PDA

View Full Version : MZRC series Race 1

hrdrvr
2011.01.06, 09:20 AM
This is the firs month of our new series with the guys from Mini-Z Dynasty (Malaysia) and Atomic Collective (Singapore). There is a single lap time challenge where you can run stock or mod, and the series race which will be 80t only for this first run. Also, the single lap stock times will be done with an 80t motor as well.

I have a couple of 80ts for you guys that don't have them yet :D Daddy Rabbit ran one, and it is slow :D I'm hoping it closes the gap on our group even more :D

For next month, our top three will keep the 80t motors, but any one out of the top three has the option to go back to a 70t motor for the series race. An 80t will still be necessary for the stock single lap challenge. If you guys have any questions please let me know them soon, so I can address them before we run our official race.

The official race night for this event will be January 21st. We can use the 28th as a make-up day if any one misses the official event, or needs a shot at a better run. I will submit the times at the end of the month, then we will see how we stack up against the other two groups.

The layout is down, and ready for some SLTC (single lap time challenge) results, and practice for the event. Oh yeah, the mains for this series will be 12 minutes long, so prep your batteries! :D

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Track%20room/2011-01-05_17-11-09_15.jpg

Rules link for the SLTC (http://mzrc.blogspot.com/p/sltc-rules.html)

Results for last months SLTC (http://mzrc.blogspot.com/p/race-results-test.html)

If I remember correctly, we were right in the middle of this pack with our 70t motors on that layout :D

Traveler
2011.01.06, 09:26 AM
Nice layout LT!

yasuji
2011.01.06, 09:46 AM
This is the firs month of our new series with the guys from Mini-Z Dynasty (Malaysia) and Atomic Collective (Singapore). There is a single lap time challenge where you can run stock or mod, and the series race which will be 80t only for this first run. Also, the single lap stock times will be done with an 80t motor as well.

I have a couple of 80ts for you guys that don't have them yet :D Daddy Rabbit ran one, and it is slow :D I'm hoping it closes the gap on our group even more :D

For next month, our top three will keep the 80t motors, but any one out of the top three has the option to go back to a 70t motor for the series race. An 80t will still be necessary for the stock single lap challenge. If you guys have any questions please let me know them soon, so I can address them before we run our official race.

The official race night for this event will be January 21st. We can use the 28th as a make-up day if any one misses the official event, or needs a shot at a better run. I will submit the times at the end of the month, then we will see how we stack up against the other two groups.

The layout is down, and ready for some SLTC (single lap time challenge) results, and practice for the event. Oh yeah, the mains for this series will be 12 minutes long, so prep your batteries! :D

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Track%20room/2011-01-05_17-11-09_15.jpg

Rules link for the SLTC (http://mzrc.blogspot.com/p/sltc-rules.html)

Results for last months SLTC (http://mzrc.blogspot.com/p/race-results-test.html)

If I remember correctly, we were right in the middle of this pack with our 70t motors on that layout :D
wo wo wo wo wo......wth.....:confused:3 tile straightaway?????????:eek:

nice layout!:D

hrdrvr
2011.01.06, 10:00 AM
Marwan, I like the layout too, but can't take credit for it. It is designed by one of the guys form either ACT or MZD. It does look like some of mine form the past (with the exception of the straight), and I think it will net some exciting close races :D

Grant, I know, I know :D I can't believe we are doing this, but it should be fun. This little series should be really fun for our group, since we are small and don't have easy access to other groups. The layout was preset, so we have to conform to it. Who knows, this may the dawn of a new era for MBMZR :D Either way, I knew you would be one of the first to comment on the expansion kit ;)

kromie101
2011.01.06, 05:37 PM
wider is better:D. that means i can run the grant33turn:D. plenty of space for speed :cool:.

yscheong
2011.01.07, 06:41 AM
Hello. I am Jeff from Mini Z Dynasty Malaysia. Looking forward for the MZRC.

hrdrvr
2011.01.07, 07:03 AM
Eric, the Atomic USA is to slow :D You are gonna ike this layout! I am gonna need more motor!

Hi Jeff, We willl have a goood practice session tonight, so we should have some results for the blog soon!

hrdrvr
2011.01.07, 06:22 PM
80t racing was fun. The 12 minute main was fun!

Eric, your 80t is like my 70ts. You were cutting some tight laps too. I need more steering and another gear. That should.net me another lap. I had two laps or more worth of mistakes, but you kind of did too. Hopefully I can keep up!

Chad you looked good for a while too. It was all I could do to match pace with you at the begining. I've got an 02 without tower bars you can get. I would have liked to have seen yours go the distance :)

Ill try and get the blog updated as soon as possible tomorrow, and post a link.

kromie101
2011.01.07, 09:43 PM
if you girls could have stayed for one more run you could have went faster:p:D:). all joking aside it was fun,more than what i thought it would be:D.everybody will go faster for sure next time we run:).

i thought everybody looked quick. it's all about the right line ;). L,did you run your new batts? i never really got to run with chad but i know he was quick.even griff was quick if he could just smooth it out.

andy,did you get new batts also? if not,it might be time;):).

the 350 felt really good fow sure. i gotta figure out why my car does that little glitch. while i was driving my mosler it did that hook also:confused:.it's like the car goes into reverse.

the mosler is sick fast 6.433,holla what what.it's only gonna go faster.

LT,just let it all hang out ,put in that chillie and hang on.

come on chad put in a rocket and lets hotlap:D

chad508
2011.01.07, 10:34 PM
my car was great for one i have not ran in over a year and a half. i just needed to clean it good before i put it on the track. when i got home i pulled it completely apart and cleaned the steering teeth, as i new this was the problem. while i was at it i installed a 03 board. so it will be good to go next week. i may also go ahead and put a better race body on just to make the car a little better.

hrdrvr
2011.01.08, 09:06 AM
Looks like Eric is pretty competetive and the rest of us need some work :D

I didnt get times form any one but him and I from practice, so all the other times were taken form the one race we did. If you guys want to get your times posted, please write your best on the board by the PC, in the format I have up there. :D

Chad, you and I need more motor, and we need to run some laps with DR in the afternoons...if he is game ;)

Oh, almost forgot, here is the link for the results. You have to go to the bottom of the page and clik on January to see the current ones.

http://mzrc.blogspot.com/p/race-results-test.html

hrdrvr
2011.01.08, 09:07 AM
Oh yeah, my pan car lap would have put me forth right after Eric, so maybe a tad more motor, a tad more steering and a legal body will get me close to the top :D I guess we need to throw these 70ts out and run some real mod power!!

kromie101
2011.01.08, 03:36 PM
man up and put a real motor in:p:D. i do wanna try just a little less motor,not much:D. the first time i came down the straight into the first turn,i whipped it side ways and i think i tractioned rolled over to my pit space:eek::eek:. i wonder what the little mac would be like with that power?

kromie101
2011.01.08, 08:59 PM
i got thinking,take away the freakin dots and our hot laps would be faster:p:D.i'm really pumped now:eek:.

hrdrvr
2011.01.09, 07:17 AM
If we had more tracion we could go faster too, but we don't have much control over that :) :p

kromie101
2011.01.09, 01:28 PM
i can't stop thinking about z's:eek:. i am so ready for two weeks:D. you guys will be a week or so up on practice over me and the boys so no excuses:p:D. unless it rains and we don't go to savannah. is it wrong i want it to rain so i can race z's:eek:.

lfisminiz
2011.01.09, 07:23 PM
i can't stop thinking about z's:eek:. i am so ready for two weeks:D. you guys will be a week or so up on practice over me and the boys so no excuses:p:D. unless it rains and we don't go to savannah. is it wrong i want it to rain so i can race z's:eek:.

