PDA

View Full Version : The Capital Challenge, Gaithersburg, MD

Pages : [1] 2

VAzRACER
2011.01.10, 06:52 PM
Thats right, The Capital Challenge, the first big race to come to the DC area. With the help of a local hobby shop, The Track, we now have a sutable location to host large events and we are going to kick things off right.

Sponsor List
DG Designs
Reflex Racing
R1 Wurks

16806 Oakmont Ave.
Gaithersburg, MD 20877

Date: February 25th and 26th

Schedule:Friday practice from 1pm-9pm
Saturday doors open at 8am and racing starts at noon

The shop opens at 10am Friday but we wont have the track up until
around 1. Me and Mike should be there around 11 or 12 to setup.

Entry Fee: $30.00

Classes: Stock, Modified and Hatchback.

Rules:

PN rules apply. 5min heats, 10min A mains. All other mains 5min. Bump ups from all mains. 3 rounds of qualifying. Awards to the top three in each class.

Stock-70t motor (RR 70t for handout)
175 gram weight limit
45mm wing height
90-102 wheelbase
No LM or pan car bodies. No lexan
No FET limit
Rubber tires only
Kyosho 2wd/awd chassis only
4 aaa cells only

Modified-No motor limit
175 weight limit
45mm wing height
90-102 wheelbase
Any body including LM, pan car and lexan bodies.
Any electronics
Rubber tires only
Any chassis including aftermarket
4 aaa cells or LiFe cells with 70t motor

Hatchback-No motor limit
No weight limit
90-94mm wheelbase only
Only hatchback type asc bodies allowed
No fet limit
Narrow tires front and rear. No wide rear tires.
Rubber tires only
Kyosho 2wd/awd chassis only
4 aaa cells only

Legal bodies for the Hatchback class

Lancia Delta
Ford Focus
Renault Megane
08 Subaru Impreza WRC
Mini Cooper
Toyota Vitz
Honda Fit
VW Golf GTI
VW Golf R32

We will be using Giroz so if you have your own transponder please bring it. I have 2 loaners but if you choose to use one of mine you will have to pass it around all day. Landon(hrdrvr) will be bringing his transponders with him and they will be available for use for $5.00. That way if you dont want to hassle with turning the transponders in after every race you can have you own for the day for a small fee.

If you have any questions regarding rules or the race please feel free to ask, being the first time I've done this I know there bound to be some things I missed.

Hotel info
Summerfield Suites Hotel
One & Two Bedroom Suites...ideal for teams or large groups!
200 Skidmore Blvd.
Gaithersburg, Md.
301-527-6000 x505
Price: approx. $140.00/2 bdrm with living room

Comfort Inn
16216 S. Frederick Rd.
Gaithersburg, Md.
301-330-0023
Price: approx. $69.00/double

Red Roof Inn
16001 Shady Grove Rd.
Gaithersburg, Md.
301-987-0965
Price: approx. $79.00/double

VAzRACER
2011.01.10, 06:53 PM
Drivers List-

Stock
Mike Keely
Matt Ward
Chad M.
Raymond C.
Larry F.
EMU
Igor
John
Eric H.
Collin H.
Griffin H. (sportsman)
Andy
Brandon
Maya
Landon
Karl Hoffmister
Vanwagner
Bill C.
Gary JR
Gary SR
Seth
Saint
Nat
Rob
Richard Siriano
Sun
Cristian
Ed C.
Gregg H.
Mike M.
Sammy S.
Sam G.
Junior
Maj
Bill Cooney
Pete M

Mod
Mike Keely
Matt Ward
Chad M.
Larry F.
EMU
Mike Gee
Eric H.
Collin H.
Andy
Landon
Bill C.
Gary SR
Seth
Saint
Richard Seriano
Gregg H.
Mike M.
Sammy S.
Sam G.
Maj
Junior
Bill Cooney

Hatchback
Matt Ward
Chad M.
Raymond C.
Larry F.
EMU
Igor
Eric H.
Andy
Brandon
Maya
Landon
Bill C.
Gary SR
Sun
Ed C.
Gregg H.
Sam G.
Junior
Maj

EMU
2011.01.10, 07:30 PM
Looks good... does the RX-7 FC3S count as a Hatch?

I assume that VW GTI/R32 would... I think it would be a good idea to come up with a concrete list of what bodies are and are not allowed. With no motor limit, and skinny rear tires/wheels... this should be a fun class to try to get the power down. I definitely want to run this class.

I am trying to make arrangements now so I can attend the event :)

Are there any chassis restrictions, Kyosho, 2wd/awd, can we use any available chassis on the market?

lfisminiz
2011.01.10, 07:34 PM
Weather permitting, sounds great. Matt, i agree with Eugene. Probably should come up with a list of bodies for "HATCH" class and use only those bodies.;)

Mike Keely
2011.01.10, 07:43 PM
Should be able to set up a regional size track. Please let us know if you plan on attending so we know how many stock motors to order. EMU try to get Sai to come. Richie from Brooklyn Hobbies said that he will come and bring some of his crew. Landon is bringing his crew. I think that we will be able to get about 15 of our locals and 10 out of towners that would be a good amount for our first race.

Put me down for stock and mod. Thanks MK

lfisminiz
2011.01.10, 07:59 PM
Matt - could you give a list of "GOOD" hotels close by.

Mike - i plan on being there.:)

bermbuster
2011.01.10, 08:41 PM
Im going to try and make this race for sure.....
Awesome to see a venue where we can get a lot of East Coast drivers
under one roof....Hats off to Matt and Mike for making this happen....

Mike Keely
2011.01.10, 08:54 PM
Go to rctrack.com she has some hotels on her web site.

VAzRACER
2011.01.10, 08:57 PM
Emu-The Rx-7, while it is kind of a hatchback I'm gonna have to say it isnt allowed. The gti is. The rules have been updated with chassis restictions. The narrow tire rule should make things interesting. It will make people tune a setup they are not used to dealing with.

Emu/Larry-I will work up a list of bodies that are allowed and add it to the first post.

Larry-I will do a search for hotels and try top find some good ones.

Berm-It would be great if you can make it. I think with us being in the middle of the miniz areas on the east coast should make for some good races and cut down on the ammount of travel time.

Mike-thanks for filling in what I left out.

chad508
2011.01.10, 09:13 PM
well ive been waiting for this thread to pop up. ive already taken that friday off. so put me down for all 3. the hatch class sounds interesting to say the least. im going to have to practice way ahead for this one.

arch2b
2011.01.10, 09:20 PM
put me down for stock and hatch :) is the 240z legal for hatch? it's literally a hatch back and all narrow wheels.

can't thank you enough for putting this together and i look forward to this very much.

lfisminiz
2011.01.10, 09:32 PM
Emu-The Rx-7, while it is kind of a hatchback I'm gonna have to say it isnt allowed. The gti is. The rules have been updated with chassis restictions. The narrow tire rule should make things interesting. It will make people tune a setup they are not used to dealing with.

Emu/Larry-I will work up a list of bodies that are allowed and add it to the first post.

Larry-I will do a search for hotels and try top find some good ones.

Berm-It would be great if you can make it. I think with us being in the middle of the miniz areas on the east coast should make for some good races and cut down on the ammount of travel time.

Mike-thanks for filling in what I left out.

Matt/Mike, thanks for info.
Put me down for all 3 classes. Depending on amount of people i may do 2. If its a large spread out event, then 3.;):)

VAzRACER
2011.01.10, 09:41 PM
Hotel info added, list of legal bodies added to first post

EMU
2011.01.10, 10:47 PM
Pencil me in for all three classes.

I want to put a fast motor in my Hatch, but something tells me its a bad idea :rolleyes: I can barely get the power down from a 70t in my RX-7 (which was a Mini-Cooper last week) with skinny rear tires, so im thinking that adding more motor would only hurt. That is something we will have to see in practice... I have a few bodies to test before the race. I know the Mini is pretty balanced with narrows all around, I will have to see about some of the others that I have. Have to look for my GTI now :rolleyes:

Skv012a
2011.01.10, 10:52 PM
I'll probably do stock and hatch classes, have NEVER used my Vitz and Focus could use a workout.

chad508
2011.01.10, 10:55 PM
i didnt see it posted but how many qualifiers?

VAzRACER
2011.01.10, 11:02 PM
i didnt see it posted but how many qualifiers?

There will be three. I will edit it into the first post In the morning. I'm using my phone right now.

geeunit1014
2011.01.10, 11:34 PM
I will be there for mod :D

Matt/Mike, I can be there as early as you need to help with setup.

FYI to travellers: From my experiences racing at The Track, the Comfort Inn is the best option, it is the closest, and free hot breakfast (waffles, etc)

Mike Keely
2011.01.11, 07:03 AM
Thanks Gee. Lets wait until we get closer to the race and make some plans. I am sure Mimi would come in at 11 for us to set up the track. I have to do payroll for my guys that day otherwise I would just take off that Friday. Please talk to Matt for input about designing the track layout. Matt has the program but we have to get a full count of our track first so we know what we have to use. I think we have 5 wide L tracks and 7 long radius inside turns plus 10 blank tiles. I think I will order another blank tile kit so we will have a full three tiles wide straight and sweeper.

Mike Keely
2011.01.11, 07:05 AM

FYI to travellers: From my experiences racing at The Track, the Comfort Inn is the best option, it is the closest, and free hot breakfast (waffles, etc)

I am sure Gary has another car you could use to run stock if you wanted to.

Traveler
2011.01.11, 07:35 AM
Matt,

I'd like to make this event and would guess Jay would too. Will talk to some of the others from HSH this week.

Marwan

mleemor60
2011.01.11, 07:38 AM

If I can make it my box would be open to you as it was at the ALS race.

imxlr8ed
2011.01.11, 08:43 AM
Is Friday just practice or is there qualifying that day?

Sorry, just re-read. So qualifying and mains are all on Saturday... cool.

Traveler
2011.01.11, 08:47 AM
Its probably too early to tell given you don't have a complete driver's list yet, but if racing starts at noon on Saturday, any idea when it will end? Trying to work out logistics of 6 hour return trip.

VAzRACER
2011.01.11, 09:40 AM
Matt,

I'd like to make this event and would guess Jay would too. Will talk to some of the others from HSH this week.

