PDA

View Full Version : Just bought mini z want to buy parts but have questions.

jimburt3rd
2010.12.10, 08:55 AM
Ok i just bought the toyota sprinter truena AE86 - kyoshi Mini Z MZP410BKW I went on looking for parts but wasn't sure which parts fit this model and wanted some body parts like rims, lights, or body kits. where can i find these and what model is mine (MR-02? MR-03?) this is my first mini z so i have no idea what im doing. sorry in advance!!! I would like to maybe upgrade the motor. Buy tires for drifting, then the body parts. If you have any recommendations please feel free.

hrdrvr
2010.12.10, 09:28 AM
What you have is actually an MA-010.

You should be able to use any AWD/MA-010 specific wheels, but I believe you need to stick with 0 offset for that particular body.

Body kits are available from some custom builders, or you can try your hand at fabbing one yourself. The shop here may have tamiya "bondo" (the real name escapes me right now...sorry), and there are numerous builds online that you could follow.

I can recall a few different e-stores showing off some body kits, but I don't think they were US stores, and I haven;t seen too much about them since. It would be worth poking around on google, and maybe searching a bit on here for the old threads. I'm sure I read about them here at some point.....

Hope this helps!

And most importantly...

WELCOME to MZR!!!

color01
2010.12.10, 10:20 AM
The AE86 will handle up to 2.5 offset narrow wheels or 0 offset wide wheels in the rear, and approx. 1.5 offset narrow wheels in front with a little fender work. Just keep that in mind when finding wheels. :)

As for body kits, the newer Kyosho Truenos actually come with body kits AFAIK... if you want something more wild you'll have to find someone who can do it custom for you or try your hand at it yourself.

No need to upgrade the motor for drifting -- stock one is a great power level for drifting unless you're going in waaaay wide open spaces. ;)

Skv012a
2010.12.10, 10:24 AM
Just for drifting you don't really need any upgrades save maybe 3Racing ball differentials (simply to have a diff that definitely won't break on you). Else 3Racing camber knuckles and maybe tie rods.

herman
2010.12.13, 02:09 AM
first off... welcome to the forums... :D

now in response to your post...

I went on looking for parts but wasn't sure which parts fit this model and wanted some body parts like rims, lights, or body kits. where can i find these and what model is mine (MR-02? MR-03?)
apparently this is an awd/ma010 - opps hrdvr already mentioned that...
take a look at sites that offer awd / ma010 parts...

as for body kits, the autoscale is as complete as it gets... any body kits you see are most likely third party offerings (which mostly come from overseas) or more likely custom built...

rims and lights... are offered by kyosho and also by third party manufacturers...

I would like to maybe upgrade the motor. Buy tires for drifting, then the body parts. If you have any recommendations please feel free.
hmm... since you mentioned that you are going to use this for drifting... here's my recommendation... keep the motor stock, you will learn better throttle control compared to a stronger motor... i tried a stronger motor in mine and switched back to the stock motor... the only parts that i've got in mine are... bearings, and the drift tires...

hope this helps :D