Actually, i think you make perfect sense.........;):D (sounds like me);):)

2EZ
2011.01.11, 09:59 AM
Somebody update me on the schedule I am ready to get back in the middle of things I may need some help to get my cars set but regardless i want to run.
2EZ "TBONE" Tannie

chad508
2011.01.11, 10:08 AM
we have been running on fridays. me and steven will be there this friday but eric and his crew will be out of town. but next friday everyone should be there to have a good night of racing. hope to see you back out soon.

Daddy Rabbit
2011.01.11, 11:51 AM
It will be good to have you back Tannie.:cool:

hrdrvr
2011.01.11, 12:37 PM
Tannie, Yes, the 21st will be the next race night. You should come out. It will be 80t for stock class, and anything goes for mod. I can break you in an 80t if yo uwant to run stock. Otherwise, you can just rock mod :D Next month you can run your 70t in stock. Ill probably have better luck explaining the logic of that one in person, so give me a call if you want to talk about it :D We would lvoe to have you back Tannie! It's been a while ;)

Chad, Is Steven planning on coming out for the 21st too? I hope so :D

I may try and stick around to practice some with y'all Friday...but no promises :D

chad508
2011.01.11, 12:46 PM
Chad, Is Steven planning on coming out for the 21st too? I hope so :D :D

anything is possible. he would have came out last week but with me and you getting out of there early there was no point.

kromie101
2011.01.11, 05:20 PM
tannie ,me and the boys will be back in two weeks. i will help ya out as much as i can with your cars if you need it. hope you can make it.

hrdrvr
2011.01.11, 05:26 PM
Inchin' down there to ya Eric :D New body, new lap time :D I put on the little McLaren, and made some fine tuning adjustments. Got almost a tenth out of the lap, which got me to within a tenth of you.

We've got some work to get down there with Ahmad :D

I love how easy it is to update! I made a faster lap an hour ago, and now I can see it on the site.

kromie101
2011.01.11, 06:24 PM
just wait till next friday. that whole run i did'nt even try really hotlaping:D.take up the dots. next friday will have even more traction. take up the dots. o, i'm gonna try and hotlap with the 80t next time;). take up the dots.give me a call if you can.take up the dots:p:D. cya

that is so not fair you get to just walk out back and try and hotlap.thats it a track is going up at the house:).

andy,make sure he is working when he should be,LOL

Daddy Rabbit
2011.01.12, 09:52 AM
It's hard to keep LT out of the track room, all though he does have work to do now.:)

yasuji
2011.01.12, 10:38 AM
so .... let me get this straight... is this a race or is it just hotlap times.... the rules talk about 12 min mains.... but im seeing u guys talk about just hot laps?

moz
2011.01.12, 10:54 AM
Inchin' down there to ya Eric :D New body, new lap time :D I put on the little McLaren, and made some fine tuning adjustments. Got almost a tenth out of the lap, which got me to within a tenth of you.

We've got some work to get down there with Ahmad :D

I love how easy it is to update! I made a faster lap an hour ago, and now I can see it on the site.

hello hrdrvr....new to this miniZzz...still learning...saw my name on board;)...just to say hello

hrdrvr
2011.01.12, 12:16 PM
just wait till next friday. that whole run i did'nt even try really hotlaping.take up the dots. next friday will have even more traction. take up the dots. o, i'm gonna try and hotlap with the 80t next time;). take up the dots.give me a call if you can.take up the dots:p. cya

that is so not fair you get to just walk out back and try and hotlap.thats it a track is going up at the house:).

andy,make sure he is working when he should be,LOL

Maybe we will take the dots up next Friday for the race. That'll give you one day for hot lapping with out them, and not slow us down in the main. They make it so much easier for us blind guys to see and learn the track tho....

And FWIW, I hit that lap within a half pack of batteries. I let Chad warm the track up, then I came in and ran with him for 5 minutes or so :D I think I've actually got something now. I was down around the 7.1 range for a majority of the laps :D I was hanging with his 70t mosler until my pack started fading. Of course he had worn the hot off of his batteries before I even started :D

so .... let me get this straight... is this a race or is it just hotlap times.... the rules talk about 12 min mains.... but im seeing u guys talk about just hot laps?

The MZRC is a competition on two levels.

There is the 5 race series of which this time there will only be three teams competing, unless you guys want to jump in :D Right now our club is in the series, along with Mini-Z Dynasty in Malaysia, and Atomic Collective in Singapore. We are looking for other clubs to join in, so send me a PM if you are interested :D

Along with the points series, there is a hot lap challenge which is open to every one in the world. You set up the layout that is specified for that month, and run as fast of a lap as you can. Submit your time and get to see it listed along with others form all over the world.

The hot lap challenge is a good way for the guys running the series to see how they stand against the other guys in the series, but can also offer a gauge to how we stand amongst the world (of course, only if enough people join in). We share the hot laps for the entire month, then will submit our best 12 minute run as our "main" to determine who gets the points :D The points are set up similar to Moto GP, and should show who amongst the three clubs is the most consistent from race to race.

Also, just as an FYI, the top three from each group will be running an 80t motor. The rest of the field gets to run 70t. It should make the points very interesting, and allow some lesser drivers to race for wins within each group. We just ran our first race with 80ts and they are pretty fun.

hello hrdrvr....new to this miniZzz...still learning...saw my name on boar)...just to say hello

Hi moz, you must be Ahmad :D You are setting some very impressive lap times with your 80t motor, and mod too! Would you care to share your stock set up? I am mainly interested in your gearing and battery specs.

Thanks for joining the conversation! I look forward to racing against you later in the month!

kromie101
2011.01.12, 04:47 PM
LT, just put red and white tape on the turns or paint them. i think i have some candy cane tape red and white from work. i really don't mind them when it's a club race but when we are racing against other guys:eek:. you know me:D. i want every little inch i can get:). if you choose to keep them i will just have to go faster to make up for them:p:D. whats upwith your phone?

moz,you are flying:D. glad your on here now. keep us posted how you guys do and we will do the same.try and get some others to join in and post up their thoughts:D. cya ,eric

hrdrvr
2011.01.12, 04:55 PM
Eric, found my phone today :D Just charged it and turned it back on. A day without one seemed like an eternity, lol.

