PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Action RC Mini Speedway Winternationals Info

ActionRC
2011.01.26, 08:43 AM
It's official! The 2011 Action RC Mini Speedway Winternationals will be held on March 5th! :D

11:00 Open, 1:45 mandatory drivers meeting, 2:00 Start

Registration will be limited, so sign-up soon! (Payment must be made in advance to hold your registration. Do NOT Private Message your registration!)

CLASSES
- Wide Body Stock
- Narrow Body Spec
- 3rd Class to be announced soon after a driver vote!

Please keep this thread limited to discussion about the Winternationals. See our regular (HUGE!) thread for our always entertaining everyday discussions!

If you do not receive emails from Action RC, and would like to be added to the mailing list, please email me at the address below to be added. The forum is great, but it is NOT where we post formal announcements. Email and the Action RC website is where you should look for formal information about this race and any other events or announcements. Stay tuned for pricing and class info!

Feel free to post your opinions for the thrid class below! The decision will be made no later than February 12th! Your vote counts!

JuniorWKR
2011.01.26, 10:14 AM
you can count the MHS boys in... i will get a head count together and send registration...

ActionRC
2011.01.26, 10:25 AM
you can count the MHS boys in... i will get a head count together and send registration...

Awesome! It'll be great to have you guys! Thanks, Junior! :)

Scrapper
2011.01.26, 11:37 AM
Can i paypal money

Also,
Al i have something relating to this you might be interested in lol

Micro t Third Class
My reasoning is that plenty of people have them and never use them and that your track is one of the only tracks that am works at

and besides your gonna get a very generous gift that will make you want to do this soon

J-Milz
2011.01.26, 12:42 PM
Micro t? :confused: Action don't even carry this product, or parts for hop ups (no Losi account). I dont think you would be able to get 7 entries into this class. I'd love to see an AWD, open pan car, or even Monster/ OL. They sell the M/OL in 2.4ghz now, and Al has an account with Kyosho, parts are on the shelves already, and it was by far the most fun class.

monkey19
2011.01.26, 07:29 PM
Sweet! I will probably make my 17th comeback attempt at the winter nationals.....I would love to see stadium trucks or ol's for a third class but I know that is a dream

Rob B
2011.01.26, 10:37 PM
just realized the date of the winternats ... march 5 is no good for me.. i planned on going to fredericks md for the tcs race on the 6th.. count me out .. :(

ActionRC
2011.01.27, 09:12 PM
That stinks, Rob. We need the most top level house guys we can get to beat the best of the best from NJ! ;)

Looking forward to your next comeback, Joe - again! Better start practicing!

Kevin S.
2011.01.31, 03:35 PM
Hey Al,
For the Narrow Body Spec class, is it going to be like what we currently run? 70Turn PN Motor and whatever wheelbase we want?

ActionRC
2011.02.02, 11:29 AM
So far, most votes have been verbally to me, and the front-runners are Wide Stock, Narrow Spec, and Pan Car. The debate about Pan car has been whether to run lexan, poly, or both together. At first, I was against running them together, but as we discussed further, it may not be a terrible idea. If you like the feel and speed of the lexan, run it. If you'd rather the weight and durability of the poly, run that. The only downside to running them together is when they hit side to side, but really, how often do drivers of our level crash into each other??? :rolleyes: Keep the votes and thoughts coming!

Scrapper
2011.02.02, 11:31 AM
i think we should do rally

Fifty7
2011.02.02, 11:58 AM
Pan car - open motor?

rajiex
2011.02.02, 12:16 PM
I want LM with either open motor or 50T

ShortBus
2011.02.02, 02:25 PM
3rd class should be the new hpi car !!!

EMU
2011.02.02, 03:04 PM
Jeff, I like that idea... Box stock HPI car ;) If not, then LM open motor, LM tires required (any wheel)...

bermbuster
2011.02.02, 09:07 PM
Jeff, I like that idea... Box stock HPI car ;) If not, then LM open motor, LM tires required (any wheel)...

The new HPI car looks like has only one body choice right now.....
that would be kool....12-15 Blue Calsonics racing around the track. Wondering who is actually in the lead.....:cool:

90mm narrow class w open motor....:D

Scrapper
2011.02.02, 09:55 PM
90mm class not narrow with open motor

The f40 looks so cool and so does the porsche 935

JuniorWKR
2011.02.03, 09:40 AM
is there anywhere to sign up yet? i check the website... am i missing the link?

sjm324
2011.02.03, 10:18 AM
is there anywhere to sign up yet? i check the website... am i missing the link?

I think Al is taking emails for signup, his email link is on the first post...

ActionRC
2011.02.04, 02:36 PM
Junior - Yeah, just email who will be attending and how many classes they're running. - Thanks!

The downside to the HPI right now, along with what george mentioned as far as body slection, is tires. We really do not know how they will handle. Also, with stock motors, they will probably be slow compared to what we're used to. It would probably be slower or equal to running a Mini-Z w/ box-stock motor, alkaline batteries, and a 6T pinion, but I do not know for sure.

I like the 50T pan idea. Spec motors in pan cars gave us some great racing!

Davey G
2011.02.14, 12:56 PM
My vote is: Hatchback (Megane)

JuniorWKR
2011.02.14, 01:28 PM
will we be doing a staggerd start for this race or is it the gunshot start that you guys run?

ActionRC
2011.02.14, 02:05 PM
Sent by email to everyone on my mailing list, 2/14/11...

Hi, everybody! It's that time of year again - time for our big winter race - the Action RC Mini Speedway Winternationals! With so many new drivers, and the steady improvements of so many existing drivers, this year's race promises to be even more "action"-packed than last year! It's going to be a great day, filled with prizes, raffles, and trophies, so be sure to send me your registration to reserve your spot. Registration will be limited, so it's first-come-first serve to get your name on the event roster! The Winternationals, much like our weekly racing events, are always filled with great side by side racing, and lots of laughs and memories, so be sure to keep the date clear!

Where: Action RC Mini Speedway
4465 Arthur Kill Rd
Staten Island, NY 10309

When: Saturday, March 5, 2011
Doors open at 11:00am for practice, and a mandatory driver's meeting starts at 1:45.
Racing will start promptly at 2:00.

Classes and Prices: (Normal Action RC rules will apply for Wide and Narrow.)
Wide Body Stock: $25
Narrow Body Spec: $10
Pan Car PN 50-Turn BB Spec: $20 (includes a handout motor!)

Our CORE lap couting system will be used. If you need a transponder card, please let me know right away. I always have plenty, but I want to make sure I have enough.

To register, please send me an email with the classes you will be running by February 28th or sooner. If there is anything that you need special-ordered for this event, please let me know before the 28th as well. February 28th would be the shipping cut-off date to receive anything from California via UPS with regular ground shipping by Friday, March 4th, so please let me know ASAP if you need anything special.

As always, Action RC hosts a cool and casual event, putting the fun of the race first, but rules will be monitored, cars must be Action RC legal, and races will start very much on time. Again, please email ASAP if you plan on attending, or if you have any questions, and I look forward to seeing all of you soon!

Stay tuned to our website and forum for further info...
Forum: http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62

"Boogity boogity boogity! Let's go racing, boys! (and some girls!)"

Junior - While I certainly understand the benefit of staggered start, I find them to be soooo boring. Maybe we'll do them for this race, but I'll feel people out and see what they think. Feel free to post your opinions here on that topic, everyone.

JuniorWKR
2011.02.14, 02:14 PM
i understand the boring part and i know it definitly speeds things up on the reg race nights but with so many sponsored drivers showing up and so many enthusiasts who want to perform their best it might be the rite thing to do to give everyone the shot they deserve to run there best and not by how lucky they are at getting through the first turn safely...

also dont know if im missing it or its not posted but what are the setup rules and motor for wide body stock and narrow body spec... want to know what classes im running so i can email you....

thank you in advance for your answers... and sorry in advance if im making you repeat the rules for the classes...

EMU
2011.02.14, 04:20 PM
I have always disliked the group start for qualifying. Qualifying should be against the clock, not the cars in your heat. Although I usually get around the turn 1 wrecks alright, it makes it much more of a gamble on the start. It does help prepare you for the main, but can easily ruin a qualifying run.

Pan sounds good. Just wish it was open motor. Will there be replacement motors available if racers want a second motor for purchase?

Junior, rules are posted here: http://www.actionrcspeedway.com/rules.pdf

hpotter
2011.02.14, 05:18 PM
My vote is we start the way we always do, its not a problem with a little common sense and its a lot more fun.

Slapstick10
2011.02.15, 08:39 AM
Micro t? :confused: Action don't even carry this product, or parts for hop ups (no Losi account). I dont think you would be able to get 7 entries into this class. I'd love to see an AWD, open pan car, or even Monster/ OL. They sell the M/OL in 2.4ghz now, and Al has an account with Kyosho, parts are on the shelves already, and it was by far the most fun class.

Now ...now Jamil I have as many Micro t parts as you want thanks to Sammy!

My vote is: Hatchback (Megane)

A bunch of us asked Al for bodies and there seems to be a shortage of White bodies!

will we be doing a staggerd start for this race or is it the gunshot start that you guys run?

I am against a gun shot start! For the amount of people that Action will be hosting it is unfair to put them in a situation there not used to. Its way easier to adapt to a staggered start. This is not a house race and even though a gun shot is fun its not fair. The object of a qualifier is to put down the best times you can for placement in the main, not to see who is lucky enough to avoid a pyle up. This is a competition.....dont forget that. If the winternationals are being run for the fun of it why invite people from other tracks. No matter how you flip it , turn it and play into it.....a staggered start is more fair to local and guest drivers.

On to a different subject "Cheating"
I have this to say about that.......Why. We are adults playing with little cars. And thanks to Potter I've learned that cleaner is faster. If you come to this race and cheat your a looser. I would also hope that you would be banned from future events at Action. How much easier can Action(AL) make it for everyone. There is no fett rule. If you have to switch cans and turn endbells your pathetic. Simple green break the motor and call it a day. Charge your batteries 1 amp- 150amps no one cares just leave the motors alone! I'm really looking forward to racing with some of the drivers from other states.
There are only a few tracks in the tri state area and we need to support one another and the hobby.

SaiTam
2011.02.15, 08:51 AM
Either Gunshot or Staggered start is fine with me. But.....local racers are so used to gunshot start that if using starggered start they may not realize the cars are not racing against each other. Remember in a staggered start a car that starts last and crosses the counter last could still be the top qualifiier.

Scrapper
2011.02.15, 08:56 AM
I think that staggered and shuffle after every round is faireat

JuniorWKR
2011.02.15, 09:39 AM
you dont need to reshuffle every round... just after the second round is fine..

hpotter
2011.02.15, 11:50 AM
Again only my little opininon on which way to start--I'd rather start the same way in the qualifiers as the main especially with non local drivers with whom we do not race together on a regular basis just for the simple reason of getting used to how they react to a "gunshot start" and I would think drivers who are not used to that type of start would also want the same opportunity. As for pileing up, again its simple common sense, not that everyone has it...if your worried about it in the qualifier how are you going to be in the Main? I agree qualifying is to get your laps in the fastest time possible but lets be realistic there are other cars on the track and "racing mentality" can and sometimes takes over (more for some people than others :)) and no one from the D main to the A main is exempt from this.

Slapstick10
2011.02.15, 12:53 PM
Again only my little opininon on which way to start--I'd rather start the same way in the qualifiers as the main especially with non local drivers with whom we do not race together on a regular basis just for the simple reason of getting used to how they react to a "gunshot start" and I would think drivers who are not used to that type of start would also want the same opportunity. As for pileing up, again its simple common sense, not that everyone has it...if your worried about it in the qualifier how are you going to be in the Main? I agree qualifying is to get your laps in the fastest time possible but lets be realistic there are other cars on the track and "racing mentality" can and sometimes takes over (more for some people than others :)) and no one from the D main to the A main is exempt from this.

Oh Tom.....Its always you and I. I think this is one of those topics we are always going to agree to disagree about. Let me start picking apart you statement. So you want a gunshot start so can have an edge over non local racers. hmmmmm interesting.:rolleyes: And the pile up......So you would rather have to avoid 7-8 cars on turn one then 1-2 through a lap......hmmmm thats interesting also:eek: Qualifiers are not only for best time but for best placement also. Its to easy for a so called knuckle head to cause havok because of over aggression. Or is it that you think you will have your comfortable little A Main crew. You try a gunshot start in the B,C or D main. Its not fun at all. Especially when you get hacked to pieces. Either you get through clean or your qualifier is shot....well maybe not that dramatic but you know what i mean. Tom riddle me this how hard is it to regain position after being hacked in the A Main? Again its my opinion also but a gunshot start this race is going to be mixed up pretty good and having b-e mains in your qualifier might just bump you down. Tom you are one of the best racers I know but being hacked up 2 qualifiers in a row and only one to make my laps is discouraging. Again I can race either way it really has no bearing. If I'm put in a qualifier with a knucklehead I'll delay my start by 6 seconds to avoid the issue but should I really have to do that. I remind all of you this is a competitive race. This is bragging rights and in your face racing:D

PS: I know I'm wasting my breath but it feels good to let it out! :D
Now I'm not repling to your reply to this. I gonna use my time to finish teching and setting my cars. Tom I think I love to argue with you!:p

ShortBus
2011.02.15, 12:59 PM
Scott, Action/RC has always had a "gun start" including all it's past events (Winter and Summer Nats). This is nothing new and has always been a house rule....

Cherub1m
2011.02.15, 01:12 PM
I am for staggered start.

Slapstick10
2011.02.15, 01:58 PM
Scott, Action/RC has always had a "gun start" including all it's past events (Winter and Summer Nats). This is nothing new and has always been a house rule....

