PDA

View Full Version : 03 servo motor

chris130256
2010.12.30, 02:02 PM
Anyone know where to get one and a pot for an 03?
Is the dnano motor the same?
Thanks in advance.

chr1s
2010.12.30, 04:10 PM
Is the dnano motor the same?

Yes!

Greets from Germany,
Chris

chris130256
2010.12.30, 04:37 PM
Thanks Chris. Is it a straight swap with no modifications?
I wonder if using the Dnano X Speed motor upgrade would make the steering faster?

Felix2010
2010.12.30, 07:55 PM
Thanks Chris. Is it a straight swap with no modifications?
I wonder if using the Dnano X Speed motor upgrade would make the steering faster?

Whoa.. The Dnano DRIVE MOTOR(both the stock coreless & Dnano X-speed coreless motors) is the same exact size as the MR03 SERVO motor?! The Dnano is powered by an MR03 servo motor?! The Dnano is really that tiny!? I have yet to see a Dnano in the flesh...

Your idea about the Dnano Xspeed motor used as the 03's servo motor, that's a cool idea. Sure would be the ultimate servo motor I would think, whether it is that-much more noticeably faster/torquier/better-overall? It might be... Worth a try in my book:)

chris130256
2010.12.31, 03:10 AM
I'll wait a while longer for more responses to see if anyone has tried the X speed motor. Definately worth a try if it fits!

PadrinoNY
2010.12.31, 08:55 PM
I'll wait a while longer for more responses to see if anyone has tried the X speed motor. Definately worth a try if it fits!

Hope you have ICS and $10 to waist your time. ICS is so that you can turn down the steering response if not it will twitch side to side. The $10 to waist your time is for the price for an Xspeed motor taht will work just the same as the stock one after ICS programming to prevent twitch.....

The only way I know this for a fact is cause after breaking the wire I tried this and I had to tune down the ICS setting for steering. The factory Dnano AND the Blade MCX, MSR heli servo motors are direct replacements and after putting the Blade motors it worked more accurate then the factory one......

chris130256
2011.01.01, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll give one of those Blade motors a try.