Oh, and a quick heads up. I ran a couple of packs today :D Got down to 6.98....only .04 more to go ;)

PS - I thought you were trying not to take this too serious :p I do know you...too well I guess :D I will take the dots up for the official race. If we practice all month with the dots, we should be really good without them ;)

kromie101
2011.01.12, 05:06 PM
cool,give me a hollar when you can.

we might need to practice with the renaults with narrow rears;):D.

chad508
2011.01.12, 05:55 PM
already did tonight. i put the 20 radial fronts on. it really wasnt much different other than i lost a little steering.

kromie101
2011.01.12, 06:28 PM
i remember trying this with LM when we first started running.i put fronts on the rear. now i gotta take a car back from griff:eek:. the car i have now is my renault chassie and i'm using it for the 350z 80t car.

you lost steering with rear narrow wheels? i thought you would get more steering. thats crazy.

chad508
2011.01.12, 06:32 PM
me and LT talked about it. it must be due to running radials. another good thing is i found a use for the pn +3 front rims. they fit the renault perfect. and lord knows i have a ton of them.

moz
2011.01.12, 08:48 PM
Hi moz, you must be Ahmad :D You are setting some very impressive lap times with your 80t motor, and mod too! Would you care to share your stock set up? I am mainly interested in your gearing and battery specs.

Thanks for joining the conversation! I look forward to racing against you later in the month![/QUOTE]

Yes sir Ahmad here,:DI've got no specials setup here...here me goes
-Running 03...
-PN front end....0' arm.....-1 tie rod.....PN blue shims on bottom...Kyosho Gold on top.....yellow springs,orange spacers underneath...
-Power plant 2X4 SP8M FET,Orion HV Batt charged at 1A...
-Drivetrain PN80turn...PN 94 V3 mount with tri-damper,yellow springs for the shocks...damper spring gold bottom/green on top,no center shock...PN V3 b/diff with 51 LSD-12tooth pinion...front 0 rear +1 offsets...front Kyosho 30' Radial very2 thin:D....rear always PN parada(wohooo)love this tyre a lot....all around with Route246 tape....I guess thats it...thanks for reading n sorry for my bad english

moz
2011.01.12, 08:54 PM
LT, just put red and white tape on the turns or paint them. i think i have some candy cane tape red and white from work. i really don't mind them when it's a club race but when we are racing against other guys:eek:. you know me:D. i want every little inch i can get:). if you choose to keep them i will just have to go faster to make up for them:p:D. whats upwith your phone?

moz,you are flying:D. glad your on here now. keep us posted how you guys do and we will do the same.try and get some others to join in and post up their thoughts:D. cya ,eric

Hello kromie nice to know u...u are flying to sir:D...FYI we here in very small group..6-8 racer/basher max in friday night:(...

kromie101
2011.01.12, 09:29 PM
moz,thats the same for us .we are a small group also. if we get 8, thats a good night of racing:D. we usually get 6 of us on a normal race night.

it's really good to have you on here with us:). please feel free to post as much as you want:D. i enjoy reading your post and i bet i can speak for others,they do also:cool::D.

i guess we will be chasing you and jeff:D. don't look back cause we are coming:D:D. are you and jeff friends? try and get him to drop in on the thread.

i just looked at the stock hotlaps and i have dropped to 4th:eek:. i gotta get to the track. man it's killing me i can't get there till next week.

have a good one,eric

p.s. you don't have to call me sir.LOL LOL

moz
2011.01.12, 09:41 PM
Thank u for the welcome kromie101...Jeff is my guru:cool: n owner of the Dynasty....4th is the beginning...u all guys advanced for sure...

yscheong
2011.01.13, 03:56 AM
Testing with my club member yesterday. Have been setting my 80t machine from last saturday. Lap time improve from 7.1 to 6.67. Just to share.

7.1 is running with mr015 98mm lcg motor mount, merc slr and 8 x sp8m4, 4.1 gear ratio Just can do better that 7.1 with this setting.
Lately have done the following testing
- change body to murcielago feel under. Lap time still cannot go under 7 second with 4.154
- change front tire from pn 20 slick to kyosho 30 slick lap time improve to 6.98
- change to 94mm 350z 2005 lap time improve to 6.89 but the car is handle not good.
- Transfer the hold rear block to mr02 94mm 350z 2005 with stock fet. Car feel good.
- Start playing with gear ration find out 4.5 it best for my driving style. Lap time improve to 6.78.
- Yesterday after few try still cannot brake 6.78. Then charge R1 750 at 1.4 amp with pulsa 2 (Normal pratice charge with maha 9000 at 0.8amp). Done. Best 6.67.

My next try will be all round new tire. Current tire is too small the top speed from tamiya speed checker drop from 25km/h (half worn tire) to 23km/h (almost finish tire). And of cause, fet my MR02 to 2 x 3.

Hope can get closer to ahmad record.

Guys, don't forget to try the open class lap time as well.

PS: Ahmad is always a hot lap record holder in MZD since 2010 when we have start this hot lap challenge.

hrdrvr
2011.01.13, 07:54 AM
It looks like Ahmad is geared way higher than me, and Eric and Chad both were last week, so I tried 14/53 yesterday. I got down to 6.984 with trp900s and the McLaren body. It is WAY faster for me than the Mosler. I want to try the 911 out on this set up, but this little Mac is going to be hard to beat :D I only hit one lap in the 6s, then I quit. The car is VERY consistent though. I was steadily clicking off 7.1s and 7.0s. I think I can wheel this car pretty close to the wall for 12 minutes :D

Ahmad, Jeff, Thanks a lot for the set up information! Helping each other out is only going to make us all faster! :D

Jeff, Eric is almost always our hot lap leader as well. I think he has had the fast lap on every layout we've ever had, lol. Don't let it go to your head though big guy, you don't take all the wins :p

We will be trying for the mod hotlap as well. I am just trying to get my 80t car ready for the long run. Until a week or so ago, I had never run an 80t, and a whole new set up is in order to get the maximum out of this little motor. Once I get it settled I will spend more time on the mod car :D We typically run pan cars, so my mod car is going to need some serious rebuilding to be legal for competition. We've got a race coming up at the end of Feb, and Ill be running the pan there. It may be a few months before I can compete with a GT mod car.

