PDA

View Full Version : Transponder

monkeyZ
2011.01.14, 02:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this was covered in another thread.

Is this the transponder that we use at the Dojo?

TRP GiroZ Transponder V2

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=21125

Does it matter what number I get? I'm assuming someone already has 8,10 or 11, but those are the only number available right now.

thanks,

BT

rensuchan
2011.01.14, 04:25 PM
Indeed it is.

mini-z
2011.01.14, 04:39 PM
B, it certainly does matter what # you get but I try to deliberately order #s that no one in our group has, so you're fine w/ your #11 that you ordered - thanks! :)

monkeyZ
2011.01.14, 06:26 PM
Great! Thanks! See you guys in a bit...

rensuchan
2011.01.15, 10:25 AM
Hey Bryan,

Let me know how it goes with my hopefully-not-busted Transponder. You can either reply here or PM me, I check at least once a day here.

monkeyZ
2011.01.17, 03:32 PM
I will be probing it on my bench tonight. If it's a part other than the micro, we can probably fix it before the next gtg!

monkeyZ
2011.01.18, 01:54 PM
L, can you spare 5 cents to try to fix the transponder? It looks like you connected it backward and blew the protection diode. Like I said, it will cost you about 5 cents to try to fix it. I will get the part for you!

;)

rensuchan
2011.01.18, 03:48 PM
5 CENTS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO!

I don't think I can afford that :(

just kidding, I'll give you 10 cents, keep the extra 5 for a tip!

monkeyZ
2011.01.18, 07:07 PM
actually D was making a digi-key order and he bought the repair part... so you can thank him if it works. I won't be at the GTG on the 29th, but D will have your transponder.....

mini-z
2011.01.29, 02:47 PM
I will be probing it on my bench tonight...

Yeah, and when you're done w/ that, maybe you can look at L's transponder!? :D:p

L, can you spare 5 cents to try to fix the transponder? It looks like you connected it backward and blew the protection diode. Like I said, it will cost you about 5 cents to try to fix it. I will get the part for you!

;)

FYI L it ended up being something like $0.36 so you owe me maad $$$ now! :D

actually D was making a digi-key order and he bought the repair part... so you can thank him if it works. I won't be at the GTG on the 29th, but D will have your transponder.....

For reasons beyond my control the part did not make it in time (it's currently in transit though) but I will get it to monkeyZ before the next event so he can get you sorted. :)

Btw, I have pretty much everyone's transponder #s on the little sheet I use to gather payment info/freq/etc. each week so will post a thread listing everyone's after confirming tonight. :)