PDA

View Full Version : MZRC Series race 2

hrdrvr
2011.01.31, 06:50 AM
So, after the first race we are all going to be chasing SoCal :D MBMZR did okay, but I think we can step it up and challenge the front runners a little better this month! It's a short race month though, as we are all going to the race in MD at the end of the month.

Our race dates will be Feb 4th, and 18th. Tannie, Steven, if you are watching this, mark your calendars! Of course practice will be available upon request any time, and if we can squeeze in an extra night on the 11th, I am all for it!

So, the guys from ACT are talking about running a 2 hour enduro to run in the track, and get a ton of practice. Any one from MB interested in this type of run for the 4th? It could get us some awesome practice time, and really get the track worn in for some good fast runs on the 18th. Let me know what y'all think!

Here is a link to the round 1 thread, which has links to the hot lap and race results from last month.
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35664

Congrats and thank you to every who participated! Looking forward to seeing some hot laps pop up on the new layout soon :D

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Track%20room/2011-01-31_10-11-38_507.jpg

kromie101
2011.01.31, 06:28 PM
that looks fast:D

chad508
2011.01.31, 06:59 PM
went by today to get a few parts i had ordered and it is going to be fast. this should have ben the layout when everyone was running 80 turn. with us in 80s and everyone else in 70s they may just walk all over us.

JDavis
2011.01.31, 08:41 PM
That looks Mad FAST :D Cant wait to see the mod times on this layout!

hrdrvr
2011.02.01, 04:16 PM
^ James from rcKenon? If so, I hate to see what you do to us this month :eek: Chad said you had some problems and still threw down a nice run!

Welcome to the series, and MZR!! Stick around, I am sure there are going to be plenty of people wanting some set up details if you do so well again :D

Hit 4.723 with 80t.....think Chad got to 4.9xx, but was struggling a bit for balance. The track is green, and my car is loose in and tight out, so I think I'll be a bit lower in the end. I didn't feel real low on power even running practice cells against Chad's car. I am going to work in another 80t, and try out some older techniques to see how fast I can get it :D

kromie101
2011.02.01, 05:09 PM
i see the socal boys might hit the 3.9 mark with mod. probably do that with an 80t:eek::D.

chad508
2011.02.01, 06:12 PM
they should hit 3.9 in stock for sure. Like LT said i got down to 4.9 but the car felt slow and loose in the rear. my radio is on its way back from ko so hopefully i will get it in time for friday. i feel a lot of my problem is using another radio and not wanting to put much time into settings when mine will be back soon.
eric did you ever mess with the qteq tplate?

kromie101
2011.02.01, 07:12 PM
chad, not yet. i might try and do it thursday. what i wanna do is drive my car the way it is and then put the other setup on and compare the two. we will see friday:D.

moz
2011.02.01, 07:41 PM
track looks clean n ready to fly...good luck guys:D

hrdrvr
2011.02.01, 09:16 PM
I hit it with the vacuum when I laid it down the other day, and ran some laps on it tonight. It'll be good to for Friday, and hopefully prime on the 18th :D

chad508
2011.02.04, 09:49 PM
had a good night of running on the new layout. i couldnt get a clean run put together for 12 minutes but i did end up with fast lap in stock, i even out paced the 70 turns on the track. when we run again in 2 weeks we should be good to go.

hrdrvr
2011.02.04, 10:01 PM
How many laps did y'all do? Id like to update the blog tomorrow. What was your hot lap? Did Eric beat a 4.68?

chad508
2011.02.04, 10:07 PM
no for some reason he wasnt as fast once we started racing. i ended up with a 4.710. i was on pace for 143 but got hit in the side and my trishock spring came apart again and lost to many laps. when we run in 2 weeks we should be good to go, my car finally started to run better after swapping in the new brushes and giving them time to seat. im sure youll see me next week running some more laps now that my radio is back.

kromie101
2011.02.05, 07:14 AM
LT, can you run next friday since you did'nt stay for this one?

the last run we did,tannie did real good. he got better each time. i think he got down to a 5.2.

griff got down to a 4.9.

not sure why but it seemed like my car went slower later. i did clean up the motor again and got back down to a 4.7 and had a crash,a booble and then i let griff finish it out.

Daddy Rabbit
2011.02.05, 07:26 AM
Next friday the 12th is the only one I will be in town for.:(
It would be great if we could run that one also.:)

chad508
2011.02.05, 07:49 AM
im sure steven would come out beings he didnt make it last night. and maybe landon can stay as well. you know i will be there.

hrdrvr
2011.02.05, 09:22 AM
I'll see what I can do next week. I should be able to stay a couple of hours at least. I think the extra long day was hard on Sarah. She will be healthier next week. :D

My car is awesome with the new front end. I had to swap to radial rears to keep up, and still had more steering and better balance than I did before. Overall, more grip and control to put the car where I wanted to. I need to get some fresh tires mounted and see how it feels then :D The front end is butter smooth, but loc-tite is necessary!