Thanks again for all the info! I can't wait to compare 12 minute runs :D

Oh yeah, Do you guys video your mains?

hrdrvr
2011.01.13, 04:31 PM
It is unfair for me to be able to walk out after work and cut a couple of laps. Chad still gets in more time than I do!! He was here practicing again tonight! His McLaren is looking good for some 70t racing :D Too bad it is mod for the MZRC :D

I cut some laps with my Mosler tonight. Changed the VDS over, made a few tweaks, and re-lubed the front and rear end. Car is on rails! I got down to a 6.652, and after I pulled the car off of the track I saw that my damper post was lose. I did the 6.6 with no rear suspension! LOL I will be tightening up that screw and hitting off some more laps tomorrow! Oh yeah, I was fidgeting with tires too, so there was also no tire tape or glue, so I may get a little tighter with that too ;) Honestly I thought the 50t was too much for this track...but I think I can run a tad more motor still :D

kromie101
2011.01.13, 07:44 PM
AWESOME AWSEOME AWESOME,i love all this chatter:D. it's been a while sence we had this much activity:cool:. it is just killing me i cannot get on the track for another week.

LT,there needs to be a rule were you and chad cannot be on the track till race day:p:p:D. keep putting down the traction for me:D.good to see your going faster with the gt car. next time it's gonna be a 33 turn.you should here my 35t going down the straight,sounds like a turbine:D.it has so much rip.

yscheong,glad to have you on here with us:). you can bet i will not forget the open class,that is my favorite. when we first started i just thought it was mod hotlaps and then i saw the stock hotlaps also.thats just the icing on the cake.

moz,tell the guru to slow down:D. does your chilie have snap,turque. i think landon has one and i remember it being insane fast.

talk to you guys on monday night,going out of town for an offroad race:).

moz
2011.01.14, 01:33 AM
AWESOME AWSEOME AWESOME,i love all this chatter:D. it's been a while sence we had this much activity:cool:. it is just killing me i cannot get on the track for another week.

LT,there needs to be a rule were you and chad cannot be on the track till race day:p:p:D. keep putting down the traction for me:D.good to see your going faster with the gt car. next time it's gonna be a 33 turn.you should here my 35t going down the straight,sounds like a turbine:D.it has so much rip.

yscheong,glad to have you on here with us:). you can bet i will not forget the open class,that is my favorite. when we first started i just thought it was mod hotlaps and then i saw the stock hotlaps also.thats just the icing on the cake.

moz,tell the guru to slow down:D. does your chilie have snap,turque. i think landon has one and i remember it being insane fast.

talk to you guys on monday night,going out of town for an offroad race:).

chili is no match to PNWC 35

hrdrvr
2011.01.14, 07:37 AM
For me the Chilli that Serrano worked on is the fastest motor I have ever driven. It is WAY faster than my 33t or 35t motors. I think I am going ot bust out the special Stock-R to try and get a little more speed out of the corners. The 50t is pretty quick, but it is slow off the corner. It makes it easy to drive, but I only need to make one lap, lol.

moz
2011.01.14, 07:41 AM
PNWC35 turn discontinued:(...best motor i ever ride with...just nice for our small layout

hrdrvr
2011.01.14, 07:49 AM
Have you tried the PN 39t or 43t? The 43t is very similar to atomic yellow label, but a little bit faster. The 39t is as close to the old 35t as I have run. Solid torque, and good top speed, but more linear than some of the other PN motors. I run 43t in F1 mod, and 39t in pan/GT on large layouts. I usually like ATM USA, ATM yellow, speedy07, or PN 50t on smaller tracks. I am usually underpowered compared to most of the guys around here though. I am a slower motor kind of guy :D

moz
2011.01.14, 08:10 AM
haven try the 39t/43t....similar to stockR from what I heard...maybe u should try the 33t smooth criminal motor:D

yasuji
2011.01.14, 08:50 AM
is there plans to open this up to pancar?lexan? i am wanting to get kenon in to this hotlap challenge and maybe even the racing!i will discuss it with my guys tonight !

yscheong
2011.01.14, 09:00 AM
Have you tried the PN 39t or 43t? The 43t is very similar to atomic yellow label, but a little bit faster. The 39t is as close to the old 35t as I have run. Solid torque, and good top speed, but more linear than some of the other PN motors. I run 43t in F1 mod, and 39t in pan/GT on large layouts. I usually like ATM USA, ATM yellow, speedy07, or PN 50t on smaller tracks. I am usually underpowered compared to most of the guys around here though. I am a slower motor kind of guy :D

I have tried Stock R, AD Stock and PN 43T. Next target is PN 39T.

Stock R is too punch for me.
Love the AD Stock is just Nice.
But the PN 43t is even better. Smoother drive, suite my driving style.

But all of the above still cannot compare to PN 35t and Chilli:D

PN 50t bb is my regular bashing motor. I have used more then 6 pcs since Speedy 07bb, Speedy 07 II and now PN 50t. It is the best all round motor for me.

yscheong
2011.01.14, 09:06 AM
is there plans to open this up to pancar?lexan? i am wanting to get kenon in to this hotlap challenge and maybe even the racing!i will discuss it with my guys tonight !

In my side, I don't see any problem to add more class. It is fun to have more class and more group to join.

i.e
Pan car and LeMands class (of cause lexan body allowed)
AWD Class (Which I highly looking forward)

I'll discuss with ACT and Landon about this later.

moz
2011.01.14, 09:07 AM

:):):):) Thank u sir

hrdrvr
2011.01.14, 05:06 PM
Grant, I will work on these guys for allowing pan car :D You could still run the layout and tell us how fast you are :D It just wouldn't get posted for the world to see. Would your guys be interested in the 80t lap challenge or the stock points series? If you ran that with us, it would give you some say when we go to decide rules/classes for the next round.

Chad threw in a 35t today. He was flying! He knocked me down on the mod list :( I went ahead and went for more horsepower. The 35t was scaring me so I whipped out the old Stock-R. I love the feel of the car, the motor is nice and linear, but it is so fast and powerful that I can not get the car to steer enough in the infield. I could get lower than 6.795 :( I am thinking of going back down to the ATM yellow label, but might be better off just going back to the 50t and trying out some gearing options.....

ACT
2011.01.15, 07:48 PM
You guys are insane.

The fastest we can ever get is 6.5 with a atomic chilli or a Atomic 48T motor.

:(

We will keep trying.

Regards

yasuji
2011.01.15, 09:13 PM
is this a clockwise layout or counter clockwise?

chad508
2011.01.15, 09:15 PM
clockwise.

yasuji
2011.01.15, 09:20 PM
Grant, I will work on these guys for allowing pan car :D You could still run the layout and tell us how fast you are :D It just wouldn't get posted for the world to see. Would your guys be interested in the 80t lap challenge or the stock points series? If you ran that with us, it would give you some say when we go to decide rules/classes for the next round.

i think all my club guys r interested in the racing as well as the hot lap!.... i will most likely set up this months layout on wednesday!

yscheong
2011.01.15, 10:08 PM
Good News. Welcome.

yscheong
2011.01.15, 10:12 PM
MZRC Mod class hot laps @ Mini Z Dynasty Malaysia 15/01/2011

Jeff's car Red Ferrari 360GTC doing 6.21
Joseph's car Blue Nissan 350z JGTC 2005 doing 6.26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV3T1c69fGo

kromie101
2011.01.16, 09:34 AM
it's good to be back after a little offroad fix:D.

looks like you guys are still smokin:cool:. i've got a little work to do.