Marwan

Its probably too early to tell given you don't have a complete driver's list yet, but if racing starts at noon on Saturday, any idea when it will end? Trying to work out logistics of 6 hour return trip.

It be great if you and Jay could make it, defenitly talk to the other guys a HSH and see if there is any interest. As far as a finish time, since I've never really done this before I cant say for sure but I would think somewhere between 6-8 as a ball park guess

Is Friday just practice or is there qualifying that day?

Sorry, just re-read. So qualifying and mains are all on Saturday... cool.

Your correct, all the heats and mains are Saturday. You thinking about coming down? It be great to race with you again, I think its been over a year since I last saw you.

Emu-I was thinking the same thing. I want to try a 50t or maybe a 43t in my mini but I think it may be too much for the tires. I ned to mess with it this weekend and see what happens and also play around with some different tires.

VAzRACER
2011.01.11, 09:41 AM
First post updated with our first sponsor.

3c Designs

Thanks Dave!

VAzRACER
2011.01.11, 10:42 AM
First post updated again with another sponsor and provider of the handout motors for stock.

Reflex Racing

Thanks Cristian!

double_green
2011.01.11, 01:25 PM
Hi Mike,

I posted and PM'd you on the 'The Track' thread in the RC Tech forum. I wanted to post here so that I can be added to the driver's list. As mentioned previously, I'll be running my MR03 in the stock class.

I'm looking forward to my second Mini-z race event. I had a great time at the ALS charity race in 2010 and I'm sure this event will be just as fun. Hopefully, I'll do a little better this time around :D

-John

Mike Keely
2011.01.11, 04:41 PM
Hi John, glad to here your going to make it. You should come out to our weekly runs before the Feb. race to get you faster for the event. All of the guys are friendly and you met all of them at the ALS race but you might not have known it at the time. Matt and I are there on Sat. and always glad to help anyone out.

Mike Keely
2011.01.11, 04:51 PM
Anyone coming from out of town might want to bring the family. DC has some of the best museums in the country with no fee to get it. DC is about 35 minutes from the track. Metro rail is very close to the track and has stops at the national mall where the major museums are located.

kromie101
2011.01.11, 05:50 PM
matt, any chance of having a sportsman class/beginner? i want griffin to race and he's 11 and hate if he mess's up somebodys run.if not he's gotta run with the big dogs:D. i know that just adds to the program so no big deal:).just thought i'd throw that out there:).

how many go to the mains?there is gonna be a stacked crowd for this race:cool:. thanks eric

put me down for all 3

collin for stock and mod

griffin stock

VAzRACER
2011.01.11, 06:17 PM
matt, any chance of having a sportsman class/beginner? i want griffin to race and he's 11 and hate if he mess's up somebodys run.if not he's gotta run with the big dogs:D. i know that just adds to the program so no big deal:).just thought i'd throw that out there:).

how many go to the mains?there is gonna be a stacked crowd for this race:cool:. thanks eric

put me down for all 3

collin for stock and mod

griffin stock

We can play the sportsman class by ear. If there is enough when it comes time to race then it shouldnt be a problem to throw it in there. There wont be any awards though.

I'm thinking 8 to the mains since the track will be big and there are no bumps.

kromie101
2011.01.11, 06:34 PM
man,no bumps thats what i'm best at:D. going old school, they never bumped back in the day. you made the show or ya did'nt.

thats cool,maybe there will be some new guys or some youngsters that might make it out. looking forward to coming back up north. i want my old pit spot at mimi's:D.

matt,if i run the renault body is it cool to run the stock wheels? i've been playing around with it,pretty fun.

VAzRACER
2011.01.11, 07:09 PM
Eric-They have to be narrow wheels and tires front and rear.

chad508
2011.01.11, 07:14 PM
if you want eric you can have my stock front wheels so they will match.

kromie101
2011.01.11, 07:43 PM
sounds cool chad. now i need to paint them to match.

matt, what is the reason for doing this. just to add a little twist,just curious:D.i don't think i've ever tried running like that,i guess it's time to:D.

VAzRACER
2011.01.11, 08:12 PM
Yea, just to switch things up a bit and to help level the playing feild between 90 and 94mm cars. Right now it sounds like the feils will be half an half on the wheelbase. It is also to make people think out side of the box and tune something they are not used to. Really, there isnt much of a difference running narrow rears with a 70t. It might be a different story with a little more power though.

kromie101
2011.01.11, 08:55 PM
dude,i'm up for something different:).not sure if it matters but, my transponder is #10 collins is 16 and griffs is 19.

chad,do you have any new 20 front radials?:D.

lfisminiz
2011.01.11, 09:09 PM
Matt, i have transponder # 23 and #14.

pedrocamp
2011.01.11, 09:17 PM
Matt,

Gonna try my best to hitch a ride with Marwan and Jay. I would love to come race with you guys and run at The Track again, I raced TC there years ago!

Skv012a
2011.01.11, 09:26 PM
Legal bodies for the Hatchback class

Lancia Delta
Ford Focus
Renault Megane
08 Subaru Impreza WRC
Mini Cooper
Toyota Vitz
Honda Fit
VW Golf GTI
VW Golf R32

I'm surprised no one asked about using 86 Corollas. They're as hatchback as hatchback gets. So, are 86s ok and you forgot about that one or?

VAzRACER
2011.01.11, 09:30 PM
dude,i'm up for something different:).not sure if it matters but, my transponder is #10 collins is 16 and griffs is 19.

Matt, i have transponder # 23 and #14.

Personal transponder numbers are good to know. Anyone else that has one please post your #,s so I can get them into the computer before the race. Thanks.

Matt,

Gonna try my best to hitch a ride with Marwan and Jay. I would love to come race with you guys and run at The Track again, I raced TC there years ago!

That be great if you could make it, I was curious to see how many people we would get to come up here. I keep finding more and more people that have ties to The Track and I think it will help make this race big and maybe help miniz in our area grow.

VAzRACER
2011.01.11, 09:37 PM
I'm surprised no one asked about using 86 Corollas. They're as hatchback as hatchback gets. So, are 86s ok and you forgot about that one or?

I think of a hatch bach as something having a full or extended roof line. The corolla while it does have a hatch still resembles a coupe and bodies like that would be more like racing a standard body type. Plus a bunch of other bodies would fall into the same catagory and it would open the door for too many bodies and make the class no different than the others.

chad508
2011.01.11, 09:46 PM

you know i do. i just put some on a set of narrows to try out.

i have another question, can we use semi wides in the rear.

also i have transponders 15 and 21

VAzRACER
2011.01.11, 09:55 PM
i have another question, can we use semi wides in the rear.

also i have transponders 15 and 21

Narrow 8.5mm only.

Thanks for the numbers.

geeunit1014
2011.01.12, 12:10 AM
Thanks Gee. Lets wait until we get closer to the race and make some plans. I am sure Mimi would come in at 11 for us to set up the track. I have to do payroll for my guys that day otherwise I would just take off that Friday. Please talk to Matt for input about designing the track layout. Matt has the program but we have to get a full count of our track first so we know what we have to use. I think we have 5 wide L tracks and 7 long radius inside turns plus 10 blank tiles. I think I will order another blank tile kit so we will have a full three tiles wide straight and sweeper.

I have no idea how many tiles that adds up to lol, im sure matt does though. Im sure we can come up with something good. With 7 radiused corners, there are a lot of possibilities I can think of that would be fun :D

I will see about running stock, typically I dont like running multiple classes because I lose focus on one car or the other, but if there are enough people that it wouldnt be too bad I just may ;)

Good to see this race building hype so fast, I cant wait to see everyone again :) It will be weird for me not running my 1/10 car at mimis lol

VAzRACER
2011.01.12, 09:12 AM
Gee,

I think were just gonna have to count the track. I think Mike and the guys have a little more that three L's and I think I have a little less. I am ordering a expansion pack with all the blanks and the wide oval that has two nice sweeper turns included . We should have enough track to do whatever we want. We should end up with 50 blanks and 11 wied turns.

Daddy Rabbit
2011.01.12, 09:46 AM
Matt,
Put me down for all three classes.
My transponder number is #22.
You guys need to have another race this summer so I can come up there and eat some of those Maryland blue crabs.
This looks like it is turning out to be a great event.

VAzRACER
2011.01.12, 10:12 AM
Matt,
Put me down for all three classes.
My transponder number is #22.
You guys need to have another race this summer so I can come up there and eat some of those Maryland blue crabs.
This looks like it is turning out to be a great event.

Your added. We will see about having a summer race, having two races a year shouldnt be too bad. When the time comes we will figure something out.

arch2b
2011.01.12, 12:47 PM
put me down for transponder #13.

there is a LARGE contingent of large scale racers that are familiar with mimi's. the trouble has always been getting them to take 1:28 seriously. as others can attest to, it's not been easy.

kromie101
2011.01.12, 05:01 PM
matt,i might have told you wrong. collin is 19 and griffin 16. what ever you have they can switch if need be.

are there gonna be any of those cookies:D? maybe little mini-z cookies:D.

mleemor60
2011.01.12, 05:28 PM
It is too far out for me to solidly plan but put me down for #5 or#6. If I gain some more strength and can get my driving privelages back I am planning on being there.

Mike Keely
2011.01.12, 05:59 PM
Matt, I should be at the track tomorrow and I will try to remember to count the track we have.

Gee, the last time I raced there was about 5 years ago running 1/12th scale.

VAzRACER
2011.01.12, 06:58 PM
Mike-no rush on getting the track count, I wont be able to count what I have for a week or two since its being stored at a friends house. We have time to figure it all out.

geeunit1014
2011.01.14, 12:28 PM
Just a few more FYI's for everyone:

You dont need tables and chairs, they are provided at the track.
You wont need an extension cord, but you'll probably want to bring a power strip
Mimi has soda machines and munchies for sale at the track
If you know what Red Hot and Blue is, there is one only half a mile from the track :D

EMU
2011.01.14, 01:24 PM
I broke my hatch body in testing yesterday :( Have to get a new one now.

Thanks for the info Mike ;) What is Red Hot and Blue?

Mike Keely
2011.01.14, 01:33 PM
Great rib joint! You can't go if you have a colesterol count above 100.

hrdrvr
2011.01.14, 01:53 PM
We need to get EMU to eat a plate of ribs right before the mains!!