I know that. However that doesn't make it right....not that its wrong! Its preference. I offered my opinions on certain subjects thats all. Doesn't mean I'm right or wrong just human with opinions!

hpotter
2011.02.15, 01:59 PM
Oh Tom.....Its always you and I. I think this is one of those topics we are always going to agree to disagree about. Let me start picking apart you statement. So you want a gunshot start so can have an edge over non local racers. hmmmmm interesting.:rolleyes: And the pile up......So you would rather have to avoid 7-8 cars on turn one then 1-2 through a lap......hmmmm thats interesting also:eek: Qualifiers are not only for best time but for best placement also. Its to easy for a so called knuckle head to cause havok because of over aggression. Or is it that you think you will have your comfortable little A Main crew. You try a gunshot start in the B,C or D main. Its not fun at all. Especially when you get hacked to pieces. Either you get through clean or your qualifier is shot....well maybe not that dramatic but you know what i mean. Tom riddle me this how hard is it to regain position after being hacked in the A Main? Again its my opinion also but a gunshot start this race is going to be mixed up pretty good and having b-e mains in your qualifier might just bump you down. Tom you are one of the best racers I know but being hacked up 2 qualifiers in a row and only one to make my laps is discouraging. Again I can race either way it really has no bearing. If I'm put in a qualifier with a knucklehead I'll delay my start by 6 seconds to avoid the issue but should I really have to do that. I remind all of you this is a competitive race. This is bragging rights and in your face racing:D

PS: I know I'm wasting my breath but it feels good to let it out! :D
Now I'm not repling to your reply to this. I gonna use my time to finish teching and setting my cars. Tom I think I love to argue with you!:p

You must have mis-read my post because no where in it does it say I want a gun shot start to have an advantage over the "non local" guys, on the contrary its for their benefit to get used to running races with people that they don't normally run against. I will say this, everyone has been involved in pile-ups at the start but I want to hear from anyone that they lost the race due to the start, if it happened ever it is definitely not the norm and everyone knows that--more races are lost due to people not knowing when to pass or being too aggressive or not knowing when it is better to pull over a little for a faster driver, botttom line. I'm sorry if no one agrees with me but the mains are a "gunshot start", I want to know what I'm dealing with from the qualifiers on. I don't see having a "driving Miss Daisy start" getting in all your great qualifiers and then in the main have a pile-up and then complain that your main was ruined due to the start--just doesn't make sense to me. I will restate that in no way would a gunshot start be an advantage for local guys because there are going to be drivers that don't normally run together at the Nats and my point was to have the qualifying starts the same as the mains so both the local and non local can see what there up against and what they might have to deal with before the mains...make sense?

PadrinoNY
2011.02.15, 10:10 PM
Ok here we go I have caught up to this present conflict. Forget about both of your opinions, Action needs this point blank. I stopped going there cause I perfer a staggered start over gunshot start pretty plain and simple. Now there should be a poll for this and this discussion can ultimately ruin the winter nats because alot of outter towners or "non locals" don't wanna here about gunshot starts. For the last few weeks I have petition other local tracks to support Action at this event and 75% of the people I spoke to asked "DO THEY STILL DO THAT ALL AT ONCE START":o now there about another 11 people that won't show cause of that. Poll this question, better yet let Al the owner of Action and event coordinator decide. I wanna talk to some Nascar official and asked them to try that gunshot move on a Daytona qualifier so you can see how it all pans out.... Think about it, Just my 2 cents nothing more......

Slapstick10
2011.02.16, 03:37 AM
Pucho we don't except foreign currency! Take your 2 pennies back! Lmao!!

I think jeff said it best. This is the way it's been for years , he's not going to change it now. Al is 100% for the fun factor. But then again I could be wrong! Well see! No matter how it plays out I'm looking forward to the winternationals!

bermbuster
2011.02.16, 06:20 AM
I think Action should stick with the gunshot start....
It is what makes Action....Action...:cool:

There are benefits to the gunshot start as well. it prepares racers to be on the mark....In some races its all won and lost at the start....
especially in stock mains....:D

During a qualifier you are on your own clock so if you lay back and give some time for the smoke to clear in the first turn you will have no problem...:cool:

sjm324
2011.02.16, 06:48 AM
Ok here we go I have caught up to this present conflict. Forget about both of your opinions, Action needs this point blank. I stopped going there cause I perfer a staggered start over gunshot start pretty plain and simple. Now there should be a poll for this and this discussion can ultimately ruin the winter nats because alot of outter towners or "non locals" don't wanna here about gunshot starts. For the last few weeks I have petition other local tracks to support Action at this event and 75% of the people I spoke to asked "DO THEY STILL DO THAT ALL AT ONCE START":o now there about another 11 people that won't show cause of that. Poll this question, better yet let Al the owner of Action and event coordinator decide. I wanna talk to some Nascar official and asked them to try that gunshot move on a Daytona qualifier so you can see how it all pans out.... Think about it, Just my 2 cents nothing more......

"DO THEY STILL DO THAT ALL AT ONCE START":o now there about another 11 people that won't show cause of that. IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS WHY SOMEONE WONT SHOW UP AT ACTION TO RACE....COME ON PUCHO I CANT BELIEVE YOU ARE GOING TO STOP COMING OVER A GUN SHOT START....WE ARE TALKING ABOUT RACING HERE....MOST OF THE RACERS WHO ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT GUN SHOT STARTS ARE SEASONED RACERS....I COULD UNDERSTAND HAVING A PROBLEM WITH A GUNSHOT START IF YOU ARE GROUPED WITH DRIVERS OF LESSER TALENT....HOWEVER AL USUALLY DOES NOT DO A RANDOM SORT AND HE GROUPS US ACCORDING TO SKILL LEVEL...ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT A GROUP OF A OR B MAIN DRIVERS CANT HANDLE A GUNSHOT START YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME....IF AL HAPPENS TO SET UP THE SORTS RANDOMLY AND YOU GET GROUPED WITH A D MAIN DRIVER ITS VERY POSSIBLE YOU COULD HAVE A VERY TUFF QUALIFIER...I THINK THIS TOPIC IS ABSOLUTELY NUTS...WE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE HAVING FUN HERE, RACERS SHOULD BE WANTING TO COME TO THE TRACK AND RACE AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HOW WE ARE GOING TO START....IT IS KIND OF DISAPPOINTING THAT SOMEONE DOES NOT WANT TO COME TO OUR TRACK OVER A GUNSHOT START...ALL I WOULD HAVE TO SAY IS THAT THEY ARE MISSING OUT ON A GREAT TIME AND GREAT PEOPLE...LETS STOP THIS NONSENSE AND LETS RACE

JuniorWKR
2011.02.16, 07:50 AM
I think Action should stick with the gunshot start....
It is what makes Action....Action...:cool:

There are benefits to the gunshot start as well. it prepares racers to be on the mark....In some races its all won and lost at the start....
especially in stock mains....:D

During a qualifier you are on your own clock so if you lay back and give some time for the smoke to clear in the first turn you will have no problem...:cool:

with the gun shot start george if you hang back your in last place plain and simple... thats the whole thing your not racing against the clock with a gunshot start... the computer isnt setup to start your time once you cross the line... the clock starts when the horn goes off... so hanging back and not taking a risk can give you alot of traffic to fight through the entire qualifier... which will ead to some hacking because everyone is trying to get to the front to get the best time in and now every qualifier is against every person in the main and not just you running against the clock...

although this is not common practice for us i cant see people not showing up to a rac because of this... no matter what the MHS boys will be there to do our best and im sure we will have no problem adapting... even if i have to throw a LM bumper on the front of my car to make it through the first turn... ;)

rajiex
2011.02.16, 08:30 AM
I am going to throw my two cents into this stupid discussion of starts. I am a semi-regular at Action for about a year, this is a HOBBY for me and most of the racers I know. I don't think "I won the A-main or I was TQ at the WinterNats" is a great pick up line or an introduction to describe yourself. We are grown men playing with little expensive cars.

The question of starting techniques; gun shot vs staggered, is that great drivers will be hindered by a pile up in the first turn. In my opinion, to make interesting races and to see who the great drivers are let me them start at the rear and work their way thru the pack to get the lead. Yes, accidents and hacking does ruin your day especially if you are having a great run but isn't that a part of racing. Or has this HOBBY become so serious that drivers are going to intentionally ram another drivers car because of a hack or people go outside to settle a block, hack . We are here to do things we like with people we like at a place we like.

I am a Z driver and I know I will never have the skills to be at the status most of you guys are but I am coming to have fun. I hope all that can attend will attend, regardless of the start, to support the hobby and each other (LHS). If our shops were not there, what the hell would we do with our cars.

Whatever Al chooses to decide to do, it is "his house" and those who support him will always be there. Your house your rules is fair.

Scrapper
2011.02.16, 08:34 AM
Staggered start al my vote counts as 51 percent of total

Slubben
2011.02.16, 08:56 AM
I will be attending the Winter-Nats and I would prefer a staggered start but, I will be there regardless of how this all pans out.

Slapstick10
2011.02.16, 09:10 AM
Fun ,Racing and Competition oh my!!!!!

Is there a happy medium for all here. No not really, some race for fun and some race for thrill and competition. At this race both worlds will exist in the same place and the same time. Its sought of like a lunar eclipse. I don't have a problem with either start. I have learned to adjust to Knuckleheads very well. I stand by my first thought that just for this race we use the staggered start.....Again IMO. Al made a decision by adding the race to the events page of the forum its a competition. I had a horrible Winternationals last year.
I was like 3 months to the hobby and managed to blow a motor crack a chassis and short a board....That freaken Red Bull Car....!!!! I look back now and I laugh but then it was not fun for me. I stayed with it and I'm happy I did.

All I know is I'm looking for DKR group picture out of this....a friend reminded me!;)

SaiTam
2011.02.16, 09:22 AM
I have an idea. We'll use gunshot style line-up and start all the cars together but the times are counted as staggered start. This will please everyone. Gunshot fans will feel like they are racing and staggered fans will not be impacted by first turn pile-up

Slapstick10
2011.02.16, 09:36 AM
I will be attending the Winter-Nats and I would prefer a staggered start but, I will be there regardless of how this all pans out.

Awesome.......Sean!!! Looking forward to seeing you!:D

ShortBus
2011.02.16, 09:44 AM
Scott - who are you trying to fool?? You're still a knucklehead :)

Slapstick10
2011.02.16, 10:02 AM
I have an idea. We'll use gunshot style line-up and start all the cars together but the times are counted as staggered start. This will please everyone. Gunshot fans will feel like they are racing and staggered fans will not be impacted by first turn pile-up

Oh sai you killing me lol....stop with the BS!!!!:p

Scott - who are you trying to fool?? You're still a knucklehead :)

Im a knucklehead , your a knuckehead wouldn't you like to be a knucklehead too! enough with this gunshot /staggered stuff its boring. lets keep it moving.

I thought it was funny how Adam got so emotional over this but he claims he didnt know the caps were on !:rolleyes:

How about body choice for the big race?
Lambo for wide , 350z for narrow and my Dave g lexan pan!

SaiTam
2011.02.16, 10:27 AM
[QUOTE=Slapstick10;406286]Oh sai you killing me lol....stop with the BS!!!!:p

I'm 100% serious about the solution.

Slapstick10
2011.02.16, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=Slapstick10;406286]Oh sai you killing me lol....stop with the BS!!!!:p

I'm 100% serious about the solution.

The right decision here is no decision. Leave it the way it always been. Thats what the decision is going to be because to many people are split about it. Al is very unique in running his track and it has paid off for nearly 6 years. I fall toward more competitive then fun but I race in different scales and tracks, this is not the case for Al's customer base. IMO this would be the right decision for his track,personally staggered is better for me but I'm a mere mortal. beside I have a bet with one of the locals that Al will choose gunstart!

Sai -I'm so excited I got my digital caliper today for 1/10......so excited!!!:D

SaiTam
2011.02.16, 11:02 AM
Off topic: You wanna buy my Hudy setup station too?

I once knew somebody who had tape on his garage floor and he did his own car's alignment using the grids on the floor. It worked. Who needs a digital caliper?

I hope you guys will try out my solution on a weekday to test my theory.

danny250r
2011.02.16, 11:25 AM

Great idea That's the way it should be all the time

Slapstick10
2011.02.16, 12:24 PM
Great idea That's the way it should be all the time

get out of here dont you have work or something! :p

ActionRC
2011.02.16, 03:33 PM
Wow. I have to agree with Raj, Tom, and Adam the most on this topic. There are so many points I could make about this, but I'd be here all day.

First, let me say that everyone knows that over the last 7 years, I have proven myself to be a "majority rules" kind of guy. I always ask for opinions, value every one, and try to make the masses - especially the intermediate non-pro driver - happy. Roland taught me best that you can NEVER make everyone happy in this hobby, which means I could make the masses happy, or make myself happy. I have always gone with the masses.

Of everyone who has registered so far, and there are many, George, Frankie, Sean, and Junior are the only "out of towners" registered. The so-called "out of towners" (as they have been termed) are either telling each other they are coming and not me, or not coming. I value their opinion, which is why I love this forum, but I am still unclear as to who we are trying to make happy here. As far as I know, the 25-30 "house" drivers that we have each week have a blast every week - with the exception of Pucho, which I just learned, who I always thought was having a good time when his car was running well. (Pucho - You should know by now that one bad experience can't ruin your whole outlook on something - no matter what it is. Correct me if I am wrong, but you never had a problem with normal starts unless your setup wasn't on mark and your car was running good, and that will ruin anyone's night, regardless of how you start. I don't mean to call you out here, but I would imagine that if you were not having a good time strictly because of normal starts, I would have only met you once and never would have seen you again. I can't help but think that you weren't putting on a facade during all of the great times and laughs we have had together over a very long period of time that we have raced together, so I refuse to believe that you stopped coming because of how a qualifier starts. I don't believe that for a minute.)

