PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Z Dojo 2011 Dojo Jobs

mini-z
2011.02.13, 11:19 AM
In the past we've had assigned "Dojo Jobs" to help things run more smoothly since I can't do absolutely everything myself; some of these became less relevant with the move to our newest location, but I think we need to resurrect a few in order to maximize everyone's overall enjoyment and sanity:

Asst. Race Director: this role consists of reminding people that their heats are coming up/that they need to make sure their batteries are charged/that everyone else in their main is waiting for them on the track etc. while the Race Director concentrates on running the computer.

Food Orderer: this role consists of finding out who plans on eating with us, obtaining a consensus on cuisine, and taking orders from those who are participating in dinner.

Food Picker-Upper: this role consists of gathering funds from dinner participants and going and picking up the food order once placed.

Not that I expect people to be fighting over these exciting roles, but in the event of multiple parties being interested in the same role, preference will be based on Dojo Member seniority/tenure. :)

mini-z
2011.02.13, 02:14 PM
An exciting new "opportunity" has opened up: would one of you CAD/CNC types like to build the Dojo a new GiroZ bridge? The wooden one is flawed in that it has no channel for the receivers to sit in thus as we saw last night w/ the tight HFAY tracks it's possible to pick up signals from adjacent lanes - I'm sure one of our CAD geniuses could come up w/ something really cool for this?! :)

Hippo
2011.02.13, 10:38 PM
I'm sure I can come up with something. I'll need dimensions for both the bridge and the mounting area for the pickups.

Dan

I was going to do it last time, but Jason managed to create the work of art we're using now before I had the chance.

rensuchan
2011.02.14, 10:11 AM
I can pick up food.

YoYo-Pete
2011.02.14, 03:24 PM
I'm down to help with food. I dont mind picking it up or trying to get folks to order from somewhere. (I like food)

rensuchan
2011.02.14, 03:51 PM
You can be my backup Pete, I don't always order food and obviously I'm not going to want to pick it up if I'm not eating =P

mini-z
2011.02.14, 04:06 PM
I'm sure I can come up with something. I'll need dimensions for both the bridge and the mounting area for the pickups.

Dan

I was going to do it last time, but Jason managed to create the work of art we're using now before I had the chance.

Thanks D - want to just take the current "sculpture" and a couple of tiles w/ you next time? :) I was thinking we could do clear for the legs as long as the "channel" w/ the receivers in was opaque (BT confirmed this theory)? :)

mini-z
2011.02.14, 04:08 PM
You can be my backup Pete, I don't always order food and obviously I'm not going to want to pick it up if I'm not eating =P

Thanks food doods. Maybe you can alternate between Orderer and Picker-Upper roles? :)

YoYo-Pete
2011.02.14, 05:28 PM
Between the two of us, we can make sure both things happen.

"Dojo Provision Forage Action Force" is now in full effect. (Dont forget to post that on the Dojo Club List)

I had this crazy idea. If we all get the track together, got food, and had our orders in... maybe... just maybe.... David could play with his car and practice and race with us. ;)

monkeyZ
2011.02.14, 08:59 PM
the "channel" w/ the receivers in was opaque (BT confirmed this theory)? :)

yeah, just need to get the receivers up in a sort of upside down tub so that the errant IR from passing cars doesn't get detected. I would look at the original one that GiroZ made and use that as a model. I think it's a few inches of tub tall.

BT

mini-z
2011.02.17, 09:55 PM
Between the two of us, we can make sure both things happen.

"Dojo Provision Forage Action Force" is now in full effect. (Dont forget to post that on the Dojo Club List)

I had this crazy idea. If we all get the track together, got food, and had our orders in... maybe... just maybe.... David could play with his car and practice and race with us. ;)

Awww, you guys are the best! Go DoPFAF! :):):)

mini-z
2011.02.17, 09:55 PM
yeah, just need to get the receivers up in a sort of upside down tub so that the errant IR from passing cars doesn't get detected. I would look at the original one that GiroZ made and use that as a model. I think it's a few inches of tub tall.

BT

Coo; I think the parts are in the weird upstairs area, please remind me to look for them tomorrow. :)

monkeyZ
2011.02.21, 05:13 PM
Coo; I think the parts are in the weird upstairs area, please remind me to look for them tomorrow. :)

They are next to the stock print outs and the cooler full of salmon.... I was wondering what was smelly up there...

mini-z
2011.02.23, 01:59 PM
Ha, no, I didn't mean on top of AutoScale Village w/ the RCP Tiles - I meant the room on the way up to roof access ...

Btw, monkeyZ has been deputized as Calendar Boy meaning the person who pushes us (mostly me) to get our race dates figured out as far in advance as poss... :)