LT's big race run-down :D
The start of our race was awesome! I ran up on Eric, he ran up on Chad, then Chad plugged it, but left us room to get by :D I don't know what happened to Chad, but he had some problem, and pulled off for a couple of laps. I don't remember how Eric gave me the lead either, but once I got it, I made a good run to stretch it out. When I came to lap Collin it was interesting with him running a 70t. I was gaining time on him in the chicane, but he was mad fast on the straight. My car was good and powerful at this point, so I was hanging pretty good, but even while making better runs on, he was pulling me at the end. I pressured him for a few laps in a row coming onto the straight. I was running a tighter line off of the hair pin, and getting inside. On the third or fourth time by, he bobbled coming onto the straight, and I had the inside and a slight lead coming onto the straight. He ran down the outside (gotta love 3 tile straights :rolleyes: ) and almost passed me back, but wasn't far enough ahead to close the door at turn 1. He went wide and followed me into the chicane. I made enough ground to hold him off on the straight, and next time through he made a little mistake and gave me some breathing room.

When I caught Eric it was equally exciting, but didn't go quite as well. On a couple of laps I made good runs and felt like I was inching close enough to challenge. He wasn't giving an inch at the end of the straight, and even told me so. When I was running a tighter line I wasn't close enough. When I was close enough, he was on the tight line. I felt like I had more car at this point (3-4 minutes in?), and tried to make a move exiting the chicane when I saw Eric a tad off line. I nosed it right into the corner, and lost a lot of time. I was still faster and despite a big mistake (9 second lap :( ) caught back up with about 4 to go. I tried the same dumb move, in the same spot in the chicane. This time Eric wasn't even off-line, and I didn't have the power to make it stick anyway.

I ended up just matching pace with his this time. I would shave a sec here and there, then he would get it back. We went back and forth with a 2-3 second gap, until I made a mistake and let him get within a second. I pushed and stretched it back to 2, then with about a minute to go, I lost major power! I had a little over 2 seconds over Eric, and he was gaining .2 a lap. I could see he was going to catch me, and trying to keep the tightest line possible I brushed the middle apex in the chicane, and almost came to a stop correcting. He was within a second, and would easily pass with any mistake. I heard the computer say "20 seconds", and felt like I still had a shot. A couple of laps later Eric came flying down the straight after one of my lame rides down it. He made up like a half straight, and followed me into the chicane. I knew I was in trouble and slowed at the exit of the chicane to make sure I was set up to defend through the hair pin and coming onto the straight. Eric made my mistake and tagged the exit corner! There was only one more ride around, so he could only close the gap back down to 1.1 seconds!

It was a majorly fun race for me! Just reliving it makes me want to go back right now! I am going to try my best to make it next week guys.

hrdrvr
2011.02.06, 10:59 AM
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/MZRC/2011-02-04_18-12-24_598.jpg

Wish I had video. The 80ts are proving to make some interesting racing on track. It is so cool how clean every one is running, and overtaking is quite the challenge.

kromie101
2011.02.06, 01:56 PM
collin needs to get his game back:D.

wish we could have been just a little closer:D

hrdrvr
2011.02.06, 03:29 PM
If you wouldn't have hit that wall on the next to last lap, it surely would have been closer ;) It would have been an interesting last lap too! :D I think it's awesome that in the last two runs, you and I have finished so close.

I am going to work on the silver brush motor when I can. I think my car could handle a little more juice....if I can find it :D

kromie101
2011.02.06, 03:44 PM
yeah you and chad running silver brushes and i'm on stock ones:mad::D. i gotta try the silver out. please save me some,i forgot to get them. CT said he was waiting for some more to come in. i need everything i can get with this crew:D.

hrdrvr
2011.02.06, 03:49 PM
I didn't run that motor. It smoked really bad, and had a tons of drag. I think one of the brushes is too tight (just snapped them on). I ran the regular one in the race. Im gonna work the silver one over again, and adjust the brushes.

kromie101
2011.02.06, 03:56 PM
when u gonna try and put up some hotlaps up? i'm working my batts over right now:D.

hrdrvr
2011.02.06, 04:07 PM
I'm gonna put the stock ones up after I get back in front of y'all :D

J/K I just did it. I don't remember the mod times, so I hope y'all wrote them down. I didn't get the first lap in. My mod and hatch cars are both terribly tweaked and I didn't want to mess with them, since we were only racing 80t cars :D

kromie101
2011.02.06, 04:25 PM
my mod was a 4.236. i think you wrote it down.

hrdrvr
2011.02.06, 06:53 PM
Ill update the written ones on monday. :)

Kerk
2011.02.06, 07:16 PM
Man, that's a some pretty intense racing!!:)
I'll see what I can do next week. I should be able to stay a couple of hours at least. I think the extra long day was hard on Sarah. She will be healthier next week. :D

My car is awesome with the new front end. I had to swap to radial rears to keep up, and still had more steering and better balance than I did before. Overall, more grip and control to put the car where I wanted to. I need to get some fresh tires mounted and see how it feels then :D The front end is butter smooth, but loc-tite is necessary!

