PDA

View Full Version : Race Event Saturday 1/29/10 7pm - Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, MI - Mini-ZRacer.com

hobbycar
2011.01.18, 08:25 PM
Join us for another Ann Arbor Mini-Z GTG (AA GTG) on Saturday January 29th, 2010 at 7pm. We primarily run Mini-Zs (2WD, AWD, and F1s) (MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, MR-01). But if you want you can bring your DNanos, Iwavers, XMods, Micro-Ts, and Epochs, etc. Some people even bring their rc helicopters and airplanes :eek:

New people are welcome as always! Everyone is friendly and helpful and we have lots of fun! :)

NOTE: here's the easy to remember URL to keep up to date with our events: http://www.mini-zracer.com/annarbor

Please bring $10 to cover the cost of the race night (one fee for the whole night of practice and racing - a great value!).
Reminder: You can now pay your entry fees online (http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=19617&cat=485&page=1).

NOTE: Transponder rental is $3 (http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=20512) for the entire night if you do not own one.

This is a standard Saturday Event that starts at 7pm.

It is in Ypsilanti, MI (just southeast of Ann Arbor). The address is:
3140 Carpenter, Ypsilanti, MI 48197

Reminder that Dojo 4 is now 3140 Carpenter - park around the back of the building and use the back door to since the storefront section is closed when we start.

------------------------------------------
Get your orders into http://Shop.TinyRC.com early and you can choose to pick it up at this AA GTG Event to save on shipping costs.

Post here to let us know what time you plan to come and what time you need to leave.
------------------------------------------

We have started our new 2011 Ann Arbor Mini-ZRacer.com season! And we have decided to rejoin HowFastAreYou.com (HFAY) (http://www.HowFastAreYou.com/) for its season # 11! We will be doing the HFAY races one week, and then do our personal big track race the other AA GTG week during the month. HFAY is a smaller layout than we typically do but is fun in that you can compete and compare your times to racers all around the world

Since we did HFAY last time (Friday Jan 14th) we will be doing our bigger track layout this time (see below for an example of a big track we run).

(We didn't get in the HFAY Formula 1 races in last time so maybe we can do a makeup of those races if enough people want to and we have enough time)

-hobbycar

example of one of the big tracks we have run:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29509&stc=1&d=1269198341
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30501&d=1284348164

Deca
2011.01.19, 10:58 AM
Ahaha that's my birthday, kinda snuck up on me, I was surprised when D told me the date!

I suppose the RX7 is going to be my birthday gift to myself, looking forward to getting in some drifting :)

rensuchan
2011.01.19, 02:40 PM
I'll be there. Maybe just a little bit late, but not later than 7:30.

monkeyZ
2011.01.21, 12:19 PM
I have another race event that night... see you at the next one. L, I will get your fixed transponder to D before the 29th.

Deca
2011.01.21, 01:15 PM
I have another race event that night... see you at the next one. L, I will get your fixed transponder to D before the 29th.

YOU'RE SEEING ANOTHER CLUB?!! D:

I'm at a loss for words, I feel dead inside. I thought we had something special.

monkeyZ
2011.01.22, 03:45 PM
Not exactly... I have a club in my basement that night!

getting the slot car guys to come over and try out mini-z!

rensuchan
2011.01.22, 04:36 PM
Bring em to the track!

will3kgt
2011.01.24, 05:29 PM
See you guys there.

Raeus
2011.01.25, 09:50 PM
I just got a mini z car would love to come down and race on a track. Anything I need to do or bring to come by there Saturday?

rensuchan
2011.01.25, 11:08 PM
Yourself, your car, and your wallet (you're going to end up spending money for sure lol) will be sufficient :)

Deca
2011.01.26, 08:14 AM
Yourself, your car, and your wallet (you're going to end up spending money for sure lol) will be sufficient :)

Don't let him scare you off if money is an issue :p you won't technically HAVE to spend anything if you just want to run on the track during practice sessions.

However, if your z is totally bone stock you'll probably want to grab some tires at the very least. What chassis and body are you running?

Raeus
2011.01.26, 12:57 PM
I have a MR 02 with a Aston Martin body. Went and found the cheapest car to see if I liked it. I did buy some tries and rechargeable batteries. I can see were this hobby can be expensive very quickly.

I already want to buy a different body, bearings, and a million other things that just look cool.

So I will have my wallet with me. Am looking forward to Saturday. Hopefully I will be easy to find the place. Since it will be a little bit of a drive to get there.

Deca
2011.01.26, 01:30 PM
I have a MR 02 with a Aston Martin body. Went and found the cheapest car to see if I liked it. I did buy some tries and rechargeable batteries. I can see were this hobby can be expensive very quickly.

I already want to buy a different body, bearings, and a million other things that just look cool.

So I will have my wallet with me. Am looking forward to Saturday. Hopefully I will be easy to find the place. Since it will be a little bit of a drive to get there.

Ah right, just realized you posted up the other thread. It shouldn't be too hard to track down, especially with google maps and all that. The shop isn't hidden on some back country road or anything.

