PDA

View Full Version : KT-18 and multiple cars

TongueTied
2011.01.24, 06:24 AM
Can the KT-18 be bound to multiple cars? If I bind it to one car, and then another, do I have to rebind to use the first car again or does the transmitter remember the previous bind? If it can be bound to multiple cars, how many?

Traveler
2011.01.24, 06:54 AM
Can the KT-18 be bound to multiple cars? If I bind it to one car, and then another, do I have to rebind to use the first car again or does the transmitter remember the previous bind? If it can be bound to multiple cars, how many?

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, you can bind one KT-18 to multiple cars without reminding each time. Don't think there is a limit, because I beleive its the car that remembers the transmitter, not the other way around.

Guinness
2011.01.24, 10:42 AM
a bad thing i noticed is that you'll have to set the steering alignment everytime you switch cars b/c there's no memory

ActionRC
2011.01.24, 04:44 PM
I heard you can bind four cars to the KT18, but I never confirmed it to be true. If you're concerned about running more than one car, the Kyosho (KO Propo) EX5-UR is the best radio for the price. My customers have been very happy with it. :)

herman
2011.01.25, 05:24 AM
welcome to the forums!

yes you can bind the kt-18 to multiple cars... :D
i've got mine since the mr02 asf came out and have bound it to multiple chassis... mr015 mr02 ma010 and the mr03...

had no problems... except that sometimes you'll have to center the steering alignment when you go from one chassis to another (as pointed out by guinness)... hope this helps... :D

Guinness
2011.01.25, 10:05 AM
i currently have 6 ASF cars paired to my kt-18 and they all work fine

Fovea3d
2011.01.25, 10:38 AM
I have 6 mini-z and 6 dNano paired to the same transmitter.

It is the car that is bound to the TX, not the TX to the car, when you bind the car you set the car ID to match the TX ID.
The TX settings are not changed in any way during the pairing process and the TX does not know how many cars are paired with it.
You could virtually bind all the 2.4gz mini-z cars in the world to the same TX it would work :D