PDA

View Full Version : hfay season 10 race 9/10/time trials

hpgod
2010.11.05, 06:12 AM
Saterday Nov. 27
This will be HFAY season 10 races 9/10. Time 1:30 start. practice open at 11:30 AM LETS RUN 1-2 qualifers and a main in each direction. 1 hour practice break between directions.

This is a time trial track so running time trials is an option and I will submit times if desired.

3770 silver springs road cumming ga 30041
James Creek subdivision turn Right onto Crowchild. which is away from the Ashton woods model home off melody mizer lane. ~ 1 mile south of HWY 20 off windimere parkway.

class
HFAY racer class Kyosho MR02/03 with 70turn motors PN/HFAY both OK.
price $free

The Lap timer is I lap with giro Z connectors with rc scoring pro trial version keeping the score. 8 minute Qualifiers with 8 minute mains w stagger starts.
Open practice will be timed for tuning.
I will provide the velcro and giroz plug for the transponders.

Time trials are 50 lap runs timed ~4 minutes solo on the track.

russp
2010.11.08, 06:54 PM
I should be there. I have a new motor installed now but I need to work on the suspension a bit.

hyper-me
2010.11.08, 08:31 PM
Who's the hfay judge and when does the next season start?

hpgod
2010.11.09, 07:08 AM
I am the HFAY judge for Atlanta miniz.
This month is the last race of season 10. You are more then welcome to join us for theis race we have missed a few races in the this season so its only for fun just to see how we stack up against the other clubs.

Next month is the BTE.
Season 11 will start in January. 1 layout per month.

Art

russp
2010.11.09, 11:55 AM
From Cliff at AtlantaHobbies latest email:

"It's November (a birthday month for my family) and I have started to think about indoor activities for the kids in our area. With this in mind we have just completed our first indoor track for 1/24th scale and smaller. If all goes well we are using this for a model for a very large future project ;-)"

http://www.atlantahobby.com/newsletter/Tracklg.png

Very cool. Maybe there is going to be a resurgence here of some sort. Man, racing of any kind in a RC Plane hobby shop could be very dangerous to my wallet. :)

pinoyboy
2010.11.09, 02:19 PM
That looks pretty sweet. If we can start racing again at a hobby shop and getting some more people, I'd be in to actually race some more

hpgod
2010.11.09, 02:58 PM
Problem with the LOSI SCT right now is it is AM only.

The joys of AM glitches again when running over buries power wires int he foundation.

mleemor60
2010.11.09, 03:00 PM
Art. Put a 2.4 board in it and enjoy.

russp
2010.11.09, 03:50 PM
Yeah but they are cheap and easy to get into as a result. The problem with the 2.4 Kyosho stuff is it's hella expensive. MR-03 pricing is outer limits. With Losi though you do have a hope of a 2.4 coming out that's $150 RTR or less based on what I see them and others doing with 2.4 RTR. My son told me he wants an SCT for Christmas so I might end up with one yet to test, especially if Cliff is going to have something set up.

Scrapper
2010.11.12, 06:28 PM
does anyone here know the hours of atlanta hobby

russp
2010.11.12, 09:18 PM
does anyone here know the hours of atlanta hobby

http://www.atlantahobby.com/store/pc/viewContent.asp?idpage=5

They are hard to find though so you will need directions beyond the map.

Scrapper
2010.11.13, 05:14 AM
im going down to atlanta next week to visit my family but i dont really want to bring miniz stuff so i was gonna bring my micro t and a 3pk so i could work on learning 3pk better but i gotta see if i can just bring that on a plane

bermbuster
2010.11.13, 05:37 AM
im going down to atlanta next week to visit my family but i dont really want to bring miniz stuff so i was gonna bring my micro t and a 3pk so i could work on learning 3pk better but i gotta see if i can just bring that on a plane
You can definitely bring it on a plane. Just remove the batteries.
The TSA will give you no problems.....:D

Scrapper
2010.11.13, 06:05 AM
even on carry on?

pinoyboy
2010.11.18, 01:26 PM
I wanted to go to this one, but I can't, getting my timing belt changed that weekend

hpgod
2010.11.24, 11:04 AM
roll call
Are we running F1. I have got mine back up and running. I will drop a 70t motor in it if yall want to run f1.

pinoyboy
2010.11.26, 09:35 PM
maybe I can go? I'm not getting my car worked on this weekend like I wanted.

russp
2010.12.01, 08:24 AM
Sorry I did not make it out. Here is a post from Cliff from rcgroups on his track:

"We had about 10 racing last Sat and had a bunch in here last night while we were doing Air Show. Te track how has banked curves and we are playing with the jumps.

