PDA

View Full Version : Low grip RCP track reason!

PNracing
2010.11.03, 06:42 PM
Finally we find the one of the reason why the RCP track low grip, the answer is if you have run silicon tire in RCP track, the silicon material will stick on the RCP track make it less grip, that's why Kenon home track, Chad home track and some track they never run silicon tire in RCP track, so we a ton of grip in this year regional lay out as 7.2 at Mod, 7.7 at stock.

EMU
2010.11.03, 07:05 PM
Many manufacturers do not list the silicone content in their tires, so it is hard for us to determine what tires have silicone and what do not. I primarily use Kyosho tires... although, I think that even they have silicone.

Is there a way to test the silicone content in a tire?

PNracing
2010.11.03, 07:27 PM
Many manufacturers do not list the silicone content in their tires, so it is hard for us to determine what tires have silicone and what do not. I primarily use Kyosho tires... although, I think that even they have silicone.

Is there a way to test the silicone content in a tire?

All PN Carpet Tire is silicon tire, all PN RCP tire is rubber tire, Kyosho all tire is rubber tire, except they release 10 degree before is silicon tire, other brand I'm not sure.

EMU
2010.11.03, 08:32 PM
I had heard that the Kyosho MT tire were silicone...

From what I understand, most ATM tires have silicone (higher number have less silicone), but the new 8d rears do not.

herman
2010.11.03, 10:33 PM
interesting discovery... :D
why do they put silicone in tires in the first place?

EMU
2010.11.03, 11:14 PM
interesting discovery... :D
why do they put silicone in tires in the first place?Silicone grips better on carpet... and could be cheaper:confused:

herman
2010.11.04, 03:07 AM
ah... is there a way to "wash" out the silicone off the rcp track?

color01
2010.11.04, 04:50 AM
Not without chemicals, probably... the silicone is somewhat oily, so you'd probably have to chemically treat the track to get it out, which would probably completely kill the RCP surface. You could always scrub off the top and have everything resurfaced, but that's not exactly easy or cheap either.

That said, even with the grip advantage at Kenon, Chad's 7.7 in 70t stock was just ridiculous. Sure that's not a 69t motor, dude? :D

herman
2010.11.04, 06:30 AM
being oily, would good ole fashioned soap and warm water do the trick?

Action B
2010.11.04, 08:32 AM
being oily, would good ole fashioned soap and warm water do the trick?

A little dish detergent gets oil spots out of my clothes. Seems like it might work.