PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy?

Gadgetguy
2010.12.09, 08:48 AM
Hello all,

I have discovered recently the Mini-Z models, and after some reading of forums and such now I am ready to get my first set.

And that is where the difficulties start:
- the Kyosho website does not list any dealers
- I have contacted several large RC hobby stores in Canada (as I am in the Toronto area): but not one has heard of Mini-Z
- some dealers are apparently misrepresenting what they sell (they advertise MR-02 chassis but they ship MR-01
- some dealers have long lists of items - but all mostly marked "sold out"
- huge price differences exist ( on ebay starter sets range from $60 to $250 or more - for similar looking items)

So the question is: what would be a good, reasonably priced and reliable source which would be willing to ship to Canada?

Which model would you all recommend as a first ( I am considering one with an MR-02 chassis: would you agree)? Which is a nice but newbie friendly body ( one that does not have too many pieces that can break off quickly)?

I would greatly appreciate any advice!

Thank you all...

imxlr8ed
2010.12.09, 09:57 AM
MR02 is a great choice, the 2.4 version is the better investment. An NSX is one of the toughest bodies I know of... but there are a bunch that can take a good beating.

Did you try the shop here yet?

new2miniz
2010.12.09, 10:02 AM
Mini Car Club of Canada

Located in Mississauga, is the only place i have found that is regularly fully stocked with sets and hop-up parts.

Shawn the owner is a really nice guy who is always willing to help out the new guys. Great facility with race track, good environment for beginners.

they're located at:

3710 Nashua Drive, Unit H
Mississauga, ON, Canada
L4V 1M5

Like yourself i just got into the hobby a couple months ago, and shawn has helped me get up to speed. visit their site, and they'll point you in the right direction.

http://www.minicarclubofcanada.com

Gadgetguy
2010.12.09, 10:36 AM
MR02 is a great choice, the 2.4 version is the better investment. An NSX is one of the toughest bodies I know of... but there are a bunch that can take a good beating.

Did you try the shop here yet?

Thank you. Yes I tried to shop here, but it is difficult to navigate as most items are listed as sold out. Is there a way to filter to see only what is available?

Gadgetguy
2010.12.09, 10:37 AM
Mini Car Club of Canada

Located in Mississauga, is the only place i have found that is regularly fully stocked with sets and hop-up parts.

Shawn the owner is a really nice guy who is always willing to help out the new guys. Great facility with race track, good environment for beginners.

they're located at:

3710 Nashua Drive, Unit H
Mississauga, ON, Canada
L4V 1M5

Like yourself i just got into the hobby a couple months ago, and shawn has helped me get up to speed. visit their site, and they'll point you in the right direction.

http://www.minicarclubofcanada.com

Thank you: this is very helpful. I will contact Shawn!

mleemor60
2010.12.09, 03:43 PM
Tiny RC .com should always be your first online choice.

Gadgetguy
2010.12.09, 03:53 PM
Tiny RC .com should always be your first online choice.

Of course. Can you please tell me how I can see what they have available for sale? There is a very long list of items on their website but 99.9% is not available?

Some items can be pre-ordered, and the ETA is Feb 2009... When will those come in if I preorder? Again: confusing....

I would prefer to see only the 0.1% that they have for sale, so that I can purchase what I need.

Or am I doing something wrong so that I see all those items they do not have?

I would like to buy an MR-02 readyset: do they have any?

mleemor60
2010.12.09, 10:32 PM
There is a procedure but the quickest way I can think of is to contact mrs mini-z through this forum via PM. She nay be able to give you the short cuts.

Sinister_Y
2010.12.10, 08:54 AM
Hey there,

I think you reached out via email yesterday with some questions that I had provided answers for. However, if not, please either email me (contact@minicarclubofcanada.com) or give me a shout (647-519-8074). I'd be happy to answer any questions.

While I support the online shop here, there really is no choice (it's a no-brainer) if you're in the area. I have lots of stuff in stock and of course an amazing race track facility for both mini-z and dnano.

Cheers,

Shawn

P.S. Kyosho revamped their website a couple of months back and the listing of authorized dealers, which includes my shop, got lost which they will add back soon.

rensuchan
2010.12.10, 09:35 AM
Of course. Can you please tell me how I can see what they have available for sale? There is a very long list of items on their website but 99.9% is not available?

Some items can be pre-ordered, and the ETA is Feb 2009... When will those come in if I preorder? Again: confusing....

I would prefer to see only the 0.1% that they have for sale, so that I can purchase what I need.

@Gadgetguy

If you create a store account at shop.tinyrc.com, you can change your settings to only display the items that are currently in stock. That should help you find items easier.

mini-z
2010.12.16, 07:42 PM

Gadgetguy, on your Profile (https://shop.tinyrc.com/register.php?mode=update) you should see an option called "Hide Out Of Stock Items" which will help reduce some of the clutter; then head over to 2WD (MR-03 MR-02 MR-015) :: Ready-to-Run (RTR) (http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=361) and you'll see only items that are in stock. Our stock is updated frequently though, and if you don't see what you want, open a Support Ticket (http://shop.tinyrc.com/support_ticket.php) and we'll track it down for you! :)