PDA

View Full Version : hobby town usa, mooresville, nc

miamimcnutt
2011.02.19, 06:46 PM
its pretty sweet ran all day to day thanks wade

cosmicsoul
2011.02.19, 09:15 PM
Hey what about me and my crew we helped too!

miamimcnutt
2011.02.20, 07:50 AM
i meant thanks to wade for leting me ride with him,but thanks to EVERY1 that helped. cant wait till we can race there it was alot of fun.cant wait to race period see u guys thursday

standupnfall
2011.02.20, 09:34 AM
Any pics of the track? Or videos?

miamimcnutt
2011.02.20, 09:38 AM
marwan took some maybe he will post them

kwsmith29
2011.02.20, 11:52 AM
Pictures on this post..

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35766&page=3

Wade

DJ Rattray
2011.02.22, 08:04 AM
track looks sweet what day are they gonna race em? how much? and whats the address?

pedrocamp
2011.02.22, 08:14 AM
We are racing this Saturday, doors open at 10, stock GT and LM mod. Racing starts at about 1:00 (TBD). There will be a weekday race night as well, probably Tuesdays.

Traveler
2011.02.22, 08:25 AM
Will Mike or one of the other moderators please move this thread under HT Mooresville? Doesn't belong under HSH. Thanks!

cosmicsoul
2011.02.22, 10:20 AM
Just wondering what we are going to do about a timing system? Can we use Hobby Towns transponders? Just a thought, if this is a possibility people should start putting together some type of J-plug adapters so they will be ready. I think if we zipp tie to pigtails on the transponder we can temporarily shorten them and simply remove the zipp ties when we are finished.

Does anyone know how to run the I-laps software? Who is going to run the race? Do we have any more sensors for our section of the bridge. We need at least 2 sensors to cover 2 tiles (according to the I-laps guy I spoke to yesterday). Maybe the existing sensors can be reconfigured. According to rclaps.com each sensor covers 14.5 inches, we may have enough sensors on the bridge already to cover the span of the area covered by the bridge.

According to Marwan and a picture he took of the current track layout, the bridge currently is covering both tracks at a location that appears to be good for tracks. If we can get the sensor situation, situated this will eliminate having to have mutiple bridges to connect and reconnect to the module. I think this will really make it possible for both tracks to share the sytem, Although both tracks can probably practice and time simultaniously we will not be able to race at the same time. This should be a non issue because I think our racedays will be on different days anyways.

I am really excited to see the I-laps system at work!

Marwan I agree this thread should be on HT Mooresville, however until it gets going maybe we could post at both HS and HTM untill things catch on.

pedrocamp
2011.02.22, 11:54 AM
Doors open at 10:00. I am going to take a crash course on the software Saturday AM (I will be there at 9:00), Mark said he can help us till 12PM then he's gotta go next door to sell Traxxas trucks and Eflite helicopters! We can take over the timing system Saturday and yes you will need a Futaba J type connector for the transponders which fit easily under the Z body work.

We will try to start racing about 1:00PM, Stock GT and LM Mod, High Speed rules for the regulars and just run what you brung for the new guys, we will sort you into appropriate heats. Xmods, Iwavers, Tyco and the like are welcome as long as they are 1/24 - 1/28 scale. We would also do a dNaNo heat if enough of 'em show up... some "big" track running for the little guys! With an XSpeed and a Lipo they can keep up with the Zs!

cosmicsoul
2011.02.22, 12:25 PM
In my conversation with the I-lap guy I think he said they are actuall developing a transponder that will fit the Dnano. They may already have them not sure but that would be cool.

Dnano's are way cool on a big track. If I had mine together I would bring em for kicks. I have my hands full with keeping up with my own cars and Lincoln' s car.

Anyway sounds like you have things under control Pedro. Lincoln has a ball game on Saturday so if we can make it we will be a little late.

nitrojunkie
2011.02.22, 04:20 PM
Man this 1:00 PM time is freakin awsome I can race pretty much every Saturday now.WOOO HOOO!!!!!

pedrocamp
2011.02.22, 09:00 PM
See you there Nitro!

DJ Rattray
2011.02.23, 03:39 PM
how much is it gonna cost to race?

DJ Rattray
2011.02.23, 03:40 PM
how much to race?

Traveler
2011.02.23, 03:43 PM
Right now the price is $10 per day.

