PDA

View Full Version : my helios wont pair ???

hyper-me
2010.11.24, 02:31 PM
my helios was working fine a couple days ago with my dnano (mini-z 2.4 module) and today i turned it on and nothing ! I tried to do the pairing again but when i hold the pairing button and turn on the radio the sync or pairing led never comes on and i cant pair the radio to the car. anybody else ever have this problem ?

briankstan
2010.11.24, 03:22 PM
my helios was working fine a couple days ago with my dnano (mini-z 2.4 module) and today i turned it on and nothing ! I tried to do the pairing again but when i hold the pairing button and turn on the radio the sync or pairing led never comes on and i cant pair the radio to the car. anybody else ever have this problem ?

I responded to your PM. :)

EMU
2010.11.24, 04:04 PM
Could be that the module is a little loose. Take it out, and use a business card to shim the module up to ensure that the pins make contact with the pads in the module.

bermbuster
2010.11.24, 04:09 PM

Does the red led come on when you power up normally?
If it isnt turning on try shimming the module like Eugene stated.
If you move the module outward (up to 3/8") does the red led come on?
If you cannot get the red led to illuminate the module went bad. There is a chip that goes bad...(looks like a small black box w a foil label)
There is a chip inside (same chip is in a KT-18) and if you have a KT-18 you can swap chips.....

hyper-me
2010.11.24, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the help guys the business card trick worked! !!!

briankstan
2010.11.24, 05:23 PM
good to hear you got it working. I'll keep that credit card trick in mind if mine ever does that.

lfisminiz
2010.11.24, 06:40 PM
Seems to be somewhat common. Way back, i used a piece of lexan to push in between module and case. Now with the Eurus, i do the same thing.

EMU
2010.11.24, 06:43 PM
I bent the pins a little before I found out about the card trick... Theres just a little wiggle room, and thats all that it takes to lose contact.