PDA

View Full Version : Giro Z Problems

shaggy33
2011.03.12, 10:34 AM
Hi All
Ok so I've made my bridge, downloaded the software, installed transponder into Mini Z, read instructions and tried to get the system to work.
That's when it all went wrong!!
I want to set up 1 car/driver to use as a base to learn the system, I have input driver name (it won't let me add dorsal strangely).
Started a training session and nothin happens, car going round but transponder not being read (don't think it's even on, tried the camera phone trick and can't see anything).
Help needed, is there any vids of Giro Z set up I can watch? preferably in English!

Thanks

shaggy33
2011.03.12, 10:42 AM
I can't active US Giro connection as it can't find the write drivers. Any advice??

Thanks

saddad
2011.03.12, 10:53 AM
does it count with the body off ? the transponder may need moving to get a signal to bridge
I've just done our robbitronic system the following way
from race manager click tools then th giro z tab & check activate on the main screen it should now show connectd pass transponder under bridge & it should show unknown then go to champ manger driver database select driver properties enter the transponder then restart racemanager start a new trainging session when you pass the car under the bridge it should now show the name hope this helps

shaggy33
2011.03.12, 10:59 AM
Thanks for this, I'll try to explain what I have got;

In tool on Giro Z tab I've got two boxes to tick. Top one is titled connection Giro Z and that is green
The bottom one is USB connection and has a port box and another box which says activate giroz usb system which I have ticked. Problem is I don't know what to put in port box! As a result it shows red!

saddad
2011.03.12, 11:20 AM
try putting in com 1 (i think ours is com 9) you should be able to find which port # in device manager in windows we use a seial to usb addaptor dont know if that makes a differnce

saddad
2011.03.12, 11:23 AM
sorry i've just looked again i think if you're useing a usb system you check th bottom one if its a serial port use the top one

chad508
2011.03.12, 11:25 AM
we had a similar problem and had to end up going to the trp wesite and download the drivers. thats the only place i could find them.

shaggy33
2011.03.12, 11:47 AM
Thanks for this agaib. I'll have a look for driver download as that is the issue. In device manager manager it shows giroz usb port but with ! Mark and no driver!
This may sound stupid but do i need to set up championship manager first? All i've done is add one driver to start with to see if bridge was working.
Also it wont let me enter value in dorsal which i can't fathom out!

chad508
2011.03.12, 11:55 AM
it should have a green or red light to tell you if the bridge is being reconized. if its red you need to find the drivers and down load them. i believe i found them by googleing giroz drivers. good luck

chad508
2011.03.12, 11:57 AM
also you do not need to setup race in manager but you do have to register a driver with a transponder #. you can do this on the main screen. its the helmet icon on top bar

zround
2011.03.12, 03:38 PM
Thanks for this agaib. I'll have a look for driver download as that is the issue. In device manager manager it shows giroz usb port but with ! Mark and no driver!
This may sound stupid but do i need to set up championship manager first? All i've done is add one driver to start with to see if bridge was working.
Also it wont let me enter value in dorsal which i can't fathom out!

Saddad and Chad gave the answer but I'd like to point out some tips if you use ZRound.

1) Install GiroZ USB drivers

You can find the drivers in the GirozUSB directory located into the ZRound installation path. I must say I had to patch the drivers to work with Win7x64. I have asked to TRP for the official release but I don't have the answer yet. On my Acer Laptop the patch works fine.

Windows XP detects the GiroZ device when it is connected but Windows 7 (at least on my laptop) don't. You must go to the device manager and search for the GiroZ device to install the drivers.

2) Configure ZRound

Go to the GiroZ configuration page:
http://www.zround.com/image/girozUsbsetting.png

You use the USB version so you must use the "USB connection" options (marked in red). Although you can input the "port" name (COM7 is an example, depends on your system installation), you can left it blank and ZRound will autodetect the device when you check the "Activate GiroZ USB system".

3) Start

Simply click on the "clock" icon. This will start a free training.

http://www.zround.com/image/toolbar_training.png

When the transponder goes under the bridge it will be detected and registered automatically. Then you can double click on the line to edit the Racer name and other properties.

Remember the transponder has a light that must be seen by the sensors so place it properly. You can use your cell phone camera to check if it works by focusing the body window, your eye can't see the light but you will see a brilliant point in the camera if it is working.

I hope it helps,

Jesus.
http://www.zround.com

shaggy33
2011.03.12, 04:28 PM
Thanks for all the help which is very useful. Please bear in mind that I am a complete novice to all this. How do I find the path for the drivers, shall I uninstall and re-install the software?

zround
2011.03.12, 05:23 PM
Thanks for all the help which is very useful. Please bear in mind that I am a complete novice to all this. How do I find the path for the drivers, shall I uninstall and re-install the software?