LT,turn up the heat in the track room to 80 right now for friday:).

i'm down for pan but no lexan for me. i'll stick to the vds pan.i still have a pn hard pan body i might use. who makes a better front bumper for the lexan?

that was a cool video.

LT,what will it take to say our names and say it loud like in the video.i want it to echo when it says it,LOL. i'll help pay for big speakers.

yasuji
2011.01.16, 11:55 AM
it's good to be back after a little offroad fix:D.

looks like you guys are still smokin:cool:. i've got a little work to do.

LT,turn up the heat in the track room to 80 right now for friday:).

i'm down for pan but no lexan for me. i'll stick to the vds pan.i still have a pn hard pan body i might use. who makes a better front bumper for the lexan?

that was a cool video.

LT,what will it take to say our names and say it loud like in the video.i want it to echo when it says it,LOL. i'll help pay for big speakers.

i have been making front bumpers out of lexan seems good!

hrdrvr
2011.01.16, 02:39 PM
I can't wait to see what kind of lap times you guys throw down Grant!

Eric, our computer can call the laps just like that. I think we usually have too many on the track. My dad just gave up some good speakers. Ill see how loud they are. Maybe we need too hook up the pc to the stereo.

kromie101
2011.01.16, 03:24 PM
i should be down early on friday.i gotta lot of work to do;):D.

yscheong
2011.01.16, 05:26 PM
I can't wait to see what kind of lap times you guys throw down Grant!

Eric, our computer can call the laps just like that. I think we usually have too many on the track. My dad just gave up some good speakers. Ill see how loud they are. Maybe we need too hook up the pc to the stereo.

Just want to know, are you using Giro z? Did the Giro Z can announce lap time and fastest lap time like core using flip side software?

hrdrvr
2011.01.16, 05:31 PM
Jeff, Yes we are using giro-z with the standard around software. I am pretty sure it can announce every lap, but it says the persons name evey time. With a few people on the track it gets cluttered. I keep it set to annouce personal best and pace.

yasuji
2011.01.16, 06:33 PM
Jeff, Yes we are using giro-z with the standard around software. I am pretty sure it can announce every lap, but it says the persons name evey time. With a few people on the track it gets cluttered. I keep it set to annouce personal best and pace.

if u have the newest version software 1.9 build 11
go to the settings, page click on speaker, click on options and chec the box for all laps reading on free training
this should read the times without the name
then down @ the bottom of that page u can adjust the decimal positions that it reads:D

kromie101
2011.01.16, 06:48 PM
i might need wireless earphones so i can tone everything out:D.

chad508
2011.01.16, 07:39 PM
you do need to concentrate as another member of mbmzr is right on your tale for mod hot lap. and that just aint normal. either your slacking our im unslacking

yscheong
2011.01.16, 07:58 PM

if u have the newest version software 1.9 build 11
go to the settings, page click on speaker, click on options and chec the box for all laps reading on free training
this should read the times without the name
then down @ the bottom of that page u can adjust the decimal positions that it reads:D

Thanks. I'll try. I have both core and giro z. Giro z purpose is for pan car, lemans and F1. But I find out that Giro z is very quite during race. (Because we don't have race announcer) While Flip side software can set to announce the pace every minutes.

That's why till now my club member still prefer core. Now I need to explore more on the Giro Z.

hrdrvr
2011.01.16, 08:09 PM
You can set Zround to call every ones pace every minute as well. The options are highly variable for how much it calls. We usually have it set low, and have a person call the race.

kromie101
2011.01.17, 05:25 PM
chad,just wait till friday:p:D. those numbers are all gonna change:D. i hope:eek:. you must have flipped over a rail:p:). are the dots still down?

chad508
2011.01.17, 06:29 PM
last i looked they were. the track is for sure picking up some grip so topping our best should be no problem.

kromie101
2011.01.17, 07:11 PM
i got a key to cfi,i'm gonna open up for andy:D:D. i plan on getting there early;). you guys are a few laps up on me so i gotta catch up:).i'll do my best to set a bench mark for ya;).

hrdrvr
2011.01.21, 02:34 PM
We are live for the night!
http://www.stickam.com/mbmzr

Hopefully we can stay that way. We have had problems in the past with the counter and the web cam not working well together.

kromie101
2011.01.21, 08:34 PM
ok,lets hear how fast you were:p:D. we might have to break down and tech that motor. that thing is fast. you had good runs all the way around. was that the tri-shock setup? might have to try it again:rolleyes:.

chad508
2011.01.21, 08:39 PM
i'll let someone else tell as my view might be swayed a little. but I was fast, and smooth

Daddy Rabbit
2011.01.22, 11:01 AM
You had some good runs Chad, great job.
Did you guys run any more races after I left?

chad508
2011.01.22, 11:16 AM
no we just hot lapped. i figured after i smoked them in 3 races they had enough. :)

ACT
2011.01.22, 12:20 PM
Hi Guys,

Hope you had fun, we had lots of practice today and we manage to shave off more time for stock class.

Best from our side is doing 6.94 with the 80T.

We did a trial 12 minutes run and we manage to do 97 laps best.

Our series is in another 10 Hours.... Results will be posted in the evenings...

Jeff and joseph from malaysia is racing us tomorrow, jeff's car is really fast.

We have a good 8 racers for tomorrow.

See you guys on track soon.

Regards

hrdrvr
2011.01.22, 12:53 PM
Eric, I'm surprised you got a post in before Chad :) He must have been hawkin the forum waiting for you though :D

Chad, I don't know if I should say anything good. Your head might actually explode! ;) You ran awesome though. I had a really clean run in that last one too, but just couldn't keep up. You and Eric were just too fast for me. I think y'all were both cutting tighter lines, and I felt under powered!

Dad, we ran one more after you left. I barely missed 101, but Eric finished in front of me. I almost caught him at the end, but he finished .077 in front of me! No one would run another with me :(

chad508
2011.01.22, 01:17 PM
so when are you going to update the results?

hrdrvr
2011.01.22, 02:44 PM
Fred, I missed your post. It took me a long time to get that one up. Eric ran 95 and I ran 94 a couple of weeks ago. After some fine tuning and practice we hit triple digits chasing Chad!

Chad, Ill get I posted as soon as I get a few moments on the computer.

hrdrvr
2011.01.22, 05:02 PM
Okay Chad, you are on the top of the list.....

