PDA

View Full Version : New T-shirt Design

Sinister_Y
2011.02.08, 10:05 PM
Well, it's been many years since we printed some t-shirts, so I decided to finally print some new ones. With that said, I wanted something new and something old. So find attached a mockup of my new T-shirt idea.

For those of you who saw Arch2B's post about the Kyosho t-shirts he wanted, I had the idea of using chassis line art long before...but I'm sure some will think I'm a copy-cat, but whatever as they say...

Thoughts?

These will be a double-sided, 2 colour print job.

Kevin S.
2011.02.09, 10:30 AM
Well, it's been many years since we printed some t-shirts, so I decided to finally print some new ones. With that said, I wanted something new and something old. So find attached a mockup of my new T-shirt idea.

For those of you who saw Arch2B's post about the Kyosho t-shirts he wanted, I had the idea of using chassis line art long before...but I'm sure some will think I'm a copy-cat, but whatever as they say...

Thoughts?

These will be a double-sided, 2 colour print job.

Very Cool Sinster...I like them a lot.

arch2b
2011.02.09, 01:16 PM
i love the line art usage! always have, always will. it doesn't bother me whom uses it, just good to see a nice shirt done! especially since we have not gotten the kyosho shirt.

good job. do you take commissions for designing others? in your experience, what are the most economic parameters to design around?

thanks,
raymond

mini-z
2011.02.09, 01:53 PM
I like it S - plus I need to archive my 2006 one already! :D For some reason I want the chassis to be silver...?!

Sinister_Y
2011.02.09, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the comments guys.

Arch2b- too busy right now to consider going projects for others, however I'd be happy to pass on some illustrator files if someone needs them (non-MC3 logos of course). With my full time day job, MC3 as a side business and another side business selling wellness products, and spending time with my little dude (he's now 18 months old, who loves r/c racing BTW) is pretty much all the time I can afford. I only get to do these graphic things on the side late at night when everyone else goes to sleep.

As far as doing things on an economic scale, you'd probably have to do a run of around 30 to make any profits. Setup costs alone are $20 per screen (you have to do 1 screen for each colour and side). Cheapest is to do one colour and just the front or back. For those PN regional 2006 shirts, cost was like around $30 since it was 4 colour and have prints on front, back and both arms. For me, I just do them cause I like a MC3 uniform to wear at the track which others can enjoy. So, I'll sell them out at cost when I get them done.

D- yah, I still wear my 2006 sometimes at the track. It's a little beat up but no holes and 98% of the ink is still in good shape. I will give my old ones to my sister who makes quilts; she make a great t-shirt quilt. I'll put all my R/C shirts together and make one kick-ass R/C t-shirt quilt to put on the bed. (if my wife allows it ; )

Regarding silver- cool but not really sure how to implement- maybe silver like the McLaren F1 cars. I picked a darker grey as I didn't want it to be the immediate focus of attention.

Please keep the comments coming as I haven't finalized the artwork yet.

Sinister_Y
2011.10.14, 07:11 AM
T-shirts should be ready in the next couple of weeks (finally!).

Price should be around $20 (note that this is cost) as these are promotional items. I'll upload pics of the real thing once done.

Note there are limited supplies however a variety of sizes are available.

arch2b
2011.10.14, 07:42 AM
can you email me about how to buy them from U.S.? i'd be proud to show my support with a purchase.

bennymylee
2011.10.17, 10:27 PM
I like it..

kyoshosan
2011.10.18, 10:51 AM
Hi Shawn

don't forget your friend here in Ottawa. Reserve me a XXL, ok ? I hope i can go down to Toronto soon to race w/ you guys :-)

Cheers!

Slubben
2011.10.18, 10:55 AM
I'm not even Canadian and I'd like one. Nice job!

Sinister_Y
2011.10.19, 09:54 AM
thanks for the nice comments.

Raymond, I'll email you when the shirts are done.

Sinister_Y
2011.12.10, 05:09 PM
Pls go to our website and select the go shopping link. The shirts are under Tools category right now until a new category can be added.

You'll need to create an ID to shop.

Also will be getting green and red versions shortly.

BlackBerry
2011.12.29, 05:10 PM
No love for the XS guys :(?