PDA

View Full Version : ~dori dori~

Deca
2011.01.17, 03:31 PM
Just out of curiosity, who all is serious about getting into Mini Z drifting? I know there was a lot of talk last friday, and seemed to be a lot of genuine interest (mostly thanks to Okabe's sweet Evos, thanks again for letting me drive!).

I've been drifting various cheap RC cars for far longer than I've been racing. My R34 X-Mod was completely dedicated to drifting, I used to tape the tires on my radio shack buggy, and I still have the Tyco Drift Kings FD3S. I like drifting a lot, but wasn't sure how anyone else at the club felt about it. I know Will has past experience, David has had his 010 sideways, and Okabe has obviously done some drifting. John and I are pretty much set on grabbing MA-010s, hopefully by the next race if financially feasible. The more the merrier, and if there's enough interest actual competitions could be put together.

YoYo-Pete
2011.01.17, 03:48 PM
Yeah.... Next payroll I'm clicking the order button (on the 31st).

We're pretty serious about it... Probably get tattoos for it and everything.

You guys should probably just sell of all the F1 stuff and we'll just switch that slot to drift time.

Word.

monkeyZ
2011.01.17, 04:24 PM
I have been eying up the AWD subi for a while now. If they had the race livery in stock I would have already purchased it.

Deca
2011.01.17, 04:31 PM
I have been eying up the AWD subi for a while now. If they had the race livery in stock I would have already purchased it.

I know there's one Formula D Impreza as a Readyset, and I...think there's a Cusco Impreza autoscale back in the store? I might be wrong on that one.

Just nobody buy that last RX7 readyset out from under me, I'll be very very sad :'(

YoYo-Pete
2011.01.17, 05:11 PM
I was going to get the Formula D Impreza AWD readyset, but I'm getting a different body, so if someone wants to buy/trade the body from the ready set, I'm down.

I'm picking up the Nissan S15 Silvia body for my drift car.

monkeyZ
2011.01.18, 08:09 PM
had my heart set on the this one...

http://www.rceasy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/30577-01l.jpg

rensuchan
2011.01.19, 03:42 PM
I might get on the drift bandwagon later, but it wouldn't happen for a while.... unless I decide to screw converting to 2.4 and keep all of my stuff AM lol.

Deca
2011.01.19, 03:55 PM
I might get on the drift bandwagon later, but it wouldn't happen for a while.... unless I decide to screw converting to 2.4 and keep all of my stuff AM lol.

Or you could get an 010 and use it for both :) You should be able to drift pretty well with drift tires on a race setup, just don't try racing with soft tires on a drift setup :p

rensuchan
2011.01.19, 04:46 PM
That's what I mean really Deca, I have to get a MA-010.

If I'm going to go 2.4, my money is going to 2.4 stuff.

If not, I can get an AM MA-010 and use that.

rensuchan
2011.01.19, 05:03 PM
Also, when I do drift...

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/body_detail.html?product_id=107075

Whenever it comes out in the states.. hopefully soon. I won't race with other cars with that body but drifting should be okay =P

Deca
2011.01.19, 05:32 PM
Ahhh I see what you're saying, I thought you meant as opposed to spending the money upgrading the electronics in the cars you already have somehow.

I caught this car a while back when it was announced, dunno how I forgot about it. It's just a shame the livery isn't on something more drifty :p

Either way it does look sweet, reminds me of the Idolm@ster Ace Combat 6 paintjobs, pretty sure they released plamo of those too :)

MRDAVT
2011.01.19, 10:37 PM
YoYo-Pete, I'm interested in your Impreza. But I don"t have S15... May buy it depens on price..

Skv012a
2011.01.20, 01:36 AM
Can i move to where you guys are? Pretty please?

Deca
2011.01.20, 11:10 AM
Can i move to where you guys are? Pretty please?

Yes! I'm sure it would make D very happy :p

I was honestly surprised there wasn't even a single drifting thread anywhere on the entire forum...but I guess this is Mini Z Racer technically >>

YoYo-Pete
2011.01.20, 11:45 AM
YoYo-Pete, I'm interested in your Impreza. But I don"t have S15... May buy it depens on price..

This is my plan... Gonna grab that readyset with the Impreza and the S15. I'll hook you up at a deal or we can trade some stuff.

I want to drift the S15 on the MA-010. Just dont have any interest in/need for the Impreza body.