Series Race Results (click) (http://mzrc.blogspot.com/p/series-race-results.html)

Of course, only our results are posted right this second :D

I also updated the hotlap results (click) (http://mzrc.blogspot.com/p/race-results-test.html). We added some names to the list, and improved some times, but not much moving around.

kromie101
2011.01.22, 05:45 PM
well,i just finished building a little mac:D. had to get my lm back from griff and thats the one i used. the mac is back:eek::). i gotta give it a try now,for sure. after you guys running them i don't wanna be left out:D.

chad your car was like a 70 turn. your car stayed strong the whole 12 min. what batts were you running? maybe i need to break in my motor more.

my 350 was good but i want it better:D.i think i broke my trigger on the remote.i was squeezing the crap out of it trying to go faster:D.i feel the need for speed:D.

kromie101
2011.01.22, 06:01 PM
i thought chad got me on the hotlap for stock? i know it was real close,maybe i did'nt look close enough.

ACT
2011.01.22, 06:16 PM
HI Guys,

We are 4 hours from race and we are all so excited here locally.

You guys are fast and damm fast. How did you guys hit the 100 mark?

I feel we might lose this round. However we still have four more races to go.

:) Our results should be posted later this evening.

Regards

yscheong
2011.01.22, 06:33 PM
:eek: over 100 lap in 12 minutes. You guys are very fast man.

Hope we are not to behind......:D

chad508
2011.01.22, 07:17 PM
thanks guys we had a good night at racing. everyone did well and had a great time. i do believe i got the hot lap on eric in stock with my 6.751 to erics 6.754. landon may have just remembered wrong as it was done in practice and not a race. im all hyped to run next month now, except for the fact that everyone else gets to run a 70turn.

good luck to all the other guys at Atomic Colleective and Mini Z Dynasty. cant wait to see all the other results

kromie101
2011.01.22, 07:32 PM
being consistant is key,and fast also:D. out of my 100 lap run i had one 8 second lap and a few 6's,everything else was 7's.the 8 was the one that killed me fron getting my 101:(.

chad had alot of 6's and maybe 1 or 2, 8 second laps and 7's.

landon had about the same as me. a few 6's and all 7's. i don't think he got and 8.

you guys can do it.just work together on the track. we do alot of talking when we get close to each other:). thats on the track i mean:D. good luck:)

hrdrvr
2011.01.22, 07:46 PM
Chad had 31 laps in the 6s! He only had 4 in the 8s with an 8.42 as the highest one. Hot lap of 6.775.

Eric you did 8 laps in the 6s with an 8.978 and a hot lap of 6.82.

My slowest lap was a 7.827, and I had 5 laps in the 6s.

Chad's mean was 7.145, Eric's was 7.203, and mine was 7.204. You are right Eric, it doesn't get any closer than that!

In the heat of the moment I didn't get any video with the sony, but I'm pretty sure I got everything with the webcam.

Jeff, Fred, you guys can do it too! Tonight on our first run we went faster than we had gone with these motors. Chad kept laying down super clean runs with his smokin hot car, and Eric and I just had to run near perfect to keep up. Chad really elevated all of our games! Take it as some motivation to do the best you can as well! Good luck to all of you racing today!

Oh yeah, Chad, you are right. I put the hot laps down form off of the computer pages. I have your 6.751 written down, and will get it changed soon.

kromie101
2011.01.22, 08:23 PM
31 laps in the 6's,god o'll mighty:D.you should of got about 103 laps:p:D.

i'm ready to run my little mac:D. the 350 might be going on the self.

i can't believe we are gonna have to run against 70t.i bet it's gonna be even closer racing. if collin,steven,daddy rabbit and griff put it down us three could be at the bottom:(:D. it's gonna be like they have mods:eek:.

chad508
2011.01.22, 10:39 PM
with the 4 laps in the 8s and almost gettting 102 i could have had 103, but i had 4 too many mistakes. the good thing is, is that this is by far the best run ive ever had. im going to be scared if me, eric, our landon end up getting to run a 70 turn come march. at least next month we will still be even again. and with the other guys running 70 turns its going to be anyones game.

kromie101
2011.01.22, 10:52 PM
yeah you did kick our azz:D. see what happens when you have a way faster motor:).

chad508
2011.01.22, 11:30 PM
come on you were only .004 slower in fast lap. pretty close if you ask me.

kromie101
2011.01.22, 11:58 PM
dude,it must have been batts. mine faded it felt like. maybe i need to go to the quttero. might be time for new batts.

hrdrvr
2011.01.23, 10:53 AM
Alvin rocked the house! 102 in 12:06! Check out the results. We are still standing pretty good, but they run next week again at MZD!!

kromie101
2011.01.23, 11:29 AM
WOW,Good run alvin:cool:. man he killed it. what have you done to your motor? are you running silver brushes? i'm wondering if we should get some:D. that had to be a flawless race. that was some starwars jedi stuff right there:D. good job.

uuuuuuuuum LT,do not take down the track:p:D. lets go one more round. i don't mind 2nd,but third i don't think so:p:D. i wanna try and beat that chad guy:p:). cya

ACT
2011.01.23, 01:08 PM
Hi,

Well yes you are right, Alvin was running on silver brushes and powered by Orion HV 900 batteries.

His run was almost flawless, lap after lap taking very very close lines.

MZD will be running next week. Let's see more action.

Regards

WOW,Good run alvin:cool:. man he killed it. what have you done to your motor? are you running silver brushes? i'm wondering if we should get some:D. that had to be a flawless race. that was some starwars jedi stuff right there:D. good job.

uuuuuuuuum LT,do not take down the track:p:D. lets go one more round. i don't mind 2nd,but third i don't think so:p:D. i wanna try and beat that chad guy:p:). cya

Neil
2011.01.23, 01:28 PM
Alvin rocked the house! 102 in 12:06! Check out the results. We are still standing pretty good, but they run next week again at MZD!!
thanks I've just got lucky that's all. :D I'm sure anyone can do it too.

Hi,
Well yes you are right, Alvin was running on silver brushes and powered by Orion HV 900 batteries.
His run was almost flawless, lap after lap taking very very close lines.
nah still got quite a few decent minor mistakes. greedy lines never pay well. hehe

chad508
2011.01.23, 03:12 PM
oh we have to run again next friday for sure. i new 102 and even 103 could be done. good run alvin. lets see what we all can do with another run on this layout before the month is out.

kromie101
2011.01.23, 03:15 PM
alvin,thats not luck:p:D. that is some mad skills. i bet you had your race face on:).

i think i wanna give it maybe one more try:D. might have to break down and get some silver brushes:eek:.

