PDA

View Full Version : Dream Killr Racing of NY,NJ and CT

Slapstick10
2011.01.21, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the Dream Killr Racing Club offical thread. This is a racing club built by a group of racers for the racers. We are not supported nor sponsored by any track and never will be. We don't favor one manufacturer or track,we support them all. All our members are allowed to run whatever parts,body style and paint scheme they want. We do not discriminate against any caliber of driver, we embrace them all. A - Z Main drivers are always welcome! Our goal is simply...support the drivers and have fun.

To join Dream Killr Racing please visit us at www.dreamkillrracing.com

Here is the place you find local club races , and up and coming events that the club has intention on going to. You will also find set up tips and find straight answers with no motive.

Slapstick10
2011.01.21, 03:28 PM
These are the two next TCS events we are planning!

March 6, 2011Race # 161
Hobby Town USA , The Colliseum
919C East Street
Frederick , MD 21701
1-301-694-7395

July 24th, 2011Race #166
Hobby Town USA
6714 Ritchie Hwy # D
Glen Burnie , MD 21061
1-410-590-4950
This race is depending on the beach schedule!

bermbuster
2011.01.21, 05:27 PM
Dream Killr Racing.....Live the Dream....
Im looking forward to what the future will bring......:cool:

I wish I didnt give away our Tamiya s now.....:mad:
Good Luck to all the DKR racers going up to Madness....
The place (inside) will be on the cold side so bring the right clothing

rajiex
2011.01.21, 06:32 PM
Welcome to the Dream Killr Racing Club offical thread. This is a racing club built by a group of racers for the racers. We are not supported nor sponsored by any track and never will be. We don't favor one manufacturer or track,we support them all. All our members are allowed to run whatever parts,body style and paint scheme they want. We do not discriminate against any caliber of driver, we embrace them all. A - Z Main drivers are always welcome! Our goal is simply...support the drivers and have fun.

To join Dream Killr Racing please visit us at www.dreamkillrracing.com

Here is the place you find local club races , and up and coming events that the club has intention on going to. You will also find set up tips and find straight answers with no motive.

Scott, U took this further than anyone would have ever imagined. Congrats, Good luck on Sunday..

Scrapper
2011.01.21, 06:42 PM
Dreamkillr's for life

JuniorWKR
2011.01.22, 08:29 AM
just like to take a second to reachout to everyone... Maj and myself support the idea which is Dream Killr Racing.... we believe it is a just cause for this hobby and will continue to help DKR in any way we can...

i know we run at diffent tracks but if there is anything i can do to help you guys with setup, batteries, equipment anything at all please ask...

remember without tracks to run at this wouldnt be possible so please support your local hobby shops... guys like Maj and Al put alot on the line to make great racing environments for us... so show the love..

danny250r
2011.01.22, 09:59 AM
just wanna say good luck to all the DKR guys that are racing at madness this weekend , ok and DMS also :D

Slapstick10
2011.01.23, 06:38 AM
Well practice day was a little messy. The m chassis are in the best available condition they have ever been in. The TT01 however is a mess... The torque and vibration keeps loosening the cover to the spur gear and pinion. It loosens enough to keep knocking the mesh from the gearing out of control. I broke it down.... What a pain in the a$$ , have to remove half the car to get it. Rob seems to have his car under control. Well wish us luck.

PadrinoNY
2011.01.23, 09:27 AM
Thanx Junior for everything. Good luck to all see ya next TCS...... DKR 4 Life where the less you know the better you fit in LOL....

Slapstick10
2011.01.23, 09:20 PM
The results!

Rob B our local celebrity mini z driver kicked 1/10

Mini Cooper A Main 1st place
FF03 FWD A Main 2nd place

Being in this hobby and learning and watching rob he amazed me today by gaining the lead in mini coop by passing on a sweep on the outside line. I've watched rob race alot to learn lines and passing. I have never seen him take the outside and today it won the race for him! Unbelievable bro... Truely remarkable!

Scott

Mini Cooper B Main 3rd place
TT01 spec A Main 3rd place

I'm happy with my Proformance but want to do better. Same story for both cars. Tires,traction compound and temp were huge factors and I could not get it under control. This will be my focus for the beach this year!