Skv012a
2011.01.20, 01:23 PM
Pop into my gallery thread, I have some nice shots in there.

Deca
2011.01.20, 04:50 PM
Pop into my gallery thread, I have some nice shots in there.

I only see one drift car and it's just sittin there! :p

I remember this gallery now though, when I was first getting set up you offered some advice :) Still loving the Europa, I need to get my hands on one. Love the KPGC10 as well.

Deca
2011.01.31, 04:11 PM
OK so we got the cars running! These things are crazy fun. They look surprisingly realistic depending on the surface you run them on, I'm really impressed considering the size. My FC even lost a bumper, drifting doesn't get much more realistic than that :p

Steve was kind enough to offer up some field markers at the next race. We found that the 010s really seem to drift the best on the carpet, so using some masking tape and the field markers we should be able to lay out a legit drift stage next time. Hopefully get some nice tandems going :)

We should definitely vacuum the area of carpet we're going to use next time. It's crazy dirty. Fortunately, the dirt mostly seemed to get on the body and I really didn't find anything gunking up or tangled around any of the drivetrain when we tore down to install the bearings yesterday. The bodies did pick up an alarming amount of dirt, however, and better to be safe than sorry. Hopefully the our vacuum is powerful enough to clean up the carpet a bit lol

Really not sure what to do as far as tuning...I've got plenty of ideas because I know how to set up real drift cars, but I don't know what's really going to affect a car this small enough to be worth doing.

mini-z
2011.02.05, 10:10 AM
...David has had his 010 sideways...

Yeah I got an 010 as soon as they came out (I've got connections! :D :rolleyes: :p) and of course had to toss some drift tires on it right away - I think this was actually at one of our very first Dojo GTGs back when we were downtown...!

You guys should probably just sell of all the F1 stuff and we'll just switch that slot to drift time.

Hahaha wow now it's going to be Norman, Will, Lawrence, Carlos etc. vs. Deca, YY-P, Okabe and, urm, Lawrence in a gang-style F1 vs. Drift rivalry.
Lawrence just picked up an 010, and it sounds like BT might be going for it too (he mentioned the fun idea of doing rally - we DO have the off-road RCP tiles!); though maybe Derrick will finally pull the trigger on the SP2 Carbon F1 he's been eying forever when he gets back from his world tour...:p

Really not sure what to do as far as tuning...I've got plenty of ideas because I know how to set up real drift cars, but I don't know what's really going to affect a car this small enough to be worth doing.

Did you check out color0's Drift Bible on TRC:

http://tinyrc.com/forums/blog.php?b=68

? :)

mini-z
2011.02.05, 10:12 AM
Oh, and demos:

http://tinyrc.com/forums/blog.php?b=71

:)

Deca
2011.02.06, 12:26 AM
Yeah Lawrence told me you conned him into the kit, I'm excited to add power to my drift legion >:] Will might be somewhat conflicted if this war goes down ;P

I saw one of the other clubs discussing rally racing and thought that sounded pretty sweet. Get some elevation changes and jumps going on and I might invest in that new Celica ASC.

I remember seeing this drift article a while back, I'd forgotten about it. Good info here, especially regarding techniques for anyone new to drifting.

John picked up a bunch of nice little rubber cones, combined with Steves markers we should be able to set up something cool on the carpet at the next race!

color01
2011.02.06, 12:40 AM
I fixed the video links so the demos are back up. :)

Sadly drifting is not the hot thing down here in Socal, so I couldn't justify keeping my AWD for one purpose only. If you guys want more drifting videos I'll slap a gyro on my 03 and have at it. :cool:

mini-z
2011.02.06, 04:01 PM
Yeah Lawrence told me you conned him into the kit, I'm excited to add power to my drift legion >:] Will might be somewhat conflicted if this war goes down ;P

I saw one of the other clubs discussing rally racing and thought that sounded pretty sweet. Get some elevation changes and jumps going on and I might invest in that new Celica ASC.

I remember seeing this drift article a while back, I'd forgotten about it. Good info here, especially regarding techniques for anyone new to drifting.

John picked up a bunch of nice little rubber cones, combined with Steves markers we should be able to set up something cool on the carpet at the next race!