I have always been of the opinion that we have four chances to run our cars - 3 qualifiers and a main. For me PERSONALLY, not taking into account that I am the owner, I would rather run four races than three "tests" and one race. As mentioned, it gives me an idea of how a main might be, and also, let's just say I have three spectacular qualifiers, and then in the main I get slammed in turn one and break. Now, at the end of the day, I can sit back and reflect on the complete lack of even one race!? I don't get it. As racers, why would we only want to run races ONCE instead of FOUR times!? Don't we like to race? Isn't that why we come? Don't we want to pass and make it mean something, or be passed and try to catch back up because we're racing? Is qualifying (in RC or real racing) anywhere near as exciting as an actual race? Heck - I'm taking off from work tomorrow to watch the Duels because they're RACES! Aren't you people racers???

Has anyone really ever, give or take a VERY small sample, not made the race they really should be in due to three bad qualifiers??? I can only recall Sammy recently - and I gave him every chance in the world to advance. Anyone else who falls into that category probably missed a round or two because they were late. All I know is I wouldn't want to be standing next to the guy who would be so aggrevated to get hit on 1 of 3 qualifiers if they didn't even get a chance to run one real race, and then get taken out in their one actual race. That's going to be one angry guy. At least if you have a bad-luck main, you can reflect back on a good qualifier - or three.

I do not understand at all how people use the argument about getting hacked in a qualifier. Staggered starts lead to one or two POTENTIALLY clean laps, and once a few hits happen, the field is randomly spread out throughout the track, and that is the case no matter what starting method is used. Has anyone been caught up in the first turn crash (IF THERE EVEN IS ONE!!!) in all three qualifiers? If you have, you're probably Div 3 or 4, and you wouldn't care anyway. If you have, YOU might be the hack causing the crash! Are any of you, most of which are Div 1 and 2 drivers on this forum, really that bad that you are the victim of 5 or 6 other cars in every run on the first turn? C'mon.

Not speaking as the owner, just as a fellow RC racer, which I am first and foremost, and don't any of you ever forget that, I prefer the normal start. Two words: Fun racing!

(By the way, the argument about NASCAR qualifying all together has never watched the Daytona Duels (tomorrow) or any short-track racing where mains are determined by heat races - just like we run.)

Not mad - just my two cents. Insert happy face here to make everyone smile: :)

Slapstick10
2011.02.16, 03:44 PM
Potter you owe me $1.00 lol. Al you need a publisher! :D

ActionRC
2011.02.16, 03:50 PM
Haha!

Sai - I actually think your idea might be the one happy medium. Maybe we'll try it tonight. :o Besides, if I choose this method for the 'Nats Scott might owe Tom a dollar?

Slapstick10
2011.02.16, 04:25 PM
its a plot againt the great one ..........On the serious side lets try that sai tam thing! Tom is going to pay me that dollar or DMS will pay dearly!jk::mad:

ActionRC
2011.02.17, 09:18 PM
Well, we ran three qualifiers Wednesday. The first round was normal, second was staggered but all starting gunshot, and third was back to normal. I did 24, 25, and 26 laps respectively. As I predicted, it was fifficult to call the race because the onlything you could talk about was lap times and pace. I still had fun, of course, but I recall in one race where Paul was ahead of Greg on the track by 1-6 car lengths for the entire race, but Greg was ahead of Paul on the screen because he crossed the starting line sooner than Paul. Everyone understood what was going on - it was just, well, boring. Just my opinion - I'm still listening to all of yours. :o

ActionRC
2011.02.19, 10:01 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry for the last-minute notice, but Action RC will be open for expanded "Test and Tune" Saturday sessions to help people prepare for the upcoming 2011 Winternationals! Today (2/19) and next Saturday (2/26) Action RC will be "officially" open from 12pm - 9pm. We may stay open even later, so give a call if you think you might want to come late.

Lots of new unpainted bodies - known for being some of the best on the track - arrived yesterday! It has been a long time since these were offered, so if you want one, come and get it! Bodies include the narrow 350Z Fairlady, narrow Nissan GTR, narrow Mitsubishi Lancer, wide Ferrari 360GTC and 430GTC, Ferrari Fxx and Enzo, and many others! Come get ready for the big race - while these bodies are available! Lots of new R246 knuckles in 0, 1, and 2 sizes are available also. If there is something you might want that I do not currently have in stock, let me know ASAP so I can be sure to get it in time for you.

See you all soon, and enjoy the Daytona 500 tomorrow! Go Tony!

Slapstick10
2011.02.21, 12:58 PM
Are we going to be open the day before the Winternationals?

Staggered or Gunshot?

Also be aware this saturday coming the track will be open till 9pm for test n tune for winternationals.:cool:

themelis factor
2011.02.22, 08:10 PM
I've only been to your track one time. Last years winter nationals I finished third behind dave and mike haynes. I had a problem not counting my first two runs. I didnt like that you never had anyone check their cars in before the race. The third round came around and then you told me to bring the transponders up and check them on the line. After spending alot of money that day having two nightmare qualifying runs due to non counting you told me I had the wrong transponder in the car. As a pro racer this killed me even more than the gunshot starts. Im not trying to talk down on your ways im just trying to say maybe someone might run into this problem and It could be solved before the third qualifyer. Just giving my two cents :D:D

KA2AEV
2011.02.22, 09:01 PM
I've only been to your track one time. Last years winter nationals I finished third behind dave and mike haynes. I had a problem not counting my first two runs. I didnt like that you never had anyone check their cars in before the race. The third round came around and then you told me to bring the transponders up and check them on the line. After spending alot of money that day having two nightmare qualifying runs due to non counting you told me I had the wrong transponder in the car. As a pro racer this killed me even more than the gunshot starts. Im not trying to talk down on your ways im just trying to say maybe someone might run into this problem and It could be solved before the third qualifyer. Just giving my two cents :D:D

I don't understand, If you knew you had a problem with the lap counting system in two races before the main, why didn't you bring it to Al's
attention or ask someone at the track who is familiar with the system?
Al is very accomodating when it comes to troubles either with the computer
system or your car, He'll help you out any way he can!
Seems to me you're blaming someone else for you dropping the ball!
Not Cool at all!

Slapstick10
2011.02.23, 12:19 PM

I don't understand, If you knew you had a problem with the lap counting system in two races before the main, why didn't you bring it to Al's
attention or ask someone at the track who is familiar with the system?
Al is very accomodating when it comes to troubles either with the computer
system or your car, He'll help you out any way he can!
Seems to me you're blaming someone else for you dropping the ball!
Not Cool at all!

I don't think Themelis was placing blame just a concern. It doesn't matter how it happened or who's fault it was....the fact is it did and how can we avoid it from happening in the future. As a friend of the track and its racers I never like to hear someone leaving Action with a bad taste in there mouth. I'm sure after reading this Al will address it and there will be no further issues. As Mike said Al's good like that. Themelis Ty for bringing up the concern and I assure you it will not happen again, I believe this to an isolated situation and the probability of it happening again is as likely as you hitting the NY state lotto 2 times in a row.

ActionRC
2011.02.23, 03:56 PM
Johnny - Good to hear from you. It's very rare that we have any trouble with our lap counter, so I could assure you that you would not have any problem. I label all cards (if you're running more than one card for multiple classes) as, for example "Johnny 1" and "Johnny 2". Unless you had the cards swapped between different cars, which is what you said I told you, the only other problem the lap counter itself might have would be if your card were cut or torn, or if it were too far back in the body - with the detector over the board or motor. However, I am pretty good with telling people to make sure the word Core is down and forward.

It's certainly easy enough to scan a card and see what it is labeled as and see if it's working properly. If the problem were called to my attention after the first race, I don't know of a single reason why it would have carried over to the second race - again - unless it was not the right card in the car. Considering that was the first time you were ever at Action, I would have only had the card(s?) in the system that you gave me to scan in that day, and I typically ask people to scan them and tell me which card they are running in each class when I burn them. Not looking to place blame - just offering reasons for the problem and simple ways to avoid it in the future. It's also easy enough to run for a few seconds before each race to see if cards are counting, and then simply stop the counter and restart it for the race, but I usually only do that when there is a problem, which again, is not common. Again, I don't recall the specific problem, but card issues are usually pretty simple to troubleshoot - especially during breaks between rounds. Don't let it be a concern this time around. We'll be more cautious with new cards in the system to make sure they are working properly.

Hope to see you at the Winternats'!

themelis factor
2011.02.23, 10:14 PM
No worries al im trying my best to come to the winter nats i hope all is well. If by some miracle i show up the day of is there any way i can sign up then. I know Im asking too much but there is a chance I have to work that saturday Im trying to get off. Send me a pm :D

ActionRC
2011.02.24, 04:07 PM
No worries al im trying my best to come to the winter nats i hope all is well. If by some miracle i show up the day of is there any way i can sign up then. I know Im asking too much but there is a chance I have to work that saturday Im trying to get off. Send me a pm :D

I'll get you in - just try to give me as much notice as possible when you have a better idea since I will be assigning seating so no one will feel rushed to get a seat. See you then, hopefully! If you can pass the word along to the Maj's group to try to get me some more definites, that would be appreciated. I keep hearing from various sources that people are coming from up there, but very few have contacted me like you have letting ME know. No info 'right from the horse's mouth!' :p

Davey G
2011.02.25, 08:08 AM
'right from the horse's mouth!' :p

NAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I'll be there!

ActionRC
2011.02.25, 02:15 PM
Hahaha - See you then!

JuniorWKR
2011.02.25, 02:28 PM
Junior
Maj Banting
Alex Banting
Will Cooney
Sean Lubben

This is what i know is a definite... not sure if anyone else is comming but i will make an annoouncement for ya at tonites race that if anyone else is planning on attending your race they need to contact you...

Slapstick10
2011.02.26, 09:26 AM
Blockers to slow Junior Down! jk:D

danny250r
2011.02.26, 10:15 AM
hey Al, i think the track should be open on friday day/night before the winter nats. with the layout down. I can help out with opening if needed:D what do you think .... any input guys

Slapstick10
2011.02.26, 10:42 AM
I agree! Al says it gives non local guys a dis advantage. I really dont see how usually out of towners go the day before anyway. The Garden state Shootout was open the day before with the layout. I would open friday during the day if anyone wanted to. I went to majs from 12-5 then came back to action to race that night. I think not being open give a good setup guy a better advantage. When went up to RC Madness for the Tamiya race
they had the same thoughts and I said to them so you want me to drive 3 hours before the race without practice! They changed it and had open practice all day. And on top of it we loose a night of racing. As of last night Al said he wasnt going to open on friday at All. Now who has the dis advantage ! JMO!:eek:

KA2AEV
2011.02.27, 01:25 PM
Al has a decision been made on which models we'll be ran at the 'Nats?

JuniorWKR
2011.02.27, 06:20 PM
Blockers to slow Junior Down! jk:D

man wheres the love... i just hope i got what it takes to hang wit you guys...

sjm324
2011.02.27, 06:39 PM
man wheres the love... i just hope i got what it takes to hang wit you guys...

With all the Podium finishes you MHS guys have, I think we are the ones who have to worry about keeping up with you guys :)...Congrats on your wins at the Capital Challenge....looking forward to mixing it up with you all this weekend

Slapstick10
2011.02.27, 07:37 PM
You wanna hang with us you better bring a six pack! Lol. Adam I was gonna say the same thing. Congrats to junior and maj! :D

Fifty7
2011.02.28, 11:35 AM
Al has a decision been made on which models we'll be ran at the 'Nats?

Wide & Narrow (House rules)
Pan Car (I think any pan car body) with a hand out 50 turn motor

Scrapper
2011.02.28, 11:49 AM
what 50 t bearing or bushing

what are the motor limits for wide
Forgive me things have changed since i was a regular

PadrinoNY
2011.02.28, 11:58 AM
50t bearing is the handout

JuniorWKR
2011.02.28, 01:39 PM
i think you guys can count in Edel amd Mark for MHS as well for sat...

EMU
2011.02.28, 02:23 PM
I will be there with Sai... :)

Scrapper
2011.02.28, 02:48 PM
so will I
can't wait

bermbuster
2011.02.28, 02:55 PM
Me and Frank too....:cool:

ActionRC
2011.02.28, 03:41 PM
You're in, EMU, as are all of the Maj's guys. We are good to go!

I know a few of you wanted practice hours on Friday. Because I have been through this many times, I will not open the Friday before. I did it once, heard a bunch of #$@! about it, and will never put myself through that torture again. Practice will be divided into 10 minute sessions for various skill level groups. (I don't want to hear about being hacked in practice either.) Everyone will have plenty of practice before the race, and I stand by not wanting to give anyone an unfair advantage. The track was open very late for the last two Saturdays to allow people to run if they wanted to, as well as for our normal race nights during the week. There were more than enough opportunities for practice without me having to rush a layout Friday night. I need the night before to set up and get ready.

KA2AEV
2011.02.28, 03:43 PM
Wide & Narrow (House rules)
Pan Car (I think any pan car body) with a hand out 50 turn motor

Thanks Marty:)

ActionRC
2011.03.01, 02:54 PM
HI, EVERYONE! The Action RC Mini Speedway 2011 Winternationals are drawing nearer, and we have a full roster! We're going to have a full house, some great races, and lots of fun, and I am looking forward to seeing all of you tomorrow for points racing and Saturday for the big race! Prizes are shipped, trophies are being manufactured, and cool layout ideas are swirling in my brain!

This year, we have a large number of sponsors, and I would like to take this opportunity to formally thank all of them. All of these companies have prize packages on the way!

Kyosho America
PN Racing
Atomic
Reflex
DG Designs
Thank you to all of our prize sponsors and Action RC suppliers! Your cooperation in the day to day operations of the track, as well as our big races, is vital and always appreciated.

A few things to mention about the race...