DJ Rattray
2011.02.23, 04:09 PM
wow... but we get transponders to use?

Traveler
2011.02.23, 04:17 PM
Not sure how that will work. I say go over there on Saturday and find out.

pedrocamp
2011.02.25, 09:42 AM
Looking forward to a bit of fun tomorrow on the new Hobbytown track. Hope you guys can make out out! It is a High Speed size layout with good traction that is fun to drive.

nitrojunkie
2011.02.26, 08:17 PM
Good day of racing today.Thanks to all that showed up.Thank you Jay for all of your help after we finished.Now I need to go kill some batteries.

miamimcnutt
2011.02.26, 09:27 PM
i had fun today guys cant wait till we race again, i got my first career victory ,albert

DJ Rattray
2011.02.27, 08:26 AM
Good job Albert fun racing. And Pedro I ran off with your connectors I forgot all about them Ill return them Thursday...

cosmicsoul
2011.02.27, 10:41 AM
Had a great time running with every one! You are welcome for the help Nitro, everyone in the Mini Z scene is always happy to help newcomers. Glad to have you and your son as additions to the local family.

Thanks to Pedro, Nitro and the HT guy .who helped with the I laps which worked very well I thought. The mini z specific transponders would definitely be nice but the loaners worked well if you zipped tied them. I used a giro z harnes that you plug into the board with a j plug connector at one end.

It would be nice to see some more guys out next week.

nitrojunkie
2011.02.27, 11:28 AM
Transponders are on the way for us to purchase according to Mark.I will get 2 and wire them so they will plug into the board.Thanks to Pedro for making up the harnesses that we used to power the transponders yesterday.I gotta get the skunk works going for Mini Z stuff too.

cosmicsoul
2011.02.27, 04:59 PM
Hey man what are you doing on the forum? You guys should be practicing at HT!

Just so you know the Dnanos run real well on the RCP. You guys should set up the Kyosho timing system set up and race the Dnanos.

I know you guys had a good following there some time back. Do you still keep in touch with the Dnanos guys.

Who is coming out this upcoming weekend 3/5/11. Nitro are you up to speed on the I laps yet?

Chris Miller where are you, I heard you have running on the carpet, when are you going to hang out on the RCP.

nitrojunkie
2011.02.27, 05:09 PM
Yes I plan on being there Saturday.We will get up there this week one night and hopefully get to work with the timing system a little more.I have to hone my announcing skills....They suck!!!The 10th scale guys were racing today.Had stuff to do around the house so had to stay home.I have ran the Dnano on the RCP it is a good combo.We would have to use Ilaps too many dead spots in the Kyosho antenna we tried my Dnano to test it when we had the problems.

pedrocamp
2011.02.28, 12:07 PM
Results posted... see the thread! I hope we can get some weeknight racing in as well, Tuesday maybe? Be a good night to get some of the NASCAR guys racing if they don't get sucked into the bigger cars.

MillerTime
2011.03.01, 06:45 AM
Chris Miller where are you, I heard you have running on the carpet, when are you going to hang out on the RCP.

I get one day a week if I'm lucky now :D I'd like to do the mini-z racing also but unless they get moved to the same day, it's not going to happen very often.

pedrocamp
2011.03.01, 07:06 AM
At least if you are racing the bigger cars it helps, Mini Z racing alone isn't going to to pay HT's lease on the track space. We need 3 to 4 well attended race days/nights a week to have it survive. Maybe Touring Cars and Tamiya Minis on Wednesday and Sunday, Mini Zs on Tuesday and Saturday and an oval class on ?. We would have to setup another timing system to run races concurrently, which wouldn't be too hard. The software is free and we would only need 2-3 more timing sensors. I am sure we could find a computer to use.

kwsmith29
2011.03.01, 10:12 AM
Two races at one time would be coll, but where would everyone pit..

Wade

nitrojunkie
2011.03.01, 03:32 PM
We're going to be there as soon as homework is done.

cosmicsoul
2011.03.01, 10:05 PM
First come first serve, I reckon. There is quite a bit of room in the back if we had more tables. 3 people can fit at a six foot table if you try. Some could actually pit in front of the store although I wouldn't want to. There is plenty of room around the carpet track, if you watch the line these guys are driving most of the track is wasted space.

With some planning and cooperation it can happen look how many people we have had at Highspeed.

pick
2011.03.02, 06:53 AM
3 people can fit at a six foot table if you try.

