PDA

View Full Version : Version 0.54 of Flip Side Racing software available

pinwc4
2011.01.31, 03:47 PM
Version 0.54 of Flip Side Racing software is now available for download from Flip Side Racing (http://www.flipsideracing.org/projects/fslapcounter/)

This release is a relatively minor update with a few bug fixes and enhancements.

New Features

Added button for sending email reports manually

Enhancements

Sped up the application closing
Changed the UID field on the Edit Racers screen to be a drop down so that people can switch transponder IDs quickly
Updated documentation
Added an option on the General Config. screen to Vacuum the database which can help with the speed of the database
The * Character is now allowed in the name field
Reports generated by new installs will now bold the time for the best lap in the lap time table

Bug Fixes

Added missing help tags to newer controls
Fixed bug preventing using multiple admin email addresses

briankstan
2011.01.31, 04:22 PM
geat, I'll download it and do some testing :)

Racer-HH
2011.02.03, 03:11 PM
Downloaded and got few first impressions:

- vacuuming seems to work fine, shutdown of FS is now really fast compared to before though the file size did not really change
- while vauuming, a gray box appears - maybe some text or graphic can be implemented there?
- in the edit/make/delete of the makes and models somehow the "edit" is gone; for me it is no problem as my list is now up to date, but maybe for others this recently introduced feature is still of use?!

Good work!

pinwc4
2011.02.03, 03:27 PM
Downloaded and got few first impressions:

- vacuuming seems to work fine, shutdown of FS is now really fast compared to before though the file size did not really change
- while vauuming, a gray box appears - maybe some text or graphic can be implemented there?
- in the edit/make/delete of the makes and models somehow the "edit" is gone; for me it is no problem as my list is now up to date, but maybe for others this recently introduced feature is still of use?!

Good work!

Thanks for the feedback.

The vacuuming did not change the file size for you in this case as the prior version of the program was performing that operation each time the application closed. It does not need to run anywhere near that often, really it is more important to use if a lot of data has been deleted, or a little bit of data periodically over a long time. It is kind of a defrag for the database.

For vacuuming the gray box was supposed to say Optimizing while it is up. I just checked and it does for me, I will have to figure out why it does not for you. Do the other message windows have the same problem. For example when you click Save for a racers info do you see a little message box that says Saved or is it blank as well?

I am not sure what you mean on the edit make/models window. It's functionality has been only to insert or delete at the moment. It has not had a true edit yet, that is something I need to add.

Thanks

Racer-HH
2011.02.04, 02:01 AM
I will have to test the gray boxes issue with your exampel and will come back to you.

For the edit: you got me there, edit is (and was) still missing. You added the delete and insert of model / make upon my request in release 0.52. Thanks again for that.

Racer-HH
2011.02.04, 05:54 AM
Well, after double checking here is the result: vacuum - grey box, nothing else; saving - gray box + "Saved" written in it.

pinwc4
2011.02.04, 01:37 PM
Well, after double checking here is the result: vacuum - grey box, nothing else; saving - gray box + "Saved" written in it.

I was able to duplicate this on Windows 7 VM. It is a strange bug but I got it fixed in the source code now so the next version will actually show the text. Thanks for reporting this.

mini-z
2011.02.05, 09:40 AM
J, can you shoot me an email, I want to discuss integrating FS into what we're building for HFAY... :)

pinwc4
2011.02.05, 11:10 AM
J, can you shoot me an email, I want to discuss integrating FS into what we're building for HFAY... :)

Sounds good, email sent.

Racer-HH
2011.02.05, 01:11 PM
Maybe another item from my wishlist for the upcoming release(s).

It would be great to be able to remove selected racers from the race screen in freeplay due to invalid times. I know Robitronic has this feature and I am really missing it in FS.

Any chance to include it?

pinwc4
2011.02.05, 02:36 PM
Maybe another item from my wishlist for the upcoming release(s).

It would be great to be able to remove selected racers from the race screen in freeplay due to invalid times. I know Robitronic has this feature and I am really missing it in FS.

Any chance to include it?

Right now the way it works is racers are automatically removed from freeplay if they have not gotten a lap within the timeout period. You should not have to do anything to remove them as long as you do not have the timeout set to some really high value.

Racer-HH
2011.02.07, 02:40 AM
This could help at other locations, but not ours. Timeout is set to max for an all evening ranking + the drivers who happen to have a bad time are not willing to wait for their name to disappear in the leaderbord before racing again. So a manual removal of a selected racer without resetting the others still would be a great addition.

pinwc4
2011.02.08, 10:32 AM
This could help at other locations, but not ours. Timeout is set to max for an all evening ranking + the drivers who happen to have a bad time are not willing to wait for their name to disappear in the leaderbord before racing again. So a manual removal of a selected racer without resetting the others still would be a great addition.

I have been giving this some thought and while I prefer to come up with good solutions I have been at a loss for a good approach that is not a lot of work to implement.

Instead I think I will go with an cheesy easy solution. I can make it so that if you double click the racers picture it will delete them. This will not prompt you to confirm, it will just remove them instantly. This will also only work in free play mode.

Would that work for you?

Racer-HH
2011.02.09, 03:30 AM
To implement it into free play is sufficient for our needs. And: a cheesy easy solution should be enough for this case. :D

pinwc4
2011.02.21, 10:17 AM
To implement it into free play is sufficient for our needs. And: a cheesy easy solution should be enough for this case. :D

I sent you a PM with info on how to download the latest Flip Side Software that now has this feature. You can test it out if you would like.

Racer-HH
2011.02.28, 04:46 PM
Well, test went fine, but as you have 0.56 out already, you must have been sure about that before. :D ;)