With 1/24 scale cars the track does not need to be that large to have some fun and it beats standing out in the cold ;-)

I am finding the racing to be quite challenging. "

I might have to drive up one Saturday and check it out. Does not sound like it's friendly to a mini-z (ie: jumps) but I've considered getting one of the new Losi micro trucks as said before and Cliff has them in the shop.

hrdrvr
2010.12.01, 09:10 AM
Who is Cliff? and where is this shop? I visit y'alls area quite often, and all though I havent had time in the most recent trips to come visit y'all again, I like to know where all the RC oppertunities are :D If it is north of y'all, it may be close to where I stay when I get out there. Ive got a LOSI rally, and would love to get it on a prepared track ;)

hpgod
2010.12.02, 06:17 AM
Cliffs is ATLANTA HOBBY. Its been a mail order airplane hobby shop for years. Its ~ 5min from my house ight off GA400 at exit 13. ~20 minutes from Patricks house where you have been before.

Landon
If Daddyrabbit ever sends you to the Northside of Atlanta and want to run bring a car. The track is always up.

hrdrvr
2010.12.02, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the info Art! I am going to look up Atlanta Hobby next time we are up that way.

We get out to Cartersville (about 30 miles up 75 from 285) about four times a year. It seemed like this year it was always because some one was sick, or for a funeral, so there hasn't been much free time. We are coming up the week before Christmas, but have a lot of family stuff to do in a short visit, so I don't know if Ill have RC time then either. I will definitely look you up in the spring when we come up for a leisurely visit :D My wife's dad recently lost his wife, and her Grandfather is in a nursing home permanently now, so we are going to try and visit a lot more in 2011. There should be some time to get with you guys for some racing on one or more visits :D

Where did you move to? Not that I knew where you were before....but maybe I can figure out how far it is, and in what direction from where we stay.

hpgod
2010.12.02, 11:11 AM
3770 silver springs road cumming ga 30041
James Creek subdivision turn Right onto Crowchild. which is away from the Ashton woods model home off melody mizer lane. ~ 1 mile south of HWY 20 off windimere parkway.

Google has updated and it now shows on the map:) The dot is off a few houses. Mine is the house on the left corner with crowchild.

hrdrvr
2010.12.02, 02:13 PM
It shows about an hour and a half on google maps...so a little further than Patrick's house was.

russp
2010.12.08, 08:14 AM
On the air show last week they said they are racing every Saturday at Atlanta Hobby. They did not say what time or anything more other than to invite people out. Art, you may want to wander up there some Saturday and see what's going on.

hpgod
2010.12.14, 06:29 AM
Any interest in running HFAY BTE I am going to set it up run it with the kids for my time.
I will be home the week after christmas and can run it anyday then if yall are interested.Post if you would like to run.

hrdrvr
2010.12.14, 12:23 PM
Gonna be heading out there Friday night, but as stated before, am going to be very busy. Christmas party on Saturday, church on Sunday. Looking to try ans hoot over to ATL hobby,m but wondering which way you guys think I should go.

Mapquest gives me the option to go down 75 to 285, then back up US-19/GA-400. The other option is to go out 20 towards Holly Springs or Canton, and come in on 9, or all the way on 20.

Is one of these ways better than the rest? Do y'all know a better way?

hpgod
2010.12.14, 01:05 PM
75-285-400 is the easiest cruzing 75 the whole way.
20 is ~ the same time but is stop & go though small towns and the turns in cumming are wacky with one way roads.

russp
2010.12.15, 12:07 PM
Yes, Jaren and I need to get out as we passed up the last two. Yeah, some day during that week would be good. I'll try to figure out a suggestion of a day soon.

hyper-me
2010.12.23, 01:50 PM
my mini-z is being shipped to me, I should have it by the end of next week. I want to race with you guys for the next season !!! all I need is to borrow batteries untill I have the cash to order some and a charger.

hyper-me
2010.12.24, 04:18 PM
do we race unlimited modified? the car im getting is totally modified. do you only race one class or do you also race stock ?

hpgod
2010.12.27, 10:38 PM
we ran up to 3 classes at one time. I race 3 classes if I travel sometimes. locally this last year we have only raced stock(pn/HFAY 70T) with AAA batteries and hard plastic bodies. suspension/drive train fetts are all open to tuning.

I run mild modified classes, stock and mod f1.

hyper-me
2010.12.28, 08:22 PM
so basically I have to have a stock 70t motor and I can do anything else I want to the car right ?

hpgod
2010.12.29, 06:24 PM
yes 70t motor and nomajor lightteningof the body. minor adjustemnts for fender/track rubbing, wheelbase adjustment are allowed.

For the big track events June/december I will run modified if you wouldlike also.

hyper-me
2010.12.29, 06:37 PM
according to my tracking number my car will be here friday but I still need to get a stock 70t motor before I can race. I hope I can be ready before the season starts

hpgod
2010.12.30, 06:50 AM
if you dont get a 70t,
I have spares I can loan out:)

russp
2011.01.03, 07:37 PM
Seems like the Mini-z community is dying not just here but everywhere? I have to admit my enthusiasm is largely gone for these. Very sorry about that Art. :( Planes have just taken over.

