PDA

View Full Version : Which mini?

Ides51
2011.02.01, 12:24 AM
hi, i want to get a mini z. just for messing around on my low pile basement carpet with basic tracks. don't plan on racing. i wanted to get used to save dough. should i get a MR-03, MR-02 or the awd? is there anything i should look for? thanks

herman
2011.02.01, 12:50 AM
welcome to the forums...

it all depends on what you want...

you could get a used am mr02/mr015... as they are cheaper... but i just don't know how they would behave in the basement due to am interference... outside and indoors (like a gym or basketball court) has fairly good reception though...

awd costs a bit more... and will cost even more if you decide to add some hop up options...

although it costs more, you could go for an mr03 2.4ghz asf... you will be able to fit all the kyosho autoscale bodies on it (with the proper motor mount) and i don't think you will have too much problems running it in the basement...

if there's a track/shop near you, i would suggest for you to try each out... to see what appeals to you most...

good luck and hope this helps... :D

Ides51
2011.02.01, 12:54 AM
i want the best/quickest/ most precise handling possible, like a pan car. i was thinking the mr-03, that sound right?

herman
2011.02.17, 05:07 AM
actually the mr03 is the latest offering of kyosho and has better steering response due to the coreless servo motor... there are lots who still believe in the mr02 asf as well...

try both out to see which is better / quicker for your driving style... hope this helps... :D