PDA

View Full Version : Mini Z Mr-02 motor troubles ...

BunNY
2010.12.01, 08:11 AM
hey guys i just got an Mr-02 and i havent even had chance to run it yet.
I put the batteries in and for some reason the car works when the on/off stitch is on off? any ideas why or what to do?
also i can turn the car on and steer the wheels but not accelerate or anything ? its a stock motor i noticed that the two yellow things on the solder joints were not soldered both sides so i re-soldered them and nothing has happened?

Any help is appreciated
Michael

hrdrvr
2010.12.01, 09:07 AM
I cant really say for sure what your problem is, but I do know that the yellow 'fuse' or whatever it is, is not supposed to be connected to both sides. It only connects to one!

The switch being backwards isn't really a problem. If it is a big deal to you, you can open up the chassis, and turn the switch around so it is the right direction. It wont hurt anything like it is....unless it gets left on, and you drive it off of the table while trying to operate a different car.

Did you buy your MR02 used? or new?

BunNY
2010.12.01, 10:44 AM
I cant really say for sure what your problem is, but I do know that the yellow 'fuse' or whatever it is, is not supposed to be connected to both sides. It only connects to one!

The switch being backwards isn't really a problem. If it is a big deal to you, you can open up the chassis, and turn the switch around so it is the right direction. It wont hurt anything like it is....unless it gets left on, and you drive it off of the table while trying to operate a different car.

Did you buy your MR02 used? or new?

alright thanks so would i be better just buying a new motor?
ahh the switch doesnt seem to be a problem then :)
how do i get to changing the motor ?
i bought it used ? :)
Michael

cowboysir
2010.12.01, 12:39 PM
Micheal,

That setup i sent you worked fine when i packaged it up...have you charged your batteries fully? Sometimes when the cells dont have a peak charge they will allow some steering but no throttle response.

I can send you another motor for the shipping costs to keep you happy, man.;)

Lmk how it works out.

BunNY
2010.12.01, 01:18 PM
Micheal,

That setup i sent you worked fine when i packaged it up...have you charged your batteries fully? Sometimes when the cells dont have a peak charge they will allow some steering but no throttle response.

I can send you another motor for the shipping costs to keep you happy, man.;)

Lmk how it works out.

:D hey cowboy! :)
batteries are fully charged and i have used a variety of different batteries..
but sometime overseas shipping can be rough so it might be a knock and broke a wire as its been cold here.
dont worry about the motor :D i am hopefully going to but a new Atomic motor ! :)
Thanks Again Michael

hrdrvr
2010.12.01, 02:18 PM
I would definitely try a different motor. I know a bunch of people who have purchsed cars from Cowboy and are happy, so I would think he did you right :D I was just asking as if it was new, the factory would help you solve your issue.

The switch wont cause anything but confusion :D

chad508
2010.12.01, 04:50 PM
the motor leads may just be loose on the board. i would check that then rebind and see what happens

BunNY
2010.12.04, 05:41 AM
ok everyone thanks for all the help :)
still no luck :/
it wont let me upload a video to Photobucket so i will try and describe it ?

the motor jitters but nothing else... i took it apart and got it to work but put it back in .. nothing :(
i have also noticed now that im getting no response from the steering?
please HEEELLLPPPP !!!

THanks
Michael