Action B
2011.01.14, 02:55 PM
Please put me down for hatchback and stock class.

Maya too tentatively.

lfisminiz
2011.01.14, 03:02 PM
Hey Brandon.........weather permitting, ill be comming. We will get to talk.;):)

hilldebrandt
2011.01.14, 05:16 PM
Would a PT Cruiser would be considered a hatchback body ?

VAzRACER
2011.01.14, 06:35 PM

Yes, I missed that one. I'll add it to the list asap.

vash
2011.01.14, 06:53 PM
I'm in for stock and mod. hatchback sounds like it would be cool to run and would like to but don't know if I can run three classes. hard enough for me to run two

geeunit1014
2011.01.14, 09:15 PM
Great rib joint! You can't go if you have a colesterol count above 100.

Yup, Memphis style BBQ. Everything is good. Mandatory trip after practice friday :D

lfisminiz
2011.01.14, 09:38 PM
Yup, Memphis style BBQ. Everything is good. Mandatory trip after practice friday :D

Sounds good!:)

Mike Keely
2011.01.15, 08:33 AM

Count me in!!!

Mike Keely
2011.01.15, 08:35 AM
I broke my hatch body in testing yesterday :( Have to get a new one now.

Thanks for the info Mike ;) What is Red Hot and Blue?

Is Stu and Sai coming with you?

Scrapper
2011.01.15, 08:42 AM
If i can i will i love races that allow awd, I have mine dialed
How close is it to where als race was

arch2b
2011.01.15, 08:49 AM
no, it's not. maybe 30-45 minutes away. als is above the beltway, mimi's is in the rockville area or east of the beltway. when your dealing with teh beltway, traffic can kill you regarding time. you either get smooth sailing or gridlock, it's a crap shoot. last time i drove to als it took almost 2 hours for an hour drive.

arch2b
2011.01.15, 04:59 PM
for the hatch class, what seems to be the leading choice for bodies? am i wrong to assume most will chose a 94mm for the wheelbase?

i'd like to stick with my 90mm chassis but there are some nice body choices such as the 2008 imprezza, lancia delta (i've never seen this used on the track), cooper and the golf (are they all 94mm?).

not sure how but i lost my cooper nose clip:mad: i had planned on practicing this weekend.

Skv012a
2011.01.16, 12:38 AM
Only 94 to my knowledge is the Megane and I still have no idea why rules expanded to 94 as those will handle completely differently...

lfisminiz
2011.01.16, 12:50 AM
WRX is 94 also....;)

Off hand, i think the VW GTI etc...might be to, dont remember.

Skv012a
2011.01.16, 01:19 AM
Well, just ordered me that Impreza (god I don't like it, but I don't like Golfs and Coopers even more lol) and a Lancia Delta to setup 2 cars and see how it goes. May still use my focus, but I am trying to keep that thing alive and everything.

EMU
2011.01.16, 03:30 AM
Last week I used my Subaru STI on an MR03 narrow front with tri damper on PN 94 LCG4, this week I used an R32 on the same setup after the front of the body where the clip sits, broke out of the STI. Both are 94mm. The shop didnt have any WRX, but had Painted Meganes, and an R32. So I got the R32 since the setup was already narrow up front. The fast lap that I put up with both bodies, and no setup changes between bodies was nearly identical, with the R32 a little faster, but not as stable in the high speed sections. I am using wides in the rear currently, but may try narrows next week since the 0mm wides stick out from the body a little too much, and if you brush a wall the wheel snags... Instead of using a -1mm wide, I may just start using a narrow rear wheel to prep for this race.

The VW's, STI and Megane are 94mm, all others on the list are 90mm. With narrow rear tires, a 90mm setup may work better in applying power.... It really depends on the track layout which setup will work better.

The cooper is a good setup as well. Especially for lower power, since it is one of the lighter bodies on the list, as is the VW. The Megane is probably the heaviest, but is very well planted, and may be a good option for a large high speed track, and could probably handle the most power, but will also need more to get it going at the same pace as the much lighter VW or Cooper. The Delta may be the lightest on the list, but its square corners make it a car that you have to drive very carefully as you cannot scrub any boards.

For 90mm with power, the Focus should be the best option since it is the widest. Each one with a good setup behind it should have a shot.. I am expecting it to be very close racing.

If you use a tri-damper, you are going to want to run 94mm because there are no tri-damper options for 90mm. If you use DDS, then the 90mm options work pretty well. My Cooper was pretty quick, but I switched it to an RX7 to be a little more competetive in the 90mm skinny class that I have bee racing which is a 70t narrow class with narrow 0mm wheels and tires all around. I am going to switch the car back to the mini and try to compare laptimes with both the 90 and 94mm setups.

bermbuster
2011.01.16, 06:38 AM

Back in the day at Majs....Roland S. was unstoppable in the mr-015 class with his PT Cruiser.....:cool:

Im trying to figure out myself what body to use. Do I want to use a 90 or 94 mm wb.....decisions....:D

Skv012a
2011.01.16, 08:23 AM
Just getting more psyched to have 3 Lancia deltas side by side on AWD chassis.

Mike Keely
2011.01.19, 06:21 PM
Do we have anyone else wanting to sign up now?

geeunit1014
2011.01.19, 09:37 PM
Do we have anyone else wanting to sign up now?

If anyone could put together an arrive and drive stock car, one of my 1/10 friends would be down to run

Mike Keely
2011.01.19, 09:42 PM
Gary should have a car and radio, Matt has a spare module. We will need to look at getting batteries. Who is the friend?

geeunit1014
2011.01.19, 10:00 PM
Karl Hoffmiester. He can use my radio and batts, just need a car. Not sure if youve seen him at a race, he mainly runs electric sedan with me

Mike Keely
2011.01.19, 10:03 PM
I will ask Gary this weekend. EMU should be able to help him out also if he comes.

arch2b
2011.01.19, 10:34 PM
i have 4 stock am mr-02's and transmitters that can be used.

geeunit1014
2011.01.20, 12:37 AM
i have 4 stock am mr-02's and transmitters that can be used.

After being subjected to one of those at the ALS race, I wouldnt wish that on any serious racer :eek:

chad508
2011.01.20, 01:57 PM
rooms booked for friday and saturday night. and im getting the wife to join me which is a first. cant wait

Mike Keely
2011.01.20, 05:35 PM
rooms booked for friday and saturday night. and im getting the wife to join me which is a first. cant wait

Looking forward to seeing all of you again. I think that it will be a great race and maybe turn out to be a annual event.

Mike Keely
2011.01.20, 05:37 PM
After being subjected to one of those at the ALS race, I wouldnt wish that on any serious racer :eek:

Come on, you didn't feel like you where on a even playing field with that car?

geeunit1014
2011.01.20, 07:24 PM
Come on, you didn't feel like you where on a even playing field with that car?

No the playing field was not even at all, I think thats why it was bouncing so much :eek:

EMU
2011.01.20, 08:16 PM
That disc damper did help the car, a lot... but I think the front tires needed a little more truing :p

Mike Keely
2011.01.20, 09:38 PM
Nat was going to run Gary's other car. Does anyone else have a spare Mr03 to spare for the race for Mike's friend?

Action B
2011.01.20, 10:46 PM
Nat was going to run Gary's other car. Does anyone else have a spare Mr03 to spare for the race for Mike's friend?

I have a somewhat hopped up 2.4 MR-02 I'd be happy to lend. It needs a little work though. Its Mayas old car.

From memory it has the following:

98-102 PN LCG rear pod
Kyosho ball diff
Damper plate system of some sort
Alloy front tie rod
Alloy knuckles 1.5* I think
2x2 FETs

geeunit1014
2011.01.21, 11:49 AM
I have a somewhat hopped up 2.4 MR-02 I'd be happy to lend. It needs a little work though. Its Mayas old car.

From memory it has the following:

98-102 PN LCG rear pod
Kyosho ball diff
Damper plate system of some sort
Alloy front tie rod
Alloy knuckles 1.5* I think
2x2 FETs

I think that can work :)

Mike Keely
2011.01.21, 05:56 PM
Bob VanWagner told me that he would like to run the race if he can find a loaner car also. If none of you know who he is? He has won the US Indoor Championships for 1/12th scale a couple of times and been on the podium for that race about 5 times.

kromie101
2011.01.22, 08:35 PM
keely,you are making it even harder to make an a main:D. vanwagner is the king of 12th scale. i had'nt seen that dude in along time:). this is gonna turn out to be a good race:). cya soon

Mike Keely
2011.01.23, 08:07 AM
Yeah, I was telling Matt that it could be nocking most of us down one notch on the podium. What have I done??:eek::D

kromie101
2011.01.23, 08:21 AM
all you need now is to get mike dunagan,andrew grey,xavier,lewis,chester.thats gonna be your a main:). maybe those guys will drop in and say hey:cool:. can't wait to come up and run:).

Mike Keely
2011.01.23, 09:21 AM
Chester told me that he would run it but he is scheduled for a operation on one of his hands in Feb. so he will be out of commision for a while. He has been running off-road at Mimi's here the last couple of weeks.

Mike Keely
2011.01.23, 10:21 AM
Here are some more people to add to the race

Karl Hoffmiester ==Stock
VanWagner ==Stock
Ray ==Stock
Bill ==Stock / Mod / Hatchback
Gary Jr == Stock / Hatchback
Gary Sr ==Stock / Mod / Hatchback
Seth ==Stock / Mod
Saint ==Stock / Mod
Nat ==Stock
Rob==Stock
Richard Siriano == Stock / Mod
Christian from Reflex Racing is planning on coming. Not sure if he plans on racing or not.

That puts us at 25 for stock. I know there is going to be more to come.

Action B
2011.01.23, 10:26 AM
As of yesterday when I talked to Joe he said hes not going to be able to make the race due to a snowboarding trip.

kromie101
2011.01.23, 12:00 PM
this might be bigger than the worlds:D. looks awesome:).

arch2b
2011.01.23, 12:01 PM
has anyone talked to ken? he runs with the group up at fredrick hobby town i believe.

Mike Keely
2011.01.23, 04:56 PM
The last time I talked to him he said he only had Dnanos. He sold all of his other cars.

