PDA

View Full Version : alu parts for mr03

Guystill
2011.03.29, 11:17 AM
Hi, just looking to upgrade my mr03 with alu parts, i have a corvette autoscale body, does anyone know where i can get my hands on a silver rear motor mount? also i was thinking for buying a PN Racing Double A-Arm Front Suspension system from kenon hobby: http://www.kenonhobby.com/PN-Racing-Mini-Z-MR03-Double-A-Arm-Front-Suspension-Silver_p_43988.html. should i? does anyone have any feedback? Thanks

hrdrvr
2011.03.29, 12:16 PM
If you are looking for a used motor mount, I could probably hook you up. If you are looking for a new one the shop here, or kenon (your link) should have a fair selection. If you cant find what you need at those two options, check out reflexracing.net.

I run the AA-Arm set up on one of my 03s. I really like the tune-ability of it, but there is some slop due to extra set of moving parts (bottom moves, where it doesn't in other conventionally set up 03s). There is very little point of contact from those moving parts though, so friction is almost un-noticeable. It seems more consistent and precise than the 02 version, and offers almost no bump steer, where my 02 version had it pretty bad.

The RR low-pro with front end is still on most of my cars. Reason being, it has the least amount of friction of any set up on the market (aside from maybe the PN AA-Arm), it is highly adjustable with very simple changes, it can be run in narrow or wide configurations, is very low maintenance, and it is much more affordable than the AA-Arm.

Guystill
2011.04.07, 06:01 PM
hi, ive been looking for a differentail for a mr 03 rear mount, i cant really find any for the mr03, does anyone know a diff that would fit? ive bought a couple in the past and have found that they are either too long or too short. because of this i dont really want to buy a diff for the mr 02 series as im afraid it might not fit. is there a compatability list out there? Thanks

chad508
2011.04.07, 06:05 PM
the 02 and 03 use the same diff. only one that would be different is an LM diff as it is longer.

Chris M
2011.04.15, 09:45 AM
Hi, just looking to upgrade my mr03 with alu parts, i have a corvette autoscale body, does anyone know where i can get my hands on a silver rear motor mount? also i was thinking for buying a PN Racing Double A-Arm Front Suspension system from kenon hobby: http://www.kenonhobby.com/PN-Racing-Mini-Z-MR03-Double-A-Arm-Front-Suspension-Silver_p_43988.html. should i? does anyone have any feedback? Thanks

I dont know the policy about links to other internet sellers, I'll share where I get my stuff anyway.

Atomic mods (http://www.atomicmods.com/) has almost every hop up for the Z. I just did my MR03 with everything but a coffee maker. Cost me a bit over $250. Got all my suspension (front and rear) motor mounts, body, bearings, diff, ect. I didn't get a clear chassis, I didn't see the need.

Call over and talk to Frank! They are in Texas and I got free shipping too.

Chris

arch2b
2011.04.15, 04:17 PM
you'll find the mini-z community is very forthcoming and sharing compared to others.

Guystill
2011.04.26, 02:26 PM
Hi, again thanks all for the help! so now i have a PN Racing rear mount. 2 problems: the first, is that the fuses attached to the kyosho X-Speed motor are in the way of the differential shaft. ive tried bending the wires to fit but they still rub angaint the staft, i dont really want to bend the wires more and then snap. the 2nd prob ive found is that inorder to get the wheels to fit on the covette body ive had to move the PN motor mount to the limit of attachment on the main chassis. should i still consider getting a Rear Mount or will a MM work? the length from wheel shaft to wheel shaft it 93mm