1) Space: Seats will be assigned, so you'll have no pressure to rush in and scramble for a seat. I generally know who likes to sit with who, so hopefully I eliminated that pressure for you. (Stugotz a.k.a. Scrapper, Stuscrapper, etc. will be in the StuZone with Sai per his request.) Space is limited, so please keep your inventory of Mini-Z items to a minimum (or in your car) to assure everyone has room for their stuff. Also, please keep guests to a very minimum. (Leave the kids at home, let the wife or girlfriend go shopping, etc.) There will be no extra room for them, and this is not the day to have unattended kids running around. Because my chairs have been so abused, if it is at all possible for you to bring a folding chair, that would be helpful.

2) Friday: The track will be closed on Friday to allow for proper set-up time for the race. Some people wanted open practice the night before the race. We have provided a lot of time for practice by extending practice hours for the last two Saturdays, and we have also had our regular race program running as well. Plenty of time has been provided, and we will have almost 3 hours of organized practice (multiple, timed groups) before the race. Again, doors open at 11, and practice ends at 1:45. Honestly and also, I did not want any chance of being accused of offering anyone an unfair advantage by offering extra practice - especially on the layout we will be running.

3) Qualifying Procedure: While I understand the advantages to staggered starts, and have heard and understood everyone's viewpoints on this topic over the last few weeks (and years!), at Action RC we run normal "gunshot" starts, and the majority prefers this method. Sure, staggered starts are more 'official', but normal starts are by far more fun - and that is what Action RC is all about. You have 3 attempts to get into the main you feel you deserve to be in. (Hate to break the news to you, but if you did not make the main you thought you should have been in after 3 attempts, there is a chance you really didn't deserve to be in that main!) We qualify basically the way NASCAR qualifies for the Daytona 500, or the way your local short-track qualifies - by racing your way in via heat races. We're racers - let's race 4 times instead of just once!

feel free to contact me if you have any questions. As always, we are going to have a great time. Relax, enjoy yourself, make lots of friends, create some new rivalries, beat your closest competition (unless that person is me), and most importantly, have fun!!! Good luck, and I'll see everyone soon!

SaiTam
2011.03.02, 03:25 PM
HI, EVERYONE! (Stugotz a.k.a. Scrapper, Stuscrapper, etc. will be in the StuZone with Sai per his request.)

This was done without my consent and actually I want to be randomly assigned. Stu should belong in DKR room. DKR for life check his signature what's up with team members not sitting next to each other. BTW I want to be away from the Stereo I need a high degree of concentration. Is Stuzone near you Al?

danny250r
2011.03.02, 04:30 PM
This was done without my consent and actually I want to be randomly assigned. Stu should belong in DKR room. DKR for life check his signature what's up with team members not sitting next to each other. BTW I want to be away from the Stereo I need a high degree of concentration. Is Stuzone near you Al?

you have to show up more then once a month to get into the DKR room sorry sai/stu lol:D

SaiTam
2011.03.02, 04:57 PM
Stu is DKR member I'm just a supporter. He belongs in the room.

Stu curses constantly since last Thursday after his ride to MD was backed out; I want to be isolated without hearing the F- word every 20 seconds. If Sammy Saks joins the race put the two together I'll buy a table for them.

Slapstick10
2011.03.02, 05:16 PM
between the strippers and toppless waitresses I dont know if we will have room!:cool:

KA2AEV
2011.03.02, 06:13 PM
between the strippers and toppless waitresses I dont know if we will have room!:cool:

Huh?

Did I miss something???:rolleyes:

bermbuster
2011.03.02, 06:19 PM
Huh?

Did I miss something???:rolleyes:

Its a DK thing.......:cool:
Im glad I bleed orange......:D

Slapstick10
2011.03.02, 06:25 PM
I agree it's a dk thang. You just wouldn't understand!:D

Golddust
2011.03.02, 06:42 PM
i broke the 12 second barrier of a 12.41:eek::eek:

bermbuster
2011.03.02, 06:46 PM
i broke the 12 second barrier of a 12.41:eek::eek:

Sweet now go for 11......:cool:

Scrapper
2011.03.02, 06:48 PM
does he have the layout down

bermbuster
2011.03.02, 06:59 PM
does he have the layout down

The WinterNats layout will be put down on Friday night.....
So it will be new and fresh for everybody on Saturday morning.....:cool:

Scrapper
2011.03.03, 06:01 AM
Stu is DKR member I'm just a supporter. He belongs in the room.

Stu curses constantly since last Thursday after his ride to MD was backed out; I want to be isolated without hearing the F- word every 20 seconds. If Sammy Saks joins the race put the two together I'll buy a table for them.

I'm a man of many names stugottz, stu, stuscraper, stuey, Sam, Sammy, stugottzy my boy,

It's kind of like diddy

Davey G
2011.03.03, 06:49 AM
It's kind of like diddy

but nothing like it at the same time. :p

rajiex
2011.03.03, 06:50 AM
Al,

Will you be posting pictures of the layout on Friday night?

Slapstick10
2011.03.03, 08:15 AM

DKR had no rules and does not disciminate. Sam can Sit wherever his A$$$ lands him except in the orange room. It has 7 already. :D

fraga
2011.03.03, 11:03 AM
Amtak has a quite car on each train; we can have a "quite table" and then have Al act as a train conductor:

"If you see the "quiet table" sing, you are seating on the quite table. Please refrain from loud noises. No phone usage or loud conversations are permitted on this table. If you need to use your phone or feel the need to be loud, kindly move your a$$ to a different table, and thank you for traveling with Action RC."

Alternatively, I'll bring some ear plugs.

-j

ActionRC
2011.03.03, 11:16 AM
If anyone has a 6' folding table that we can borrow, I'd appreciate it. I think I am 2 short.

Sai - Cannot wait to hear your story in person!

Stu - We'll find a spot for you - don't worry. Just watch the language! Foul language will not be tolerated, and you'll have to pay DMS fines per the DMS Foul Language Ethics and Standards Agreement.

Danny - Can we put Stu P. Diddy outside the DKR Room om a pillow with a water and food bowl?

Raj - I probably won't get a chance to. I'll be at the track late, and back again early. Everyone will probably have to wait and see in person!

Scrapper
2011.03.03, 01:11 PM
Al I think I should pit next to u lol

Rob B
2011.03.03, 01:41 PM
good luck to everyone at the winternats this weekend ...

should be some good close racing ,, everyone at action has stepped up their game..

pucho,, i think ur going to have ur hands full with philly and the monster beetle.. good luck brotha.

ActionRC
2011.03.03, 01:54 PM
Wish you could make it, Rob. We're gonna have a great time, but I understand that you have a title to defend. Good luck to you too!

Stu - I'll think about it.

Scrapper
2011.03.03, 01:55 PM
Ill bring town deli lol for annoying you lol

philly123
2011.03.03, 03:38 PM
pucho,, i think ur going to have ur hands full with philly and the monster beetle.. good luck brotha.

The beetles good but its not as fast as Nat nd Johnathan. I just might have to bring the lancer back.:p

EMU
2011.03.03, 04:15 PM
Phil, I have an extra 355 body if you want...

bermbuster
2011.03.03, 04:21 PM
The beetles good but its not as fast as Nat nd Johnathan. I just might have to bring the lancer back.:p

What body are you looking for Phil......I may be able to hook you up....:cool:

philly123
2011.03.03, 08:00 PM
I might just stick with beetle just because its so much fun to wheel around the track, especially when i get into a crash and cant which is the front or rear of the car lol. Ill prob try it in practice and if i dont like it ill switch to the lancer. That bodies always worked for me in narrow.

jackg
2011.03.04, 10:11 AM
If anyone has a 6' folding table that we can borrow, I'd appreciate it. I think I am 2 short.

Sai - Cannot wait to hear your story in person!

Stu - We'll find a spot for you - don't worry. Just watch the language! Foul language will not be tolerated, and you'll have to pay DMS fines per the DMS Foul Language Ethics and Standards Agreement.

Danny - Can we put Stu P. Diddy outside the DKR Room om a pillow with a water and food bowl?

Raj - I probably won't get a chance to. I'll be at the track late, and back again early. Everyone will probably have to wait and see in person!

Al i have two tables just like the Action tables. I can't fit them in the car but Shafiq may be able to pick them up on the way down. Should I ask him?

-j

ActionRC
2011.03.04, 11:48 AM
I have attached a copy of the 'Nats roster. Please look for your name, verify your classes, and check your scheduled practice time. PRAC 20-30 means you are scheduled to practice at 11:20. 12:20, and 1:20. GRP is your parctice group # - not your qualifier. EMAIL me if you need any changes made. Some of you did not tell me what classes you are running, and I took my best guess. If I was wrong, tell me right away BY EMAIL.

Jack - Roland is bring a small and large table - maybe in his huge creepy white van. :o That MIGHT be enough. I'll know tonight when I set up. If anyone can bring a table and a few chairs to have as a back up - just in case - that would be really helpful.

Thanks! See everyone tomorrow!!! :D

Scrapper
2011.03.04, 12:04 PM
Al can u please put me in a later group as I need to do changes before I put the car down. Will these reflect our group for qualifying if so can u move me up one

ActionRC
2011.03.04, 12:31 PM
Stu - As you can see, the groups are sorted somewhat by skill level - as best as I could get it without really knowing everyone and their skill. I can't change it, but if you want to trade a spot with someone later on, it's up to you and that person. I will just be watching here and there to make sure that no more than the scheduled # of cars that should be on the track are on it.

SaiTam
2011.03.04, 12:32 PM
Al,

I have to pick up at least two people before coming therefore Stu may not make the 1st group practice. IMO 1st group practice should be for people who live close to the track so thaty they can arrive early. If you allow people to swap practice session that would be cool. Stu has also improved a lot with his driving and eqipment; for the past few weeks he is no longer in the bottom group at other tracks. In fact he was running with Roland's A-main group on Tuesday.

Besides the 10 min practice are we gonna get more practice during the day? Is it possible that someone can be at the track early?

I need to be away from Stuzone I have heard enough of Stu's Mini-z racing sufferings lately. I figure I have to drive to and from Staten Island with windows wide opened.

Thanks.

JuniorWKR
2011.03.04, 12:38 PM
so if i understand this correctly the doors open at 11 and the controlled practice will start immediatly... si i bassically have one window of oppurtunity to find the setup for a track i havent raced at?... will there be no open practice in the beggining?

Davey G
2011.03.04, 12:42 PM
Is this practice session going to be policed? If I am reading this correctly US RACERS are locked into "THREE" 10 minute practice sessions only. Correct? A racer is not allowed to trade up with someone else to gain another session..right?

JuniorWKR
2011.03.04, 12:46 PM
it says doors open at 11... 145 drivers meeting and 2 oclock start.... your controlled practice is 1 hr total... what will hapen with the remaing 45 mins before drivers meeting...

JuniorWKR
2011.03.04, 12:51 PM
man it takes me 45 mins to set up my pit area and start charging and breaking in the motor.. forget the time that is needed to actually get a few different cars out on the track and fish for a setup that will actually work...

SaiTam
2011.03.04, 12:51 PM
This is a suggestion that I learned from 2009 Atomic's worlds in Asia:

There were a lot or participants. Instead of controlled practice by groups each practice session was opened to 12 people for a duration of 10 mins. Racers then line up for the next session. I think that was a good solution for a large crowd in a race. Maybe we can try this during the SummerNats.

JuniorWKR
2011.03.04, 12:52 PM
yeah we did thia at the pn regionals too and it was a success...

SaiTam
2011.03.04, 12:56 PM
OK. I see the race starts at 2:00pm we get 3 rounds of 10 mins that's better. I thought racing starts at 12:00pm.

JuniorWKR
2011.03.04, 01:00 PM
where do you see 3 rounds... one entire round is an hour.. that puts you at 12.. 145 is drivers meeting and race starts at 2...

SaiTam
2011.03.04, 01:12 PM
Oops, I must be confused.

Davey G
2011.03.04, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=ActionRC;404179]That stinks, Rob. We need the most top level house guys we can get to beat the best of the best from NJ! ;)]

I just saw this post. Im pretty certain the top 3 in pan and gt from last year were all Long Island Boys.....just sayin. ;)

Davey G
2011.03.04, 01:14 PM
Im pretty certain its 3 rounds. My runs are 11:50, 12:50, and 1:50. No??

ActionRC
2011.03.04, 01:20 PM
It was requested of me to NOT have a 3 hour (well, 2:55 hour taking out the 5 minute drivers meeting) open practice with 48 cars bashing each other apart, so I tried to make it where drivers can run with drivers of their ability and get equal time. It's much easier on me to take Sai's suggestion about how they did it at the PN race, and as long as the amount of cars on the track at one time is controlled, I am fine with that. If that is the case, and if I want to make my life easier (and I am ALL for that), we can do 10 minute sessions with groups of 10? I have no problem with that at all. I guess if one person comes off the track, the next person in line can take his place, but each driver can stay out no longer than 10 minutes? I knew how I was going to police practice my way, but I don't know how I'll police each and every person getting on and off durig the 10 minute sessions. If people can go on and off with a max of 10 minutes at a time, then there's really no point of me watching the 10 minute time - again - easier on me. Drivers will have to be responsible for watching their own time, and other drivers will have to remind a driver who may be up there too long that his 10 minutes is up. Not sure how I could police all that, but I'll go with the majority.

Since Scott is picking up the trophies for me today, I don't have to be at the trophy place at 10, so I could open at 10 instead of 11 and give more practice time. Sound good?

As I mentioned to Stu, trading time frames with the way I had it would be perfectly fine. I was just trying to give everyone equal time and somewhat equal groups. Let me know what you guys think. :o

SaiTam
2011.03.04, 01:20 PM
Register all classes so you can use the most of available track times; don't forget to hire a marshal.