Austin

DNF

I really feel bad for him during a practice run right before the main he hit the wall head on and busted the car up pretty good. Even Angelo and Kc from brownies crew couldn't get him going. I think I'm gonna get Austin a M05 pro. It's time to upgrade!

PadrinoNY
2011.01.23, 09:44 PM
Congratulations to all the members. Whoo who.....

Slapstick10
2011.01.24, 09:59 AM
Not to mention Alex Valdez had a good wenkend also. You got to see him wheel that Formula 1 around.

I rented a Slash for Austin also and he loved it. I see slash in the future!

I believe the dkr website has been updated. For members and dates!:D

EMU
2011.01.24, 10:57 AM
Congrats Rob and Scott. :) Looks like you both did very well.

Slapstick10
2011.01.24, 11:07 AM
Ty Eugene it was fun!

here is a picture of the Bronze Medal for 3rd place in the Tamiya TT01 Spec class I recieved. Rob got one in gold!:D

Slapstick10
2011.01.26, 09:54 AM
Clear you schedules boys! Al has announced the date for the winter national.
Anyone from DKR have any thoughts on Class. I know scrapper is going to say AWD......:) Also will we have races on friday before?

In light of the Action race the Tamiya race the 6th will be cancelled.

JuniorWKR
2011.01.26, 10:02 AM
third class should be something fast... two stock classes already...

Slapstick10
2011.01.31, 09:15 AM
Well.... I'm having nothing but problems with the shirt guy. I've re-ordered 3 times and found flaws in the shirts. Its the actuall shirts itself. As soon as I get them I'll get them to you guys.....I didnt forget.

Dave G now has the DKR lettering. He is charging $20 a sheet. If anyone would like to purchase them you can email him through our website links page.
FYI - he paints bodies also. Below is the lettering I sent him.....Hope it looks good on the Lambo:D

You can have it with checker board or not. Or if you have your own design feel free!

Slapstick10
2011.02.04, 03:38 PM
OK so most of DKR will be attending the Winternationals at Action a few will still be going to another race. I wish them luck as my heart will be with them!
I was looking forward to seeing Rob and Junior battling it out on the track! I don't know if they ever raced each other before but that would have been fun!

Al at Action is still deciding on the 3rd class. If I had to take a guess it would probably be Open Pan Car(Lexan and PLastic mixed) and maybe LM. I like the pan car aspect but the mix of lexan and plastic scares me. Lexan will make you faster but not stable while swapping paint with a plastic pan car....IMO!

I Ordered the Trophy's today......I borrowed the theme of the trophy's from Berm.....lol.....ok I stole them...lmao

The Team Trophy will be 28 inchs tall......

Followed by 3 first place trophy's 22 inches tall.

I stopped by the T shirt place today and they still didint have the shirts. I have to go again Monday. If I owe you a shirt....have no fear you'll get it.:D

Slapstick10
2011.02.26, 09:33 AM
Ok Guys
T shirts are in! Maj and Junior got theres. I was up at Maj's the other day. I ran dnano.....pretty fun.

Friday night races at Action. DKR Black had a good night. Even though short one driver I finished 2nd in A Main. Austin made B. So I will take danny's spot and danny will take mine it worked out. Shame danny didnt make it his Lambo is on fire.

just a reminder if you are coming please pm Al or email him. seating is filling up fast and we want to keep friends with friends since Al is assigning seating. Junior we got you 5 definate. You to Dave!

Bermbuster - I need to know what size shirt you are buddy?:D

Slapstick10
2011.03.03, 08:28 AM
I would like to get a good group DKR picture if you are coming to the nationals please bring your shirt. No is under obligation to wear it I ask just to put it on for the picture.

Rob B - One of our A Main Elite drivers will be leaving shortly for his Tamiya weekend. Rob I wish you luck buddy. Wish I was with yea! Would have liked to take another shot at the TT01 class.

JuniorWKR
2011.03.04, 10:11 AM
is Team DKR ready for the winternationals or what....

Slapstick10
2011.03.04, 11:00 AM
In the words of a friend! I am ready to rip up some Rcp !!!

