PDA

View Full Version : rckenon.com new site sucks!

BovineD
2010.11.11, 02:07 PM
I went onto RCkenon website to buy a bunch of new parts for my Zs when I noticed the site changed about a week ago and wow it is really bad now! What happened? The default list view is gone and replaced by a grid view, each car type is now only categorized under PN or kyosho parts so if you need to look for just suspension parts or drivetrain you have to scroll through ALL the parts to get to it. I really do not understand what was wrong with the old design but this is so bad I am not going to buy parts anymore from them until it changes back...

Q t
2010.11.11, 02:50 PM
yeah i dont like it very much either it doesnt save items in your cart anymore and i forgot what i was going to buy but it got deleted so did my password and i cant figure out how to change my password back!

arch2b
2010.11.11, 03:05 PM
their old site was based on VERY old software and due to several security breaches (see the thread in the pn vendor forum) they said they were changing hosts and have also upgraded their software as well.

that being said, i don't like it either (functionality). please see the pn vendor thread on the subject as i brought up the user account issue. basically the response was, your old account is gone. you must register again. ALL your account history, gone. ALL your shipping profiles, gone.

not saving your cart content sucks. i used this feature VERY often.

SAGISI
2010.11.11, 04:34 PM
I also miss the "saved cart" feature from the old site as I used it to keep track of what I can afford next. For the new software I have been just adding the products to my "wish list" and it seems to save it.

I hope they also incorporate the "customers that purchased this item also purchased" feature. That feature on the old site really came in handy as it reminded me on things I forgot to get along with that part.

Im sure Philip is reading this and will make the need adjustments to the new site.

arch2b
2010.11.11, 04:53 PM
it's a big step to move a store from one platform to another so lets also keep that in mind :) i'm sure there are bugs to work out and tweaks to be made.

Traveler
2010.11.11, 06:59 PM
Glad to know its not just me :o

arch2b
2010.11.11, 08:29 PM
new arrive search link added!

yasuji
2010.11.11, 09:22 PM
sub category's are back!:D

PNracing
2010.11.11, 10:03 PM
So sorry to all customers, the old web site is very old version, so we had couple times some one hack in to put the virus, and most admin function is old too, that's why we move to the new web site company, they have more secure server and system, because it is two difference software, so we can't move all old order history to the new web site, if you need that, please email to us, we can email you all your order data.

Today we already work out the sub cat same as before.

If you have any commend, please feel free email us info@rckenon.com

PNracing
2010.11.11, 11:19 PM
I also miss the "saved cart" feature from the old site as I used it to keep track of what I can afford next. For the new software I have been just adding the products to my "wish list" and it seems to save it.

I hope they also incorporate the "customers that purchased this item also purchased" feature. That feature on the old site really came in handy as it reminded me on things I forgot to get along with that part.

Im sure Philip is reading this and will make the need adjustments to the new site.

Ryan

When you login then put items in shopping, don't log out your account, you close the brower or next day add items with same computer, all items still keep in your shopping cart.

briankstan
2010.11.12, 08:19 AM
great response Philip. Reacting to your customers need is great customer service. :)

arch2b
2010.11.12, 08:37 AM
i agree :)