PDA

View Full Version : zround & robbitronic problems

saddad
2011.03.13, 10:28 AM
Hi a bit of help or info please
we usd our new robbitronic system with zround (latest version) & had some problems
1 when we started a race the count down would get to 1 then stop the only way round this was to restart the computer
2 missing laps some cars would count 5/6 laps then miss some laps then count some more miss some etc
3 running 8 min races the counting would stop for all cars ( the action light on the interface would flash as each car passed under the bridge) after about 6 minutes but the clock was still running untill the correct time,
we checked all the transponders were dected before we started racing we use a fujitsu tablet pc running win 2000 pro 261,596 kb ram upto last week we used a lapz system with zround 1.4 (i think)

zround
2011.03.13, 12:26 PM
Hi a bit of help or info please
we usd our new robbitronic system with zround (latest version) & had some problems
1 when we started a race the count down would get to 1 then stop the only way round this was to restart the computer

It seems the software can't stablish the connection with the Robitronic device.
The issue is only for races or it happens in free trainings also?
I can see the details if you send me the log files ... Create a .zip file with the "C:\Users\Public\Documents\ZRound\Datos" folder and send it to my email (jesus@zround.com).

2 missing laps some cars would count 5/6 laps then miss some laps then count some more miss some etc

Is there any warning message on the log window?. If you have configured the "min. lap time" too low, any lap under that time will be ignored and you will see a red line on the log warning about this.

Also, please check the transponders are well placed and have direct view through the body window.

3 running 8 min races the counting would stop for all cars ( the action light on the interface would flash as each car passed under the bridge) after about 6 minutes but the clock was still running untill the correct time,
we checked all the transponders were dected before we started racing we use a fujitsu tablet pc running win 2000 pro 261,596 kb ram upto last week we used a lapz system with zround 1.4 (i think)

There was a bug in ZRound 1.9 and the race was stopped just after the first car passes when the decoder is working a long time. But you say you are using ZRound 1.10.6 so it shouldn't stop the race. Don't you?

The log files I asked you at the beginning will help. I'll be waiting for your mail.

Thank you.

Jesus.
http://www.zround.com

saddad
2011.03.13, 05:14 PM
trying to send the file now hope winrar ok sorry its in bits as it was to big to send

zround
2011.03.13, 05:47 PM
Package receved. I will keep you informed.

LED
2011.03.18, 05:43 PM
Regarding the missing laps.
Look at the event box check the line that appears when a car passes the line. It gives a statement strength with a number. This number should be higher then 150. Lower then 100 means a weak signal. Test this during race, not holding the car under the bridge manually.
Secondly are you sure have the bridge installed correctly? There is a minimum and maximum height for the sensor above the track. Also pay attention to the distance between the sensors. How wide is your track ?

All I can say is we have been using robitronic with zround since over a year, never had the problems you say or even missing 1 lap.

Hope it gets resolved quickly.
Good luck

saddad
2011.03.19, 07:55 AM
thanks for the reply just a couple of quick questions
our track's about 1m wide (2rcp tiles) so we used all 4 sensors
the ribbon cable that came with the system is a lot to long should we shorten this or not?
do you have the transponders under the tinted glass or with holes in the windows?
( the 2 cars that had no lost laps had a near clear scren & one we took the screen out)
we plug into the pc (tabletpc windows 2000) via a serial/usb addaptor (this what i suspect is giving us the problem) what do you use?
i'm sure the problem is not zround as we've used it with our lapz system for about 3 years with no problems
we should have a new bridge this week & we're trying a differnt pc so we hope this'll sort it

LED
2011.03.19, 10:28 AM
We also have the RCP track and the 4 sensors. I did not shorten the cable, but did always roll it out fully.
Regarding the transponders, could be it maybe, we take them out of the little plastic casing. Its alot smaller that way to fit under the windscreen. I never drilled a hole in the windscreen, nor replaced it with a clear windscreen.
I also use a serial to usb converter.
Try to check the strength like I said in the previous post.

saddad
2011.03.20, 04:05 PM
ran lap counter again but had the same problems any way we can check the decoder box ? ( fairly sure its not software as the timer is still going even though the lap count has stopped) the red led flashed as each car passed under the bridge i think its either the decoders faulty the cable faulty or the serial usb addaptor (we're going to try flipsides software next week ) any suggestions welcome

zround
2011.03.20, 04:53 PM
ran lap counter again but had the same problems any way we can check the decoder box ? ( fairly sure its not software as the timer is still going even though the lap count has stopped) the red led flashed as each car passed under the bridge i think its either the decoders faulty the cable faulty or the serial usb addaptor (we're going to try flipsides software next week ) any suggestions welcome

I have sent you a "debug" version with extra-log included.

I hope it helps to find the solution.

saddad
2011.04.02, 06:25 AM
just running zround now with the same problems but have just moved the decoder box from the end of the ribbon cable to the first connector after the detector & it run fine (not a real test as i only had 1 car driving back & forth under the bridge)will run the system again at our club tomorrow & then send you all the info as requested last week we ran another computer with a serial port & used flipside's software which had the same problem, could moveing the decoder really be the problem? lastly we tried to run robitronics rcm software but couldn't get it to run (all options grey'd out) sorry for the long post