PDA

View Full Version : Double A-Arm set-up for the AWD (by PN)

Cherub1m
2011.04.03, 11:31 AM
Hi Everyone

I just thought I would start a thread about best set-up for the PN Double A-Arm suspension for the AWD. I got the system a while ago and haven't used it much, but their has been a resurgence of AWD at Cruzin with RC's. It's because of the smooth seamless carpet track that Ron is using. Basically its the best surface I've ever ran any miniz on it has loads of traction and cars don't flip even the AWD and the narrow set up AWD and narrow set up 2wd:D. Well, enough about that. Please share your set up for the this system here.

What I noticed is that the system springs are to soft even the yellow springs so I recently started to try the springs from the Double A-Arm for the MR02 I noticed a much more balanced feel and less hooking coming into the corner with a harder spring. Now most of my testing was at home so we will see. Also at this time I have full caster (i think is 2.3 deg) and full camber (i think is 1.3 deg) I will play with these things when I get a chance. I also have the SAS Pro kit installed on this AWD.

Also check out this site for the times and video of various races at Cruzin with RC's on the Carpet track. Check out the AWD, we only had two AWD races Thus far and they are getting faster faster has we get better understanding of how to drive them and find the optimum line. So far the fastest 2wd has hit a 9.4 (maybe a high 9.3) but the AWD has hit a 9.185 and has hit 9.2s and 9.3s consistently

http://www.imageextreme.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/cruizin/resultsauto.html

Ron, Steve, Jim (IT:D dude) did a great job getting this ready and Sai video taped these races.

Cherub1m
2011.04.05, 10:50 AM
Anyone that is using this system(PN Double A-Arm for AWD) have any set up recommendation for both Carpet and RCP?

lfisminiz
2011.04.06, 07:23 PM
Philip,

I do have it and like it. BUT i havent run it enough to give you an honest answer. Not many oppertunities but i would like to run/work on it again soon.;)

peter
2011.04.06, 08:52 PM
hi phillip,i also have the pn front end on my awd and it is awesome,u are a much better driver then me but every hop up seems to help me,i tested on monday night and my biggest tuneing was with tires,i have been using a few types from pn and atomic,my best lap so far is a 9.5but the car feels so smooth on carpet,that is the biggest factor u can push the car so much on carpet i am going to put in a chilli motor soon,sai ran my car and loved it,said it needs more motor...let the fun in awd continue....

peter
2011.04.06, 08:54 PM
p.s. sam will love this new thread,thanks phillip...

Cherub1m
2011.04.07, 08:09 PM
Philip,

I do have it and like it. BUT i havent run it enough to give you an honest answer. Not many oppertunities but i would like to run/work on it again soon.;)

I hear you man. I don't know if you ever been at Cruzin with RC (Owner Ron) he runs the AWD every Sat on Carpet its great I've been running the stock set up but have been fiddling with the PN A-Arm and the SAS I need to work on it some more but I see the potential. If you have a chance and want to try some carpet racing and try out the AWD come on by on Saturday. Miniz 2wd and AWD on carpet is just simply amazing i don't know what else to say about it except you got to try to believe it. Its smooth consistent and no seems to disturb the car. Hands down the best.

hi phillip,i also have the pn front end on my awd and it is awesome,u are a much better driver then me but every hop up seems to help me,i tested on monday night and my biggest tuning was with tires,i have been using a few types from pn and atomic,my best lap so far is a 9.5but the car feels so smooth on carpet,that is the biggest factor u can push the car so much on carpet i am going to put in a chilli motor soon,sai ran my car and loved it,said it needs more motor...let the fun in awd continue....

Cool glad you like it Peter. Do you know what camber and caster you have yours set at? and what springs are you using? and are you using the Kyosho DWS or Atomic SAS or Kyosho stock rear end? 9.5 lap time that is nice man that is nice.

Yeah I think Sam will be happy, I believe he's building a third AWD:D

Cherub1m
2011.04.08, 11:19 PM
I haven't done much more to my PN AWD ARM just trying out the the 2wd A-ARM springs on it for now. I did add another layer of Fets for a total of 4 on top 4 on the bottom :D