PDA

View Full Version : A few questions before I purchase.

Entr0phy
2011.04.18, 05:37 PM
Hello, I am new to the whole mini z stuff, but it looks like a great deal of fun. I do have experience with 1/10th scale off road. I am wondering about a few things, firstly, is the MA-010 chassis the correct choice for drifting? Can I obtain a receiver to use with my airtronics m11x? What upgrades are recommended to start with? Any info or a point in the right direction would be awesome! Thanks.

J-Milz
2011.04.18, 06:17 PM
Hello, I am new to the whole mini z stuff, but it looks like a great deal of fun. I do have experience with 1/10th scale off road. I am wondering about a few things, firstly, is the MA-010 chassis the correct choice for drifting? Can I obtain a receiver to use with my airtronics m11x? What upgrades are recommended to start with? Any info or a point in the right direction would be awesome! Thanks.

Welcome! The M0-10 AWD is the only chassis that can drift really. Ive seen some people on YouTube drift with the MR03, and the gyro, but for drifting the AWD and drift specific tires is what you want. . You can buy the PN adapter, and the ko propo asf module if you wanna use your Airtronics radio for 2.4 ghz. If you have a 27 MHz module for the Airtronics you may wanna try AM awd for cost effectiveness. You don't have to go nutz with drifting because there aren't usually too many people drifting on a track at any given pont like racing. So am is fine. IMO.

Entr0phy
2011.04.18, 07:10 PM
I see, thanks for the info. So all i need is the ko propo asf module to use my m11x on 2.4 and some tires. I don't really plan on racing much as the only track is like 2.5 hours away, so I was going to build my own and just drive with some friends. It seems all the sites I have checked are out of stock of all the drift sets. ANy suggestions on sites I should go to to order?
Thanks.

unearthed name
2011.04.18, 08:30 PM
eeeh word of caution. m11x can't be used with the ASF module since it doesn't have a space to install the module. i think you can do it with the m11 and the m8 though.

J-Milz
2011.04.18, 08:57 PM
Sorry didn't see the m11(x). I know the M8 and M11 with the PN adapter is good to go.

http://www.kenonhobby.com/PN-Racing-KO-Module-Adapter-for-3PK-M8-and-M11_p_42334.html

herman
2011.04.19, 02:22 AM
welcome to the forums...

if drifting is what you want... it'll be a ma010 awd chassis for you...
all the hop ups needed to drift? look no further than drift tires... and that's it...
racing however is another story... but i digress...

if you are in a bind... you can tape the tires over so that they are smooth... and you'll be drifting in no time... i've personally tried this while waiting for my drift tires to arrive... and it works... :D hope this helps

Entr0phy
2011.04.19, 03:26 AM
Awesome, thanks for all the responses. Can't wait to get started with these. I'm sure I'll start with drifting and then move on to racing. What's a good place to get the cars, parts, etc?
Thanks.

Scrapper
2011.04.19, 10:51 AM
Atomic makes drifting tires but I had a better time with the kyosho drift tires back when i built drafters

herman
2011.04.20, 01:52 AM
you can try the shop on the forums here... :D
and there are some guys selling second hand stuff in the market place thread...

mini-z
2011.04.21, 11:54 AM
Awesome, thanks for all the responses. Can't wait to get started with these. I'm sure I'll start with drifting and then move on to racing. What's a good place to get the cars, parts, etc?
Thanks.

Welcome to the forums Entr0phy! :) The best ;) place to get all this stuff is the Shop (http://shop.tinyrc.com) - that's what keeps these forums running, so everyone tries to support it as much as possible. :) As far as drifting, you will want:

Kyosho Drifting Tire

(8.5mm for front, and either 11mm or 8.5 for rear, depending on what body/wheels you are running)

To run a Mini-Z from an M11, you'd need:

KO PROPO Mini-Z RF Module RF-901SM 2.4GHz ASF SS

plus either:

PN KO Module Adapter

or:

R246 2.4GHz Module Adapter

However, the M11X is module-less, right? If so, you'd need a Mini-Z compatible Tx (http://shop.tinyrc.com/search.php?mode=search&by_title=Y&by_shortdescr=Y&by_fulldescr=Y&by_sku=Y&extra_fields[1]=Y&including=all&substring=2.4+Mini-Z+Transmitter), since Airtronics' FHSS-3 is not compatible w/ KO's ASF SS for Mini-Zs. :)