LT's big race run-down :D
The start of our race was awesome! I ran up on Eric, he ran up on Chad, then Chad plugged it, but left us room to get by :D I don't know what happened to Chad, but he had some problem, and pulled off for a couple of laps. I don't remember how Eric gave me the lead either, but once I got it, I made a good run to stretch it out. When I came to lap Collin it was interesting with him running a 70t. I was gaining time on him in the chicane, but he was mad fast on the straight. My car was good and powerful at this point, so I was hanging pretty good, but even while making better runs on, he was pulling me at the end. I pressured him for a few laps in a row coming onto the straight. I was running a tighter line off of the hair pin, and getting inside. On the third or fourth time by, he bobbled coming onto the straight, and I had the inside and a slight lead coming onto the straight. He ran down the outside (gotta love 3 tile straights :rolleyes: ) and almost passed me back, but wasn't far enough ahead to close the door at turn 1. He went wide and followed me into the chicane. I made enough ground to hold him off on the straight, and next time through he made a little mistake and gave me some breathing room.

When I caught Eric it was equally exciting, but didn't go quite as well. On a couple of laps I made good runs and felt like I was inching close enough to challenge. He wasn't giving an inch at the end of the straight, and even told me so. When I was running a tighter line I wasn't close enough. When I was close enough, he was on the tight line. I felt like I had more car at this point (3-4 minutes in?), and tried to make a move exiting the chicane when I saw Eric a tad off line. I nosed it right into the corner, and lost a lot of time. I was still faster and despite a big mistake (9 second lap :( ) caught back up with about 4 to go. I tried the same dumb move, in the same spot in the chicane. This time Eric wasn't even off-line, and I didn't have the power to make it stick anyway.

I ended up just matching pace with his this time. I would shave a sec here and there, then he would get it back. We went back and forth with a 2-3 second gap, until I made a mistake and let him get within a second. I pushed and stretched it back to 2, then with about a minute to go, I lost major power! I had a little over 2 seconds over Eric, and he was gaining .2 a lap. I could see he was going to catch me, and trying to keep the tightest line possible I brushed the middle apex in the chicane, and almost came to a stop correcting. He was within a second, and would easily pass with any mistake. I heard the computer say "20 seconds", and felt like I still had a shot. A couple of laps later Eric came flying down the straight after one of my lame rides down it. He made up like a half straight, and followed me into the chicane. I knew I was in trouble and slowed at the exit of the chicane to make sure I was set up to defend through the hair pin and coming onto the straight. Eric made my mistake and tagged the exit corner! There was only one more ride around, so he could only close the gap back down to 1.1 seconds!

It was a majorly fun race for me! Just reliving it makes me want to go back right now! I am going to try my best to make it next week guys.

kromie101
2011.02.07, 05:07 PM
kerk, i usually blink alot and i could'nt, in that race:D.

kromie101
2011.02.10, 03:58 PM
anybody else run mod? i wanna see what everybody else does.

hrdrvr
2011.02.10, 04:20 PM
Be careful what you wish for. You know Grant is gonna be on the track later in the month :D

Did you see that ACT updated with some 80t times? We are standing pretty good, but they are going to get a lot faster. They are running a 2 hour enduro this weekend to run in the track, and get some serious practice :D Also, I noticed Alvin set his lap with his RX7, which is 90mm. I don't know if he will go back to the 430 for raceday :D

My silver brushed motor felt good the other day. I don't know if it is a big difference, but any difference is significant as tight as this field of racers is :D

kromie101
2011.02.10, 05:42 PM
just wanna let ya know we won't be there next friday. i gotta work the whole weekend. so we gotta do some clean running tomorrow:D.

chad508
2011.02.10, 06:23 PM
im planning on being there tomorrow but the flu is trying to whip me. if i do make it i will not be 100% as all i have done is sleep for 4 days.

kromie101
2011.02.11, 07:57 PM
as soon as you guys leave is when my car got faster. i got down to a 4.538. i know you did a 4.522. i guess my brushes broke in a little better and i used my good batts. i thought it looked as fast as yours. yours was strong, good run.

we had fun after you left me tannie and the boys were dicing it up:D. i let tannie man run some of our batts and i think he is ready to buy new ones:D.