Kerk
2011.01.23, 07:08 PM
That's a Double Series Champ marking his return! Congrats!!

kromie101
2011.01.23, 07:54 PM
guess what i just ordered from reflex? tri shock and qteq t bar:D.

chad508
2011.01.23, 08:36 PM
i had a rr tri shock setup i would have traded for the one i just got from you. i thought you didnt like to run it. i just placed an order as well. i got a gift card for xmas that i had to use. all i got was some rims though.

moz
2011.01.24, 12:34 AM
12:06 in 102 laps:eek:...thats superb:cool:...any secrets over there Mr Alvin:D...very2 fast,clean run n yea man u did rocked the house...no way MZD can eat that this week

hrdrvr
2011.01.24, 07:21 AM
Hey, you guys missed your chance! I tried to get y'all to run another one! :D

Alvin, maybe luck had something to do with it, but I am sure skill handled most of it :D I had a very good run, and good luck, just no speed :( What gearing were you running? Do remember what your hot lap was from that run?

Kerk, He marked his return strong! :D

Jeff, don't think you cannot do it :D Anything is possible...that's what makes racing so much fun ;)

Neil
2011.01.24, 10:24 AM
hi guys, thanks for the compliments. no secret, gearing is at 4.0(64pitch 52T spur/13T pinion). Sufficient steering help me get the lines i prefer and tackles infield better. But somehow, i tend to over do it and make it bit too twitchy. Kerk tipped fellow racers about F430 cover handles alot better with a decent spoiler. Thrown 1 mothership sized spoiler and the car handles pretty obediently with Kyosho's grippiest rear rubbers.

Jeff, come on i'm sure u can do it!

have a great week ahead my friends! :D

kromie101
2011.01.24, 05:52 PM
chad i need tires anyhow. either way i would have had to spend money:). plus the RR tri shock looks more compact.

not sure what the chart shows but my gearing was 53 spur 14 pinion. mine felt good at the begining but really felt like it feel of quick.

maybe i need to cycle my batts better.

hrdrvr
2011.01.26, 03:52 PM
Hey guys! I did a little work to the motor (still stock brushes), and got a lot more power out of it :D I am steady clicking out 6.8s now, and got down to a 6.72 without even really pushing for it! I think I have Chad rethinking a re-run this Friday, but I am down like Charlie Brown!......if we can get some peeps to run before 5, lol.

Eric, how early do you think you and the boys will be down? If Chad gets there early, and one of them can be ready to drop straight onto the track, I may be able to get a valid run in too!

BTW, I had a pack with about 50+ laps on it. I swapped back to the little Mac, and threw it down. I knocked out 12 6.XXs, and a 7.054, in the first 13 laps. With the hot batteries I was steady in the 6.7x-6.8x range!

kromie101
2011.01.26, 04:16 PM
i'm leaving charleston now and going home to work on my motor:D. the boys can't make it till 5:30, me either:p. are you leaving at 5? i'll see what i can do for ya:D. thats a whole lot faster.

chad508
2011.01.26, 04:38 PM
steven called earlier and said he is more than likely coming but probably after 5pm.

yasuji
2011.01.26, 09:51 PM
so... i laid out the track this afternoon @ kenon and didnt get done till jus b4 closing time...the track was green and bumpy as i was able to get in a few laps b4 i had to go home!
6.304 was my fast lap with used tires and a base line set up and a mosler body
33 t motor:D
can we still run this event? id like to have my guys run this race on this coming friday
lmk so i can tell my club!

yscheong
2011.01.26, 10:14 PM
so... i laid out the track this afternoon @ kenon and didnt get done till jus b4 closing time...the track was green and bumpy as i was able to get in a few laps b4 i had to go home!
can we still run this event? id like to have my guys run this race on this coming friday

Great. MZD will race at 29-01-2011. I think we are the last one to race at the 1st race.

Good luck to all race in Kenon, MZBZR and MZD.

chad508
2011.01.26, 10:22 PM
all though i'd love to see socal get into this series, i think ya'll should be handicapped at least 1 minute. Dude i've seen ya'll run its insane. all jokes aside im sure i speak for all and would like to see you and others join in on the fun. can't wait to see what im up against.

hrdrvr
2011.01.27, 07:15 AM
Grant, I hope you realize that you are going to have to provide video footage of your hotlaps, lol. Most of us have seen you, so we understand how ballistic you are. These other clubs may have some trouble swallowing you going a half second faster than us, lol.

Good luck and have fun with it!

ACT
2011.01.27, 08:01 PM
Hi,

Of course you can still run the event.

Please send me a email via info.mzrc@gmail.com and I will send you the link for the results updates.

Please note picture uploaded and have the transponder system setup before the straight.

We all start on the the straight therefore the first lap timing is about 13.00 and more.

See you soon.

Regards
Fred

yasuji
2011.01.27, 08:30 PM
Hi,

Of course you can still run the event.

Please send me a email via info.mzrc@gmail.com and I will send you the link for the results updates.

Please note picture uploaded and have the transponder system setup before the straight.

We all start on the the straight therefore the first lap timing is about 13.00 and more.

See you soon.

Regards
Fred

sent the request last night and resent it again a few min ago... did u get it?

kromie101
2011.01.28, 05:17 PM
well i finally did it,got down to a 6.226:D. i ran the mosler and a 33t.

it was the motor i got from you grant at the worlds. that thing screams:eek::D. i had a 35t before that, but the 33t felt smoother. did you hand wind that motor?
i wanna find out how i can get a few more from ya if thats cool?please pm me how i can:).

i was blown away how fast and smooth it was. i'm kicking my self in the butt for not trying it earlier:(.

my stock is just not that fast to me. but i guess you just have to be consistant.i'm ready to move on to the feb track:).

yasuji
2011.01.29, 01:58 AM
well i finally did it,got down to a 6.226:D. i ran the mosler and a 33t.

it was the motor i got from you grant at the worlds. that thing screams:eek::D. i had a 35t before that, but the 33t felt smoother. did you hand wind that motor?
i wanna find out how i can get a few more from ya if thats cool?please pm me how i can:).

i was blown away how fast and smooth it was. i'm kicking my self in the butt for not trying it earlier:(.

my stock is just not that fast to me. but i guess you just have to be consistant.i'm ready to move on to the feb track:).

u do know that i build race motors for a living....;)
fyi... the armature is stock pnwc33t not hand wound!
there are a few trade secrets that i cant say but in short it is blueprinted!;)

we ran our MZRC event tonight! i will update the times tomorro as i am tired!
just a few highlights from our race and hlc
stock hlc:
chad n=6.341 80t 430gt
james d=6.398 80t 430gt
mod hlc:
chad=5.943 33t 430gt
grant=5.968 33t mosler
mzrc 80t
chad n 106 12:06.789
james d 105 12:04.266
cant wait for the next one!:D

kromie101
2011.01.29, 07:21 AM
thats just not right:). i did'nt expect anything less:D. MAN you guys were rollin.

we figured you guys would hit a 5.9:cool:

thats alot of laps,6.3 in stock. are you running nuclear powered batts:D.

chad508
2011.01.29, 07:44 AM
thats just plan insane. like eric said it about what we espected. i need to learn some of those trade secrets. do you offer you build skills to the general public, for a fee of course?

yscheong
2011.01.29, 01:19 PM
Some update for MZD

Ahmad 105 12.03.87
Jeff 104 12.01.17

Looking forward to Feb race.