:). If you haven't modified the installation path during the setup you will find the drivers in "c:\program files\zround\girozusb".

If you have Windows 64bits then the path will be "c:\program files (x86)\zround\girozusb"

Regards.

shaggy33
2011.03.13, 06:24 AM
I have re-installed the software that came on the CD. I didn't spot an option relating to drivers during set up so when it had finished installing I went to

C:/Programfiles(x86)/Zround/GiroUSB

This folder has two files in it;

girozusb.inf
usbser.sys

When I right click on the .inf file it has an install option but when I try to do it I get the following message;

'The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation'

Now I am really confused, HELP please someone

shaggy33
2011.03.13, 06:32 AM
Just tried to connect the system to the laptop again and ticked the activate box in the USB Connection section of Device settings. Left the port box blank but alas nothing! I reckon it's all down to the drivers not being installed.

zround
2011.03.13, 08:37 AM
Just tried to connect the system to the laptop again and ticked the activate box in the USB Connection section of Device settings. Left the port box blank but alas nothing! I reckon it's all down to the drivers not being installed.

Hi,

You are using Windows 64bit version. As I wrote before (see the "1- Install GiroZ USB drivers paragraphe"), you need the drivers I patched to work with x64.

I have not a copy of the TRP's CD but I think they don't include drivers supporting Win64 operating systems. You need the files I patched so please use my software instead.

Here you have further details ...

Download ZRound from my site and install the software. Once it is installed, follow these steps:

1- Open the Windows Device Manager and locate the "giroz usb" entry.
2- right click and edit the properties of the device
3- Go to the "controller" page and use the "update controller..."
4- Select "search for the controller on my computer" (or a similar text)
5- Locate and select the driver file into "c:\program files(x86)\zround\girozusb"

Then, the GiroZ USB device should be installed properly under COM ports. I'd like to show you some screenshots of the procedure but I have lended my girozusb decoder so I can't do it :(.

Regards,

Jesus.

shaggy33
2011.03.13, 03:33 PM
Thanks for all your help but am still stuck!
I have downloaded the software from your site (version 1.10.6) but can't find GiroZ USB entry, do I need the system to be plugged in to see it?
If so I will try that but when I find it what do i do? You say right click and edit the properties but what am I changing it to?
SOrry if these are silly questions but I am completely baffled by all this!
Thanks

zround
2011.03.13, 04:13 PM
Thanks for all your help but am still stuck!
I have downloaded the software from your site (version 1.10.6) but can't find GiroZ USB entry, do I need the system to be plugged in to see it?
If so I will try that but when I find it what do i do? You say right click and edit the properties but what am I changing it to?
SOrry if these are silly questions but I am completely baffled by all this!
Thanks

Yes, you must connect the GiroZ USB decoder in order to install the drivers.

You were close to the answer before ...

(...)
Well, search the "giroz usb port" with the ! Mark and right click on it. A popup menu will be shown, it must be an item "install software controller" (or a similar text), then search for the drivers installed with ZRound. It must allow you to install them (the TRP drivers won't work).

It is easy ... if you know how to do it ;). I'm sorry but I don't have now a girozusb decoder to record a video nor to show you a step by step screenshoots. :(

I hope TRP upgrade their drivers to be detected by the operating system to avoid this annoying issue and make easier the GiroZ installation.

Regards,

Jesus.

shaggy33
2011.03.14, 05:03 PM
You're a legend, thank you so much. Sorted now, got the relevant drivers and it is port 3. I have checked the sensors and they work, just need to set up a race format etc. Would you be kind enough to send me link to video again?

zround
2011.03.14, 05:19 PM
You're a legend, thank you so much. Sorted now, got the relevant drivers and it is port 3. I have checked the sensors and they work, just need to set up a race format etc. Would you be kind enough to send me link to video again?

:D:D. It was easy after all.

There are two video tutorial in english about using the championship manager, but it is recommended also to read the "Quick Start Guide" installed with the software:

ZRound Manager - #1 (http://www.zround.com/request.php?32)
The aim of this tutorial is to introduce you to the championship manager and to show you how to create a championship, races, make inscriptions and to prepare the heats for running. Also, you will learn some tips about configuring heats and races.

Tutorial #2 (http://www.zround.com/request.php?33)
Race day

For further questions related to ZRound, please use the "ZRound" sub-forum. It will help other mini-zracer users to find zround specific Q&A.

Best regards,

Jesus.