FUN with it...

ultratech24
2010.10.25, 06:57 AM
Im looking yo do stock class and im racing in an rcp track my car is a rear mount motor ahould i convert to mid mount?

EMU
2010.10.25, 11:58 AM
I would definitely recommend converting to a 94mm mid mount setup. There are many good mounts currently on the market for 94mm MM. Reflex Racing will be releasing their 94mm mount soon, which will have a very versatile design.

ultratech24
2010.10.25, 12:13 PM
Who makes kits to convert rm to mm?

EMU
2010.10.25, 12:19 PM
There are currently mounts available from Atomic and PN Racing. Where are you located? It would help us recommend one that is available in your region.

ultratech24
2010.10.25, 12:29 PM
I am located in nc also what other mods would really help,thanks guya i really appreciate all the help!

mleemor60
2010.10.25, 01:04 PM
Where in NC? There is a fully stocked shop in China Grove where we race every Thursday and don't forget our host here. Shop TinyRC.com. Just click at the top of the page.

If you are in Eastern NC there is a very active group in Myrtle Beach that carries parts as well.

The PN World Championship is being held there this coming weekend.

ultratech24
2010.10.25, 01:09 PM
That's where im from is c grive i've practiced 2 times there

mleemor60
2010.10.25, 02:16 PM
Well then. Stop by on Thursday evening and any or all of us will be glad to help you out. I will most likely be there tomorrow afternoon from 1:00 til 3:00 or so if you can stop by. It is always good to put a face and real name to a screen name.

ultratech24
2010.10.25, 02:19 PM
Il be up there around 6 tomorow buddy i've met a few people but not ti many

mleemor60
2010.10.25, 02:23 PM
The shop has all you need.

ultratech24
2010.10.25, 02:31 PM
Ya man i know!

EMU
2010.10.25, 04:12 PM
Definitely support your local track/shop. I try to as much as I can. And if there is a part that you need, and the local track doesnt have it... ask to see if they can order it for you. I get almost all of my equipment that I dont get from my sponsors from the local track, even some equipment that I can get through my sponsors I still get from the local track if I cant wait.

With that said, HSH has a well stocked shop, with a lot of stuff that you can no longer find elsewhere. Just because the equipment may be older, does not necessarily mean that it is not good. Ask the guys at the track their opinions, and see if you can try out their cars to get a feel for what a fully hopped up car feels like... there are different approaches to setup in general, and you may want to try to figure out how you want your car setup. In general, make the car easy to drive first, and find speed after.

I dont know what your budget is, but bearings, tires, t-plates (MM length for 94mm MM), Damper system, kingpins and a ball diff are all that you really need to start with. Then you can upgrade the knuckles for cambered ones, and get optional springs, and upgrade the internals of the differential... to prevent throwing money at it as a guessing game, consult with the fast guys at the track. That will help you go in the right direction.

Hope this helps.

arch2b
2010.10.27, 09:38 PM
in the event you do not have a lhs, please consider the shop here :) afterall, the shop here supports all the websites and forums such as those in the links to the bottom right. no shop, no free forum, or at least a less feature rich forum.

there are plenty of very helpful and experienced members here on mini-zracer that are always willing to provide whatever assistance they can :)