I love ya Jay, but there's no way YOU could ever share a six foot table with two other racers (unless they were Kyler and Lincoln). You might be a little guy, but you sure do have a lot of junk :). Crap, on any given race night you may and have left with two or three more cars than you came with :D!

Traveler
2011.03.02, 06:58 AM
4ft for Jay, and 1ft for each of the other two guys :eek:

cosmicsoul
2011.03.02, 09:12 AM
Still 3 people none the less. On a serious note though if you designate 2ft per person with a piece of tape or something that will have to work.

I definately agree I have enough stuff for and could pit at a six foot table. But for the good of the group and to lead by example I can work within the confines of 2ft.

I don't know if anyone has checked out the Dnano thread at Maj's but the have a pretty good thing going there.

I know most Highspeed guys wouldn't be interested but they did have a strong group of Dnano racers at HT last year.

Maybe at the next Saturday event we could work in a Dnano class and maybe draw in some of those racers. Even if they didn't make the transition it would be additional revenue for the track.

Who knows it might be a good opportunity for growth as most Dnano guys already have a 2.4 radio that would work with Z's.

Doing this would require using the Kyosho lap counting system to count the Dnano's. I think I heard there where some issues with the system. Where these problems an issue with the RF tags on the Dnano's or was the problem encountered trying to use generic RF tags for Mini-z's.

I wonder if any one knows how to get intouch with the J Ellis guy he seemed to be the Go to Dnano guy. I wonder if he would be interested in trying to ressurect the Dnano scene at HT.

nitrojunkie
2011.03.02, 09:42 AM
I will see if Joe is interested.He has been busy with work for a while now but I will check with him and see.I ran mine on the track last night.It would be cool to see 10 dNanos on the track racing.Rumor has it the Ilaps guy is working on a transponder for them.The miniZ harnessed transponders are at the shop now.Brent told me last night that Mark has them.We did run some laps last night getting a little better.The true test will be in traffic on Saturday.

mleemor60
2011.03.02, 10:03 AM
Anybody have a starting time for Saturday?

nitrojunkie
2011.03.02, 11:12 AM
Last Saturday we started at 1:00pm.

cosmicsoul
2011.03.02, 11:13 AM
We started about 1:30 last week.

pedrocamp
2011.03.02, 11:31 AM
Waitin' for Jay!

Faded92mx5
2011.03.02, 02:22 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to jump on and thank everyone for a good turnout saturday and being so open to newbies and curious shoppers. It was surely a great success. And special thanks to Pedro for picking up my slack... Brent has me getting pulled in several directions at once.

Also would like to confirm what Nitro said: we do now have the Mini-Z specific transponders in stock for $37 and if you need the MR-03 or -02 connector, it's $3.

mleemor60
2011.03.02, 03:37 PM
Mark. I emailed you earlier but just in case, please hold one of the Z specific transponders for me. See you Saturday.

cosmicsoul
2011.03.04, 07:31 PM
Who all is going to Hobby Town tomorrow? What time is racing going to get started?

Not 100% sure I can make it but will make every possible effort. Sorry I missed every one at High Speed yesterday. Some times work takes priority over Mini-z, not often just every once in a while.

pedrocamp
2011.03.04, 07:50 PM
We should be starting quals about 1PM. Hope you can make it, we missed you last night.

nitrojunkie
2011.03.04, 07:55 PM
We will be there.I am working 6 so I will get there just before 1:00.Picked up my transponder tonight and have it on the car.It will just have to be set up in the system.I printed the manual for the timing system and am reading it also downloaded the software from the site to at least start getting familiar with the different windows.The transponder with the ICS harness fits like a glove.See you guys tomorrow.

miamimcnutt
2011.03.04, 08:03 PM
ill be there, jay missed u thursday don u too hope to see u sat

pedrocamp
2011.03.04, 08:05 PM
Thanks for helping with the timing system! See you tomorrow.

cosmicsoul
2011.03.05, 04:00 PM
Hate that I missed it. Not much time for Mini-z lately.

Work, basketball, birthday party's and etc. It's a good thing I got married and had a family before Mini-z came into my life.

I might still be single if I would have started doing this 12 years ago!