JuniorWKR
2011.03.07, 01:04 PM
just wanna congragulate Team DKR on their great performances this past weekend at the Action Winternationals... keep up the good work everyone..

JuniorWKR
2011.03.07, 01:15 PM
hopefully we can ge that team group pic of DKR up here soon..

Slapstick10
2011.03.09, 06:38 AM
We'll the pics are up. TY sammy for not paying attention for the picture:p

I heard around town that April 30,2011 there is going to be a trophy race at MHS in Jersey. I'm sure junior will post it here when its official. I am clearing my schedule.:D

Slapstick10
2011.03.11, 02:52 PM
Clear your schedules boys the MHS race is scheduled
East Coast Districts at MHS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat Apr 30th at MHS. Doors open at 8 am racing starts at 11am

Classes are:
2wd 80t sportsman sealed handout motor - $25
GT 50t stock spec sealed handout motor -- $25
Pan Car Open - $10
F1 Open - $10

Rules:
2wd 80t Sportsman will follow all current pnwc rules. You can find the full set of rules on pn's website. 175g weight limit. factory windows and windsheilds and wing and body restrictions as far as modifications are concerened

GT 50t Stock Spec: 175g weight limit. lexan windows allowed. no wing restrictions. no electronic restrictions. must run AAA batteries and rubber tires

Pan Car Open: no weight restrictions. No electronic restrictions. Any manufacture pan body plastic or lexan allowed. AAA batteries and rubber tires required

F1 Open: AAA Batteries required. i know alot of you F1 enthusiasts really want to see the barriers broken down in this class so heres your chance. Run anything you want. as long as it runs on AAA batteries and remains within stock wheel base and legnth Max Wheel Base 130mm. Maximum Car Length 205mm. Maximum Car Width 85mm. Only rule is if you run foam tires no traction compound will be allowed on track.

MHS will stay open till 9pm on fri night for open free practice. It will not be the layout we are going to be racing on sat but it will give you guys the chance to at least run on the track and get your setups and tires together. At 9PM SHARP!!! MHS will be closing the doors and preparing the layout for sat morning. At that time noone will be permitted to run on the track. Doors will open at 8am sat and you will have 3 hours of just being able to get used to the layout and fine tuning your cars. We will run 10 min practice sessions of no more then 10 guys. Just as we did at the last PN regional race. After that 10 mins is up those guys will leave the drivers stand and the next 10 guys will get on. This is a very simple concept and im sure all you guys can make it work as we all just saw how successful it was yet again at the Action Winternationals. I will however dedicate the last 10 mins of each hour to strictly F1's, F1 guys you can run at any time at your own risk but i will dedicate time just for you guys to be out there by yourselves.

Top 5 in every Amain will recieve a plaque. Top 3 in all remaining mains will recieve a plaque.
We will also be giving away 4 Hot Lap Plaques. One for every class.

We will be running 5 min qualifiers. 8 min Amains and 6 min sub mains.

We already have sponsors lined up who have committed to some really amazing prizes. And more are comming in daily. Thank you for always stepping up and supporting MHS... the place to be...

Maj has also ask me to state that anyone who does an early prepaid registration will get a 5 dollar discount on the 80t and 50t classes. So if you guys want to preregister and save a few bucks you can paypal him at
maj993@optonline.net. Please leave full name and classes you will be running in the description box. Thank You.

so far confirmed sponsors are:
MHS
Reflex Racing
DG Designs
Team Scream Racing
Top Secret Motors
LL3 Industries

Keep looking back here as i will continue to update this post with any changes and an updated sponsors list. i will also update this post with a drivers list as things progress.

Slapstick10
2011.03.18, 10:49 AM
The East Coast Districts at MHS has a thread for information about this race. We are planning on going friday for Practice and saturday for race. Al is going to this race and the track will be closed for these days. I think the race schedule will be Tuesday and Thursday. Confirm with Al. If anyone wants to go and doesn't have a ride please contact me and we will work it out for you.

Slapstick10
2011.03.19, 08:25 AM
The East Coast Districts- It is important that let junior know if you are planning on going because of handout motors and spacing. This is going to be a great race! :D

DKR BLACK

WINS

DREAM TEAM CUP