Mike Keely
2011.01.23, 04:59 PM
Anyone know how to get in touch with Russ? Maybe someone from his group may want to join in?

arch2b
2011.01.23, 05:02 PM
The last time I talked to him he said he only had Denanos. He sold all of his other cars.

i'm sure he's in teh same boat and would race is a loaner car could be provided. if anyone knows how to reach him, let him know i have an mr-03 he can use.

arch2b
2011.01.23, 05:03 PM
Anyone know how to get in touch with Russ? Maybe someone from his group may want to join in?

i sent you a pm with his contact info.

Mike Keely
2011.01.23, 05:45 PM
I just spoke to Ken and he is thinking about buying a Mr03 to run the race with us. I will let him know that you have one he can use. Thanks MK

Mike Keely
2011.01.23, 08:28 PM
this might be bigger than the worlds:D. looks awesome:).

I don't think that we have all of the MBMZ , Atlanta's, and Brooklyn's guys signed up yet. Might be another 10 guys.

mleemor60
2011.01.24, 06:18 AM
I won't have a chance to get Doctor's approval to travel until the 20th of February. If he says OK then count me in.

hrdrvr
2011.01.24, 08:00 AM
I think I am the only MBMZR guy that's not on the list. You can put me down for all three classes, but I may drop one to concentrate on qualifying. I'm usually not very good until the mains start, and with no bump ups, I will have to get my good runs in early :D Ive got a car set up right now for each class, so I may as well try them out on track before deciding what to do :D

Mike Keely
2011.01.24, 06:09 PM
Your dad is not going to make the race?

lfisminiz
2011.01.24, 06:18 PM
Mike, Andys on the list already;)

geeunit1014
2011.01.25, 05:59 PM
One month :D

VAzRACER
2011.01.26, 11:08 AM
^Gee, you sound like your getting excited.:D

Drivers list has been updated. If I missed your name or put you in the wrong spot please let me know. The list is getting bigger and bigger. This race is turning out to be a good one.:D

Traveler
2011.01.26, 11:15 AM
Matt, I was really hoping to make this race, and it look like it will be a good one. Unfortunately it conflicts with a family event. Hope some of the other HSH will try to make it.

geeunit1014
2011.01.26, 12:16 PM
^Gee, you sound like your getting excited.:D

Just a little bit ;) Gonna be a good one fo sho :cool:

geeunit1014
2011.01.26, 08:54 PM
Some potential track ideas, assuming we do have enough tile to do them ;)

#4 is my favorite :D

Mike Keely
2011.01.26, 09:19 PM
On number 4, I would say to move the staircase more to the left so you would not be going so fast through it.

geeunit1014
2011.01.26, 10:31 PM
On number 4, I would say to move the staircase more to the left so you would not be going so fast through it.

Thats the fun though, it should be wide open for everyone, but it is a little tricky. We may have to run it 2 tiles wide to have enough blank tiles, if we did that i would move it left a bit

arch2b
2011.01.27, 07:04 AM
a wide open track is not much fun really. it's actually rather boring if you don't have some challenge to it. i don't really care for all out fast tracks myself.

geeunit1014
2011.01.27, 10:19 AM
a wide open track is not much fun really. it's actually rather boring if you don't have some challenge to it. i don't really care for all out fast tracks myself.

To a point its true. Thats why I like the #4 track, the middle part of the infield is definitely slows things up and will bunch a pack up, and the S section on the left would be crucial for good laptimes, its not just something you can plow through wide open, even in stock. Personally im more of a fan of "mixed" tracks like that, because it should allow for good clean racing in stock where nobody is making too many mistakes because of a ridiculous track, just driver skill in how you attack the sectors and try to set up a move. It also allows modified to turn the wick up, and tracks like this make it a little easier for everyone to step up if they think its too boring in stock ;)

The final track will probably be a bit more "street circuit"ish (ie twisty, w/ 90's, 180s, etc) because we dont have that many wide radius turns. Just throwing some ideas out there :)

EMU
2011.01.27, 11:27 AM
I like the CC4 layout you posted... Whatever is decided, I always like a good mix of high speed and tight technical sections... A good slow corner before the highest speed section always makes it more fun :)

geeunit1014
2011.01.27, 01:16 PM
I like the CC4 layout you posted... Whatever is decided, I always like a good mix of high speed and tight technical sections... A good slow corner before the highest speed section always makes it more fun :)

Just like at Miller Motorsports Park in Utah, the last 2 corners are called "wind up" and "release", and then a 4000 some odd foot straight :D

Mike Keely
2011.01.27, 07:28 PM
We have 7 wide radius turns and Matt has the wide oval kit coming. I would think that we will have everything needed to do track #4.

geeunit1014
2011.01.27, 07:56 PM
We have 7 wide radius turns and Matt has the wide oval kit coming. I would think that we will have everything needed to do track #4.

Unfortunately Matt says the Oval kits arent available till april which leaves us short a few tiles (wide turns and straights), so I present this, which by all accounts we should have covered I believe, and is a bit more technical, but still has room to open up ;)

chad508
2011.01.27, 08:06 PM
now i like that one.

Mike Keely
2011.01.27, 08:29 PM
I agree, I like #5 best too.

geeunit1014
2011.01.27, 09:00 PM
I like this one a lot as well, the only thing i would do a bit different is if we had one more large radius corner to put before the 1st "staircase" in the middle to give just a little more room for that left right it would flow a little better imo, but it should still work :)

Daddy Rabbit
2011.01.28, 05:27 PM
Matt,Mike,
Great participation, this is turning out to be a nice size event.
With this many people at this point and most likely will grow to be more, are you guys thinking about starting earlier on Saturday with the racing?
We are looking forward to this race.

kromie101
2011.01.28, 06:05 PM
i am all for starting earlier,maybe 10:). get mimi to open up early:D.

VAzRACER
2011.01.28, 06:26 PM
I'll talk to Mike tomorrow, I dont see an issue with it. The only problem I do see is practice for the people who cant make it Friday. We will have to see how many people has an objection to it. I think this is turning out to be bigger than any of us thought, but thats a good thing. We may just have to stay on everyone to keep a good pace through the day.:rolleyes:

kromie101
2011.01.28, 06:33 PM
maybe mimi can open at 7? that would be 3 hours,if not 2 hours is not bad:).

want me to see if myssie will run the race? you know she will run it smooth:D.

VAzRACER
2011.01.28, 06:54 PM

Hahaha, she will keep everyone going. If she wants to help that would be great. I have been messing with Jenn and telling her she cant come to the race and she actually belives me, I feel kinda bad. I am going to have her come out if she can just to help run the show. Her and Missy can work together again, they did good the last time. Plus I got her a new camera for x-mas and I know shes dying to use it.

I'll see if Mike can talk to Mimi about getting in earlier.

Daddy Rabbit
2011.01.28, 07:00 PM
You know Myssie will keep everyone on their toes.:D

Mike Keely
2011.01.28, 07:04 PM
I like this one a lot as well, the only thing i would do a bit different is if we had one more large radius corner to put before the 1st "staircase" in the middle to give just a little more room for that left right it would flow a little better imo, but it should still work :)

I can ask Larry to bring some wide turns when he comes. He has offered to bring some in the past.

Mike Keely
2011.01.28, 07:14 PM
I just spoke to Mimi and we can get in at 7 AM.

Mike Keely
2011.01.28, 08:07 PM

Thanks Eric, I am sure that Myssie would be a really big help. I figured on a few of us racers tag-teaming running this event. The only thing that I can not offer is compansation for the help. I will tell you that her lunch will be on me though.:D None of us are making any money on this except Mimi. Matt and I will be paying to race just like everyone else. We are doing this race to try and get more people interested into Mimi-Z's around this area. I will be glad to do this race every year if it ends up being a big success.

Can't wait for it to get here though!

kromie101
2011.01.28, 08:46 PM
i new mimi was getting her cut:D. which is cool cause it's a place to race:). she's been around a long time,she must be doing something right:).

will anybody have parts for sale? if not maybe landon can bring his traveling trailer:D.

mike,i will talk to her about running it for a good part of the day. i just wanna see the show move smooth. i know it's hard for a racer who is racing try and run a race,i watch landon sometimes;).

so can we say it's official on the starting time of 10 on sat? i just looked at the list and can't believe how many peeps are signed up:eek::D thats awesome.

matt,you better let jen come,i need some of those cool cookies:D. myssie and jen did work together good. that would be cool if they did it again.

Mike Keely
2011.01.28, 10:22 PM
Before we say 10 AM we need to hear back from more of the racers. Some guys from NY are driving down on Sat. They will not have much time to practice if they get any at all with a start time of 10. They have a 4 to 6 hour drive.

GeeUnit is only running one class and I am running two. We should have some time to help run races also.

kromie101
2011.01.29, 11:59 AM
sounds cool. myssie said she would help out fo shoo:D. we have about a 6 to 7 hour ride but we are coming thursday to visit family and practice friday:D. talk to ya soon:)

soulstice
2011.01.29, 02:41 PM
Hey Matt,

I got the green light to attend this race.

Please put me down for Stock and Hatch.

Anyone know who sells the giroZ transponders the cheapest? If I don't get a transponder, will there be enough loaners to go around?

Seems like this is turning out to be a good size event.

arch2b
2011.01.29, 03:13 PM
the als event is a good model. it had comperable attendance and for the most part ran smooth with the exception of timing issues. they kept a good pace though and we still ran late. brandon has a b-day sleep over so i can't be there till 8-9pm like most races end up running till and i'd hate to go through the whole process and miss the mains again because we started late and didn't keep the pace going. they also ran more classes in total so it should be easier than als.

as much as i hate saying this, schedules need to be kept tight and enforced. i know it sucks missing a run but it's for everyone's benefit really to keep it going. i know some events are very strict resulting in grumbles but it's better than going 12 hours for 3 classes.

VAzRACER
2011.01.30, 11:34 AM
Eric- Tell her we all say thanks. Having the extra help will be awesome.

Sun- you have been added to list, I'm glad you can make it out. There will be transponders available to loan out but I think we will only have 3-4 so they will have to be returned after every race and picked up before you go out on the track.