I vote for timed practice with groups of 10 or 12. Just setup a recurring 10 min alarm reminder. All people must leave when the buzzer sounds; then next group of 10 or 12 enter.

ActionRC
2011.03.04, 01:50 PM
If sessions are 10 minutes, and a person comes off and another goes on, as long as those two people know that they must go to the back of the line even if they only ran 1 minute, I am fine with that. I don't want to hear "But I just got up here!" If you want the full 10 minutes, don't go up if someone comes out early.

Am I understanding how this works? If I am, I have no problem with it, and my life will be easier and less stressful. At every 10, 20, 30, etc., the driver's stand must clear completely for the next group.

(Man - I can't catch a break! :( )

PS - Stu - Just before this, I had bumped you to group 2 because I realized that "Bob" was our Bob Diamond, and he shouldn't be in group 6, so I bumped him to 1 and you to 2. Oh, well!

Also, Maj's guys - don't take offense that I put most of you guys in one group. Aside fom knowing that Maj and Junior and really great drivers, I don't know how to group you yet, and I figured you guys know how to drive with and around each other - even if you are of different levels.

SaiTam
2011.03.04, 02:04 PM
PS - Stu - Just before this, I had bumped you to group 2 because I realized that "Bob" was our Bob Diamond, and he shouldn't be in group 6, so I bumped him to 1 and you to 2. Oh, well!

Thank you Al. Stu you need to do well no more excuse. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

bermbuster
2011.03.04, 02:09 PM
(Man - I can't catch a break! :( )

Dont worry Al your doing a great job! We all want this race to happen and we will help you make it the most memorable WinterNats to date......:cool:

You have almost 50 entries....that HUGE....It will be a race for the record books for sure....
Will the winners be Staten Islanders,Long Islanders, Manhattan Islanders...
New Jerseyites....or from parts unknown....:cool:

hpotter
2011.03.04, 02:42 PM
I think opening earlier is a good idea and as far as practice goes I understand the out of town guys needing some time to set up for the different grip characteristics of our track. I understand what Al was doing trying to separate guys by skill level; trying to avoid the bashing that inevitably happens when you put drivers of different skill levels on the track at the same time. I think with a little common sense and courtesy this should not be an issue. I also wouldn't be against starting racing at 3:00.

Slapstick10
2011.03.04, 02:55 PM
Just for everyone to know its not easy accomodating everyone. I agree about starting at 2. If we started later it would not be great. As far as practice goes I would do 20 minute sessions 2 groups. (123 and 456) that will give everyone ample time for test n tune. It will also keep A&B main guys together and C&D together. I also agree with Tom about common sence........people lets try and be fair. If your cars running good dont stay out there just to burn battery packs let the guys that need the time get the time. Besides I don't want any excuses when DKR sweeps the Mains;)

ActionRC
2011.03.04, 03:01 PM
I have no place to go after the race either, so I could start at 3. I just hope we have enough time to hit Killmeiers afterward for what will be (for me anyway) a well needed brewski. (I am not a drinker, and don't even like beer that much.) I'm just sayin'...

All practice suggestions are very appreciated, and all of you have helped to refine a process that could be a difficult one of not controlled properly, so thank you all for providing info. You all know I always appreciate suggestions, and try to use them to make things always better. As far as practice, we can do 3 groups instead of 6, 20 minute sessions, and no more than 12 cars on the track at all times. Drivers should have 10 minute max if someone is waiting to practice. If no one is waiting, keep going if you want to. Groups 1 & 2 go from 00-20, 3 & 4 go 20-40, and 5 & 6 go 40-59. With four hours for practice, this should be more than enough opportunity to hit the track and work on your cars. Agreed?

(I was writing this while Scott was writing his. 2 or 3 groups?)

Slapstick10
2011.03.04, 03:20 PM
I think we will be fine. 2 goals here. One is to get out of towners more time to test n tune. And 2 is to protect the cars from lower main drivers. No one wants a broken chassis on race day. A-Z mains will all have enough time. You know how I know this its because
The mayor....knows!:D

FYI- Daver G wants me to bet him. If he wins I have to wear a mayor costume. But what if he doesn't win. So if any other driver takes the A Main I think Dave should join the greatest racing club in the Con US.....DKR!!!oooh yea and pay the $30 fee!:D

ActionRC
2011.03.04, 03:31 PM
Here is the updated roster. Still unsure of some people's classes, but thisis roughly it. Assuming we stick with groups, whether it's 1-3 and 4-6 or 1-2, 3-4, and 5-6, these would be the groups for now. Again - practice groups, not qualifiers.

Slapstick10
2011.03.04, 03:39 PM
Oh we are going to killmyers.....you are really going to drive me to drink. Who wants to drive when Al will:D:D

I'm a supporter of 2 groups! But we'll be ok !

3 start time is to late. 10-2 for practice with 2 groups and a little common sence......gittie up!

KA2AEV
2011.03.04, 03:44 PM
Oh we are going to killmyers.....you are really going to drive me to drink. Who wants to drive when Al will:D:D

I'm a supporter of 2 groups! But we'll be ok !

3 start time is to late. 10-2 for practice with 2 groups and a little common sence......gittie up!

I agree
3 is a late start We shoudl keep it at 2
Its going to be a long day as it is looking already!

ActionRC
2011.03.04, 04:02 PM
10:00 OPEN, 2:00 START.

Signing off - call me at the track after 8 if you need me! :D

KA2AEV
2011.03.04, 10:19 PM
I feel the need
The Need For Speed:D

Davey G
2011.03.04, 10:19 PM
Am I the furthest person coming to this event? 100 miles door to door. ;)

ActionRC
2011.03.05, 12:17 AM
Mike S is from the island, but I don't think he's 100 miles away.

Layout is down, and we're ready to go! Good night!

philly123
2011.03.05, 01:15 AM
Mike S is from the island, but I don't think he's 100 miles away.

Layout is down, and we're ready to go! Good night!

20 bucks says Als behind the counter napping by 3 o'clock lol :p

Scrapper
2011.03.05, 01:55 AM
time to hit the hay just built a backup

LogicBytes
2011.03.05, 03:01 AM
Am I the furthest person coming to this event? 100 miles door to door. ;)

You got me beat by 25 miles. I'm only 75 away. :D

Slapstick10
2011.03.05, 07:39 AM
I hear that the Northern state , Southern state and LIE are closed. sorry dave maybe next year!!!:p Just kidding!!!

Good morning race fans! Today is the big day! At last count we had like 50 racers. What this means to everyone is that their is just a few more people to get in your way as you reach for a Title win at the winternationals! Its going to be an awesome day and I wish everyone luck!

Just a word of common sense....

Even though we are using a gunshot start to add excitement, having a bad qualifier does not ruin your day. Relax gain composure and get back on track. Placement for the main is by time not by finishing position in the qualifier.

If you are experiencing a problem with your transponder card....DO NOT WAIT TO LET A TRACK OFFICIAL KNOW. Please take a few extra minutes to make sure you are scanned during practice.

Patience!!! yes patience!!!! Rome wasn't built in a day it was destroyed in a day. If you need a marshal let them know. they will get you as fast as they can,however to run through oncoming traffic to save a lap for you with the possibility of stepping on someones car is not fair either.

As the founder of DKR...a club for the racers by the racers. We will be missing one of our A Main elite drivers today as he defends his title at the Tamiya Race in Maryland. Rob B I wish you luck as Casey tries to figure out how to stop you on the outside!! You can do it bro!!! Bring home the Gold baby!!!!!!:D

egonzalez
2011.03.05, 02:38 PM
Do you a live video link to the event?

Scrapper
2011.03.06, 12:11 AM
had a great time al great event

hpotter
2011.03.06, 12:22 AM
WinterNationals--I had fun

SaiTam
2011.03.06, 12:38 AM
had a great time al great event

Me too except I couldn't find the duct tape in my car on the way back home; and also the earplugs.

J-Milz
2011.03.06, 12:48 AM
A great event! Every bit worth the grief and gloom I felt when I walked through the door. (Gee this sofa is comfy!! :D)

bermbuster
2011.03.06, 06:57 AM
Awesome Race.......
we are very lucky to have a great group of mini z maniacs in the metro NYC area to make all this happen.....:cool:

Jamil was pitting next to me. He arrived late (no practice) his cars were literally smoking in the pits....Wrenches and screwdrivers were busy.
His qualifiers were his practice. He commented to me If I could only get a clean run......Then his widebody stock main went off....It was an awesome race to watch......To take the lead in the final lap and to be chased to the finish line is....PRICELESS

I want to believe everybody in every main had competition and it was truly a race to remember.

I really enjoyed the TEAM element at Action. It adds a new dimension to
racing.....Now which team had the most wins at the Winternats....:cool:

JuniorWKR
2011.03.06, 07:54 AM
had a blast at the winternats... thanks to all who were involved i putting it together... Big thanks to Al.. i know the day had to be stressful witht he amount of racers that showed up but i think you were more then accomidating at meeting all the racers needs and it showed in the great day of racing everyone had...

had an awesome run with Davey G in Wide stock even though Sai ran away wit it and im still mad at him cause all day he was telling me his cars werent working:rolleyes:... i think i just got setup on that one... hahaaa... awesome run Sai... in pan i was really looking to battle it out for a podium finish agai but for some odd reason as soon as i put the car down on the track i had no brakes or reverse... very odd because when i took it off the track on the last run it was perfect... but hey thats what next year is for...

this whole DKR / DMS team rivalry thing going on is hilarious... so glad i was able to part of hit... Scott is definitly the Mayor i ordered him the top hat to prove it... hahaa... Austin is my new HERO... i wanna be just like him when i grow up... watching him battle it out in his main was pricelesss... i had tears comming down my eyes... i also ordered him chapstick after that run... i said to maj i hope he doesnt cleanch his teeth if he flips over or he will bite his tongue rite off... hahaa... Harely did a great job too helping out with the annoucing and tickets and marshelling my pan car for me ;):D... hope next time she is racing though....

i am very glad i went to this race.. .its the first time i have been to the new location and its been 3 years since i last raced at an Action event... Actions racing environment is that like none other... total different end of the spectrum from MHS... It is good to see that Al is able to groom so many young drivers in a positive manner and the family feel you get from seeing father and children teams there is something to appreciate... I saw a few boys get upset yesterday when they werent happy with their perfromances in the mains... i totally get it and respect the passion these boys have but i want you guys to remember that as serious as you take this and has hard as you guys want to be good there is no reason to get that upset.... no one can drive good when your head isnt clear... so please try somethig for me... next time you find your self having some troubles on the track just pull to the side, take a deep breath reset your self and get back in there.... its not about wining right then and there but being a winner in the long run... follow the lead of the guys who you look up to and respect and it will all come together for you... you guys have alot of great talent and respectable roll models there to learn from so dont let your feelings get the best of you and remember bottom line you are at action because you are there doing something you love and have fun doing...dont forget that...

Like to give a BIG shoutout to Team MHS... all the guys really pulled it together.. I would also like to explain the stituation about Mikey Yesterday... Mikey is no doubt a AMAIN driver... thats why he drives for PN... R1... Muchmore... but the problem with Mikey is he always just drove and never learned a single thing about his cars... everyone else always worked on them... so fri nite i broke his entire car down and made him rebuild it himself... all day at the track anything he needed to do or try with setup i made him do it himself... i explained setup to him all day and made him figure it out o his own... so in my eyes his performance yesterday was the biggest victory in his young career... everything he did yesterday he did on his own and earned it every step of the way.... good job buddy... proud of you.... and lets not forget that in about 2 years theres a little guy at MHS thats gonna make us all look slow... 5 year old wonder child Alex Banting... that boy just aint rite... in a good way... what he does with a car is sick... beond comprehension..

thanks again to everyone... had a blast... to Al aqnd the guys at Action.. to my sponsors who continue you to keep me on top... MHS (The Track that is Redefining Todays Racer), DG Designs, Team Scream, Top Secret Motors, LL3 Industries and Reflex Racing who just picked me up at the capital challenge as a team driver and we are underway getting my cars converted over his products and looking foward to representing Christian and his products in many races to come... I actually ran the reflex racing ssg rears at action and they were awesome... tons of traction.. the ones with the 4 grooves... sorry for the long post... just hope it shows the true enjoyment i get from this hobby... see everyone out on the rcp....

SaiTam
2011.03.06, 08:34 AM
Nice write-up. Don't be mad at me. I didn't TQ and never won a qualifier which proved that my car wasn't working until the Mains. ;)

In the future if you see my pit area looking like this (which is usually the case) it means my cars aren't working. It's a tell-tale sign
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/messypit.jpg

Racing with no delays even with 40+ racers. I love the simplicity of CORE.

Thanks to all who made it happened.

Al, let's use the late Kyosho prizes for a post-WinterNats or SpringNationals race. Qualifying will use gunshot start with cars lining up backward facing the barrier.

sjm324
2011.03.06, 09:53 AM
Another great event held at action rc...great job by al and all that helped to make it a very special day....i think the mayor also needs a big shout out and special thanks for all the networking he does....great job by all the racers from the f main to the a main...it was great to see the support from the mhs crew, they are all class acts and a pleasure to hang and race with...cant wait till the next big race

Fifty7
2011.03.06, 10:03 AM
Congrats to Al and everyone who helped make this a successful day. The whole day ran unbelievable smooth. I myself race for fun. My goal every week is to have a fun race with guys of the same caliber as myself, not to make the bottom of the A and stay out of the way of the top guys. I'm very thankful that Al provides a place for me like that and at the same time the "elite" A guys can still have their intense racing. I dont know which team came away with the most hardware but have also enjoyed what the team aspect has done for us. All of the Dream Cup teams represented proudly. I also want to say thanks to Mikey & especially Alex for showing us "adults" how to keep their composure on the drivers stand.

harleygirrl22
2011.03.06, 10:22 AM
i would like to give a BIG thanks to AL for letting my father bring me there.
I would also like to thank everyone who thought i was good enough to race (nat) but no matter how much you wanted me to my dad (your un-offical mayor) wouldnt budge. :/ i had a great time there helping AL and watching the races... all i have left to say now is hope im on the drivers stand with all the great racers next time :D

fraga
2011.03.06, 11:01 AM
Me too except I couldn't find the duct tape in my car on the way back home; and also the earplugs.