I sent email to Cliff at Atlanta Hobby the other day offering a possible trade of plane stuff for my track if he needs it. If not it's not hard to keep around for when I want to run as I still enjoy running a few times a year. I wish we could find enough interest for a truly big track event one day this year. I could easily procure our church gym for such an event.

hyper-me
2011.01.03, 07:55 PM
stop !!!!! its not dying !
I just got my mini-z in the mail today and I also made a local friend who also loves mini-s and owns a few of them. we are planning on racing with you guys and also we would be interested in setting up a large race event regularly and the church room sounds great.

hpgod
2011.01.04, 12:21 PM
Russ I understand. I doing the rc cars since 1985 and racing since 1990. I know you am mr02 is on its last legs and your passion for the planes.
If you sell you stuff and ever want to come back you are welcome to drive my loaner cars. Thankyou for opening you house to hold races over the last 5years.

I enjoy rc cars and it is my hobby, My kids love them too and will start racing soon. They just called on the way home from preschool and said go home and play racecar! I enjoy the competition and will continue to hold the races.

We have some new racers (lurking) ready to start racing. Another called yesterday.
I know it is a non public location, but the price is free and I have more room for track(25x15trackroom) then we had when we did race in the hobby shop.
Practice is available most nights.

For those who plan on racing this year
Any preference on which Saterday this month to hold the first season 11 HFAY races Saterday the JAN 22 or 29.

The race 2 in Feb. will be either the 5th or 26th.

The track temp is low right now and I recommend reflex racing 2wd rear tires and pn8 fronts for the next couple months. Come march I will switch back to pn 15 fronts and freely switch rear tires from reflex,kyosho 20 rears/pn6s

hrdrvr
2011.01.04, 12:33 PM
Hey guys, if y'all put together a Saturday "event" I will do my best to be there. If it looks like it is going to have any sort of decent turn out, I could most likely sway some of my buddies to come down too :D

hpgod
2011.01.04, 01:54 PM
I have a fair amount of track, 5 ovals, 1 L and 1 wide turn kit. Not nearly as much and landon or the guys in NC. Mike and DADDY Rabbit have enough to build 1/10 scale tracks.

I would need to charge for ther event to cover some of the cost for additional transponders to handout. Right now I would like just to get some regular club racing goin again. Last season had many no shows on raceday and a few out of town visitors.

I have space for ~ 15 drivers and a HFAY BTE layout in my basement. My lap counter can run 5 cars on the track at a time.

Landon give me a heads up when you start planning your events for this year. I have lots of vacation time and the kids are begging to come back to mytle beach (hopefully this time with the trip to the ER for my wife). My wife makes her schedule up ~2 months a head of time:)

hrdrvr
2011.01.04, 02:11 PM
I don't know that I could bring a crew down for a 10-12 man event, but I would be game for it. It'll just be an excuse to come see some family :D

I think would only be fair if you did charge a small fee. I think any racer would understand :D

Ill try and get my dates up a couple of months in advance this year.

hpgod
2011.01.04, 03:09 PM
My hat is off to you and your crew for pulling off the events you have the last couple years. I have enjoyed them. I know I could not do it as a one man crew.

chad508
2011.01.04, 03:42 PM
if an event is setup i would come down as well. im sure it would help your local racing to see a bigger event ran with new faces, its bound to get some locals pumped up again.

hyper-me
2011.01.06, 10:55 PM
Can werun hfay on the 29th ?

russp
2011.01.08, 10:54 AM
Russ I understand. I doing the rc cars since 1985 and racing since 1990. I know you am mr02 is on its last legs and your passion for the planes.
If you sell you stuff and ever want to come back you are welcome to drive my loaner cars. Thankyou for opening you house to hold races over the last 5years.

I enjoy rc cars and it is my hobby, My kids love them too and will start racing soon. They just called on the way home from preschool and said go home and play racecar! I enjoy the competition and will continue to hold the races.

We have some new racers (lurking) ready to start racing. Another called yesterday.
I know it is a non public location, but the price is free and I have more room for track(25x15trackroom) then we had when we did race in the hobby shop.
Practice is available most nights.

For those who plan on racing this year
Any preference on which Saterday this month to hold the first season 11 HFAY races Saterday the JAN 22 or 29.

The race 2 in Feb. will be either the 5th or 26th.

The track temp is low right now and I recommend reflex racing 2wd rear tires and pn8 fronts for the next couple months. Come march I will switch back to pn 15 fronts and freely switch rear tires from reflex,kyosho 20 rears/pn6s

I'll still show up from time to time even if I do sell the track. I'm thinking about selling the F1 as we don't race those anyways but would keep the MR-02 cars. I'm guessing no-one will be willing to give me much for the track so it's worth keeping until it gets in the way (not likely as long as I live here).

What I really wish is that it was easy to convert a Mini-z to Specktrum as I occasionally come across killer deals on Specktrum land radios. I'd like my 1/10 truck we keep around to be 2.4 Ghz just since it's soo much nicer.

hyper-me
2011.01.10, 07:52 PM
If anyone wants to race the micro sct I have one I will trade.