Raymond- We are going to do our best to keep everything moving at a good pace, I know alot of people are traveling home at the end of the day and I know others dont wanrt to be at the track all day long. We will do out best. None of us have ran an event of this size but we have been to enough to know how to keep things moving.

geeunit1014
2011.01.30, 02:38 PM
Raymond- We are going to do our best to keep everything moving at a good pace, I know alot of people are traveling home at the end of the day and I know others dont wanrt to be at the track all day long. We will do out best. None of us have ran an event of this size but we have been to enough to know how to keep things moving.

Just run it like any big 1/10 race, once a heat ends, there is 2 or 3 minutes between heats. Once that time is up, the next heat starts whether your there or not. At races like IIC and Snowbirds, theres no such thing as "I need a minute!" :eek:

arch2b
2011.01.30, 03:53 PM
easier said than done:p

Mike Keely
2011.01.30, 06:07 PM
We will try to get a better idea of the majority vote when we get closer to the race weekend on the start time. I guess the main thing we need is to hear from anyone that will not be able to be at the track as it opens.

bermbuster
2011.01.30, 07:30 PM
Just run it like any big 1/10 race, once a heat ends, there is 2 or 3 minutes between heats. Once that time is up, the next heat starts whether your there or not. At races like IIC and Snowbirds, theres no such thing as "I need a minute!" :eek:

I would explain at the drivers meeting how important it is....
race/heat ends 2 minutes for the next race....marshalls must be ready
only cars in the current race/heat on the track.....
anybody not complying will be Dq ed for the round.....
and be Fair Firm and Consistant.....

I have raced at large Mini Z events who follow this format and you would be surprised at how many races you can get done.

The one thing mini z racers like and want is plenty of practice time. I have seen in an open practice I witnessed 30 racers practicing(wasnt pretty).... If you can build time into the end of each round.....allow 10 racers on the track w 2 minutes of time per practice heat....In a 10 minute practice session you have allowed 50 practice sessions.....Alex Valdes is Awesome at figuring this stuff out. Hit him up for some advice and your event will definitely called a Big Show.....

kromie101
2011.01.31, 06:37 PM
i agree GEEUNIT:D. have a good drivers meeting and explain things and stick to it.

the last race myssie ran was an offroad race with 180 guys. they did the drivers meeting,set a schedule and everything was good:D.

this race is gonna be smooth as butter:cool:.it's all good:)

CristianTabush
2011.02.01, 07:46 PM
My flight is booked, so sign me up for stock for now. I will try to be there to help as much as is possible :)

lfisminiz
2011.02.01, 08:09 PM
Cristian, it will be good to see you again!:)

LARRY

VAzRACER
2011.02.01, 08:30 PM
My flight is booked, so sign me up for stock for now. I will try to be there to help as much as is possible :)

Great, I'll get you on the list.:D

arch2b
2011.02.01, 08:40 PM

awsome, it will be great to put a face with a name:p i hope you enjoy your time in our little neck of the woods.

geeunit1014
2011.02.01, 08:45 PM

Stock? No mod? :p Cant wait to see you again, gonna be a good event fo sho, things look better by the day :cool:

CristianTabush
2011.02.01, 09:03 PM
Well, I gotta promote the motors ;)

I also only have 1 car, as I gave my other car to one of our Team Drivers ;)

Matt asked me to bring some parts as well, so my intention is to come give you guys support running the racce and man the "parts store" vs racing. If I run 2 classes, I might end up switching to mod if we can have the cars run LiFe cells with a stock motor though :P

VAzRACER
2011.02.01, 09:10 PM
I might end up switching to mod if we can have the cars run LiFe cells with a stock motor though :P

I forgot to add that.:rolleyes:

For Mod LiFe cells are allowed with a 70t motor only.

hrdrvr
2011.02.01, 09:12 PM
Why a 70t only? I'd love to see some of you guys going at it as fast as you can!! I've seen the 70t on LiFe and its nuts. More power to any one who can wheel more than that, IMO :D

It'll be good to see ya again CT ;)

VAzRACER
2011.02.01, 09:35 PM
Why a 70t only? I'd love to see some of you guys going at it as fast as you can!! I've seen the 70t on LiFe and its nuts. More power to any one who can wheel more than that, IMO :D

It'll be good to see ya again CT ;)

I'll let CT explain the reasoning behind this. I havent seen or driven any car with LiFe cells but I am told that a 70t with LiFe cells is more than enough to compete with mod motor on aaa's. I'm basically going off what me and CT talked about last week. Its also possible for a person to use the same car for stock and mod. More or less I think its something that is good to try since these cells have not been allowed in any other major race I have seen.

I read somewhere that the LiFe cells with a mod motor dont make very good run times and more than likley wont make the 10min mains. But thats just what I read.

CristianTabush
2011.02.01, 09:56 PM
Well, 70T with LiFE cells is a comparable speed to modified on 4AAA's. It keeps the speeds comparable and is "more fair". I think that allowing these is a step towards embracing newer technology that is available in the market, let's just say that it can be like a "trial run". If it is not sufficient, in the future we can all explore what is. This will be a good starting point :)

bermbuster
2011.02.01, 10:38 PM
Well, 70T with LiFE cells is a comparable speed to modified on 4AAA's. It keeps the speeds comparable and is "more fair". I think that allowing these is a step towards embracing newer technology that is available in the market, let's just say that it can be like a "trial run". If it is not sufficient, in the future we can all explore what is. This will be a good starting point :)

not to get too far off topic???:D
Mod car with LiFe...what cells do you use and how do you install them?
Do you run aaa LiFes? Do you use 2 cells (7.2) with 2 dummies and use the stock battery tray?:cool:

CristianTabush
2011.02.01, 10:43 PM
R246 cells. They are actually a 2S pack that puts out 6.6v nominal. Not quite LiPo which is 7.4v. The batteries fit right inside the battery compartment, but you have to use either 3racing or R246 battery clips.

bermbuster
2011.02.01, 11:18 PM
R246 cells. They are actually a 2S pack that puts out 6.6v nominal. Not quite LiPo which is 7.4v. The batteries fit right inside the battery compartment, but you have to use either 3racing or R246 battery clips.

I know the technology has been out for a year but is it reliable? I saw concerns over mah and runtime. Will this technology be supported at the race with parts, cables, batteries etc....

CristianTabush
2011.02.01, 11:49 PM
Higher voltage is more efficient, so batteries need not have as much capacity. As far as support, I will have the parts available at the shop tomorrow as well as I will have some available at the track. Is it reliable? Well, every other scale has switched to Lithium-based technology, so I would say it is proven. I also have discussed with several people about these and they like the performance of them so far. In any which way, it is a performance compromise, and an interesting one at that.

One of the cool things about lithium batteries is the fact that they do not have any memory. With 2 battery packs you can run over and over and over again without the batteries loosing any performance in subsequent runs. It will be cool to see how they do.

bermbuster
2011.02.02, 06:12 AM
Higher voltage is more efficient, so batteries need not have as much capacity. As far as support, I will have the parts available at the shop tomorrow as well as I will have some available at the track. Is it reliable? Well, every other scale has switched to Lithium-based technology, so I would say it is proven. I also have discussed with several people about these and they like the performance of them so far. In any which way, it is a performance compromise, and an interesting one at that.

One of the cool things about lithium batteries is the fact that they do not have any memory. With 2 battery packs you can run over and over and over again without the batteries loosing any performance in subsequent runs. It will be cool to see how they do.

I know the battery technology is good but I was thinking more of how it mounts/adapts and what will be the impact of more voltage to the motor as well as the extra voltage going to the Kyosho board. I did use a 2 cell lipo on a Mini Z and the board would shut down....I know it was more voltage but at what threshold will we see it happen?
In the big picture it is all good.....we have to try and evolve. Now the question is...who will be the pioneers...:cool:

hrdrvr
2011.02.02, 07:19 AM
Its also possible for a person to use the same car for stock and mod. More or less I think its something that is good to try since these cells have not been allowed in any other major race I have seen.

I read somewhere that the LiFe cells with a mod motor dont make very good run times and more than likley wont make the 10min mains. But thats just what I read.

They could still do it, but they would just have the possibility of running lesser power than some one else. It's a drawback of doubling up a car in classes. Its not likely to handle the stock and mod power/weight difference exactly the same any way, but that is the choice the racer makes. I've seen guys run their 70ts in mod with 4AAAs on some of my tighter layouts and do fine with them. Of course there were others with more motor, but they were able to run two classes with one car.

Also, I guess our events don't qualify as major ;) but you have participated in races where 7.4v was allowed. I have had numerous events (going back to the Spring Fling in '08) where 7.4 was legal, just not too many people have taken advantage of it. The Carolina Cup rules allow 7.4v in the DP1 class, and last year we allowed it in some of the LMP1 classes. Rodney TQ'ed (??Maybe he was second??), and finished third with a Lith powered car at round 3.

Again, the fact that it may or may not make 10 minutes is part of the challenge, and the choice of the racer. That's a challenge I struggle with with AAAs, lol.

What would be "more fair", is if the RR guys had to run a 70t on AAAs and let the rest of us run typical mod power, lol. J/K I see your point, but allowing it and limiting it is some what counter productive. If it is the absolute fastest way to go then the guys who can handle that kind of power are going to use it. If there isn't any speed advantage it may not ever get accepted as the best, and most top level drivers aren't going to switch to it just to say they did. If it doesn't get accepted fully (ie without limitations), it will never make it into the sport IMO.

I know the battery technology is good but I was thinking more of how it mounts/adapts and what will be the impact of more voltage to the motor as well as the extra voltage going to the Kyosho board. I did use a 2 cell lipo on a Mini Z and the board would shut down....I know it was more voltage but at what threshold will we see it happen?
In the big picture it is all good.....we have to try and evolve. Now the question is...who will be the pioneers...:cool:

I think Kyosho has taken a lot of these things into consideration. These cells are designed by "R246" for Mini-Zs, so I would say the board and battery should be a good combination. Of course a lot of guys are running stuff more powerful than Kyosho motors, and I think we should allow more readily available lith batteries as well, so as we move forward with progress, we are going to cross some borders, and test some waters. Again, if it never gets allowed, we will never find those things out! :D

CristianTabush
2011.02.02, 09:08 AM
Please, don't take this the wrong way Landon, but it seems like it always has to become a philosophical situation of what should be done or not. If I may offer just 1 word of advice it's relax. You will live a lot longer. :)

The way I see it, if you like the option, do it, it you don't, just run the regular, widely-accepted set up. :) This is something we are trying out. For this race, there will be a motor limit for LiFE cells. If you run NiMH, there is no motor limit. It is very simple and it is meant to keep the speeds in check. The motor limit is imposed so as to keep the cars under control.

