PDA

View Full Version : 64 pitch = wow

standupnfall
2011.02.01, 03:30 PM
Just put the new light weight pn 64 pitch carbon diff on my mr03 and the car is so much faster, smoother and noticeably quieter.

I was using a ball diff before (unknown blue diff) and didn't think this upgrade would be so dramatic

color01
2011.02.01, 08:36 PM
Combination of new parts + smaller pitch (more efficient) + MUCH lighter weight. Feels good man. ;)

Deca
2011.02.09, 03:09 PM
I was just swinging by to see opinions on this diff vs Kyosho ball diff...looks like I have my answer :)

How is it with holding settings? Just looking at the adjustment knob doesn't inspire a ton of confidence.

Traveler
2011.02.09, 03:28 PM
The PN adjusting nut is delrin and fits snugly. I haven't had a problem with it moving at all, even on my mod car.

chad508
2011.02.09, 03:31 PM
only problem i have with the pn diff is the plates they use. they are way to soft. normally i run the stock plates until the diff needs a rebuild then i replace them with kyosho plates.

Deca
2011.02.09, 04:00 PM
Good to hear, may be picking one up this weekend then :)

skyler
2011.02.09, 04:07 PM
I was just swinging by to see opinions on this diff vs Kyosho ball diff...looks like I have my answer :)

How is it with holding settings? Just looking at the adjustment knob doesn't inspire a ton of confidence.
On the ones i have the delrin nut holds better than any alum nut i have seen. When this diff came out, the description said that the delrin nut was harder to lose. I guess that meant it fit more snugly by design.

Traveler
2011.02.09, 04:07 PM
Don't think you'll be disappointed ;)

standupnfall
2011.02.09, 04:08 PM
I haven't adjusted it after the initial dialing in of the setting. I've been through about 8 to 10 sets of batteries through it and my pn70t

I will post some pics of it and the diff I replaced.
I used the old baal did to upgrade my sons mr02 from gear to ball.

mdowney
2011.02.09, 04:56 PM
I've found that the adjustment nut is a bit soft when adjusting it. I stick the wrench in the hole (heh) and turn the left wheel to tighten/loosten and the hole seems to stretch out (heh) making it harder to adjust in the future. The nut does hold pretty well though.

Deca
2011.02.14, 02:34 PM
Picked one of these up at the race this weekend. I had a hard time feeling a huge difference due to the fact we were running an HFAY layout and I was dealing with understeer after having to replace my front tires (which worked AMAZINGLY on my set up but are no longer produced :mad:)

It definitely did seem to be exiting corners much more efficiently/strongly. Actually made me have to adjust my throttle application on exit somewhat.

One thing I definitely noticed was that my car, which had previously been the quietest at our club, actually seemed to get even quieter :P

mini-z
2011.02.14, 03:24 PM
only problem i have with the pn diff is the plates they use. they are way to soft. normally i run the stock plates until the diff needs a rebuild then i replace them with kyosho plates.

Chad, is that with the PN V3 Pressure Plate or the V2? :)