PDA

View Full Version : Body clips falling off?

thestug
2011.04.16, 02:10 PM
I recently got a white body and glued the body clips on with a testors glue for plastics. It seems like this glue wont bond to Mini-z bodies. What glue do you use? Would super-glue work even though it is brittle?

Golddust
2011.04.16, 06:43 PM
I recently got a white body and glued the body clips on with a testors glue for plastics. It seems like this glue wont bond to Mini-z bodies. What glue do you use? Would super-glue work even though it is brittle?

I use CA Glue
I think its distributed by Great Lakes(?) Not sure if there are any other brands
out there
But this seems to work the best at our track (Action RC Minispeedway in Staten Island, NYC)
Jonathon

arch2b
2011.04.16, 06:54 PM
shoe goo or just goo. love that stuff.

EMU
2011.04.16, 07:16 PM
The best glue that I have used is Plasti-Zap... Gorilla Glue works pretty well, and is available at many hardware stores.

Dr. Kustom
2011.04.16, 09:06 PM
Try Plastruct Plastic Weld.

deloreanaka8
2011.04.16, 10:35 PM
Recently I had the same problem with a 360 GTC white body.
What I did was glue the clips 1st with Loctite, this proved to be stronger but still not strong enough. :p
So later I used a epoxy mix very similar to Loctite's gel epoxy set, never had a problem since. ;)
Another idea a friend gave me, but I haven't tried yet, was using resin.
Arch2b's idea is also great, I used to get shoe goo in lexan bodies and it's great... just too bad I can't get anymore nowdays.
Most people I know actually use silicon hot glue, I think it makes the body heavy, but I can't argue it doesn't work because it does. :D

Good luck