Told you take the earplugs I had brought....

egonzalez
2011.03.06, 11:26 AM
Dose anybody have the race results?

Fifty7
2011.03.06, 11:35 AM
i would like to give a BIG thanks to AL for letting my father bring me there.
I would also like to thank everyone who thought i was good enough to race (nat) but no matter how much you wanted me to my dad (your un-offical mayor) wouldnt budge. :/ i had a great time there helping AL and watching the races... all i have left to say now is hope im on the drivers stand with all the great racers next time :D

You really need to think about switching teams young lady. You are definitely good enough to race. Isn't that the great thing about Action? Drivers of every ability means theres no such thing as not good enough. You come over to DMS. We wont hold you back and when was the last time you saw one of our wheels or batteries fall off?:D

All kidding aside, i cant blame your dad, it is a long rough day to keep your own 3 cars running and to have to take care of 4 more (Yours and Austin) would be a lot to handle. I didnt bring my son for the same reason but on a positive note you were an asset to have around and help out and deserved that marshaling trophy.

Cherub1m
2011.03.06, 11:48 AM
Dose anybody have the race results?

Congrats to all participants sounds like it was a fun event.

What we're the final results.

J-Milz
2011.03.06, 11:48 AM
Told you take the earplugs I had brought....

Can't wait to see those pic's you took Javier.

harleygirrl22
2011.03.06, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=Fifty7;408343]You really need to think about switching teams young lady. You are definitely good enough to race. Isn't that the great thing about Action? Drivers of every ability means theres no such thing as not good enough. You come over to DMS. We wont hold you back and when was the last time you saw one of our wheels or batteries fall off?:D

All kidding aside, i cant blame your dad, it is a long rough day to keep your own 3 cars running and to have to take care of 4 more (Yours and Austin) would be a lot to handle. I didnt bring my son for the same reason but on a positive note you were an asset to have around and help out and deserved that marshaling trophy.[/QUOTE
----------------------------------

I will definitely think about the offer but after seeing how much everyone got "hacked" I was glad I didn't not race , it was very hard out there and I give congrats to the racers last night .everyone did absolutely great. And for the marshal of the day , I was very shocked that Al didn't give it to Dominick or stugottz but in the ending all of us walked out with a little something ... Tom buying 90 tickets maybe more just to win the mr-03 for that you should have bought the car Tom :) but it's okay because you helped the track:)

J-Milz
2011.03.06, 12:31 PM
Tom buying 90 tickets maybe more just to win the mr-03 for that you should have bought the car Tom :) but it's okay because you helped the track:)

LOL!!! Kids say the darnest things...:eek:

hpotter
2011.03.06, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=Fifty7;408343]Tom buying 90 tickets maybe more just to win the mr-03 for that you should have bought the car Tom :) but it's okay because you helped the track:)
Shhh, I don't know what your talking about I only bought 1 ticket...on another note the DMS vulgarity fund took in some major benjamins.

harleygirrl22
2011.03.06, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=harleygirrl22;408353]
Shhh, I don't know what your talking about I only bought 1 ticket...on another note the DMS vulgarity fund took in some major benjamins.
--------------------------------
YES tom , it must have been another "TOM".:p

Slapstick10
2011.03.06, 01:21 PM
So.....I've been reading all your post all morning. I am so happy that everyone enjoyed themselves including myself. I do believe that had Harley raced yesterday she would have made a big impression. However marty hit the nail right on the head. Between Austins car and my 3 it was just to much to bear. Harley is a very unique novice racer....she understands the concept of throttle control. And I believe she will be ready for the Fall Nationals! And what I mean by ready is being able to fix and maintain her own car. because Austin is young I fix his cars but the truth is he needs to learn to do it himself. I'm not charging batteries,snapping battery clips and putting tape on his car. Its his responsibility to do this. And untill he learns this its still going to happen.....and eventually he will learn after it happens enough.

I can sit here all day and thank alot of people because there were so many people who had a hand in making this event spectacular it was sureal. But the one person I am going to thank is Al. Al has always been for the fun factor of the hobby and that is what makes Action such a unique track. But for Al to go outside the box and compromise to bridge the gap between fun racing and competitive racing was just .....well I will say ....It takes my breath away. Two different tracks with two different concepts of racing were able to exist in the same place at the same time on the same track....this my friends was the most amazing thing to watch.

To all the winners.....Congrats....you deserve it. I believe That MHS is having a shootout at the end of April. I for one plan on being there. Maj,Junior,Will,Mark,Mike,George,Frank and Alex ty for coming to this event you guys raised the bar here at Action and the competion was fierce. Sai,Roland,Javier,Phil.......everyone drove their A$$ off.

I can sit here and write forever but I tired and raced out. If I didn't mention your name please dont take it to offense.

46 races and no problem......everyone pat yourself on the back ...good job!:D

GTR driver
2011.03.06, 02:29 PM
Had a great time at the winter nationals! Even though I've been shock by my teammates about stretching things and what not! :eek:

EMU
2011.03.06, 02:46 PM
I would like to thank Al and everyone at Action RC who made this race possible. Reflex Racing, DG Designs, and all others who sponsored this event.

I would like to congratulate the winners. It was a tough battle in wide, I just couldnt get the car right. Either I had too much push (as I did in qualifiers), or traction rolling (as I did in the mains). Maj ran a great B main race, and nearly lapped the field before getting stuck in traffic a few times which allowed me to catch up and pass him on the final minute. After I got by, I started thinking to myself, did I just get back on his lap, or was that the lead. Regardless, I had to be sure to be composed and not hit anything, Maj had a little more speed and was closing quickly, so I just ran as smooth as I could and got to the finish for the B win. This B main, could have been an A main at many other events... it was a tight field.

In Pan, I was very surprised to have passed Davey G on track in the final lap of Q1. It meant that I was on a good pace. Although I knew he was trying a high grip front tire, it was a good start. By the time the heat was over, I was right behind Junior who took the early TQ. The car was good, but would it be good later on... Come time for the main, we got off to a good start, Dave started to pull a small gap from Junior who was in front of me. As I went through the loop, I thought I could get inside Junior into the chicane before the main straight as he had been taking that section a little wider than I was. We collided, and I waited for him to get going again before I went, which lost almost any shot of getting the win. I got passed Junior and tried to put down the fastest laps that I could have, but that made me error more, and increased the gap to Dave who was on cruise control for the rest of the race. I am very satisfied with 2nd, but would have liked to have given Dave a good battle for it.

jackg
2011.03.06, 05:56 PM
Thank you once again Al for an incredible event.:cool:
That was awesome. great way to return to ActionRC. Jamil-that was an epic battle and that race we had sums up why i do this. Good job and congrats.:D -j

J-Milz
2011.03.06, 08:26 PM
Thank you once again Al for an incredible event.:cool:
That was awesome. great way to return to ActionRC. Jamil-that was an epic battle and that race we had sums up why i do this. Good job and congrats.:D -j

I was most suprised that we didn't bang into each other that much. It was a clean race between us. Lil Alex :eek: Wow!!! I'd like to bottle up and sell the stuff that drives this kid. He's gonna be a force to be recon with!

Nice Avatar Scotty Boy!

ruf993
2011.03.06, 09:59 PM
Alex and I had a great time.... I know my son already made some new friends and wanted to know when are we coming back.. :p

Just wanted to say thanks to Al and the Action RC crew for giving Me, Alex, and my MHS racers a welcoming feeling at your shop.

If you guys are ever in the NJ area please hit me up so I can return the favor.

best regards
Maj
CEO
majsrc.com

PS: thanks for all your help and lunch Scott..:)
thanks Al for your generous gesture (it was not necessary) but it goes a long way in my book.

ActionRC
2011.03.07, 09:06 AM
Hey, everyone! Thank you to all of you for the kind words. I am really flattered, and your comments should easily keep me going for another year, especially as April 1st comes. That is the 7th anniversary of signing my first lease on Ellis. I was a mere 30 year old with a desire to race after American Raceway closed. Action still stands because of all of you!

I cannot thank enough my loyal weekly racers who come so often and race and contribute to the track. Thank you to Maj and his crew for coming down as well. After a few drop-outs and no-shows, we had 44 stock drivers, and I think that number was perfect. You guys made Saturday awesome. I admit I was a bit stressed at the beginning, but as the day went on, and things were running smoothly, I was able to sit on the bleechers, marshal a few races, and truly enjoy myself. I had a blast!

In my apparently unnoticeable relaxation, I completely forgot to hand out four really cool prizes that I had. Reflex Racing had told me that I could give out four $25 gift certificates to use on their website to be used for Reflex parts. I had to give Cristian the email addresses of the winners, and I forgot to give out the prizes. Tonight, in front of witnesses, I will put all 43 names (not mine) in a box and pick out 4 winners. I'm really sorry about it - I guess without seeing a tangible prize in front of me I forgot about it, but I will be sure to get winners for these really great prizes.

My only stress of the day was not receiving the Kyosho prizes in time. I still have no idea what was in that prize box, but as Sai said, we'll use them for the Fall Nationals. (No more Summernationals with the crazy-hot summers we have been having!) I cannot thank my volunteer assistants enough - Crop (who I still cannot believe did not tell Amanda the Legend of Cropduster before throwing her into the Lion's Den like that), Jeff (who didn't even race but helped me get ready Friday night), everyone who helped call a race, Scott for representing all over the Tri-State and spreading the word, and Harley, for really doing so many things to help without even racing for herself - and believe me - she is good enough to give many of us who were there a run for our money! Thank you so much to all of you, and everyone who helped make Saturday so special.

We had cameras all over the place, and all races were filmed to be added to our YouTube channel. It may take a bit, but they'll be up there. Crop and Roland are always great at getting the recorded races up for everyone to re-live (and dispute!) Tonight I will pull all of the results and get them officially posted soon (with Jeff's help!) I took a well-needed day off yesterday to help Juliana with her science project, get caught up on Survivor, and watch Tony ALMOST win in Vegas, but I am ready for racing and practice tonight! I cannot wait to start working on my MR03 Pucho Edition!

Again, thank you all for making Saturday one of the most awesome days in ARCMS history, and for your continued support and help. I cannot do this alone, and you all continue to make it possible. Thank you also to all of the sponsors who donated prizes - Kyosho, PN Racing, Atomic, DG Designs, Reflex Racing, and Mikey's Mucus! Congratulations to all of the winners - I'll get at least the winner info up soon.

Junior and Maj - I really enjoyed your posts. Thank you! I told everyone I know about Alex on Sunday. I was in awe.

SaiTam
2011.03.07, 11:16 AM
I'm most impressed by the performance of a lot of the Narrow cars out there. Dave's PanCar also looked incredibly smooth and fast. My wide car was awesome but my Narrow could use a lot of improvement. Lately my Narrow car is getting spanked at all the local tracks that run them. Thank you Pucho for giving me a phone call last night about double fetting for the 70T. I wish you were at the WinterNats so I could borrow your car. Can't wait to see the videos and photos.

Fifty7
2011.03.07, 11:37 AM
I'm most impressed by the performance of a lot of the Narrow cars out there. Dave's PanCar also looked incredibly smooth and fast. My wide car was awesome but my Narrow could use a lot of improvement. Lately my Narrow car is getting spanked at all the local tracks that run them. Thank you Pucho for giving me a phone call last night about double fetting for the 70T. I wish you were at the WinterNats so I could borrow your car. Can't wait to see the videos and photos.

Me too Sai. Week after week i do the same laps and same fast laps with my wide & narrow. I just don't know if that means my narrow is good or my wide is terrible or if i just cant drive fast (I'm leaning towards the cant drive thing):p

I just want to say that we have had a lot of discussions about this hobby being fun and the things we do (like teams) we do for the kids. My goals for the 'Nats were simple, first was the fun (I had a ball) second was to try my best to make the B in Wide & Narrow (Which i did). Winning the B Narrow and taking home the trophy was a bonus but the real prize was when i got home and my son saw the trophy his eyes lit up and i got "Oh yeah gimme a high five". We were right all along - it's all about the kids and now he (& me) cant wait for Friday night. :D

TomSr
2011.03.07, 11:48 AM
Reading all these posts makes me even more jealous that I had to drop out of the WinterNats at the last minute. After working on both of my cars during the week, carefully cycling my batteries, etc - a back injury put me down for the count Friday night and there was just no way I could physically race. When I did limp into the track for a peek Saturday evening I could see that it was an absolutely awesome event taking place. At least Crop made use of my narrow car and had it looking pretty good out on the track. I can't wait for next time. Congratulations to Al, all who helped, and all who raced!