collin hotlaped like crazy with his 70t and on his last pack i said let me do a few laps. did 2 laps and turned the steering trav up to 80ish and within a few laps i did a 4.5 something. he got mad and said gimme my radio back. then he went out and did get down to a 4.5 :D. he was happy,i think i heard him say i wanna come up on wednesday:D. i need to spend time and tune his car better:). he just needed a kick in the butt:cool:.

kromie101
2011.02.11, 08:00 PM
maybe you guys will talk to me now that i've hit the 140 mark:p:D.

hrdrvr
2011.02.11, 09:00 PM
maybe you guys will talk to me now that i've hit the 140 mark:p:D.
Lol, I'll talk to you now. :) you had a good run. My car was just powerful. My batteries were good. I discharged on teusday, and timed the charges today so I was pulling them off within 5-10 minutes going out. I hit the first one near perfect, but had the timing off a bit on the second pack. They werent as punchy, but they were still kicking 12 minutes in! I think I had three big mistakes, and quite a few bobbles. Collin and I were well matched on speed and he was runnin some good lines. He was holdig me up a bit sometimes, but then other times I had to push hard to keep up. A couple times when he let me by, I was holding him up because he was faster than me in some spots. I was running off line here and there trying to push for a gap which ended up holding both of us back some. Im pretty sure he had a better run on the first one, when he and I didn't get together as much, lol.

Chad, I know its frustrating when you don't feel good, and things aren't going well. Your car looked pretty good, when it was running. I still think you improved from last week. :)

I'll get the full results posted monday. I'll get the hotlaps I remember and the posted ones updated tomorrow.

chad508
2011.02.12, 06:08 PM
it was some good racing. Landon your car was on fire. not only was i not 100% but my car was just slow and my shocks coming apart again didnt help. i did get that fixed to day by the way. only other thing i did was to remove to 80 and put in the rr 70 turn. i need to get ready for MD if i plan to have a good showing. so i guess my run on this layout is over for stock but i do plan to try and get in some hot laps in mod.

yasuji
2011.02.12, 07:58 PM
i will be setting up this months layout on wednesday befor i leave for the tekin nationals!:D

kromie101
2011.02.12, 08:18 PM
the boys could'nt believe that i was running a 80t. i was running collin down hard when we were just practicing. i wish i could get one more 12 min run:D. wanna do one tomorrow? i can bring the boys down and all we need is you or chad:).

hrdrvr
2011.02.12, 08:43 PM
Grant, I wanna see y'all hit the 5s!!

Eric, how early can you make it down? :)

kromie101
2011.02.12, 08:48 PM
you guys are flying with the 80t:). gotta be those batts. i ran the atomic batts right out of the pack,they were quick but i bet they will get better in time.

i think collin got a 4.583 for his mod time. we put it up on the board. griff got a 4.8 something,it should be on the board also.

yasuji
2011.02.12, 09:30 PM
Grant, I wanna see y'all hit the 5s!!

the 5s?.... we will be trying to get in to the 3s!:D

yasuji
2011.02.12, 09:33 PM
BTW... chad nelsons 80t it fast!.. the more it is run in the faster it gets...`
it is as fast or faster than most of my guys 70 t motors....:eek:

kromie101
2011.02.13, 07:54 AM
LT,i'm off monday. maybe me you your dad and billy can get on the track:D. i got to much stuff to do today:(.

hrdrvr
2011.02.13, 08:11 AM
Grant, I meant 3s! Lol. That's just our luck that Chad ends up with a super fast motor!

Daddy Rabbit
2011.02.13, 09:59 AM
If we can get Chad over early, we could get some runs in between 4:00 and 6:00. I wish Billy would race again.

kromie101
2011.02.13, 01:10 PM
i might come down. i don't wanna come down unless we have 4. let me know:).

chad508
2011.02.13, 01:35 PM
i should be able to make it between 4-6.

kromie101
2011.02.13, 08:41 PM
andy, do you mind if i come early tomorrow for a few hours. i'm gonna have to pass for the afternoon. it is my anniversary ,so i guess i should be here with her:rolleyes:;):D. i gotta come that way in the morning so i was gonna come and run a few.

LT, do you have diff rings in the shop? what about the big bearing for the spur? i need to get a couple of diff shafts also.

kromie101
2011.02.14, 12:55 PM
i'm in such a better mood now:D. i wish the run could count but thats the way it goes. i just wanted to prove it to my self i could do it:). make sure you take a pic and post it on facebook:p:D. i'm taking that car apart now for up in MD:(. maybe i should try it out first. talk to ya soon:)

kromie101
2011.02.15, 08:55 PM
when are we gonna try carpet:D:D.

hrdrvr
2011.02.16, 07:11 AM
Haha, between the MZRC layouts, the elevations (which you know I am craving!), and travelling races, when do we have time!!??! :D

kromie101
2011.03.01, 07:27 PM
i would been 3rd if my 149 Lap run would have counted:(:).