Whoa, I didn't even think of the Celica too - nice!! So, not to stray too far off topic but maybe we need to have regularly-scheduled non-regular races, i.e. other than Dojo series and now HFAY we could have a drift night, rally night, F1 night - not to mention random things like Mini Cooper Cup or Ferrari Challenge or Super GT or ... you name it...!? :eek::D:cool:

Oh, and RE Lawrence's 010 - I spent half the weekend looking for my old 27MHz 010 board for his kit - anyone else in the Dojo got one handy they could donate? I can't find this thing to save my life...!? :confused::o

mini-z
2011.02.06, 04:04 PM
I fixed the video links so the demos are back up. :)

Sadly drifting is not the hot thing down here in Socal, so I couldn't justify keeping my AWD for one purpose only. If you guys want more drifting videos I'll slap a gyro on my 03 and have at it. :cool:

Sweet, hook it up B! :) Yeah, it's experiencing a resurgence at our club lately for some reason! :)

Deca
2011.02.07, 11:05 AM
Whoa, I didn't even think of the Celica too - nice!! So, not to stray too far off topic but maybe we need to have regularly-scheduled non-regular races, i.e. other than Dojo series and now HFAY we could have a drift night, rally night, F1 night - not to mention random things like Mini Cooper Cup or Ferrari Challenge or Super GT or ... you name it...!? :eek::D:cool:

Definitely! Themed races would be a ton of fun, and I'm all about the idea of more get togethers :D Seriously, awesome idea and I'd be very happy if it went somewhere :)

rensuchan
2011.02.07, 11:14 AM
The more we race the better, I kinda hate waiting 2 weeks =P

mini-z
2011.02.07, 02:51 PM
A'ight I deputized Deca to take the lead on this concept as we all know how much capacity I have on my plate. Probably worth spinning off as a new thread to get ideas etc.? :)

Deca
2011.02.14, 02:38 PM
OK so finally experimented with adding ballast to front of car, works AMAZINGLY WELL. Taped two quarters together and then attached them up under the front of my FCs hood and the difference is profound. Fully controlled drifting on RCP, big links, manjis through straights, and even a couple reverse entries :)

DEFINITELY try this if you're putting together a drift car, you'll love it.

mini-z
2011.02.14, 04:29 PM
Whatever, drifting is banned at the Dojo now after you guys made fun of me for not being able to somehow magically do a triple salchow reverse feint within 2 minutes of picking up your Tx despite not having seen drift tires since probably before you had your 1:1 driver's license!!! :p:eek::D:)

Deca
2011.02.14, 05:26 PM
Whatever, drifting is banned at the Dojo now after you guys made fun of me for not being able to somehow magically do a triple salchow reverse feint within 2 minutes of picking up your Tx despite not having seen drift tires since probably before you had your 1:1 driver's license!!! :p:eek::D:)

Hey Steve was tearing it up right off the bat with my FC ;)

mini-z
2011.02.17, 09:56 PM
Grrrr....:mad::p:o:)

monkeyZ
2011.04.13, 06:57 PM
alright I got one of the MA10 SP's that are on sale right now. Just waiting for Mini-z to actually get a 2.4ghz MA10 board in stock so I can put this guy together!

I chose the Lancia body since I am more of a WRC kind of dude.... btw I have a full RCP track at my house if you guys want to have random drift gtg.

http://shop.tinyrc.com/d_images/KYO-30562M-JB-a.jpg

Deca
2011.04.14, 10:17 AM
alright I got one of the MA10 SP's that are on sale right now. Just waiting for Mini-z to actually get a 2.4ghz MA10 board in stock so I can put this guy together!

I chose the Lancia body since I am more of a WRC kind of dude.... btw I have a full RCP track at my house if you guys want to have random drift gtg.

http://shop.tinyrc.com/d_images/KYO-30562M-JB-a.jpg

Oh? :o

Whereabouts do you live? If you're not too far I'm totally down to come rock.

Edit: Actually I'm totally down to get sideways this weekend if you're interested.

monkeyZ
2011.04.17, 09:23 AM
Oh? :o

Whereabouts do you live? If you're not too far I'm totally down to come rock.

Edit: Actually I'm totally down to get sideways this weekend if you're interested.

I'm over in Canton off Beck near Michigan Ave. It's about 20 minutes from the Dojo!

Can't this weekend, but will keep you posted!

vigilanterc
2011.04.17, 05:43 PM
When in the heck is the next Dojo race?
I never seem to find out until the last minute!!
Steven
Vigilante R/C