Slapstick10
2011.03.07, 12:04 PM
Me too Sai. Week after week i do the same laps and same fast laps with my wide & narrow. I just don't know if that means my narrow is good or my wide is terrible or if i just cant drive fast (I'm leaning towards the cant drive thing):p

I just want to say that we have had a lot of discussions about this hobby being fun and the things we do (like teams) we do for the kids. My goals for the 'Nats were simple, first was the fun (I had a ball) second was to try my best to make the B in Wide & Narrow (Which i did). Winning the B Narrow and taking home the trophy was a bonus but the real prize was when i got home and my son saw the trophy his eyes lit up and i got "Oh yeah gimme a high five". We were right all along - it's all about the kids and now he (& me) cant wait for Friday night. :D

And I'm kind of glad you said that. I think we should adopt a 80turn novice class. Whe have a bunch of new guys that come on saturday that would bennifit from this class. Not to mention a bunch of C main guys that would learn better lines also. Its only a surgestion but it would be a great class. We could intergrate it in our friday program. Leave narrow at 2 quals and have the 80t for 2 quals and a main.I'm going to use him as an example but had Anthony started racing in a slower class first it would have taught him clean lines before speed. JMO. In my mind A&B Drivers would be excluded. Also thinking about it we should hold a teaching class on saturdays to teach new guys how to maintain and fix there cars. Such as diff rebuilding, tire taping and glueing and what springs do. just a thought:cool:

JuniorWKR
2011.03.07, 12:25 PM
great idea about the 80t scott... it has really changed the racing environment at MHS... the novice guys are progressing so much faaster then ever before... they are truely learning what it takes to be fast with that motor.. line, timing, setup and thae ability to carry speed through the infield... i think it wil lbe a major assest to incorporate that class at action to help groom all the young drivers you have there.. its the perfect motor for that... and dont exclude anyone outside of sponsored drivers... the young guys still need to be able to follow someone faster then them to let them know where they need to be... A,B,C doesnt matter.. whos in the amain a certian nite can depend on the turnout... just keep it to non sponsored drivers and the class will be awesome...

rememeber that this motor evens the palying field as far as speed is concerend... so a amain guy isnt going to blow the doors off a cmain guy on the straighaway... he is gonna beat him in the infield and these yonger drivers need to experience this on ta level that they can handle.. this motor will not get them in trouble nor will it create any trouble... they will be following the fasts guys lead in no time...

bermbuster
2011.03.07, 01:56 PM
Frankie ran an 80t.... I felt with his lack of practice a fast motor would have been trouble. He was leading the F main for about 2 or 3 minutes.....
It gave him the ability to run clean.....:D

PNracing
2011.03.07, 02:18 PM
Congratulation Dave!

rajiex
2011.03.07, 04:31 PM
Alex and I had a great time.... I know my son already made some new friends and wanted to know when are we coming back.. :p

Just wanted to say thanks to Al and the Action RC crew for giving Me, Alex, and my MHS racers a welcoming feeling at your shop.

If you guys are ever in the NJ area please hit me up so I can return the favor.

best regards
Maj
CEO
majsrc.com

PS: thanks for all your help and lunch Scott..:)
thanks Al for your generous gesture (it was not necessary) but it goes a long way in my book.

Maj, It was great seeing your crew run at Action. Alex is amazing..Is it genetic or did u give him some special formula?. What ever it is. bottle it, you can make a fortune. The best part is I did hack him several times, and I have never seen that kind of composure; let alone from a kid. He will be a force to be reckoned with.

J-Milz
2011.03.07, 05:20 PM
just keep it to non sponsored drivers and the class

Lol... There are no sponsored Jr drivers at Action. It's funny this topic came up. I was admiring the driving ability of the mini speed demons Maj has in his stable and wondering why Action isn't on the same sheet of music. Then I thought about the time and effort Tom puts into Dominic which allows his ability to grow leaps and bounds over the others. A beginners class is a awesome idea. I noticed that when Jonathon began to set up my cars I instantly gained a lap or two, then I'd go back to sucking. The changes he made were simple but were instantly felt. It would be great to announce training sessions weekly and discuss one topic at a time sought of like what Home depot does for the handy challenged.

Good idea!

Fifty7
2011.03.07, 05:45 PM
Lol... There are no sponsored Jr drivers at Action. It's funny this topic came up. I was admiring the driving ability of the mini speed demons Maj has in his stable and wondering why Action isn't on the same sheet of music. Then I thought about the time and effort Tom puts into Dominic which allows his ability to grow leaps and bounds over the others. A beginners class is a awesome idea. I noticed that when Jonathon began to set up my cars I instantly gained a lap or two, then I'd go back to sucking. The changes he made were simple but were instantly felt. It would be great to announce training sessions weekly and discuss one topic at a time sought of like what Home depot does for the handy challenged.

Good idea!

I agree, the class would be cool, and not just for the kids. I wish I knew what to do with my cars when theyre a little too loose or tight. The other problem (besides not learning) with someone else working on your car is they do what they think is right but that may not always be right for your driving style. Take a car like Phils, Nats or Jonathans, we cant drive them but the get around great. The only one of the A main guys who's car I could just pick up and drive like it was my own (only better) is Eugene. As far as Dominick, I'll probably take some heat for this and I'm not saying that Tom hasn't helped him tremendously but i honestly just think the kid could drive almost anything when he's not frustrating himself. He was driving with a USA motor for the longest time and keeping up with the guys using Atomic stock mainly because of his lines. If he could keep his composure like we saw Mikey & Alex do he would take a big step forward.

J-Milz
2011.03.07, 06:20 PM
Tom hasn't helped him tremendously but i honestly just think the kid could drive
:eek: Are you serious???? Not that it's a bad thing, but you gotta give Tom some credit. He's like Jack Roush to that kid. I bet if a Legit A main guy (like say Rob) was to take, lets say Golddust cars home break them down and give him on the spot driving texhniques's hed bump up as well. Set up is half the battle. Track time is the other.

SaiTam
2011.03.07, 06:30 PM
You left out S**gottz who is no longer in the bottom mains. He was driving Scott's narrow car and won a trophy. Last Tuesday he was in the A-Main with Roland.

Fifty7
2011.03.07, 06:38 PM
:eek: Are you serious???? Not that it's a bad thing, but you gotta give Tom some credit. He's like Jack Roush to that kid. I bet if a Legit A main guy (like say Rob) was to take, lets say Golddust cars home break them down and give him on the spot driving texhniques's hed bump up as well. Set up is half the battle. Track time is the other.

I new I'd take heat for that statement but Wow!!! Talk about bad editing. You very conveniently cut off the part where I said I'm NOT saying that Tom hasn't helped him. :p:D Of course Tom has helped him, he's helped me too but like i said, take a look at Domenicks cars, there's nothing there that all of us don't have in ours. And Yes i agree with everything else and i wish i had a legit A guy to setup my car, maybe then i could learn to get more out of my 70 turn like Jonathan, Whose AM 70 turn car is faster than my Atomic stock car.:p

Fifty7
2011.03.07, 06:40 PM
You left out S**gottz who is no longer in the bottom mains. He was driving Scott's narrow car and won a trophy. Last Tuesday he was in the A-Main with Roland.

He has improved very much since the last time i saw him but i'm sure a lot of that is due to the fact that he no longer has 8 pounds of paint on his cars:eek:

J-Milz
2011.03.07, 07:12 PM
New topic: where' s the race day pictures??? Video??

JuniorWKR
2011.03.07, 08:21 PM

Good idea!

its a rule a dont totally agree with but what i think happens when we say no sponsored drivers is it takes away the intimidation factor and the feeling that they will always be pulling over fot he faster drivers... imo i truely think this will probally be the most successful class at action after having the oppurtunity to run with you guys and see what you are all about... to be honest and please dont anyone take this the wrong way but MHS came into this race being thought of as the serious guys and action the fun guys in terms of why we race but i think its the other way around... you have some pretty serious racers there who have alot of passion for this hobby... and i can garuntee you that these guys with the oppportunity to become faster will jump all over it... so my unofficial vote for you guys is a 80t class... rules are 2wd or awd chassis... 90 to 102mm... no pan bodies... just have fun with it... you will see everyones skill level grow from this class... even the fast guys will get faster... everyone can benefit from breaking something down to the simplist form and just slowing things down and getting back to the root of racing and finding the line and the timing... everyones skills will be sharpened...

EMU
2011.03.07, 09:52 PM
While I do dislike excluding the sponsored/expert drivers for the 80t class, it also makes them available at the time that those classes are being run to help work on setup or coach drivers that are in the 80t class. Which actually makes it kind of interesting.

Initially when I heard about the idea, I was completely against it, as drivers are sponsored for different reasons. Some for driving ability, others for promotion/development... I decided to wait a little while before posting my thoughts, and I am glad that I have. I think it would definitely help the developing drivers tremendously. You have to be fast with a slow car to learn that speed is not what makes you faster. Being smooth, staying off the boards, and taking good lines helps out more than high speed down the straight.

Dom has definitely improved a lot since he started... Tom put in a lot of time, and it definitely helps. Once he can figure out the setup for himself, he should only get faster, since he can make the changes that he needs for the car to work the way he wants. Filtering his setup changes through Tom will only making him slower. As Tom has a different driving style and does not drive the car over the limit as much as Dom does. Dom may want to consult Nat or Sai for car setup as well, as they drive more similar to his driving style than Tom does... Tom does a great job with setup, in general, I see him put more emphasis on Doms car than his own. Normally because his setups are already at a good point for his driving style.

hpotter
2011.03.07, 11:15 PM
I know this is not the thread for this but there has been a lot of talk about the younger guys on it so I'll just say this, I , in no way deserve any credit for Dominicks advancing driving skills, it is all him. As others have said his biggest obstacle right now is composure but lets tell the truth we all know he takes things to heart and its very difficult for him to not get frustrated when he is pointed out for every bump, scrape or whatever infraction that occurs during the race. I think sometimes people forget that he is 11 and should not be treated as if he was an adult even though he races with and beats adults. :). As far as me setting up his cars for him, yes, I try to give him a neutral set-up and then talk to him and see what he wants more or less of and then in little bits I try to explain to him what changes do to the car but again he is 11. He is the driver and if anyone forgot, this is the kid that took the A-Main in narrow with all top A-Main drivers and not for nothing he just plain out drove us :). I will say I was very impressed with Mickey and Alex and how they composed themselves but (maybe I'm wrong) I don't think they get called out for hacking if theres a crash or bump or whatever...and I also think adults need to realize that different kids handle criticism differently. I think everyone is also forgetting about the advancement that Austin has made with the help of his crew but we all know he loses it when things aren't going his way (duh-he's a kid). Bottom line I don't want to take anything away from Dominick, he is the one working with my set-up and making it look good...thats the driver. I totally agree with EMU, once he starts to set-up and tune his own cars to his style I think a lot of people are in trouble. Sorry for the long thread I just wanted to reiterate that sometimes things have to be handled with kid gloves and to never forget that this is about fun.

bermbuster
2011.03.08, 05:11 AM
Whatever you guys are doing at Action with Father/son and Mentor/kid
racing is Awesome. I started racing with my son when he was 5. The times we had are priceless. Our first mini z racing was at Action. Unfortunately for me I travel way too much for work and we never get to put in serious practice and or racing. Now Frank is getting older it is tough to get him to race. (football,basketball, paintball,etc...)
Down the road you may want to have a Father/son, Father/daughter, mentor/kid type of trophy race.....Just dont let Maj/Alex race...(only kidding)

JuniorWKR
2011.03.08, 08:21 AM
anyone able to post the results yet...

Slapstick10
2011.03.08, 09:10 AM
I had to read back some pages to find how this conversation ended up here. Let me start by saying each child as you refer to has had unique circumstances surrounding there sucess. Alex from NJ....Maj's son has probably logged more hours of driving on a single track then anyone I know. Dominic has been blessed with a silver spoon mechanic that sets and techs his cars. So each child has been enabled in some way and its not wrong to do so its just an obersvation. I originally posted about 80turn class because we have some guys from the flying club who come on saturday as well as some youngsters the are brand new. I keep telling them to keep coming on saturday because usually the track is quiet from 12-2. I would like to give these guys a chance to blend with the general population without being overwhelmed.
Now lets go back to the kids. Austin has become a interesting driver but does nothing to maintain his car. You wanna blame it on DKR fine dont care. I refuse to charge his batteries,tape his tires or tape his bodies. These are things we taught him and if he looses because he wants to play video games with RJ or run around with Vincent....well he will have a meltdown. Harley because of her age is being taught in a differant way. Harley is being taught by Rob and myself the fundamentals of setup. And we will see the difference. How many people do you know who can pick up Nats remote and drive his car well.....Harley can which is amazing....Nats car is very aggressive and twitchy.....as is Robs.

On a seperate note I ran dnano last night.....with a properly setup nano it is way fun.

Davey G
2011.03.08, 10:13 AM
Highlight of the weekend for me was getting to know Scotts son Austin. Dude, the kids has his very own theme music, and dances to it on the drivers stand. Please tell me someone got that on video. PRICELESS!!!

Number1
2011.03.08, 11:34 AM
Videos are up!
Not knowing whether or not the battery will last or the memory card will have enough capacity for all the mains, I had to leave out some of the lower Mains, sorry about that.

Wide A-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e9CQt7ST_0
Wide B-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-elYas-3h98
Wide C-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVN4sDYlBvw

Pan A-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOr52wi4hwQ
Pan B-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw2Pd9wn-KQ

Narrow A-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60aWMXK7omU
Narrow B-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgEmwrwhOiE
Narrow C-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9ScH87JTMU

ActionRC
2011.03.08, 11:50 AM
Thank you, Roland!

Last night, we picked four random numbers that were assigned to all drivers, and here are the winners of the Reflex gift certificates:

Mike Sam
Johnathan K
Tom P
Anthony V

I will send your email addresses to Cristian at Reflex so he can send you your prize!

Here is a recap of how it all went down...

Wide A Main: Sai Tam took the big A-Main win with the most impressive run I have ever seen him have! He had a nice gap between himself and Junior and Dave G, who battled for second, as did the rest of the field! Dave had the early lead for the first third of the race, and Sai made an impressive pass on lap 12 to lead it for the rest of the race. Junior ran in third most of the race, and with just two laps to go, passed Dave G for 2nd! It was crazy! Check out these results!

Sai 43 7:03.40
Junior 42 7:01.80
Dave G 42 7:03.26
Johnathan 42 7:03.76
Phil 42 7:06.96
Roland 42 7:08.61
Danny 40 7:05.85
Will 39 7:05.47

Wide B Main: Talk about tight! The top four finished on the lead lap within just seconds of each other, with three cars swapping the lead! Nat lead early, Maj lead most of the race, and Eugene made the pass with just 4 laps to go! Congrats to Eugene for the big B Main win!