ACT
2011.01.30, 12:42 PM
Hi all,

Congrats to all the drivers that took part in this event.

It was really GREAT fun especially when we get to pit against world's best drivers.

Our regular series race will never be the same every again.

Let's look forward to the next race.

ACT will be holding a 2 hours endurance race on the new layout to run in the track.

Seeya GUys soon :)

hrdrvr
2011.01.30, 02:43 PM
Well, tomorrow is the last day of the month, so i guess we are close to being done. I guess some hot laps may be updated, but I think we have all run our 12 minute mains.

The points are very interesting. As I thought Chad N from SoCal Mini-Z threw down the only 106 lap run to take the win. He will start the series out with the lead, but there are others who are close enough to challenge :D Ahmad (MZD) and James (also from SoCal) both put down impressive 105 lap runs, and Jeff (MZD) wasn't far behind with 104. It was a pretty close top 5 with about 2 laps separating 1st and 5th. The next group of 5 was even tighter. From 6th (Alvin/ATC) to 10th (Landon/MBMZR was barely over a lap! This is a tight group, and points will be very crucial between us to move up the ranks. We need to make some ground on the leaders too!

I think Hadi is going to be the one to watch next round! All though he finished 8th overall, he was 4th for the MZD crew, which will mean he has the option to go to a 70t motor next time. The 70t/80t thing I think worked out pretty fair. All though Hadi has a tad of an advantage, the 12 80t participants all finished in the top 14, so I say so far, it looks like its working as planned.

I can't wait til the next one! It looks like it will be a faster layout, which should turn up even closer 12 minute runs!

kromie101
2011.01.30, 07:07 PM
those guys will still go faster than a guy with a 70t:D. it is gonna be cool to see how it's gonna play out with 70t and 80t. should be fun:).

LT, are we gonna run some 12 min runs on the new layout this weekend?

chad508
2011.01.30, 07:31 PM
i know i will be there friday to run for sure. and it looks like steven as well, hopefully his new chassis gets here, and if landon gets his body done he will need a good night of tuning

yscheong
2011.01.30, 09:32 PM
Well, tomorrow is the last day of the month, so i guess we are close to being done. I guess some hot laps may be updated, but I think we have all run our 12 minute mains.

The points are very interesting. As I thought Chad N from SoCal Mini-Z threw down the only 106 lap run to take the win. He will start the series out with the lead, but there are others who are close enough to challenge :D Ahmad (MZD) and James (also from SoCal) both put down impressive 105 lap runs, and Jeff (MZD) wasn't far behind with 104. It was a pretty close top 5 with about 2 laps separating 1st and 5th. The next group of 5 was even tighter. From 6th (Alvin/ATC) to 10th (Landon/MBMZR was barely over a lap! This is a tight group, and points will be very crucial between us to move up the ranks. We need to make some ground on the leaders too!

I think Hadi is going to be the one to watch next round! All though he finished 8th overall, he was 4th for the MZD crew, which will mean he has the option to go to a 70t motor next time. The 70t/80t thing I think worked out pretty fair. All though Hadi has a tad of an advantage, the 12 80t participants all finished in the top 14, so I say so far, it looks like its working as planned.

I can't wait til the next one! It looks like it will be a faster layout, which should turn up even closer 12 minute runs!

Nice conclusion. The 12 80T driver will need more speed in order to compete with 80t. Any one try PN Racing High Power Pure Silver Brushes?? I using the normal silver brush only.....

yasuji
2011.01.30, 11:29 PM
i know chad nelson was using the 80t with std brushes and r1990 batterys charged @ 1 amp!
some of the drivers opted for the silver brush and 750 cells as well!
i know that our track was not @ optimum as it had only been layed out for just 3 days and no one drove on it but me for 1 pack of battery.
we wont be setting up the feb race layout till after the TEKIN MINIZ NATS
we need to practice on a larger more technical layout in hopes of being competitive !
this is an awesome format and i love the 2 aspects in one of this series!
all of my club guys appreciate all that is involved in putting this series together!
as a race club championship this is on the top of my list
again thankyou!
CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!

hrdrvr
2011.01.31, 07:01 AM
Nice conclusion. The 12 80T driver will need more speed in order to compete with 80t. Any one try PN Racing High Power Pure Silver Brushes?? I using the normal silver brush only.....

I need more speed to compete with the other 80t drivers! LOL :D I will be trying out the silver brushes this month for sure. I am also going to try some things out with brush tension, and will report back what I find. Once I get the new layout down, I will be collecting some data, and making some changes :D

i know chad nelson was using the 80t with std brushes and r1990 batterys charged @ 1 amp!
some of the drivers opted for the silver brush and 750 cells as well!
i know that our track was not @ optimum as it had only been layed out for just 3 days and no one drove on it but me for 1 pack of battery.
we wont be setting up the feb race layout till after the TEKIN MINIZ NATS
we need to practice on a larger more technical layout in hopes of being competitive !
this is an awesome format and i love the 2 aspects in one of this series!
all of my club guys appreciate all that is involved in putting this series together!
as a race club championship this is on the top of my list
again thankyou!
CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!

Go ahead, Grant, rub it in that y'all are gonna school us more when you get a chance to really put the time in on a layout :D At least it won't be this month right? :D:p

Good luck at the TEKIN race! We have an event coming up at the end of the month, so we will get limited time on the new set up as well. I'm hoping we set the bar a little higher this time!

We appreciate you guys participating too Grant! It is a good format, and a very cool way to race people from all over the globe. You guys are mad fast too, so it will be very good to have a high benchmark to reach for.

Guys, I started a thread for the new month! I will have the layout down soon, but I expect to have some new discussion about gearing, batteries, and everything else, as this layout is going to be quite a bit quicker. I think speed/power is going to be even more important this month :eek:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=404472#post404472

Chad-Nelson
2011.01.31, 08:12 AM
Hi all,

Congrats to all the drivers that took part in this event.

It was really GREAT fun especially when we get to pit against world's best drivers.

Our regular series race will never be the same every again.

Let's look forward to the next race.

ACT will be holding a 2 hours endurance race on the new layout to run in the track.

Seeya GUys soon :)

Hi every one,had a great time racing,I want to thank Grant for puting the race on,every one that race had fun.Look out for James he was supper fast,he had some bad luck in that race,Thanks every one for letting us join the :)fun

moz
2011.02.01, 07:38 PM
Hello Chad-Nelson.....saw your face always smile every where in pic:D....maybe that is the key to go supperfast:D....any chance to post pic of your supperfast ride here maybe....thx,Ahmad