PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Balance my MR02/03 or MA010 chassis?

Felix2010
2011.03.23, 09:59 PM
What is the best way to Fully-BALANCE the entire chassis of your mR02/ Mr03 / MA010 chassis? It seems that this is absolutely critical with 1/10 EP ON-Road chassis, is "Balance" Not AS Important on the Mini-Z -Scale???

geeunit1014
2011.03.24, 01:39 AM
What is the best way to Fully-BALANCE the entire chassis of your mR02/ Mr03 / MA010 chassis? It seems that this is absolutely critical with 1/10 EP ON-Road chassis, is "Balance" Not AS Important on the Mini-Z -Scale???

To get the side to side balance right on the MA010, best thing to do is get 4 pocket scales and then add weight as necessary. The MR02/3 should be very balanced L/R as is, and there isnt really too much you can do to shift weight F/R (and not much space to add any considerable amount of weight), so for those I wouldnt worry about it too much ;) But for the MA010 it is off L/R quite a bit in stock form, and it does handle much more consistently when balanced properly :)

EMU
2011.03.24, 11:49 AM
If you dont want to use a scale to balance the AWD, you can use a fulcrum on the center line of the chassis. Unless you use good scales, you will most likely have slight variance in the scale height, which will throw your numbers off. I tried with 4 cheap scales purchased from ebay, and found that when I moved them around from corner to corner, my numbers would change. I ended up only using two, and did f/b and l/r indipendantly of eachother.

The AWD definitely needs a little balancing. And most events have weight restrictions in place, where the balance helps you meet weight. Without balancing the chassis, you end up with some very weird setups to try to compromise for the difference in weight. I added about 4g to the side of the motor.