As for it not being accepted, well, it actually has been already. This is allowed at the RR Club series. The club up in Toronto runs this way and it was actually due to Shawn's vouch for it that we are trying it out for this first year in this way. I look at it as baby steps. If it sticks, it's awesome, it it doesn't, it's on to the next ;)

The batteries can be free. They can be either LiFE or LiPO cells. The LiFE cells are 6.6v, LiPO is 7.4v. The difference is the R246 cells are readily available, the LiPO pack are not.

JuniorWKR
2011.02.02, 09:15 AM
i agree with the theory behind ct's idea... i just think for the first time out in a major race that maybe it should be made into a class of its own... like pan or something of the sort... maybe life batteries wit reflex 70t and lexan bodies might be the ticket... the light weight might help the run time in a 10 min main..

and if its a class of its own a 8 min main can be an option to ensure these cars finish the race while we find out what they are capable of...

CristianTabush
2011.02.02, 10:11 AM
Junior, I don't think there will be time to add another class. But I do not want to speak for the race organizers. This is Matt, Mike and Mike's race.

I just suggested the possibility because it seemed the open class was very "open" with free body/ chassis and all. A CTP 70T is about as fast as a speedy 05 used to be. LiPO and a Speedy 05 used to be a perfect amount of power for racing. It might not even be faster than the open motor cars with NiMH, but should fit right into the modified class speeds. All I say is give it a chance. If it totally sucks, I'll be the first one to admit it. If it kicks butt, it's a step towards making these little rockets quicker :)

Oh, and BTW, the run time for the Kyosho LiFE cells is around 13-16 mins.

JuniorWKR
2011.02.02, 10:14 AM
does the gearing change with these batteries?

CristianTabush
2011.02.02, 10:21 AM
It is something you have to play with. Typically yes. You have to gear much longer as you have about 25-33% more RPMs.

geeunit1014
2011.02.02, 10:21 AM
Well, I gotta promote the motors ;)

I also only have 1 car, as I gave my other car to one of our Team Drivers ;)

Matt asked me to bring some parts as well, so my intention is to come give you guys support running the racce and man the "parts store" vs racing. If I run 2 classes, I might end up switching to mod if we can have the cars run LiFe cells with a stock motor though :P

:D:D:D Haha there is that fact ;)

Im kinda torn in this motor/batt scenario. I feel like I want more rip down low which the 6.6v life would give, but I kinda feel that were on the edge of being able to hook up the cars in mod as is, so 1s lipo with faster motors may be better.. going from 4.8v to 3.7v worked out well for 1/12. Only downside is then kyosho would have to make a whole new platform for that to work :(

Skv012a
2011.02.02, 10:28 AM
This whole Li-Fe "mod" level performance on the same stock motor sounds very intriguing indeed. I like how R246 stuff is modular and really doesn't require any hard mods besides dedicated battery clips. If we do end up embracing li-whatever cells in the future, it could seriously cut down the sheer number of cars one would need to participate in various classes.

For guys who are entry or intermediate level, this could be a great intro to mod class without having to either sacrifice their stock setups nor getting dedicated mod cars.

hrdrvr
2011.02.02, 10:36 AM
Please, don't take this the wrong way Landon, but it seems like it always has to become a philosophical situation of what should be done or not. If I may offer just 1 word of advice it's relax. You will live a lot longer. :)

I am sorry I come off that way. It seems a lot of people throw opinions out there that seem to have no logic. I just wanted to explain the logic of why I feel the way I do about it. If I'm smart enough to seem a little bit philosophical, then heck yeah! :p

Matt deferred to your opinion on the subject, and I just thought it was okay for me to interject my own. It's all good, I'll let you and them make the decision. It's not going to change what I run anyway, as I don't have the skill to run most of the available motors now on AAAs.

Skv - Action B ran a 70t car at our Spring Fling a couple of years ago in both stock and mod. He had a similar set up to what R246 is selling, and would run AAAs in stock, and LiPo in mod. I think it worked out pretty good for him :D

Skv012a
2011.02.02, 12:35 PM
Skv - Action B ran a 70t car at our Spring Fling a couple of years ago in both stock and mod. He had a similar set up to what R246 is selling, and would run AAAs in stock, and LiPo in mod. I think it worked out pretty good for him :D

Then perhaps it'll be a matter of the general/official adoption. IF charging liths is say, faster, or if they are more consistent than our AAAs (one battery can drag the whole pack down, in lipos we're dealing with half the number of packs and perhaps the technology is much more stable) then I don't see why not.

After all, Kyosho/R246 made them and we all know how tight the rules are in the motherland.

CristianTabush
2011.02.02, 01:07 PM
I am sorry I come off that way. It seems a lot of people throw opinions out there that seem to have no logic. I just wanted to explain the logic of why I feel the way I do about it. If I'm smart enough to seem a little bit philosophical, then heck yeah! :p

No sweat! I know you don't mean it in a bad way. That's why I put a disclaimer on there. I just don't want there to be any misunderstanding from other people on the forums thinking that there is debate on the classes or that we are arguing, because we are not. :)

I asked Matt to give it a thought over the phone, but I by no means call the shots on the final decisions. We just thought it would be fun to try a different format and see the results.

I am really excited with how this event is turning out to be. It will be nice to see old friends and meet new ones.

Action B
2011.02.02, 01:54 PM
They could still do it, but they would just have the possibility of running lesser power than some one else. It's a drawback of doubling up a car in classes. Its not likely to handle the stock and mod power/weight difference exactly the same any way, but that is the choice the racer makes. I've seen guys run their 70ts in mod with 4AAAs on some of my tighter layouts and do fine with them. Of course there were others with more motor, but they were able to run two classes with one car.

Also, I guess our events don't qualify as major ;) but you have participated in races where 7.4v was allowed. I have had numerous events (going back to the Spring Fling in '08) where 7.4 was legal, just not too many people have taken advantage of it. The Carolina Cup rules allow 7.4v in the DP1 class, and last year we allowed it in some of the LMP1 classes. Rodney TQ'ed (??Maybe he was second??), and finished third with a Lith powered car at round 3.

Landon, I really liked the usage of lipo cells in your spring fling. For mod class I did actually run a lipo pack with the same 70 turn from stock class in my MA-010 and it was really fun to mix it up like that and run two classes. I felt that my car was very competitive in the mod class like this and had a blast driving it! I'd run lipo again in mod for sure!

I haven't price the Life cells anyone have a list price? I might buy some.

imxlr8ed
2011.02.02, 02:17 PM
I'm in for Stock and Hatchback... I just have to figure out if I can make it down Friday for some tune time.

Skv012a
2011.02.02, 03:12 PM
Pair of R246 cells runs what, $30?

CristianTabush
2011.02.02, 03:32 PM
Yes, I believe that is the retail price. You need the charging plugs and wire harness if you want to use the Kyosho Brand, or you can build your own, plus the battery clips as well.

hrdrvr
2011.02.02, 04:05 PM
CT - I talked to Matt too, cause I wanted him to know where I was coming from. I think we may have slightly different thoughts, but after explaining my logic to Matt, and hearing his thought about it, I think the 70t + Lith rule would be the correct way to go for this event. The forum is a great outlet for information sharing, but so much is lost in translation when people try to limit words (yes even as much as I type, it's not nearly as much as I would say in person, lol). I don't want this to get out of hand, or stray away from the main topic :D Can't wait to see ya, and now you don't have any excuses for not running two classes ;) Well, I guess the parts store could qualify :p

B - I bet you could run something up similar to what you ran in your AWD. You would just have to split the pack and set it up like a saddle with a cell on each side. That's pretty much how the R246 batteries are set up. They are just sold separate (well two cells separated in one pack), and are joined with a harness. The way the R246 set up comes though, it is VERY conducive to swapping between NiMh and LiFe.

Ed - Dude (or should I say "dad" :D)! It'll be good to see you again. It seems like it's been forever! Are the young lady and little one coming with you? I'd love to meet the woman that took you in ;)

geeunit1014
2011.02.02, 04:26 PM
12 pages of hype and were still 3 weeks away? People flying in halfway across the country? Almost 60 entries so far? Big names from other scales stacking the field? This is gonna be a good one :D

Mike Keely
2011.02.02, 05:03 PM
Should we be putting Juniors name on the list some where?

kromie101
2011.02.02, 06:29 PM
i got a few of the life packs a few weeks back and they are fast with a 70t. i got them to fit the car with stock clips but you have to mod them. they fit snug in there. you do have to get the harness for the batts also.

CT, do you sell the clips you were talking about for the life packs? also do you use the harness or did you make your own?

i plan on trying it both ways,one quali with 70t and life and another with aaa's and a screamer:D.

CristianTabush
2011.02.02, 07:03 PM
Kromie, I have 1 set of the 3Racing clips in stock right now. I will be ordering more this week, to have plenty for the race.

Mike Keely
2011.02.02, 07:18 PM
You are going to want a screamer. The outside of the front straight is going to be almost 39 feet long.

kromie101
2011.02.02, 07:23 PM
WOW. mike,can i just drive a 1/12 scale:D. thats gonna be cool. i have a grant special:cool:.

thanks CT.

geeunit1014
2011.02.02, 07:30 PM
You are going to want a screamer. The outside of the front straight is going to be almost 39 feet long.

Im thinking my cars been getting better and better, I may just put my 33t back in :eek:

JuniorWKR
2011.02.03, 09:12 AM
Should we be putting Juniors name on the list some where?

im getting the MHS boys together... spoke to Matt the other day.. will get a head count together and get signed up... we will only be doing sat though... not everyone that wants to go can get off work fri..

VAzRACER
2011.02.03, 05:22 PM
Got some good news today, we have another sponsor for the race.

R1 Wurks has agreed to help us out and send a few things for the door prizes.