Eugene 41 7:05.14
Maj 41 7:06.71
Nat 41 7:10.04
Crop 40 7:03.56
Scott 39 7:02.62
Mark R 39 7:09.16
Tom P 39 7:09.42
Marty 2 22.14

Wide C Main: Adam and Mikey had a great battle for the lead, but ultimately it was Adam who took the win!

Adam 40 7:04.81
Mikey 40 ????? (Did not put transponder in.)
Al 38 7:05.35
Dominick 38 7:08.75
Javier 36 7:03.91
Stuscrapper 36 7:09.44
Shafiq 2 20.30

Wide D Main: This was the race of the day to me! Jamil and Jack duked it out the entire race! Kevin S lead the first 3, and then Jamil and Jack swapped the lead seven times - just at the lap counter! They finished just 2 seconds apart, with Little Alex - just 5 years old!!! - right behind the leader by just 5 seconds! One slip between J & J and Alex would have taken the win! Jack needed the extra lap and just missed it. Respect to Jamil for a much-earned win!

Jamil 37 7:10.07
Jack 36 7:01.32
Alex 36 7:04.12
Jim G 34 7:05.22
Paul C 33 7:10.33
Kevin S 29 7:07.09
Raj 29 7.08.36
Mike S 27 7:00.00 (Flat!)

Wide E Main: This was another fun race to watch, with Austin taking the win over Big Mike. He took the lead on lap 8 and never looked back. Great job!

Austin 32 7:06.82
Mike Sam 31 7:04.28
Greg O 30 7:00.61
Kevin A 27 7:11.71

Wide F Main: This was another great race, with very close competition. Joe lead early, Frankie took the lead, Golddust got by both to take the lead, had tire trouble, which let Joe get back out in front and take the win. You had to feel sorry for Golddust - he was having a great battle until the tire popped off. Better luck Friday, Golddust! Congrats to Joe D for the win!

Joe D 30 7:03.49
Frankie 27 7:03.64
John D 27 7:09.21
George 26 7:06.28
Golddust 24 7:00.17
Richie L 24 7:14.73 (Keep trying, Richie!)

A Main Narrow: Johnathan was untouchable! His Ferrari was awesome - almost as fast as his wide car. Roland lead laps 1-17, but Johnathan Johnathan took the lead at 17 and ran away with Roalnd nipping at his heals. Phil was right there waiting to pounce, but just couldn't catch the battle for the lead. Great run, JK!

Johnathan 42 7:07.72
Roland 41 7:02.94
Phil 41 7:06.19
Sai 40 7:08.70
Nat 40 7:09.77
Tom P 38 7:07.45

Narrow B Main: Marty had an impressive run - leading every lap! Scott and Dominick had a great battle for second - swapping the 2nd spot nine times just at the counter!

Marty 38 7:01.16
Scott 37 7:07.22
Dominick 37 7:11.40
Crop 35 7:00.59
Al 35 7:09.74
Adam 35 7:11.04
Shafiq 12 2:30.12

Narrow C Main: Stugotz! Scrapper! Stu P. Diddy! Sam! Whatever you call him, Stu took the win by just 2.05 seconds over Javier - driving Scott's car! He had a very impressive run, and actually beat my run in the B. (So did Javier!) Good work, Stu!

Sam 35 7:03.72
Javier 35 7:05.77
Jack 34 7:00.36
Kevin S 33 7:02.41
Mike S 33 7:09.09
Kevin A 29 7:10.14
Greg O 26 7:01.08

Narrow D Main: Eddie took the trophy, beating Joe by just 8 seconds. Golddust and Big Mike had a great father/son battle for 3rd!

Eddie 31 7:10.54
Joe D 30 7:04.51
Golddust 28 7:01.53
Mike Sam 28 7:03.97
Richie L 25 7:11.42

Pan Car A Main: Dave G lead this one from beginning to end - lapping the entire field!

Dave 43 7:03.47
Eugene 42 7:07.51
Johnathan 41 7:03.84
Danny 41 7:08.57
Will 39 7:01.40
Marty 37 7:01.67
Junior 37 7:08.78

Pan Car B Main: Dominick took the win with Will bumping up the the A after lapping the field 3 times in the B. Mike S has a nice run battling Dominick, but just couldn't get by in his 48 car.

Dominick 35 7:09.86
Mike S 34 7:00.17
Scott 34 7:02.17
Jim G 31 7:11.10
Golddust 29 7:05.27
Richie L 7 2:23.19

Congratulations to all of the winners, and congratulations to those of you who didn't win but had a heck of a time trying. Ultimitately, that's all that matters! Pictures will be up on the website soon. I hope everyone had a great time! Thank you all again!

Slapstick10
2011.03.08, 11:56 AM
I was present for the reflex prize drawing and confirm. Those are the winners fair and square! All registered racers were entered in drawing.

I had the greatest time at the Winternationals this year. And I didn't win but had so much fun!:D

SaiTam
2011.03.08, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the detailed race report and videos.

The only time I didn't bring my camera and won a big race, how ironic.

BTW, I took a gamble before the Wide Main and switched to Atomic 30 SlickR front from Kyosho 30 Radial. No more traction roll while providing very good grip. Give it a try, they are on Al's wall. Try 40 SlickR for Narrow.

I took my Narrow car apart today and found that it was Adam's non-fetted chassis that I swapped with him the last time I was at Action. No wonder my 70T was so slow. It also sucked in cornering so I completely re-built it with the 90mm Atomic rear end. Will see how it performs. I also quadrupled Fetted another 70T car I need to test run it.

Slapstick10
2011.03.08, 12:37 PM
your aiming low sai! BTW Congrats on the win at the nationals!

Fetts

cut out windows and put 10 high side to side LOL:eek:

SaiTam
2011.03.08, 12:46 PM
I'd run stock FETs if there were no 70T class. I will also be spending a lot less on batteries. I am a supporter for open motor rules limited by gearing. It's obvious to see a 6T or 9T while teching compared to inspecting a motor or FETs.

BTW, I can't find my NIP Kyosho MR-03 4th gear. It was the last one from Al's wall. Please help me find it. My car is now half way done and can't be completed.

ActionRC
2011.03.08, 01:45 PM
I'll have more on Friday - You lost it at the track? :(

Davey G
2011.03.08, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the detailed race report and videos.

The only time I didn't bring my camera and won a big race, how ironic.

BTW, I took a gamble before the Wide Main and switched to Atomic 30 SlickR front from Kyosho 30 Radial. No more traction roll while providing very good grip. Give it a try, they are on Al's wall. Try 40 SlickR for Narrow.

I took my Narrow car apart today and found that it was Adam's non-fetted chassis that I swapped with him the last time I was at Action. No wonder my 70T was so slow. It also sucked in cornering so I completely re-built it with the 90mm Atomic rear end. Will see how it performs. I also quadrupled Fetted another 70T car I need to test run it.

Congrats on your win SAI!!! I also took a gamble going into the main. New rear tires were NOT the way to go. Live and learn...

EMU
2011.03.08, 04:15 PM
What I find amazing was that the winning A main Wide and A main pan finished on the same lap, only .07s apart :eek:

Sai, I think I may have an ATM gear... if you are interested I will check when I get home to be certain.

I may have lost my leatherman at the track... I thought I may have left it at home, but I cant find it...

Fifty7
2011.03.08, 04:22 PM
What I find amazing was that the winning A main Wide and A main pan finished on the same lap, only .07s apart :eek:

Sai, I think I may have an ATM gear... if you are interested I will check when I get home to be certain.

I may have lost my leatherman at the track... I thought I may have left it at home, but I cant find it...

And Jonathan was only a few seconds off that with his narrow:eek:

fraga
2011.03.08, 04:39 PM
Here are the pictures! Sorry for the delay; had a rough start this week work wise. Hope you guys like them.

http://javierfraga.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Action-RC-Mini-Speedway-1/16120194_bJReV#1210229567_2Cb5J

bermbuster
2011.03.08, 05:38 PM
Here are the pictures! Sorry for the delay; had a rough start this week work wise. Hope you guys like them.

http://javierfraga.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Action-RC-Mini-Speedway-1/16120194_bJReV#1210229567_2Cb5J

Awesome pics Javier....:cool:

Kevin S.
2011.03.08, 05:49 PM
I want to thank Al, Jeff, Harley, and everyone else who helped to make the 2011Action RC Winternationals Happen. I had a great time as always. It was a blast to watch 44 racers battling it out on the RCP. From the top of the A to the bottom of the F there were some intense battles. I got to hang out with friends, hang out with my brother which is always great for me plus I had the opportunity to meet new people which is always a bonus. Thank you again Al for giving us a great place to race and congrats to all the winners.

sjm324
2011.03.08, 06:39 PM

great job Javier, you really caught some great moments of the day, the best part for me is looking at all the smiles on everyones face....it just shows how great Action RC really is and how much fun we always have

J-Milz
2011.03.08, 07:33 PM
Ahhh...... Just what I've been waiting for. Those are some great pics!

KA2AEV
2011.03.08, 09:36 PM

Been really busy these past few days and really have to compliment Al
for the Great Job he did running this race
It was a real pleasure for both Golddust and myself to run this past weekend

Also Javier Great Shots! They really set the mood for the races
Meaning A Great Time Was Had By All!!!

harleygirrl22
2011.03.08, 10:55 PM

aahah .... Pizza head :p:D:p:D:)

SaiTam
2011.03.09, 01:15 AM
Can somebody caption these two photos?

http://javierfraga.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Action-RC-Mini-Speedway-1/Mini-Z-Action-232245/1210267971_e2CZA-M.jpg

http://javierfraga.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Action-RC-Mini-Speedway-1/Mini-Z-Action-232254/1210268433_kEism-M.jpg

Slapstick10
2011.03.09, 05:59 AM
Why is it in every picture sammy is in he cant look at the camera?:rolleyes:

Javier - Ty very much for the picture you took they are greatly appreciated!

Roland - As well with the video's

Some of the things we take for granted is kindness!

TY both!

fraga
2011.03.09, 08:19 AM

Javier - Ty very much for the picture you took they are greatly appreciated!

Roland - As well with the video's

Some of the things we take for granted is kindness!

TY both!

I see you like the picture in the orange room and are already putting it to good use! I am really happy you guys like them and are using them :-)

SaiTam
2011.03.09, 10:12 AM

As some of us have witnessed, Stu doesn't even look at his car while driving! (He checks the TV's lap time readout and race order every lap)

JuniorWKR
2011.03.09, 10:24 AM
the funny thing is when hes in the backround of all the other pics then he looks at the camera... hahaa...

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31445&stc=1&d=1299689452

Slapstick10
2011.03.09, 11:12 AM
And marty to the left looks like a guy getting ready to be sneaky!:rolleyes:

Thank god Mark had you guys there or he might have gotten mugged!!!!!!LOLOLOLOLL

Fifty7
2011.03.09, 11:51 AM
And marty to the left looks like a guy getting ready to be sneaky!:rolleyes:

Thank god Mark had you guys there or he might have gotten mugged!!!!!!LOLOLOLOLL

I really do. lol But take a look at the short guy in the DKR shirt walking by. I believe this was right before your son "dusted" us :o

SaiTam
2011.03.09, 02:20 PM
Marty looks sour and Stu must have thought Javier was aiming at him. Great shot nevertheless.

ActionRC
2011.03.09, 03:58 PM
I like Tom in 63 and 64, Tom and Golddust in # 63, and Dominick in 74!

Absolutely great pics, Javier! Thank you so much!!! I'll have Jeff link to this on the website. These are awesome!

Can't wait to race tonight!!!

Fifty7
2011.03.09, 04:24 PM
Marty looks sour and Stu must have thought Javier was aiming at him. Great shot nevertheless.

If you were smelling what we were, you would look sour too:o

KA2AEV
2011.03.09, 05:18 PM
Can somebody caption these two photos?

http://javierfraga.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Action-RC-Mini-Speedway-1/Mini-Z-Action-232245/1210267971_e2CZA-M.jpg

http://javierfraga.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Action-RC-Mini-Speedway-1/Mini-Z-Action-232254/1210268433_kEism-M.jpg

I would put captions on these but Im sorry the moderators of this list would remove them!

SaiTam
2011.03.09, 07:59 PM
Team DKR reminds me of the movie "Usual Suspects"

http://javierfraga.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Action-RC-Mini-Speedway-1/Mini-Z-Action-160510/1210246871_HaeHQ-M.jpg

http://www.joblo.com/posters/images/full/1995-the-usual-suspects-poster9.jpg

minittrackmann
2011.03.21, 01:59 PM
http://javierfraga.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Action-RC-Mini-Speedway-1/16120194_bJReV#1210267264_eicuY-A-LB

Eugene looks like a straight serial killer. lol

EMU
2011.03.21, 09:16 PM
http://javierfraga.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Action-RC-Mini-Speedway-1/16120194_bJReV#1210267264_eicuY-A-LB

Eugene looks like a straight serial killer. lol

I guess that better than the alternative :rolleyes:

KA2AEV
2011.03.22, 05:56 AM
i guess that better than the alternative :rolleyes:

wow!!!! :d

ActionRC
2011.03.22, 03:34 PM
Cody has been gone for so long that he forgot what Eugene looks like! EMU isn't even in that picture! :D

J-Milz
2011.03.22, 03:54 PM
I thought Cody sold all his crap on eBay. You slummin on the mini z forum kid??

minittrackmann
2011.03.22, 07:01 PM
HAHAHA

yeah i got rid of all my ****. might come by and chill for a little sometime

ActionRC
2011.03.23, 03:11 PM
Why would you not keep at least one car? :mad: (Go to the regular thread.)