PDA

View Full Version : mount for 96mm

vash
2011.01.14, 06:55 PM
Thinking of setting up a Mosler body with 96mm base. Wondering what mount people are running 96mm with. Thanks

VAzRACER
2011.01.14, 07:38 PM
Thinking of setting up a Mosler body with 96mm base. Wondering what mount people are running 96mm with. Thanks

I forgot to answer this in your pm. Use the pn 94-98 lcg. I think it v3? Whatever the newest one is. You will have to use a 96mm t-bar with it.

lfisminiz
2011.01.14, 09:33 PM
Could also use the new PN reconfigure mount. It uses regular MM t-bars.

briankstan
2011.01.17, 11:11 AM
Could also use the new PN reconfigure mount. It uses regular MM t-bars.

this is what I'm running at 96mm. I really like it.

mugler
2011.01.17, 02:30 PM
this is what I'm running at 96mm. I really like it.

Have you run the Atomic one as well and if so how does it compare...I read on a blog that the Atomic 96mm has some drawbacks with the non adjustable disk post & such... wonder how the new RR mount will compare at 96 but guess have to wait for nowto find that out.

briankstan
2011.01.17, 03:14 PM
I haven't run the Atomic pod. I tend to like the PN ones better. I'd be interested in trying the Reflex pod as well.

EMU
2011.01.17, 05:01 PM
I love the RR pod at 96mm... Cant wait for the production version to come out :) The Atomic pod has its limitations due to the damper post and gear mesh adjustability (not able to use large pinion/spur without modification), but it performs well. It is not currently compatable with any tri-damper setups, which has become my setup of choice, but it works well with a DDS.

I have not used the PN adjustable mount, and dont plan to. I dont like the idea of having many different alloy pieces screwed through a CF plate. It adds more points of failure, and possibility for flex/misalignment. I have seen good results with it, but I am going to wait for the production Reflex mount.