Thanks.

Mike Keely
2011.02.03, 08:20 PM
im getting the MHS boys together... spoke to Matt the other day.. will get a head count together and get signed up... we will only be doing sat though... not everyone that wants to go can get off work fri..
Glad to hear it. It will be good to see you guys again. I am thinking that I should change things so there are bumps in the mains. With all of this talent coming I may not make the A main.:eek::D

lfisminiz
2011.02.03, 09:07 PM
Mike/Matt.......since this track is close to 38-40 ft long, any of you guys remember how long the track was for the "worlds" in M. Beach? Just to get an idea.

geeunit1014
2011.02.03, 09:33 PM
Mike/Matt.......since this track is close to 38-40 ft long, any of you guys remember how long the track was for the "worlds" in M. Beach? Just to get an idea.

If I counted the tiles at the PNWC track correctly, we will be 2 tiles smaller in length, so roughly the same size

lfisminiz
2011.02.03, 11:11 PM
If I counted the tiles at the PNWC track correctly, we will be 2 tiles smaller in length, so roughly the same size

Thanks..........Mike.:)

hrdrvr
2011.02.04, 07:04 AM
The worlds track had a 26 tile straight, so with the chicane under the bridge it was a total of 27x14.

This is turning out to be a very nice event. Its a great spot on the east coast to really draw a crowd from all angles!

Gee, if you need any more ideas, I drew up a couple of layouts in that size range :D

Keely, I don't see any reason not to have bump-ups when you aren't running triple A mains. :D

kromie101
2011.02.04, 07:21 AM
mike, you would be doing us all a favor:D.

junior,will you pit by me:p:D. thank you sencey:D. hope you guys make it :). landon and chad ,back off:p:D

hrdrvr
2011.02.04, 07:43 AM
Its gonna be funny to see the cat fight between Chad and Eric when Junior walks in. I can see it now "He already told me he would sit by me!" :D

chad508
2011.02.04, 07:56 AM
the way eric talks he might just sit in his lap. the one good thing about these big races is there are plenty of people there better than me that is more than willing to give out good info.

ruf993
2011.02.04, 08:18 AM
Its gonna be funny to see the cat fight between Chad and Eric when Junior walks in. I can see it now "He already told me he would sit by me!" :D

Dont worry hrdrvr I'll sit by you...:D

kromie101
2011.02.04, 08:20 AM
this is gonna be a good race:D.

mike,is mimi's pit area setup the same as it was 5 years ago? does she have plenty of chairs?

JuniorWKR
2011.02.04, 08:34 AM
mike, you would be doing us all a favor:D.

junior,will you pit by me:p:D. thank you sencey:D. hope you guys make it :). landon and chad ,back off:p:D

fellas.... im gonna tell you the same thing i tell all the lady's... dont worry 3 isnt a crowd... theres enough of junior for everyone...

hahahaa... definitly seems like its shaping up to be a nice race... cant wait to get down there and tear up some rcp wit you guys again...

JuniorWKR
2011.02.04, 09:12 AM
quick question being that we are traveling up sat morn... what time are the RR motors being handed out for stock?... wanna make sure we have enough time to break them in...

VAzRACER
2011.02.04, 10:35 AM
The motor will be handed out once you register and pay the day of the race. No motors will be given out Friday.

lfisminiz
2011.02.04, 10:56 AM
fellas.... im gonna tell you the same thing i tell all the lady's... dont worry 3 isnt a crowd... theres enough of junior for everyone...

hahahaa... definitly seems like its shaping up to be a nice race... cant wait to get down there and tear up some rcp wit you guys again...

JUNIOR....................:p:rolleyes::):D:eek:;)

geeunit1014
2011.02.04, 11:13 AM
The worlds track had a 26 tile straight, so with the chicane under the bridge it was a total of 27x14.

This is turning out to be a very nice event. Its a great spot on the east coast to really draw a crowd from all angles!

Gee, if you need any more ideas, I drew up a couple of layouts in that size range :D

Im never short for ideas, but id love to see what your thinking ;)

JuniorWKR
2011.02.04, 11:57 AM
i think layout looks good... first staircase is gonna be a money section but otherwise nice work... should be fast... wit tons of passing options.. .

Mike Keely
2011.02.04, 03:16 PM
this is gonna be a good race:D.

mike,is mimi's pit area setup the same as it was 5 years ago? does she have plenty of chairs?
I did a quick count the other day and without looking in every space I counted 47 chairs. As far as pit space and tables take what Maj's has and times it by two. No one will need to bring tables or chairs. You will want to bring a power strip. The main thing you guys want to worry about is are your batteries and bearings ready for the MEGA STRAIGHT!!!

Mike Keely
2011.02.04, 03:24 PM
the way eric talks he might just sit in his lap.
Now that would be funny to see. It would look like Baby Huey sitting in Bugs Bunny's lap.

Glad to see you are going to make it Maj.

JuniorWKR
2011.02.04, 03:26 PM
bugs bunny?... u couldnt come up wit a better comparision then bugs bunny... man... and to think im gonna be driving 4 hrs for this... hahahahahaa

Mike Keely
2011.02.04, 03:39 PM
It was a size comparison and not a character thing.:D

imxlr8ed
2011.02.04, 04:16 PM
Big Layout...

Speaking as a visually impaired racer... I just hope I can see the cars at the far ends of the track.

I remember a while back when I went a bit crazy trying to use all of our RCP collection at one event only to have it trimmed down (by some helpful NYC racers) so we could actually drive more than just trying to direct the little dots of color travelling around the outer perimeters of the track.

It's harder to make a clean pass (or allow one) when the turn is further away... at least for me it is. Good lighting does help though and this place looks like it has it. Guess a new pair of contacts wouldn't hurt either.

hilldebrandt
2011.02.04, 04:31 PM
Hey guys, I'll be coming down as well...put me down for all 3 classes.

Thanks,
Gregg Hill

geeunit1014
2011.02.04, 07:35 PM
Big Layout...

Speaking as a visually impaired racer... I just hope I can see the cars at the far ends of the track.

I remember a while back when I went a bit crazy trying to use all of our RCP collection at one event only to have it trimmed down (by some helpful NYC racers) so we could actually drive more than just trying to direct the little dots of color travelling around the outer perimeters of the track.

It's harder to make a clean pass (or allow one) when the turn is further away... at least for me it is. Good lighting does help though and this place looks like it has it. Guess a new pair of contacts wouldn't hurt either.

Mimis drivers stand is pretty good, its a little taller than what was at the PNWC, shouldnt have any issues seeing all of the track. Lighting there is average for an indoor track, not spectacular but pretty good.

Kromie - no worries about space, like keely said just bring a power strip and youll be set.

Glad to see everyone is so pumped. Official 3 week notice for everyone :D

kromie101
2011.02.04, 08:51 PM
i was thinking of the madmax movie with mel gibson. remember the big dude carrying the little guy around on his shoulders,in the thunder dome. thats what i was thinking of. what ever it takes to go faster:D.

maj,if your coming also i think i can fit both of you up there:D.

the wife has made us some hotel reservation at a holiday inn:) we are good to go.

mleemor60
2011.02.05, 06:34 AM
Handicap access to the drivers stand?

Mike Keely
2011.02.05, 08:20 AM
No, there are four or five steps to get into The Track and about three to get on the stand.

Mike Keely
2011.02.05, 08:28 AM
i was thinking of the madmax movie with mel gibson. remember the big dude carrying the little guy around on his shoulders,in the thunder dome. thats what i was thinking of. what ever it takes to go faster:D.

maj,if your coming also i think i can fit both of you up there:D.

the wife has made us some hotel reservation at a holiday inn:) we are good to go.

Yeah, I think that Junior would like the name Master Blaster better.:)

mleemor60
2011.02.05, 08:57 AM
No, there are four or five steps to get into The Track and about three to get on the stand.

As long as it isn't one BIG step we are good to go.

pelico
2011.02.05, 12:20 PM
Hey Mike, can I register the day of the race? I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to make it yet.

kromie101
2011.02.05, 12:54 PM
the master blaster:D

arch2b
2011.02.05, 04:21 PM
can we pre-register? sorry if this was posted deep on another page.

Mike Keely
2011.02.05, 10:56 PM
Register the day of the race. We need to know how many motors to order is the main reason we asked who was coming. How many guys will want to buy a second motor?

Mike Keely
2011.02.06, 10:04 PM
Looks like we are getting drivers from 8 states on the east coast and one from Texas for this race.

arch2b
2011.02.06, 10:17 PM
Register the day of the race. We need to know how many motors to order is the main reason we asked who was coming. How many guys will want to buy a second motor?

what is the cost?

hrdrvr
2011.02.07, 07:08 AM
^ Says $30 on the front page.

Mike, that is some excellent east coast representation :D I've been trying to tell Matt that you guys need to start having some races in y'alls area. You've got a good core group, and your area is easy to travel too from the north and south. I know us southern racers are a minority, but it is far closer and easier for us to get to the DC area as opposed to NY/NJ, and the Carolina's have just proven too far for most northern guys to travel too.

Looking forward to it. I see a bunch of friends on the drivers list that I get to see at races pretty regularly, then I see a bunch I haven't see in a couple of years!

The talent on this list is at a VERY high level as well, which always makes for some interesting racing, and good information sharing in the pits. Every one attending should have ample oppertunity to learn some new things :D

That being said, I am gonna be setting my sights on some B-Mains! It's looking like that goal may be out of reach for stock, lol. If you guys decide to do bump-up I would be one happy supporter of the idea! I never see a reason not to run them without AAAs, and it's easy to set up in ZRound :D

One last thing, is any one planning on recording the races? I can bring the camera and tri-pod, but may want some one else to help que it up for recording.

arch2b
2011.02.07, 08:06 AM
not registration, additional motors per the post i quoted... $30 for additional motor?

hrdrvr
2011.02.07, 08:16 AM
^ Ah, my bad, I misread it for registration....

As far as motors, I have been to a LOT of hand-out motor events (some with multiple classes with hand-outs). I have only ever needed an additional motor once. I would say that I won't need one, but I hope there are at least a few available. I would commit to buying one if the price is reasonable, and it is necessary to ensure there is an extra for me.

bermbuster
2011.02.07, 08:21 AM
^ Ah, my bad, I misread it for registration....

