PDA

View Full Version : Mr03 lm

njd13
2010.12.27, 01:29 AM
I am sorry if this has been asked before, but does the mazda 787b fit the mr03 chassis with the lm mount?

Traveler
2010.12.27, 05:51 AM
It does. The 03 was designed to fit all bodies, narrow and wide, 86 to 102 mm wheel base.

herman
2010.12.27, 10:44 PM
yep... that's the mr03... all in one, one for all... :D

just make sure to use the right rim offsets and motor mounts... :D

greenepa76
2011.01.04, 10:56 AM
It can fit without the LM mount too, but you'll have to add spacers and get the LM axle. This is assuming you already have aftermarket T-plates and motor pod.

blbills
2011.01.24, 11:05 PM
Do I need to purchase anything to fit an enzo body on an LM chassis?

Sorry for my ignorance. I've heard that all bodies fit the MR-03's but I have also heard that some don't fit the LM?

Thanks!

greenepa76
2011.01.24, 11:35 PM
Yes! The rear motor pod is different and the axle is also shorter. You need MM pod I believe for that car or go with an aluminum pod and the proper rear axle with wheels that are correct offset and the tires you'll need for your track or driving surfaces. Or you can just get an autoscale painted body that includes wheels, but you'll still need decent tires and the pod/axle combo.

iruninsoga
2011.01.24, 11:57 PM
Especially on carpet where low ride height is critical.

Anyway, there are three things to consider:

The LM mount needs an LM axel.

The LM mount has +2mm offset on each side. Enzo is +3mm for MM so you need +1mm wides on LM

The plastic LM motor mount axel mount is 1mm higher for 1mm lower ride height. This does cause problems with the Enzo as sits very low on the chassis. Most people solve this by extending the damper shaft by unscrewing the end a couple turns and preloading the damper spring with the appropriate amount of preload spacers.

If you're using an aftermarket mount you don't have to jump through so many hoops. In my experience the Enzo is one of the hardest to set up with the plastic LM mount because of the low rear deck. Doesn't work with some friction systems either.

If you get it working though it's pretty good.

blbills
2011.01.25, 08:04 AM
What other bodies will work with the LM then? I've heard that that is the best car to start out with (my goal is to keep it mostly stock).

If I want the enzo should I Just go with a standard mr-03?

Sorry for so many questions. I guess I should be in the noob forum.

Thanks!

iruninsoga
2011.01.25, 09:28 AM
LM is really meant for 102mm bodies. At 102mm you can use the plastic friction damper as well.

98mm LM does handle better than the standard 98mm MM, but if you're going to keep it mostly stock, then it might not make a big difference. A stock motor won't be able to break traction with 20 degree rears except is certain rare situations. Performance won't be limited by center of gravity height anyway.

Enzo on MM is not bad at all. If you like the Enzo body you should try it with MM. MM won't be a handicap at all.

If you like any of the 102mm LM bodies (Porsche 962, Mazda 787, Sauber C9)then go with that. Even without any mod parts they can take more powerful motors (X-speed V) very gracefully.

greenepa76
2011.01.25, 10:11 AM
Some pointers on these bodies.

LM bodies are more fragile because of the rear wing extension on some bodies and the low headlights. The Porsche bodies are big and heavy and the weak point on those are the sides, and front.

If you're going to be around a lot of newbie drivers, invest in the white body version of these cars so I won't be as hard on the wallet. New drivers will help disintegrate those bodies quickly.

If you manage to keep a body intact, you'll like the way the wide and long chassis layout handles. I've had Sauber C9 for about 2 months now and have a small chip on the rear wing, but nothing broken yet since I don't pull that car out when there are a bunch of hacks on the track. I run this one every other day, but my other cars are run almost everyday for 30 minutes.

Don't mean to spoil your LM interest, but figured you might want to know if you're on a fixed budget and don't want to replace or repair bodies often. The Enzo will do just fine for what you're after. I'd get the basic 03 chassis set and the Enzo Autoscale body with wheels. This way, you'll get two motor mounts with the chassis kit. If you get a ready set, I think those only come with one mount that will work with included body and it limits your choices of bodies later. The additional Kyosho rear motor mount pods are only about 10-12 bucks extra if you decide on a readyset.

blbills
2011.01.25, 10:56 AM
thank you for the detailed replies! Looks like I may be better off with just a standard mr-03.

appreciate the help!

njd13
2011.01.25, 11:42 AM
A quick update: I managed to get a silver Sauber C9 from a friend NIB for $155. This is crazy... I went from 1 mini-Z f1 6 months ago to 4 MA010, 1 MR03, 1 MR015, 1 Overland, and the original f1. I sold some of my 1/10 cars to fund these purchases.

mleemor60
2011.01.25, 12:13 PM
Wise choice.

iruninsoga
2011.01.26, 06:33 PM
I had a similar pattern.

mini-z's are a blast aren't they? Almost no one lugs around more than 1 or 2 1/10 chassis to the track, but mini-zs are so convenient can bring 10 of them to the track no problem and you don't have to feel guilty for having so many!