PDA

View Full Version : fwd awd ? can anyone read this ?

new2u
2011.03.06, 05:31 PM
well i think i have found this for the awd but i cant understand the translation of it but here is the jap writing

ミニッツのボディには、実車が前輪駆動の車種が数多くあります。ミニクーパー、ヴィッツ、ビートル、ゴルフ 等々・・・ならばミニッツをFWDにしてしまおうと!

FWD特有のタックインや、手強いパワーオンアンダーステアをいかに手なずけるかはアナタ次第特に、デフの セッティングがポイントですから、ボールデフの使用がお薦めです。難しくも楽しいミニッツFW D

ミニッツAWDシャシーでFWD(前輪駆動)走行を楽しむためのパーツですAWDシャシーを無加工でFWD にできます。取り付けは簡単です。AWDシャシーのリアデフユニットとリアユニバーサルスイングシャフトを 外して当フリーアクスルをセットして完了。3.0g軽量化されトレッドが片側0.3mmずつ増えます。ホイ ルがセットしやすいアクスル形状

herman
2011.03.06, 09:33 PM
rough google translation....

Minutes of the body, there are a number of vehicle front-wheel drive vehicles. Mini Cooper, Vitz, Beetle, Golf, etc. if Minute ... the FWD to the sand!

FWD and tuck-in particular, how the taming or Pawaonandasutea Keru soon ANATA especially tough, the setting of the Deaf from the point, I recommend the use of the Ball. Minutes difficult fun FW D

The MINI-Z AWD Chassis FWD (front wheel drive) is in part to enjoy driving AWD FWD chassis can be no processing. Installation is simple. AWD Furiakusuru to complete our set and remove the Riayunibasarusuingushafuto Riadefuyunitto chassis. One side is lighter tread 3.0g 0.3mm increments. Hoy le Ishi Yasu axle configuration set

herman
2011.03.06, 09:50 PM
i kinda remember trying fwd by taking out the rear gear diff in the awd, just to try it out... i remember not liking it very much... hope this helps...

Skv012a
2011.03.06, 10:44 PM
It'll handle just like a FWD. Word of advice, do NOT try this on a gear diff with a hotter motor than stock. Else, I'll suggest everyone with AWD to try this at least once, just for its feel.

What I haven't tried yet is FWD setup + drifting. It may just be a nice new feel.

iruninsoga
2011.03.07, 12:27 AM
Sounds like the qteq parts.

I use these on a DWS to convert it to rear only. You need to keep the differentials in the car to keep the center shaft in place.

The qteq parts allow bearing preload to be adjusted separately from tightening the wheel nuts. They work really well. They probably have less slop than just universals that have been separated at the joint.

Haven't tried front drive though...

Skv012a
2011.03.07, 12:48 AM
For RWD, you could remove the front diff and the center shaft gear and just make a stopper piece to keep the shaft in place.

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq249/skv0124/MiniZ/MArwd2.jpg

For FWD, not so much...

iruninsoga
2011.03.07, 07:26 PM
Never though of that. That'll save 10 bucks (next time that is) and a bit of static and rotating weight too!

I've just been keeping a plastic diff in there with the outdrives taken out.

Skv012a
2011.03.07, 07:48 PM
That works too, but then you have that dead weight rotating around in there. Honestly, I'd try an aluminum piece instead of styrene for a RWD conversion, but thats for a possible next time.

The only beneficial thing I've noticed in MA vs 02 is a better servo, else the weight balance is all out of whack and the car is MUCH heavier.

wildthing
2011.03.07, 08:34 PM
I have fun driving FWD mini in the 1/10th scale... I hope somebody develop a FWD mini Z some day. :D

I'd love to have those FWD bodies driven like a real FWD rc. ..

Skv012a
2011.03.07, 09:01 PM
I have fun driving FWD mini in the 1/10th scale... I hope somebody develop a FWD mini Z some day. :D

I'd love to have those FWD bodies driven like a real FWD rc. ..

Just make MA FWD lol. It will fit all of the FWD bodies too.

iruninsoga
2011.03.08, 04:12 AM
I was really interested in how an independent rear suspension would perform compared to solid axle. At x-speed power levels rear grip seemed impressive and high speed turn-in stability was fantastic. I fooled around with that for about 3 weeks worth of sessions.

I never got around to putting in anything more powerful, so I never found out how it holds up at even higher speeds.

I'll eventually bring it back out when I find the time to set it up for LiFe. I'm just dreading having to do the necessary hack-up job all along the inside of the chassis... Anyway that should fix the weight balance thing but I'm imagining tons of drivetrain and setup gremlins popping up with the power increase.

If a hundred some odd bucks landed in my pocket I'd love to try the double A arm front and have double wishbones on all corners...

PadrinoNY
2011.03.08, 08:24 AM
To make it FWD it's easier then making RWD. I did it and it's awesome. Just cut the spur gear tip off that connects to the rear diff but, leave the diff in cause that is gonna be you dead axle so to speak and the best diff to use is a factory gear diff emptied out. Remove the internal gears so it would act like a freewheel on both rear corners.

wildthing
2011.03.08, 01:15 PM
concept is nice... but a FWD with a motor in front will also drive differently...

new2u
2011.03.10, 01:17 PM
hmm some good views on this and the reason i asked is i have found a supplier in japan that actually makes a fwd kit for the ma010

and doesnt seem to be expensive either.

SaiTam
2011.03.16, 06:52 PM
The current issue of RC World or RC Magazine (Japanese) has an article and photos of custom FWD MA-010.

Skv012a
2011.03.16, 09:50 PM
The current issue of RC World or RC Magazine (Japanese) has an article and photos of custom FWD MA-010.

Link/scan/etc?

SaiTam
2011.03.18, 07:18 PM
I read it in the Japanese bookstore in NYC. No scan or link.

syafiq
2011.03.21, 08:10 AM
isnt it much easier to make awd to fwd by removing the bevel gear from the stock rear differential?

Skv012a
2011.03.21, 03:05 PM
I read it in the Japanese bookstore in NYC. No scan or link.

Which mag? I'll be in town next weekend and might to check it out.

SaiTam
2011.03.31, 01:50 AM
Video found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9e17ANF_YU

Custom Mini-z FWD

ruf
2011.03.31, 05:16 AM
hmm some good views on this and the reason i asked is i have found a supplier in japan that actually makes a fwd kit for the ma010

and doesnt seem to be expensive either.If you are referring to the QteQ rear axles, we carry them here.

http://www.reflexracing.net/proddetail.asp?prod=QT-081004-BL

iruninsoga
2011.03.31, 11:47 AM
Cool vid. Rear servo, transverse batteries (two of them at least) and front-mid motor is just like a Tamiya M-05. My guess is that the rear probably has qteq axles in it!

I can't imagine it outperforming a regular ma-010 with the rear axles disconnected, but I'm sure trying to outdo a ma-010 wasn't the point. Great work nonetheless.