PDA

View Full Version : will this RX-7 body fit an MA-010?

Tinytacohead
2011.03.05, 07:02 AM
Can anybody tell me if the RX-7 body in the attachment will fit the MA-010, from a dimensions standpoint? The info says:

For AWD ASF 2.4GHz / MR-03 Narrow RM chassis
Note: This body cannot be fitted to AWD 2.7MHz system

I wasn't sure if the reasoning was because there's no hole in the back window for an antenna or what. If it will fit, I'd love to snag one & try to remove the wing. Up until now, every FD body I've seen's been pretty ricey. :rolleyes: (also, I realize that wing's factory, but I prefer the FD's stripped down lines. wish it had the original front bumper cover too) As always, thanks in advance. :)

color01
2011.03.05, 07:49 AM
It will fit ASF MA010's as far as I know. You might have to do a little grinding to slam it and get the essence of the FD's cleanness, though. ;)

arch2b
2011.03.05, 08:35 AM
the description says 2.4.... 2.4 does not need a hole in the body for an antenna. i think it looks better without the wing as well.

use the smallest xmods drill bit and make a hole.

reaper
2011.03.05, 09:07 AM
i have a kyosho makers one (mr03n) on an awd asf chassis and it fits fine

i think its the same body just different decals

Tinytacohead
2011.03.05, 01:01 PM
Not to be rude but I know it'll fit an ASF MA-010, it says as such on the item page. :p Am I understanding things correctly though, that y'all figure it just needs a hole for my antenna & then it oughta mount to my oldschool MA-010, no problemo? I've been out of the Z'loop for quite awhile/have yet to see an ASF, (or really know anything other than they're 2.4Ghz). Heck, I haven't actually seen my 010 in months, haha.. I just bumped into those FD's on Ebay while window shopping the real deal & fell in love! :D (unfortunately, I think I've come to my senses & decided to stick with supercharging one of my Miata's, tho FD's are sooo sexzy!! :eek:)

reaper
2011.03.05, 01:18 PM
the only differnce betwwen a 27mhz ma-010 and a 2.4ghz ma-010 (aside from the electronics) is the board cover and aeirial

and as the rx-7 isnt a low body i dont see any problems fitting it to a 27 meg chassis

Tinytacohead
2011.03.05, 01:52 PM
the only differnce betwwen a 27mhz ma-010 and a 2.4ghz ma-010 (aside from the electronics) is the board cover and aeirial

and as the rx-7 isnt a low body i dont see any problems fitting it to a 27 meg chassis

Sweet, thanks. :) (now which color's the fastest? Jk :p) In all seriousness, for you customization pro's, how feasible might it be to remove the wing & get the rear area looking good again, without repainting the whole body? Does anybody happen to have one of these, and if so, do you have any pics from the back/showing the taillights? I'm interested to know which version they are, meaning with the little round reflectors or original..

color01
2011.03.05, 02:15 PM
Ah, that was the question now was it... the FD tends to hit the crystal on an AM AWD, you'll want to lay down or bed doen the crystal for clearance. Especially if you plan on lowering the body mounting.

Tinytacohead
2011.03.05, 02:26 PM
Ah, that was the question now was it... the FD tends to hit the crystal on an AM AWD, you'll want to lay down or bed doen the crystal for clearance. Especially if you plan on lowering the body mounting.

Great, thanks for the heads up! If I wind up getting one I'll be sure to post a pic back here. :)

Beatles
2011.03.05, 02:34 PM
actually all you need to is to bend the crystal and take off the am board cover, as for the other side you will need to shave down the battery terminal towards the front as it makes the body lopsided

Tinytacohead
2011.03.05, 02:38 PM
actually all you need to is to bend the crystal and take off the am board cover, as for the other side you will need to shave down the battery terminal towards the front as it makes the body lopsided

Sweet, thanks to you as well! Do you happen to know of any particular wheels that may resemble the real car's factory rims? I don't expect they make ones to mimic the originals, but every once in awhile I get lucky. :p

color01
2011.03.06, 06:47 PM
The factory FD3S had some real curvy five-spokes I don't think you'll find in the Kyosho collection. I would just go for the RE30's or R246-made CE28N's and be done with it. ;)

Tinytacohead
2011.03.06, 06:56 PM
The factory FD3S had some real curvy five-spokes I don't think you'll find in the Kyosho collection. I would just go for the RE30's or R246-made CE28N's and be done with it. ;)

Gotcha & thanks for the suggestions. Maybe this will be my FD & I'll stick with their cheaper & more reliable brethren in real life. :p