I am glad it didn't work out that way, I do rather enjoy watching my son race! It won't be long before he's running me down!

miamimcnutt
2011.03.05, 05:36 PM
i was just wondering jay and marwan, i understand family comes 1st, i was just seeing if it was gonna be worth driving up for it, it was we had about 8 people

mleemor60
2011.03.06, 12:58 PM
Had a really good time yesterday. Ran decently. I-lap transponder is easy to work with and the time spent with friends is priceless. Even sold some 1/10th scale stuff. Overall great day.

pedrocamp
2011.03.06, 07:19 PM
Thanks for coming out guys! We had a fun race day, I will post up the results tomorrow... scanner at work.

nitrojunkie
2011.03.11, 05:10 AM
Who is comming tomorrow?We will be there it will be like last week again gotta work 6.

pedrocamp
2011.03.11, 06:41 AM
I have a bit of work around the house unfortunately. Have fun!

mleemor60
2011.03.11, 06:46 AM
Taking a long weekend for Wife's birthday. Missed the last four.

cosmicsoul
2011.03.11, 12:43 PM
Between work, Pine wood derby and company in the evening I won't be able to make it.

I am sure some of the other Highspeed guys will come out though. DJ, Albert, Marwan. Mike French, Wade, Don, John. I would bug them on the Highspeed thread.

Sometimes a little pushing and proding is all it takes to get these going.

It's going to be up to you Nitro, to lead the troops!:)

Traveler
2011.03.11, 12:57 PM
Me neither :(

cosmicsoul
2011.03.11, 01:20 PM
So who's going? We know who's not going. Seems like people would all over this like rubber on RCP!

miamimcnutt
2011.03.11, 06:56 PM
i think me an DJ might go

miamimcnutt
2011.03.11, 06:57 PM
for the rest of u guys get ur man purse back already lol

DJ Rattray
2011.03.11, 08:03 PM
Sorry guys looks like Im not going to be able to afford to race tomorrow. Bossman cant pay me yet.

miamimcnutt
2011.03.11, 08:31 PM
what DJ I THOUGHT U WERE GOING

DJ Rattray
2011.03.11, 09:26 PM
yeah I know buddy, Im sorry I thought I was getting some more money tonight. I dont even have 10 bucks right now.

miamimcnutt
2011.03.11, 09:34 PM
ok no problem sry about caps

cosmicsoul
2011.03.11, 10:53 PM
Maybe if you front him the dough Albert, he will let you win a couple.:p If I where going I would help you out DJ.

Anyway you guys need to get your game up for the upcoming Carolina Cup!

Lincoln and I will be running Pinewood Derby tomorrow just got back from the track, his JUNK is FAST.

Its funny how speed secrets are transferable from one form of racing to another!

Hope you guys have a great time!

Lincoln and I will see you all Thursday!

mleemor60
2011.03.12, 08:10 PM
Just finished dinner with Daddy and Mrs Rabbit and we were wondering what went on up there today. Anybody got a preliminary report?

miamimcnutt
2011.03.12, 08:11 PM
i didnt make it sry guys

nitrojunkie
2011.03.13, 10:13 AM
I called when I got home from work to see if anyone was there yet.As of 12:25 no one had showed up so we stayed home too.Next week is Pinewood derby so we will not make it then either.

miamimcnutt
2011.03.17, 12:34 PM
will there be a race on the 19th and how many people r coming

mleemor60
2011.03.17, 12:39 PM
I am planning on being there.

mleemor60
2011.03.18, 10:52 AM
Anybody else? Anyone? Anyone?

mleemor60
2011.03.19, 06:34 PM
Wound up with a decent practice day with Don Little Josh his friend Eli, Josh's Dad and myself. Five cars on the track made it good fun. Some of the big cars showed up and ran an oval. Had fun chasing them with the LM mod car. Such a nice day outside though I can understand the lite turn out. Better luck next week.

miamimcnutt
2011.03.19, 07:57 PM
i showed up about 12 and no1 was there

mleemor60
2011.03.19, 09:06 PM
I parked out back. By 12:10 I was running the Dyson.
Sorry I missed you. Could have used some help re setting the bridge. Not that it mattered cause I didn't know how to work the timing system.

cosmicsoul
2011.03.21, 08:28 AM
I hope to make it out this Saturday, the wife is out of town so it should be no problem.

Maybe if we get things started early we can get some participation going. Any takers?