I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself, everyone out here is cool. I just got into the whole Z thing a few months back myself, all the guys were very welcoming and helpful. My roommate came out to see a race about a month back and now he's all into it too, so I should warn you it's addictive :p

I'm looking forward to Saturday quite a bit as well, have an MA010 chilling at the shop waiting for me to pick it up and get all sideways with it ;)

PS:If anyone has MA010 wheels of various offsets laying around, could you bring them in? I'd like to test fit some different offsets and see how they look before committing to buying anything...

vigilanterc
2011.01.26, 07:13 PM
Planning on being there as well!! DNANO's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And of course some Mini-Z-s as well!!:rolleyes:

hobbycar
2011.01.26, 08:06 PM
Hopefully I will be easy to find the place. Since it will be a little bit of a drive to get there.

It shouldn't be too hard to track down, especially with google maps and all that. The shop isn't hidden on some back country road or anything.

Like Deca said just google/mapquest the address:
It is in Ypsilanti, MI (just southeast of Ann Arbor). The address is:
3140 Carpenter, Ypsilanti, MI 48197

And just note that to park around the back of the building/plaza and use the back door to since the storefront section is closed when we start (should be one or a bunch of cars in back depending on when you arrive).

Like the other guys have said, we are pretty friendly to new people coming to try it out.

-hobbycar

YoYo-Pete
2011.01.27, 08:46 AM
Yeah... I'm new to the group. It's very fun and chill and everyone is super nice.

Some extra info to find the place...

It's the plaza with Kroger, Home Goods, Riders, and a CVS.
Rider's Hobby Shop - Google Maps http://bit.ly/hHOmOI

Raeus
2011.01.27, 06:15 PM
Yeah... I'm new to the group. It's very fun and chill and everyone is super nice.

Some extra info to find the place...

It's the plaza with Kroger, Home Goods, Riders, and a CVS.
Rider's Hobby Shop - Google Maps http://bit.ly/hHOmOI

That will make it a little easier to find.

MRDAVT
2011.01.27, 07:34 PM
I will be there but may bit late. I will bring MA010 also. expected grip or drift?

Deca
2011.01.27, 11:51 PM
I will be there but may bit late. I will bring MA010 also. expected grip or drift?

Both! :) I'm planning to set up my MA010 as a dedicated drift car and just keep racing with the MR03.

YoYo-Pete and I will have our drift cars at this race. Don't know exactly how it will be organized but there will definitely be drifting.

mini-z
2011.01.29, 01:47 PM
Ahaha that's my birthday, kinda snuck up on me, I was surprised when D told me the date!

Happy B'day D! :)

I just got a mini z car would love to come down and race on a track. Anything I need to do or bring to come by there Saturday?

I know it's been covered but just wanted to add/FYI for others etc. - honestly you don't need anything to come race with us, not even a car. Anyone who is interested is welcome to come check it out, everyone's friendly and will likely let you try their car etc. And we've all got spare batteries, chargers, parts, etc. And obviously Mini-Z HQ (http://shop.tinyrc.com) is available should you need to pick something up. :D

PS:If anyone has MA010 wheels of various offsets laying around, could you bring them in? I'd like to test fit some different offsets and see how they look before committing to buying anything...

I think I have all offsets in my 010 parts bin which I'll have w/ me.

Plan for tonight is "regular" Dojo Enduro/Spring GT series i.e. LM/Mod and GT/Stock - though it's a new season, so, we can do whatever everyone wants really? In addition to the "regular" racing though we need to fit some dori dori in at some point for Deca and YYP so they can enjoy their new rigs! :D

Can Lawrence or someone else from Camera club bring a camera tonight, I have my F1 semi-assembled but home to have it done either by tonight's event or by the end of it? Oh, and does anyone have spare F1 motor holder/spacers, I can't seem to find mine from my original F1 which was one of the first in the US/almost a decade old and is now 2.4GHz! :D

FYI I sent the Dojo txt to all regulars who haven't already posted in this thread, so if you didn't get it, that means you already posted...or that you've not shown up lately so you're off the list! :eek::p:D

rensuchan
2011.01.29, 03:12 PM
Can Lawrence or someone else from Camera club bring a camera tonight, I have my F1 semi-assembled but home to have it done either by tonight's event or by the end of it? Oh, and does anyone have spare F1 motor holder/spacers, I can't seem to find mine from my original F1 which was one of the first in the US/almost a decade old and is now 2.4GHz! :D

I have my point and shoot with me whenever I leave the house so I got you covered.

I have the stock F1 motor holder and spacers if that will work for you too. Will you waive a $3 transponder rental for me since mine isn't fixed yet? =P

mini-z
2011.01.30, 09:44 AM
Thanks for F1 stuff L, you rock! :)

mini-z
2011.02.13, 01:18 PM
Dan, do you have transponder 7 - someone took it w/ them to solder it, but I can't recall who - was it you? :)

hobbycar
2011.02.13, 09:44 PM
Dan, do you have transponder 7 - someone took it w/ them to solder it, but I can't recall who - was it you? :)

D, you gave me one of the transponders to solder. So I probably have the extra one you are looking for.

-N

mini-z
2011.02.14, 03:33 PM
OH! OK, cool, thanks N! I found an old Weller I'm happy to donate to the Dojo for future soldering needs, but the tip is a little rusty - anyone got a replacement by any chance? :)