PDA

View Full Version : March 12, 2011 - HFAY S11 Race 3

arch2b
2010.12.28, 01:58 PM
this will be held at Hobby Works in Fairfax, Virginia

chucelli
2011.03.02, 11:32 AM
does open practice still start at 2:30pm on Mondays?
I may be able to skip work a bit early to get some driving in...
-Robert

arch2b
2011.03.02, 01:17 PM
does open practice still start at 2:30pm on Mondays?
I may be able to skip work a bit early to get some driving in...
-Robert

open practice discussion here (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34766).

arch2b
2011.03.13, 10:19 AM
wanted to thank everyone again for coming out to race! as usual the bracket racing was close. rene and i continue to be consistently within a lap or two of eachother.

thank you to joe for showing me how to setup the 'super' diff. i felt it was a noticeable difference. unfortunately i was not able to solve my droop problem with my damper satisfactorily. once corrected to some degree i did not like the way it changed the handling. maybe i have adjusted my driving to suit the problem but i drove better with it returned to 0 preload.

as soon as my r246 charger comes in i'll also be peaking my batteries as joe and ian instructed. boy that really makes a difference.

i saw some consistent improvement with john as well. his lap times dropped through the day and lap counts went up accordingly. if i had not been tagging him every other lap or so, i'm sure it would have been better.

good job to igor for getting the 240z setup without rolling. you were able to spend more time on the track and get more laps. no comes the clean line ;) the car is fast enough, just need to get it around consistently and cleanly. i had my own share of mistakes today as well:o

sorry we missed you robert.

we need to make an effort to get racing started at noon so that we don't have to worry about having some drop out due to time. also makes it more fair to have others help in the cleanup:p

chucelli
2011.03.15, 08:48 AM
it looked like good showing again. Unfortunately I was not able to make it earlier. I figured at least I could get in some practice time...
Really liked this track configuration, with that long sweeping turn.
Hope to make it next time :)
-Robert

tr1kstanc3
2011.03.15, 01:33 PM
unfortunately i was not able to solve my droop problem with my damper satisfactorily. once corrected to some degree i did not like the way it changed the handling. maybe i have adjusted my driving to suit the problem but i drove better with it returned to 0 preload.

Are you running the Reflex adjustable T-bar mount? I've found it to be the easiest way to adjust rear suspension droop without having to modify oil/spring setups in the disk damper/tri-damper setups. This way you can setup your rear suspension to be soft yet not sag and cause oversteer on the front-end.