PDA

View Full Version : help with MH-C9000 charger and matching packs

bevo
2011.01.30, 01:54 PM
I'm trying to match some orion 900's.

I set the charger to cycle 3 times. I figured I could just take the average of the 3 cycles and use the mah to match my packs. Here are the readings for each battery. I ran the charge rate at 900 and the discharge at 1000. Another question is how should I charge the batteries the first time. should I cycle them a few times or use the break in feature. I've read some threads in here on charging, but I'm wanting to know how to do it, for this specific charger, because I really don't know what to do. I'm coming from 8th scale nitro to mini z, so it is completely different.

battery 1 cycles
1st 734
2nd 314
3rd 298

1st 754
2nd 285
3rd 730

1st 750
2nd 313
3rd 306

1st 698
2nd691
3rd 698

I have no idea which cycle to use to try and lable these batteries so that I can try and match them with my next 2 packs I cycle, or if this is even how I am suppose to be doing it.
I've read some tips on here, but none of them really mentioned the different readings for each cycle or why they would be so much different.

Any help would be great.

mdowney
2011.01.30, 03:09 PM
Man, I have the exact same question! I hope someone jumps on this with specifics.

mini-z
2011.01.30, 03:20 PM
Just to clarify, you want to match on capacity, correct, and you just mean "sort of" matching to optimize the cells you have, right - i.e. "real" matching would require hundreds/thousands of cells - and w/b far easier just to buy some R1Wurks Matched Team Orion 900mAh cells since they've already done all the work for you and on that thousand-cell level (i.e. these are the cream of the crop).

mdowney
2011.01.30, 03:21 PM
Ooh, didn't know about those!

mini-z
2011.01.30, 03:23 PM
Oh! I may have just saved you a few grand in cells and equipment! :D

bevo
2011.01.30, 03:41 PM
Just to clarify, you want to match on capacity, correct, and you just mean "sort of" matching to optimize the cells you have, right - i.e. "real" matching would require hundreds/thousands of cells - and w/b far easier just to buy some R1Wurks Matched Team Orion 900mAh cells since they've already done all the work for you and on that thousand-cell level (i.e. these are the cream of the crop).

I've got 3 packs of orions and I'm just trying to get the mah as close as I can. I noticed that one pack I ran last night ran really strong until they completely dumped. I hardly noticed any change in power until the car wouldn't even pull itself. The others slowly ran down and only had alot of power for a minute or two. I was guessing that the one set I ran was a little better matched then the others. To be honest though I know nothing about this.

I also would like to know how to break in a set when new before the first run of them. One pack that we ran got less then 5 minutes out of them on the first run. I cycled all of mine a few times before the first run and they seemed to get better and better after each charge.

So I guess what I'm asking is
Which cycle reading should I use, and why does the same battery have such different results on each cycle?

And how should I charge a brand new pack before I run them?