PDA

View Full Version : F355 body

Chris M
2011.04.13, 11:11 AM
Hey Guys,
I just bought a new MR-03 with the F355 body. I got it assembled and found that the rear shock tower is rubbing the body. The car is a RM I put on the right shock tower. The rubbing is causing rear suspension not to be able to move smoothly and I'm sure this will affect handling. Anyone have a suggestion?

EMU
2011.04.13, 11:32 AM
I cut out the some of the body where it rubs (rear decklid). Cut a little at a time until there is nothing hitting. You shouldnt be able to see much from outside the body. You can also remove and glue in the side clips a little lower which will raise the rear of the body and give you more clearance.

Chris M
2011.04.15, 09:40 AM
I cut out the some of the body where it rubs (rear decklid). Cut a little at a time until there is nothing hitting. You shouldnt be able to see much from outside the body. You can also remove and glue in the side clips a little lower which will raise the rear of the body and give you more clearance.

I called Kyosho and they said I had a bad body. They are sending me a new one. Thanks for the help.

jscheller
2011.05.13, 10:56 PM
Did the new body fit?
I have the same problem.

Chris M
2011.05.14, 12:56 AM
Did the new body fit?
I have the same problem.
I ended up not using the F355 body. I bought an NSX body, changed the rear end, and lengthened the car to 94mm. It drives much straighter at high speed. :D

machgo5go
2011.05.14, 10:03 AM
Did the new body fit?
I have the same problem.
Is the best 90 mm Body with PN's 90 mm Motor Pod but you must cut out most of the rear center deck of the mid engine cover & part of the rear center windshield.
After you dremel out all that and the PN Motor Pod can swing left & right motion freely, it drives great for Narrow class.

Taggsta
2011.10.13, 05:27 AM
Just found I have had the same issue. I have run it without the shock and it runs well

Taggsta
2011.10.15, 03:54 AM
Just found I have had the same issue. I have run it without the shock and it runs well

I emailed Kyosho and they replied with the car should be run without the shock absorber with the F355...that's why the shock is not fitted / assembled in the box. This also goes for the countach.

Hope this helps anyone who has recently brought the f355 challenge readyset.

rajiex
2011.10.15, 07:57 AM
Great body. I used the Atomic 90mm mount with no top shock needed and I didnt have to cut the body at all