PDA

View Full Version : compatible with windows 7

briankstan
2010.12.29, 03:10 PM
I'm looking to upgrade my laptop here soon, upgrade meaning getting a new one.

Anyone running Flipside timing software on Windows 7? any know issues?

arch2b
2010.12.29, 04:45 PM
i keep an updated copy of flipside installed on my laptop which is now running win7 home premium 32bit. i actually have not run any timer with this as i typically use my ancient backup xp pro laptop however i can give it a try this weekend unless someone else has already tested win7.

I-Lap
2010.12.29, 06:26 PM
We are running Flipside just fine on both 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows7.

This is with I-Lap hardware, you should verify your hardware is compatible and make sure a driver is available.

We also use his ICS software on both as well.

Craig

briankstan
2010.12.29, 06:28 PM
i keep an updated copy of flipside installed on my laptop which is now running win7 home premium 32bit. i actually have not run any timer with this as i typically use my ancient backup xp pro laptop however i can give it a try this weekend unless someone else has already tested win7.

Ray, can you test this with the core hardware?

We are running Flipside just fine on both 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows7.

This is with I-Lap hardware, you should verify your hardware is compatible and make sure a driver is available.

We also use his ICS software on both as well.

Craig

thanks for the info.

pinwc4
2010.12.29, 09:22 PM
Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit, should be fine as I-Lap mentioned. While I do not have it yet I made sure to update the software a long time ago to be compatible. I do not have an actual 64 bit version (it would provide no benefit) but the 32 bit copy will work fine on 64 bit Windows.

For the core hardware you will need to make sure to install the driver. Download the driver before you plug in the hardware for the first time. When you first plug in the core hardware it will probably ask you for the driver, you can point it to the location you downloaded it to. The download link can be found here:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

briankstan
2010.12.29, 09:27 PM
Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit, should be fine as I-Lap mentioned. While I do not have it yet I made sure to update the software a long time ago to be compatible. I do not have an actual 64 bit version (it would provide no benefit) but the 32 bit copy will work fine on 64 bit Windows.

For the core hardware you will need to make sure to install the driver. Download the driver before you plug in the hardware for the first time. When you first plug in the core hardware it will probably ask you for the driver, you can point it to the location you downloaded it to. The download link can be found here:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Thanks for the info.

BrianMidnight
2010.12.29, 10:18 PM
Installed Windows 7 32 bit build 7100 in May 2009. Been using Flipside software/Core hardware with it ever since........no problems.