Maybe we can get a drivers list going for some racing this Saturday the 26th of March.

pedrocamp
2011.03.21, 08:34 AM
Man I wish I could! Little road trip with the family this weekend.

There were a few guys running Sat... Mike, Don, lil' Josh and maybe Albert. Just practice.

Jay, give me a call today.

Traveler
2011.03.21, 08:42 AM
I hope to make it out this Saturday, the wife is out of town so it should be no problem.

Can she take my wife and kids with her? Then I could come too.

Man I wish I could! Little road trip with the family this weekend.

Maybe all 3 of our wives would like to take a road trip together this weekend with all the children :o

Traveler
2011.03.21, 08:43 AM
Or maybe James will come on and tell us to "Man Up" :)

nitrojunkie
2011.03.21, 03:50 PM
I hope to be there pending work schedule.If its a 6 hour day I will be there right at 1.If its 8 I won't get off till you guys are almost finished.

cosmicsoul
2011.03.22, 12:07 AM
I am sure we could start later if you will can give every one a heads up with a little time. Say by Friday or so.

Drivers list so far:

Jay
Lincoln
Nitro
little Nitro
Albert

miamimcnutt
2011.03.22, 12:11 AM
add albert

cosmicsoul
2011.03.22, 12:18 AM
Drivers list so far:

Jay
Lincoln
Nitro
little Nitro
Albert

nitrojunkie
2011.03.22, 04:48 PM
I will know for sure tomorrow.

cosmicsoul
2011.03.22, 06:52 PM
Cool deal Nitro,

The kids and I can run all day Saturday so whenever you get there is fine for us.

Anyone else going to make it out.

We should be able to get a few more Highspeeders to come out, once we know what time you will be available!

No pressure or anything. :)

TG64
2011.03.23, 07:39 AM
Me and Bob are trying to come on Saturday since we can't make it back up to HSH this Thursday. Maybe bringing a newcomer to our group up to Mooresville too. Make a call on time as soon as possible.

cosmicsoul
2011.03.23, 08:31 AM
Thats awesome Todd, glad to see you guys getting the bug again! This track is a little more free flowing than Highspeed just a tad bigger too.

Drivers list so far:

Jay
Lincoln
Nitro
little Nitro
Albert
Tod
Bob

Anybody else? Looks like it's going to be a good turn out!

nitrojunkie
2011.03.23, 04:09 PM
We will be there just before 1:00.Up at 3:00 workin by 5:30 off at 11:30 quick dash up 150 get the kid and head to Mooresville:):)

kwsmith29
2011.03.23, 06:29 PM
I'll be there Saturday about 12:30..

Wade

cosmicsoul
2011.03.23, 09:13 PM
Drivers list so far:

Jay
Lincoln
Nitro
little Nitro
Albert
Tod
Bob
Wade

Are you planning on bringing any of you crew Wade? Maybe you could convince Rodney to come out. Don where are you? James how about swinging by too!

Marwan man up! DJ Lincoln said he'll let you beat him this time. Mike bring little Josh. Michael French let's see what you got. Shoot maybe Aaron could hitch a ride from somebody. Shoot let's not forget Bob and Robbie the more the merrier!

DJ Rattray
2011.03.24, 09:42 AM
I wont the b-main last time. Maybe Lincoln can let Albert win this time lol.

cosmicsoul
2011.03.24, 03:06 PM
Ha! ha! my bad.:) So are you coming?

DJ Rattray
2011.03.25, 12:33 PM
nope Im selling out til winter.

nitrojunkie
2011.04.01, 05:04 PM
I will not be there tomorrow.Heading to Maxton.

mleemor60
2011.04.01, 05:15 PM
Is there a meet down there this weekend? Anybody known going for a new record? How about a report when you get back.

nitrojunkie
2011.04.05, 03:50 PM
Here are the records.
http://www.ecta-lsr.com/events/2011/Records0411.php
The wind got too high for runs over 135 on Saturday so runs stopped at 3 did not stay for Sunday.May go back next month.

mleemor60
2011.04.05, 04:05 PM
Thanks Nitro. Now be sure and be there this weekend with Jayden. There should be a good sportsman class group for the both of you.

nitrojunkie
2011.04.05, 04:52 PM
This weekend is pending the work schedule.Will know for sure tomorrow.As stated in the CC thread gotta work won't make it.Mike may go back to Maxton next month 14 or 15th depending on wind reports!! Got hooked quick.