PDA

View Full Version : Will this Autoscale body fit on an MA-010?

wookieecrisp
2011.01.30, 09:45 AM
Hey everyone,
I'm interested in buying a MA-010 for drifting, and I'm wondering if the Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV Autoscale body (http://kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/body_detail.html?product_id=107227) will fit on the MA-010. Thanks! :)

mini-z
2011.01.30, 09:59 AM
Yep, you just need to make your MA-010 98mm or start with a DWS MA-010, since out of the box it's limited to 94mm otherwise. The Murcielago Body is great for 98mm AWD, and the LP670 is one of the absolute coolest Mini-Z bodies of all time IMO! :):cool:

wookieecrisp
2011.01.30, 10:05 AM
Yep, you just need to make your MA-010 98mm or start with a DWS MA-010, since out of the box it's limited to 94mm otherwise. The Murcielago Body is great for 98mm AWD, and the LP670 is one of the absolute coolest Mini-Z bodies of all time IMO! :):cool:

Thanks for the quick and informative reply! One more question: Would it be worth it to start with the DWS; would the DWS make a large difference in drifting performance? (I won't be racing this on any track surface, just drifting fun inside the house.)

mini-z
2011.01.30, 10:17 AM
The DWS is more about keeping the rear end planted, so if it's a dedicated drift car, just go with e.g. the PN Mini-Z MA-010 Alloy 98mm Adapter Set - Silver - do you have a car, or starting from the ground up? If you're just starting out, the best value right now is probably the Subaru Impreza WRC 2008 MA-010 Tx-Less; we just sold out of all of our Formula D Tx-Less cars, but FYI they come with Kyosho AWD drift tires (but you'll need wide anyway for your LP670 - I guess it's mostly relevant if you like any of the bodies that are available w/ the set). Let us know if you see anything and we don't have it, we're waiting for a number of things from Kyosho right now as they themselves are sold out of a lot of stuff, but we can hook you up with a pre-order discount in the meantime. :)