PDA

View Full Version : More grip than Kyosho radials?

babstar
2010.11.22, 01:01 PM
As most RCP riders I use the kyosho Radials (MZW38) 20 shore rear tires. They seem to have the most grip from any other tire I've tried so far. I thought that some of you might no of a tire for RCP that gives even more Rear Grip!?

Thx

SAGISI
2010.11.22, 02:11 PM
Its really hard to say which tire is grippier then others because all RCP tracks have different grip. For example when I race at FPR, PN 6 Radials has the most grip. When I race at ILR, Kyosho 20 slicks has the most grip.

I would recommend giving PN 6 radials a try if you havent done so.

JuniorWKR
2010.11.22, 02:30 PM
believe it or not on most rcp surfaces the pn 8 radials give tons of grip....

the reflex tires offer great feedback too on most tracks also... i like the ones with the 2 grooves on the outside of the tire....

babstar
2010.11.22, 06:47 PM
Thx guys, I haven't tried the tires you mentioned. I have the Reflex ones here so I will try them first and order some PN radials.

geeunit1014
2010.12.12, 11:04 PM
Recently I have found running mod that the Kyosho 20 radials are like ice skates in the rear compared to PN 8 radials. Less tire life on top of that too, the PN radials keep their tread for many runs, the kyosho's wore their tread off in 1 run, plus if you track allows the PN tires are responsive to WD40, so you can keep using them longer than you could with the K tires (K tires dont respond due to them being silicon and not rubber).

EMU
2010.12.12, 11:38 PM
Gee, I think it really depends on the specific track that you are racing on. Some tracks work better with the Kyosho, others with the PN. I personally prefer the feel of the K20R, and like it best when its a slick. The PN tires dont work at all at Action RC. K20R is the only rear tire that is used at that track. At MHS, PN or K20R work pretty well (although PN may work better). My test track, PN dont work (similar grip to Action). I have been using the K20R as my rear tires for some time now almost exclusively. They always work, even if they are not the best option.

geeunit1014
2010.12.13, 03:15 AM
Gee, I think it really depends on the specific track that you are racing on. Some tracks work better with the Kyosho, others with the PN. I personally prefer the feel of the K20R, and like it best when its a slick. The PN tires dont work at all at Action RC. K20R is the only rear tire that is used at that track. At MHS, PN or K20R work pretty well (although PN may work better). My test track, PN dont work (similar grip to Action). I have been using the K20R as my rear tires for some time now almost exclusively. They always work, even if they are not the best option.

At MHS for the GSS, for me the K20's were okay, but the PN 8's were better, and this past weekend back at Gary's (My test track, different feel than MHS, the same setup from MHS would dig in harder in the front, but break away easier in the rear), the K20's were all but undriveable compared to the PN 8's. You could see the car sliding through every corner on the 20's :eek: I liked the K20's for stock at Gary's, but for mod I simply needed more traction to get the car around the track.. I wouldnt even call the K20's an option the way my car was on them. I seem to get the best traction out of either tire when they have all the tread showing (especially the K20's).

I could see if you like the rear of the car to move around a little the K20's being good, but I live by the mantra: plant the rear and make it steer :D And the 8's so far have planted the rear better for me.

Davey G
2010.12.17, 11:32 AM
PN8 Radials, rub RUBY LUBE (NO JOKE) on the tire a few hrs. Wipe dry before you run. IT has been tested by many and all have come back saying how good it was. Not exactly legal for PN rules but.........

dxm2
2010.12.17, 12:32 PM
Ruby Lube........is there anything it can't do???!?!?!?!?

For new tracks, I think the Kyo Radials, 30 front and 20 rears are hard to beat for pure grip. For tracks that are worn, Kyo or PN slicks are better for me. Haven't tried the PN radials for awhile, I'll have to pick up some. And they all work better if they are trued and the edges squared on a tire truer.

CristianTabush
2010.12.17, 02:27 PM
Gee, the Kyosho tires ARE NOT silicone either. Atomic tires are silicone based. Both PN RCP type tires and Kyosho Tires are Rubber Based. I tend to agree with most people here, EVERY TRACK is different.

From my experience what I can tell from your findings is that Gary's Track and MHS must have similar characteristics. When the PN 8 Deg tire is king this means that tracks have slightly better grip.

In Europe, for whatever reason, the Kyosho 20 is the tire that works the best. The SSG works well, as well as the PN 6 degree tires. All other tires are really loose and generate very little grip.

The reason why Ruby Lube works on tires is because it is an oily, greasy compound. Rubber tires like PN's are petroleum derived, so essentially applying any "oil" to them will condition them and freshen up the rubber. It is essentially a rubber softner and rubber conditioner. This will also work with bushing oil, car motor oil, oil of wintergreen, WD 40, etc will work. The only thing is the majority of tracks do not allow this.

geeunit1014
2010.12.17, 03:25 PM
PN8 Radials, rub RUBY LUBE (NO JOKE) on the tire a few hrs. Wipe dry before you run. IT has been tested by many and all have come back saying how good it was. Not exactly legal for PN rules but.........

Definitely not a joke :D You dont even need hours, just about 30 mins and then car is STUCK with it. Put a pack on charge, lube up the tires, when the pack is done go :D

Christian- Im still unsure on this whole rubber vs silicon thing lol. I have seen that the K20's dont respond to compounds the way the PNs do, which makes me think they are a different compound.. Either way I dont care, i'll use whatever works haha. I also think theyre a different compound as they give a different "feel" to me vs the PNs. Hard to explain, but the PNs feel more "in the track" than the K20s.

Atomic-USA
2010.12.20, 12:30 AM
I am testing a set of prototype ATM tires that seem to generate too much grip at one local track(even more grip than K2038-20 and not allowing the car to turn swiftly). Don't know if these will ever go into production though.