PDA

View Full Version : Batteries and Chargers

Chris M
2011.04.23, 06:46 PM
I just got my Batteries and Charger in from Atomicmods. I got the powerex MH-C9000 and the R1wurks 750 UHO batteries.

My questoin is this. What the heck am I supposed to charge these at? They are 750mAh batteries if my research is correct. The instructions say to charge em at break in. I selected 800 on the screen for the charge. Did I do it right? I cant find 750 so... did I screw up?:confused:

Edit:

ok so after reading the back of the package I think I should have set the amps to 1A or 1000mAh is this correct?

EMU
2011.04.24, 01:49 AM
I think 800 should be good... at least for the first few charges. In general, it is recommended to charge cells at 1C, or at the capacity rating. 1A is a little high for these cells, and they may vent. Some vents you can charge at higher amperage, I personally have had these cells vent on me when charging at 1A. At 700/800 you shouldnt have a problem, and the cells will still be plenty quick.

Chris M
2011.04.24, 01:17 PM
I think 800 should be good... at least for the first few charges. In general, it is recommended to charge cells at 1C, or at the capacity rating. 1A is a little high for these cells, and they may vent. Some vents you can charge at higher amperage, I personally have had these cells vent on me when charging at 1A. At 700/800 you shouldnt have a problem, and the cells will still be plenty quick.

Thanks a bunch. This charger has a break in for new cells... It says that it'll charge em over 45 hours with a discharge in there somewhere... which its doing now LOL.. I guess I did ok!

EMU your help has been awesome. Thanks for looking at all the forums here and imparting your wisdom on us new guys.

Chris

chad508
2011.04.24, 02:28 PM
Sounds like you set it on the break in setting, which is just fine for the first charge.

EMU
2011.04.24, 02:47 PM
I typically dont use the break in method... I just dont have the time :rolleyes:

Im just glad that I can help... :)