PDA

View Full Version : What to get for wheels?

tylerb10
2011.03.06, 08:24 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry, but I'm pretty new to all this stuff. I just bought an MR-03 chassis, and I bought the White Lamborghini LP670-4 SV body and the Xanavi Nismo GT-R Test Car. I've read that the tires that come with the ASC's are pretty bad, so I was wondering what I should do for tires for each of the bodies? The tires would have to be good for indoor short carpet. I've looked all over on the internet and I can't really understand all the lingo yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tyler

Chicken Little
2011.03.06, 09:21 PM
Start with Atomic AW Groove-Wide (10 degree) for rears and Atomic Competition Front 30 for neutral steering or 20 for more steering.

tylerb10
2011.03.06, 09:25 PM
I guess I'm a bigger noob than I thought. What is neutral steering? And are the sizes different for each of the cars?

color01
2011.03.07, 02:05 AM
Basically the handling characteristic you want -- softer front tires (lower degree) will typically give you more oversteer/less understeer, hence the term "more steering".

For most competition use we really only have two sizes of tires, 8.5mm front and 11mm rear. Sometimes people use 13mm rears or double-8.5mm rears but it's rarer. And for short carpet, typically the only choice is foam or silicone, or if those are not allowed, the Kyosho tires are the second-best.