As far as motors, I have been to a LOT of hand-out motor events (some with multiple classes with hand-outs). I have only ever needed an additional motor once. I would say that I won't need one, but I hope there are at least a few available. I would commit to buying one if the price is reasonable, and it is necessary to ensure there is an extra for me.

World champions frequently get additional motors.....:cool:
If you get a poor performer sometimes you need to get a
new motor.....:D

VAzRACER
2011.02.07, 09:47 AM
We are getting a total of 40 motors at this time, more if needed. Once all the handouts have been given to the drivers if someone has an issue we can just do a swap. It will have to be legit issue thought. We can check the motors and decide after that what needs to be done.

I doubt we will have any issues though, same as hrdrvr, I have only ever swapped out one motor at a handout race.

Hrdrvr- I got a new cisco flip for x-mas. It records 2 hours of hd video so it will be plenty to cover the mains. Thanks for the offer though.

I believe after talking to mike we will be doing bumps but most likely only from the b's. It's to easy not to do and it might help a few of us out. :p

hrdrvr
2011.02.07, 10:32 AM
World champions frequently get additional motors.....:cool:
If you get a poor performer sometimes you need to get a
new motor.....:D

I think I gave out like 4 or 5 extra stock motors at the worlds....so not very many. I don't remember any one who was A-Main getting one.....

Hrdrvr- I got a new cisco flip for x-mas. It records 2 hours of hd video so it will be plenty to cover the mains. Thanks for the offer though.

I believe after talking to mike we will be doing bumps but most likely only from the b's. It's to easy not to do and it might help a few of us out. :p

Cool about the flip. I will likely still bring mine, so we will have it for back-up, and maybe some other angles, close-up following, etc...

Why only bumps from the B's? It doesn't seem fair to the people who will be in the lower mains.

VAzRACER
2011.02.07, 11:13 AM
Everyone seems to want everything to wrap up at a decent time and if we have to wait 5 minutes or more between each main then time is really going to add up fast but if nobody has any objections then we can do bumps from all mains. Right now just by a rough estimate we should finish all the racing around 7 and still have to give out the awards and prizes.

chad508
2011.02.07, 11:41 AM
im not leaving till sunday so im all for bumps from all mains.

hrdrvr
2011.02.07, 11:49 AM
Im never short for ideas, but id love to see what your thinking ;)

These are a few I drew up over the years. Some of them are form the old hobby shop, some were proposed layouts for our space at the plex. They are mostly in the 24x12 range, but of course can be stretched out :D

We actually ran a slight variation of this a couple of years ago as the first layout for the hobby shop.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Layouts/2011-02-07_11-11-47_822.jpg

Here is a very similar one, but a little longer, and more flowy on the left.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Layouts/2011-02-07_11-11-37_860.jpg

We ran this as a warm-up for the worlds. Had a weeks worth of practice on it....
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Layouts/2011-02-07_11-12-04_563.jpg

These two are ones I proposed for layouts. I even set each one up too see what they looked like, and to see how they filled the space at the plex. We never ran on either :(

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Layouts/2011-02-07_11-12-17_234.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Layouts/2011-02-07_11-12-41_512.jpg

All of the layouts Ive drawn, and most of the ones we have raced on have a few more slow sections than the ones you proposed, but still offer plenty of wide open spaces for the mod cars to open up and stretch a gap.

I look forward to running on whatever you come up with!

arch2b
2011.02.07, 12:50 PM
my scheduled opened up thanks to an unfortunate logistical problem with shuttling b-day kids around so i'm open all day saturday now, not that any changes need be made on my account. just fyi.

it would be nice to see bumps for everyone, allows everyone a shot at moving up.

geeunit1014
2011.02.07, 02:43 PM
Cool stuff landon :D Only problem I see with most of them is we dont have enough large inside corners for most of them (especially the worlds warm up with 13 of them :eek:)

Daddy Rabbit
2011.02.07, 04:10 PM
Matt,
Are you keeping track of everyones transponder?
I told you I had 22 before but now I have 20, will this be a problem?
I prefer 20 but I can use 2 or 22 if that works better for you and the rest of the people that may have one of those numbers, let me know if someone is already using 20.
Thank you.

arch2b
2011.02.07, 04:20 PM
fyi, i bought a 2nd transponder, #10. so i now have #10 and #13.

VAzRACER
2011.02.07, 04:46 PM
my scheduled opened up thanks to an unfortunate logistical problem with shuttling b-day kids around so i'm open all day saturday now, not that any changes need be made on my account. just fyi.

it would be nice to see bumps for everyone, allows everyone a shot at moving up.

We are going to have bumbs from all the mains and we will sort the races so that nobody will have to race back to back.

Matt,
I prefer 20 but I can use 2 or 22 if that works better for you and the rest of the people that may have one of those numbers, let me know if someone is already using 20.
Thank you.

I have been keeping track and when you sign up the day of the race there will be a spot for the tx# on the sheet.

One of out local guys has 20 but I dont think hes coming out so you should be ok. 22 is open though so bring it with you just in case.

Gotcha. One of the guys from MB have #10 so you will more than likley be using #13 all day.

mleemor60
2011.02.07, 05:09 PM

I have #5 and #6

VAzRACER
2011.02.07, 05:15 PM
I have #5 and #6

5 is open. 6 is spoken for.

kromie101
2011.02.07, 05:27 PM
GEE, try and make the track flowy and not real choppy. make it easy for us older guys:D. i'm sure it's gonna be cool:cool:.

Scrapper
2011.02.07, 05:39 PM
In mod can u only run life cells or can u run a lipo battery with 70 t
I might make it

JuniorWKR
2011.02.07, 05:46 PM
Matt,
Thank you.

i have 22 so if you have 20 and its not a prob for matt is will be awesome for me...

VAzRACER
2011.02.07, 06:13 PM
In mod can u only run life cells or can u run a lipo battery with 70 t
I might make it

LiFe cells and a 70t in mod are allowed. Any other motor and you have to use AAA's. No lipos just LiFe cells.

Scrapper
2011.02.07, 06:50 PM
Thank you matt

geeunit1014
2011.02.07, 11:06 PM
These are a few I drew up over the years. Some of them are form the old hobby shop, some were proposed layouts for our space at the plex. They are mostly in the 24x12 range, but of course can be stretched out :D

All of the layouts Ive drawn, and most of the ones we have raced on have a few more slow sections than the ones you proposed, but still offer plenty of wide open spaces for the mod cars to open up and stretch a gap.

I look forward to running on whatever you come up with!

I came up with this, it incorporates a few of the elements of those designs, and meets our tile budget requirements ;)

I still like the #5 better personally (ill save everyone the long winded explanation ;)), but this one would be a lot of fun too :cool:

hrdrvr
2011.02.08, 07:13 AM
Cool stuff landon :D Only problem I see with most of them is we dont have enough large inside corners for most of them (especially the worlds warm up with 13 of them :eek:)

I came up with this, it incorporates a few of the elements of those designs, and meets our tile budget requirements ;)

I still like the #5 better personally (ill save everyone the long winded explanation ;)), but this one would be a lot of fun too :cool:

The last layout you came up with (cc6) is my favorite of yours. It is a good mix of slow fast and medium corners, with a few spots that will be high speed, but rather tricky (scoping that little tight spot on the right of the middle :D) with a VERY narrow line.

I mentioned it to Matt, but Ill post it here so you can see it too. I can probably bring a few pieces with me. It seems like y'all have plenty tiles, but if a few 45* pieces or a couple of extra wide radius corners would help, I can bring a few with me. I should be there pretty early Friday. I am planning on driving up to my G-Mas house in Richmond Thursday, and rolling up there to try and hit it early afternoon.

We are going to have bumps from all the mains and we will sort the races so that nobody will have to race back to back.

Gotcha. One of the guys from MB have #10 so you will more than likley be using #13 all day.

Sounds great about the bumps. The more I look at the list, the more I think I may need to bump from some Cs to make my goal of Bs, lol.

As far as transponders, it is good to have an idea about what to use, but I think every one should bring everything they have. If you try and rely on being able to use just one, inevitably, some one else will have it. I have about 10 different numbers Ill be bringing that don't match any of the MB guys, but I am sue some of them, and our personal ones will be duplicates of others at the event. The best thing Matt will be able to do is get all the ones every one has available, then try and sort it out in the first round of qualifying. Guys with multiple ones or people getting loaners may have to actually swap between rounds of qualifying to make it work. I've done enough events to know, unless you actually have a separate number for every one, it never works out perfect :D

Daddy Rabbit
2011.02.08, 10:53 AM
i have 22 so if you have 20 and its not a prob for matt is will be awesome for me...
No problem, I want to use 20 and have 2 also as back up, I'll use what ever makes it flow.:)
I look forward to seeing all you guys up there.

JuniorWKR
2011.02.08, 10:58 AM
thank you...

we are now discussing the possibilty of commin fri and staying over...

chad508
2011.02.08, 12:16 PM
i really like cc6 also. either way im just ready to race.

geeunit1014
2011.02.08, 03:38 PM
The last layout you came up with (cc6) is my favorite of yours. It is a good mix of slow fast and medium corners, with a few spots that will be high speed, but rather tricky (scoping that little tight spot on the right of the middle :D) with a VERY narrow line.

I mentioned it to Matt, but Ill post it here so you can see it too. I can probably bring a few pieces with me. It seems like y'all have plenty tiles, but if a few 45* pieces or a couple of extra wide radius corners would help, I can bring a few with me. I should be there pretty early Friday. I am planning on driving up to my G-Mas house in Richmond Thursday, and rolling up there to try and hit it early afternoon.

Thanks Landon, I think it may be too tricky actually :eek: Id rather have it be a tad less tricky and have better bumper to bumper racing then have it be too tricky and see cars get piled up. It would be very cool if you can bring some, I can think of a few places some large inside corners would fit nicely :)

kromie101
2011.02.08, 04:54 PM
mikeg,thats the best one yet imo:).

Mike Keely
2011.02.08, 06:14 PM
I like #5 better also.

kromie101
2011.02.08, 07:16 PM
on the #5 track, will the driver stand be on the other side of the straight? i must have over looked the 5 track. looks pretty crazy:D