PDA

View Full Version : Tension Adjust

rajiex
2011.01.04, 05:39 AM
I have a EX-5, its a great remote but I would like to adjust the tension on the steering wheel and the trigger. Is this possible? I heard stories of opening up the radio and cutting the springs shorter to increase the tension. I have slowed down the response to the steering by adjusting the subtrim and curve. But I love the stiffness of the EX1 Mars radio and want to see can I make radio feel like that.

bermbuster
2011.01.04, 07:08 AM
I have a EX-5, its a great remote but I would like to adjust the tension on the steering wheel and the trigger. Is this possible? I heard stories of opening up the radio and cutting the springs shorter to increase the tension. I have slowed down the response to the steering by adjusting the subtrim and curve. But I love the stiffness of the EX1 Mars radio and want to see can I make radio feel like that.

cut the spring....cut a small amount and test
you can always get a new spring if you cut it too short....

dxm2
2011.01.04, 09:52 AM
Buy a few extra springs before cutting the existing spring.

KO PROPO Staff
2011.01.04, 01:32 PM
If you are going to do the steering, you will need to desolder the steering pot from the board before removing the PC board. If you don't you will damage the steering pot.

EMU
2011.01.04, 05:22 PM
Are there any other ways that KO could implement adjustability for steering tension in say the KT-5 or EX-10?

KO PROPO Staff
2011.01.04, 05:49 PM
Are there any other ways that KO could implement adjustability for steering tension in say the KT-5 or EX-10?

Changes to any of "Kyosho's" KT series would have to come from Kyosho. The EX-10 already has spring tension adjustment for the steering.

Also if you open the steering assembly up you will find two different spring settings. Factory default is set to linear spring tension and the other setting is for progressive spring tension.

You will find the linear and progressive spring tension available on the throttle but there is no tension adjustment.

EMU
2011.01.04, 08:25 PM
Changes to any of "Kyosho's" KT series would have to come from Kyosho. The EX-10 already has spring tension adjustment for the steering.

Also if you open the steering assembly up you will find two different spring settings. Factory default is set to linear spring tension and the other setting is for progressive spring tension.

You will find the linear and progressive spring tension available on the throttle but there is no tension adjustment.

Thanks for the feedback :)