PDA

View Full Version : What to get first?

Ides51
2011.02.01, 07:03 PM
hi, just got into the hobby, got a new mr-02 off ebay. what should be my 1st mods? i'm not going to be racing, just going to run it around in my living room. i'm thinking tires, bearings and a ball diff. thanks

dvsstrike
2011.02.06, 04:33 PM
if no racing. just get tires. do not waste money in it if you are not going to race. IF you have plenty go wild.

landzk7tza
2011.02.12, 07:09 AM
Exactly like said dvsstrike. I'm not racing too, but I get tires. I think is good idea.

reaper
2011.02.12, 07:28 AM
if you room is carpeted you may struggle to run on it depending how deep a pile it is

on mine i got a roll of felt as used on pool tables and use this to run on :)

Ides51
2011.02.18, 01:25 AM
lol i thought about that before i bought it. it's a very low pile, works great for the car. got a set of 10* radials. prob will do the bearings and diff. ty!

delrosa81
2011.06.17, 04:40 AM
hi, just got into the hobby, got a new mr-02 off ebay. what should be my 1st mods? i'm not going to be racing, just going to run it around in my living room. i'm thinking tires, bearings and a ball diff. thanks

Hi I just got into the hobby too, with the recommendation of the local guys at the Mini Z track and shop, I was advised the following in terms of steps:-

1) A good set of tyres
2) Motor Mount with T Bone and a Top Damper Set
3) Ball Differential
4) Improve the front suspension.

The other experienced guys might want to add on other stuff.

To add on, Im in this hobby not for going Professional as in taking part in official races. Im just in for the fun. As for budget, it depends on how deep your pockets are. Honestly, Im in the hobby for the fun of modding and noticing the improvements. My skills are very amateur and have lotsa room for improvement. Most importantly to me, Im having lotsa fun. The guys at the local tracks are lotsa fun. Cheers

herman
2011.06.21, 04:17 AM
tires...
bearings...
carbon fiber suspension plate (in case stock plastic one breaks)...

hope this helps... :D